The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday June 26th, 2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning from Bar Harbor.  Thanks for the daily fleet report.   The captain said that there was a chance of rain today. Do far the skies are clear. Today's meal suggestion sounds good.  I'm not sure what we will have for dinner. I hope everyone has a good day tonight. 

20220626_055407.thumb.jpg.8a3f00f4373b4d2776e3f24f0cc10321.jpg

If I was in Bar Harbor today I definitely know what I would have for lunch!😎

• Like 20
  • Haha 3

Good morning, everyone!

Rain is in our forecast for today and that is a good thing.  We need it.  Nothing on the agenda today except a Zoom later on with my Norway gang.  Three weeks!  We can hardly wait.  

Today's meal sounds really good to me, just a little too carby for my blood sugar.  Oh, well.  I could make the sauce and put it on something else.   If you don't want the heat you can get the mild Italian sausage and leave out the red pepper flakes.   https://pinchofyum.com/spicy-sausage-rigatoni

180567518_spicyrigatoni1.thumb.jpg.311689ca80b8461a31729699596e338d.jpg

This next one sounds really good, but it is definitely not for those who are counting calories or anything else.  740 calories per serving.  Wow!  https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/italian-sausage-rigatoni-with-spicy-cream-sauce/

214259546_spicyrigatoni2.jpg.65e031db0968415d79ae3b5be6462646.jpg

The last one sounds nice and cheesy with mascarpone cheese, parmesan cheese,  and fontina cheese.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/spicy-sausage-rigatoni/

1222040806_spicyrigatoni3.jpg.0f1c76f7f85e27e72a31ff5311ae4bfb.jpg

Prayers for all who need them, especially Ukraine, victims of gun violence, and our Daily family members who are struggling with challenges.  Cheers for those who are celebrating, especially if it is on a BHB.   Wishing you all a very good day.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 8

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

Forgiveness sometimes is very hard bit it is also necessary for your own mental health. Cant let people or incidents take up residence in your head. Let it go!

Cairns is on our scheduled Australia trip this fall. Really looking forward to pictures. Have not yet decided what we will do there.

I think I am a little crazy . My nephew just called and needs a lady to round out their golf team today and I agreed. I played yesterday AM early. I will have lots of water with me, although after living here for 35 years, I am used to the warmth. His friends are all 20-30 years younger than me and treat me like a queen. They call me " Aunty". LOL.

Saw the new Disney ship. A truly beautiful ship.  There are many ships in port today. 

@kazu  Your friends property is beautiful. I hope you can enjoy your time with them. 

@mamaofami A very Happy Birthday to you! May you have many more.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! Getting ready for church. It will be our pastor of 30 years last sermon before he goes into semi retirement. He’ll still do a sermon now and then but not as Lead Pastor.

I miss my hairdresser but when she refused to get vaccinated I went to another Salon.

Light rain yesterday but we need more. The overcast did create cooler weather which was nice.

May drop in later but time for church. Thanks Rich, Roy and all our contributing editors.

Have a great week. Next Sunday we hope to be in Oregon.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 26

12 minutes ago, dfish said:

Today's meal sounds really good to me, just a little too carby for my blood sugar.

Have you ever tried this pasta?  I eat it because it has so much protein but it is low carb because the only ingredient is soy beans.
CD39EEEB-E4EF-478E-BC0B-AC058EB53ED2.jpeg.927de3c8c428496ff237d8db92ed51c3.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

I think I'm mostly caught up with Daily-ite news since Wednesday. I won't try to name you all as then I'd surely miss naming someone, but…

parking lot hit & runs, 

some in & some out of Covid jail,

unexpected medical woes,

yummy food pictures and recipes,

hospitalizations,

new contributors posting,

cruises being enjoyed,

times spent with family and friends,

other successful travels,

crazy airports and flight problems,

cute pets,

enticing port pictures,

and

delightful reports on new babies, grands, and other treasured children!

But, through it all, the common thread of Daily-ites sharing, commiserating, and caring across the miles and through our differences. What a family we are!

-Melisa

• Like 40
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I really appreciate my beauticians - the gal down the street who has a salon in her home for my hair, and the woman at the nail salon.  I can forgive, but I have a long memory and am guarded about being hurt again.  I loved canoeing - went on many canoe trips with my son's schools, both when he was in elementary and high school.  Now I'm not sure I could get in or out of one without tipping it!  LOL

Interesting quote, but some people don't know that they don't know.  Would someone mind buying a bottle of today's wine so we could all have a teeny sip?  Yikes on the price!

@mamaofamiHappy Birthday to you with many returns of the day!

@smitty34877sorry Tana's cough is an issue; that can be so disruptive at night.  Glad DH's able to walk a bit better.

@kazuyour accommodations are beautiful ... love the sign above the hot tub - wonder where they got the idea for that one?  LOL  I hope you're able to relax in the comfort of good friends and family.

