The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday June 26th, 2022

richwmn

Thanks to Rich @richwmnfor the Fleet/Daily thread, and to Roy @rafinmd for the Care and Celebration lists.   Thanks for the food and drink recipes and for photos of Cairns, which we have visited  on BHB's.

Raining here today.

@mamaofami Happy Birthday,  hope that Sam is improving and that he will soon be home again.

@Nickelpenny Bon Voyage, enjoy the Westerdam.

@kazuthank you for sharing photos of your "Oasis",   beautiful garden.

@durangoscots thank you for giving Monty a forever home.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, durangoscots said:

We had rain again today and no one is complaining. Dogs are not thrilled with wet walks. And yes, that is dogs. I decided to keep the little Chihuahua boy. He is very shy but seems happy to follow Bandit's lead in all things. I was told he was a fussy eater. So far I have not noticed that. I think the key right now is making him feel secure. Have decided to call him "Monty" after he responded to that this afternoon. He has never responded to what I was told was his name. Can't say that I blame him. 

Sounds like people on the cruises are enjoying themselves. 

Take care all.

Susan -with Bandit and Monty

Susan, I'm happy you decided to adopt Monty.  I think he is very lucky to have Bandit and you as his forever family.

Lenda

• Like 12

1 minute ago, kochleffel said:

What prompted you to try calling him "Monty"?

Hated what they were calling him at the shelter (he may have come from owner with that name, but he did not answer to it). Did not want the usual Chihuahua names.... thought of Montezuma.... tried Monty and he came running. So that is what it is......

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

The Junior Cat (her online name) came to me from the MSPCA, where they said her name was Sasha. She didn't respond to it, and I thought that perhaps she had come to them with no name and they had chosen it. I continued to use it, though, because at first she seemed too frightened to respond to any name. Having the Senior Cat in Charge (Fergus) growling at her probably didn't make her feel any more secure, but he got used to her in a couple of days.

About a decade ago we had a boy in school who was called Sasha by his Russian family. In Russian it's typically a male nickname, for Alexander, and I thought that when he was older he might choose to go by Alex.

• Like 11

I'm feeling a bit rattled after reading a post in the roll call for a cruise that I've booked. Someone proposed forming a dining group for anytime dining and reserving the same time each night -- in other words, simulating fixed-time dining while getting to choose table companions. They wrote, "we have room for four couples," which I interpret to mean that solo passengers won't be welcome in their group.

This is the reason that I avoid fixed-time dining: the possibility that someone at the table will be resentful of anyone not coming as a pair. (I thought it was a cruise, not Noah's Ark.) In my work, I insist that donation amounts for fund-raising events be quoted as per person, not per couple.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, durangoscots said:

Hated what they were calling him at the shelter (he may have come from owner with that name, but he did not answer to it). Did not want the usual Chihuahua names.... thought of Montezuma.... tried Monty and he came running. So that is what it is......

And you got it right as usual 😃 

Just dropping in for a second as my hosts are beat,  What a fantastic job they did.

Always two syllables for dogs with vowels.  That’s a perfect name for commands later and God Bless you for saving Monty. ♥️ 

May you have many happy years together 💜 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, durangoscots said:

We had rain again today and no one is complaining. Dogs are not thrilled with wet walks. And yes, that is dogs. I decided to keep the little Chihuahua boy. He is very shy but seems happy to follow Bandit's lead in all things. I was told he was a fussy eater. So far I have not noticed that. I think the key right now is making him feel secure. Have decided to call him "Monty" after he responded to that this afternoon. He has never responded to what I was told was his name. Can't say that I blame him. 

Sounds like people on the cruises are enjoying themselves. 

Take care all.

Susan -with Bandit and Monty

Congratulations on adopting Monty!  And what a great name, actually a nickname, for him. Isn’t it funny how people choose pet names?  It took us days to name Blue. And one day I looked at him and said that he had a blue cast to his skin (he’s hairless), and said Blue!  That’s it, plus it’s also my favorite color.   

Would love pictures of your new family member!

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon again.  The only thing left to do is folding the last load of towels.  After the house was clean, I had to go up into the attic and change the a/c filter, which really needed changing.  Note to self for next year is to change the filter in April or early May when it is still cool.  I think I have finally cooled off enough to be able to take a shower.

I will celebrate my beautician today, and schedule a visit later this week.  I really miss my stylist who retired in 2020.  She had a sign on her station that read:  "I'm a Beautician, Not a Magician".   Like a lot of things, forgiveness is easier said than done.  'I've only been in a canoe once at a summer camp.  That is when I realized canoeing was not for me.

The Socrates quote is so true, and more people need realize that they don't know a lot, much less everything.

The meal looks good and I will save the recipes.  This dish was served on the Koningsdam and except for the first time, it was good.  My guess is the first cook went home and a new cook prepared the next dishes.  We'll pass on the drink.  The wine sounds lovely, but not the price. 😱

@grapau27  Graham, I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your church.  It looks so peaceful and relaxing.  If you are ever in Sydney, Nova Scotia, there is an older Anglican church not far from the pier.  When we were there in 2019, the ladies of the church had it open for visitors.  Somehow, I didn't get a picture of the outside.  I loved the simplicity of the church.  Thank you for your kind comments about todays pictures.

DSC08430.thumb.JPG.b1973cca54b73d34a3b81c7a068c44e4.JPG

DSC08431.thumb.JPG.f00609944526599f44fc2855ff04e820.JPG

@mamaofami  Carol, I hope Sam is doing better and that he will be home soon.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm glad Tana is improving, but oh my, on the fever and night time cough.  Hope things continue to improve for her.  Glad that your DH is walking better and the gout is clearing up.

@kazu  Jacqui, your friend's garden is lovely, and I hope being there with friends and family, and not having to do anything is having a restorative effect.  I loved the pictures of the M&G and Captain DD.

@HAL Sailer  Melisa, you summed up the Daily perfectly. Curt and your family remain in my thoughts.

@ger_77  Gerry, have you tried making chicken Parmigiana in the air fryer?  It has turned out well for me.

@marshhawk  Ann, DH can sympathize with you about the arm art.  They had a hard time finding a vein for the blood test and for the IV, and it made for interesting designs.

@Nickelpenny  Bon Voyage and enjoy your cruise on the Westerdam.

@1ANGELCAT  🥇 Yeah for the cats!

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I'm glad the leg is improving.

Lenda

Thank you Lenda.

This church looks lovely too.

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone!  We had no internet working on the ship yesterday except for early morning so I couldn't catch up here until now.  Sorry to have missed out on all the discussions.  I want to welcome the new posters @ktbraunand @Nickelpenny to the Daily.  Bon voyage wishes to @Nickelpenny.  I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Nice to see Jacqui @kazuhaving an enjoyable getaway.  I hope that Carol @mamaofamihad a superb birthday celebration and that Sam joins her at home soon.  Prayers for Tana! 

We were in the tiny village of Skjolden yesterday which meant for a short jaunt to town (population 200).  Along the way to the end of the fjord we saw one of the best waterfalls I've seen in a long time, called Feigenfossen. 

Starting to think about the end of the cruise and packing now.  It will be good to be home this time.🤔

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4