We had a real mix of weather yesterday, hot sunshine and thundershowers.  We took advantage of the late afternoon sunshine by sitting outside in the pergola with drinks and snacks, just enjoying the serenity of our yard.  We call it our "lake property" because we're totally surrounded with foliage from trees and vines and it's very private, so we don't feel we have to leave the city to get away from it all.  The bonus is that we don't have the boat and jet ski noises to disturb the peace.

DH is taking the topless car out this morning and will spend a couple of hours with others showing their vehicles . . . I'm staying home.  Since we got rid of our beautiful 1961 Pontiac Parisienne, I'm no longer interested in showing cars.  I'll stay home and continue getting stuff put away (child-proofing) in anticipation of our grandsons visit later this week.  I like today's menu suggestion, but want to try a new recipe for chicken in the air fryer - using crushed "piggy puffs"(I think that's a Canadian term) or bacon rinds as a coating instead of panko crumbs.    Chicken and a Caesar salad will be what's on our dinner table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for the people of Ukraine and all they've having to endure - the shelling is just relentless.  We'll raise our glasses to salute all on the happy list, especially those who are able to be on BHB's.  Get your boosters, stay safe, wear masks when needed and be well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Thank for our Daily, Rich and a happy Sunday to all of you from Brampton, Ontario.

I am just sitting outside in my little Oasis (I rise earlier than my hosts).  I slept in late yesterday even with the time change - probably a bit stressed and emotional?

A20DC159-5372-41B8-A4AD-BA55D7B72153.thumb.jpeg.4e9332b521e1b37b4441c24fbfe10343.jpeg

These two are the views from where I am sitting.

6B2EA3BC-2B37-4D73-8E1A-96C6D24D1B15.thumb.jpeg.d8e1559457cee7b2dd12fac518eab01d.jpeg

Jane’s climbing rose bush is gorgeous

E048721C-0347-42F7-B8DF-A44CC3F6D588.thumb.jpeg.c9ec6adec9cfcd8fbf615915cf31304e.jpeg

It’s much hotter here and they are calling for T-storms today when we are expecting guests.  No matter - we’ll be outside and well protected 😉 

BD62BCA6-6EE0-4F72-8109-B9F0079939C6.thumb.jpeg.677867fe22674784021faab3ab081e54.jpeg

They are like me - like to be outside - more room than in the house and much prettier 😉 

For Captain DD fans - here is a pic of when we got our silver medals on the Prinsendam.  Jane & John and I were on our first cruise together and have stayed friends all these years ♥️ Our captain was very kind doing our pics individually as usual and then called us back up for a special picture of the 4 of us (still in the folder) and one of Jane & I.

1DE7B4DE-C9F8-40C4-A693-6EC12F3A2849.thumb.jpeg.45ed0a5151e6475f8ef8d9b5d52e6b24.jpeg

My good friends Georgina and Gerry are coming today.  Georgina & I at the Meet & Greet:

F488BC21-1318-4B30-973F-53863CA0D467.thumb.jpeg.6ea3f808dada68c57583cd466f1afbca.jpeg

Along with my sister and her husband.  If it doesn’t rain there might be some swimming 

7CC3B98B-6F78-4696-9BC9-BF112B704145.thumb.jpeg.cec1f18de5defbeea769a0982f308332.jpeg

or hot tub involved.

C33A4B87-F443-45AC-BE10-98BB6BFCC03B.thumb.jpeg.4a97752ce2813480abcadb664a2f1276.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Sunday all. I’ll probably be catching up at the airport tomorrow (assuming the flight goes 🤞)

Lovely gardens and photos.

Graham.

• Like 16

Happy Sunday Dailyites!

@grapau27  Again many thanks for bringing us to church this morning.

Its cloudy this morning, I guess there is a chance of rain, but recently in this area, I'm beginning to give up hope.  We are getting desperate.

The more I learn, the less I know.

I dated a boy in high school who's parents owned a lake house in northern NJ.  The family invited me up for a week after graduation. There were a lot of kids in the family, and they rented canoes one day and we canoed down the Delaware river, between PA and NJ.  I loved it.  After college graduation, I joined a young adults group and we did the same canoe trip several times each summer.  And then I got transferred south, and hadn't canoed for years.  Until I read about a canoe trip offered by the park service in FL that went down the Suwanee River.  It was supposed to take 4 hours, but with a tail wind, it only took two.  Still had a great time.  I did see someone wearing a T shirt yesterday that said, Paddle Faster, I hear banjo music.  Shows my age, I laughed very loudly in the restaurant.

canoeing_cats_poster-r2b637f6577f8408bb5

@smitty34877 The last ten years that I worked at WAC, I worked inside, no windows at all.  And every day I would have a coughing fit, couldn't breath, and one afternoon my boss went outside when I started coughing.  Every day for a week when I started coughing she left the office.  on Saturday night she came in, and told me that the minute the sun went down, that is when I was having problems breathing.  I know that there are lights that you can get that have the same effect of the sun...that might help Tana. 

When they took blood on Friday for my diabetes tests, the nurse who took the blood left me very bruised and swollen.  I'm not sure she hit the right vein.  The bruise even has a bruise.  Between her artistic ability, and the cats' claws, I'm beginning to look like an addict.

@kazuWhat a beautiful place where you are.  I really hope that you don't get the rain, but it looks like lots of places to stay dry there, and your family and friends can be your sunshine. 

e2b63733476ef66260ae6730ec47d620.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Good morning everyone. Thank you for the birthday wishes. It’s going to be 91 today and while it has never ever rained on my birthday, the air quality won’t be so good so thankfully between two shows most of the day will be in air conditioning. It was so nice to wake up to see my grandson sleeping here. Best birthday present this year.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Happy birthday @mamaofami! 🎂🍾

We have a beautiful sunny but windy day coming. As I sit in the truck using WiFi I watch giant dragonflies scooping up mosquitoes. Hopefully they get a bunch before being grounded by the wind. Lots of gardening since too windy to fish.  

Thanks for the Daily Reports, I look forward to the cocktails, wines and recipes.  Prayers for all needing them.  Prayers for the people of Ukraine and those supporting them.   🇺🇦🙏

• Like 24

Mexican Julep cocktail recipe:

Ingredients
3 parts Sauza® 901® Tequila
1 part Agave Syrup
1 barspoon Water
5 sprigs Mint, Fresh

Instructions
Muddle 4 mint sprigs in pewter mug. Add agave syrup and a barspoon of water. Fill with crushed ice. Add Sauza® 901®, stir well. Add more crushed ice. Garnish with fresh mint sprig.
*A bar spoon holds about 5 millilitres of liquid (the same as a conventional teaspoon). Its long handle is similar to an iced tea spoon, but is usually decorative and elegant – some variations mimic large swizzle sticks, with a disc at one end.

Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 10.14.17 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. Thank you for the birthday wishes. It’s going to be 91 today and while it has never ever rained on my birthday, the air quality won’t be so good so thankfully between two shows most of the day will be in air conditioning. It was so nice to wake up to see my grandson sleeping here. Best birthday present this year.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

Happy Birthday, Carol! May your new year be filled with laughter, love, great health - for you & Sam!

A3769E34-DF4F-47C2-A270-BB8AF05F23E6.jpeg.1b39ecede2aa8aa5a37e143ecc44ef52.jpeg

• Like 23

Good morning all!

Cheers to all beauticians.  Forgiveness is important, sometimes hard to do though.  Have never been in a canoe, but have been kayaking several times.  We'll be in Cairns on the Grand Australia in '24, I look forward to all photos. Will pass on the wine, the drink sounds good as does the meal with less spice.  

Jacqui @kazuenjoy your time with your friends, what a lovely home they have.

Carol @mamaofamiHappy Birthday!

Debbie @dfishI can't believe it's only 3 more weeks until your cruise!!  Excited for you!

I'm rushing to get started on putting more stain on the deck, and getting an earlier start than yesterday.  Slept well last night unlike the night before. 🙂  

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Happy Sunday Dailyites!

@grapau27  Again many thanks for bringing us to church this morning.

Its cloudy this morning, I guess there is a chance of rain, but recently in this area, I'm beginning to give up hope.  We are getting desperate.

The more I learn, the less I know.

I dated a boy in high school who's parents owned a lake house in northern NJ.  The family invited me up for a week after graduation. There were a lot of kids in the family, and they rented canoes one day and we canoed down the Delaware river, between PA and NJ.  I loved it.  After college graduation, I joined a young adults group and we did the same canoe trip several times each summer.  And then I got transferred south, and hadn't canoed for years.  Until I read about a canoe trip offered by the park service in FL that went down the Suwanee River.  It was supposed to take 4 hours, but with a tail wind, it only took two.  Still had a great time.  I did see someone wearing a T shirt yesterday that said, Paddle Faster, I hear banjo music.  Shows my age, I laughed very loudly in the restaurant.

canoeing_cats_poster-r2b637f6577f8408bb5

@smitty34877 The last ten years that I worked at WAC, I worked inside, no windows at all.  And every day I would have a coughing fit, couldn't breath, and one afternoon my boss went outside when I started coughing.  Every day for a week when I started coughing she left the office.  on Saturday night she came in, and told me that the minute the sun went down, that is when I was having problems breathing.  I know that there are lights that you can get that have the same effect of the sun...that might help Tana. 

When they took blood on Friday for my diabetes tests, the nurse who took the blood left me very bruised and swollen.  I'm not sure she hit the right vein.  The bruise even has a bruise.  Between her artistic ability, and the cats' claws, I'm beginning to look like an addict.

@kazuWhat a beautiful place where you are.  I really hope that you don't get the rain, but it looks like lots of places to stay dry there, and your family and friends can be your sunshine. 

e2b63733476ef66260ae6730ec47d620.jpg

Thank you.

I'm happy to share.

Graham.

• Like 6