The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday July 2nd, 2022

richwmn

Today is I Forgot Day, World UFO Day, and Special Recreation for the Disabled Day

Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.--J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Meal Suggestion for today - spanish frittata with herby yogurt and greens
Drink of the Day - Tropical Spice
Wine of the Day - Julien Cecillon 2018 Saint Pierre (Cornas)
Destination of the Day - Honolulu, Hawaii, US

Eurodam

Seattle, Washington 07:00 - 16:00

Koningsdam

Vancouver, BC Canada 07:00 - 16:30

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 07/03

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Invergordon, Scotland eta 07/03

Noordam

At Sea Destination Whittier, Alaska eta 07/03

Oosterdam

Piraeus-Athens, Greece 07:00 - 16:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Hammerfest, Norway eta 07/03

Westerdam

Victoria BC, Vancouver Island, BC Canada 18:00 - 23:59

Zaandam

Montreal, Quebec Canada 07:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

Skagway, Alaska 07:00 - 21:00

Volendam

Rotterdam Waalhaven Ukraine Relief

0702World.thumb.png.d2d230649065fda6483b9321096703e8.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 12

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

I'm not sure about the quote, I'm sure happy when they numb things up for dental work.

Special recreation for the disabled day is a good day to have.

I've never seen a UFO or had a close encounter of the third kind though I love the movie.

Pass on the food and drink.

We had a great time on the Equinox last month so we booked the same cruise for August 7th, 5 weeks to go. 

Thanks for the Daily, stay well and have a great day.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 28

Good morning.  Thanks for the Reports.

A bright and cool morning, but supposed to be a pleasant afternoon.  We had a few drops of rain yesterday but I think other areas got lots of rain.  I hope the farmers and gardeners are happy.

"I forgot day" could be my day!  I seem to forget more than I remember.  I haven't seen a UFO but I'm sure there are aliens among us (how else do you explain the behaviour of some?).  Special recreation for the disabled sounds like a great idea.

I'm not sure about the quote.

The meal sounds good, but our neighbour is hosting a bbq so I'll have whatever they are serving.

Hope the drink and wine are tasty.

I'm sure there will be lots of pictures of today's port, thanks in advance.

Prayers for everyone who needs them.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Enjoy your day.

Stay safe.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Up early to prepare house and final packing. So far flights say they are a go and on time. Will see! On the news last night they stated Delta had offered a flyer $10,000.00 not to fly. If we get that offer it will be “son we’re not coming!

We’ll keep you posted. Enjoy the weekend. Thanks Rich.

• Like 25
  • Haha 9

Good Morning from Montreal.  Thanks for the daily fleet report.  It's a beautiful day, nothing is planned.  We may walk around town for a bit.   I'll pass on the meal suggestion and have no idea what's on the menu for tonight.  I hope that everyone has a good day today. 

20220702_064521.thumb.jpg.f89bbde63c67ed09c332b77bd32c02e1.jpg

After last night's show we saw a double rainbow. 20220701_202206.thumb.jpg.fe9526746ca7967feb25b57bdb0d5a84.jpg

• Like 33
  • Thanks 4

Good afternoon from a sunny North East coast of England where it is currently 70°F.

Thank you for today's fleet reports and Daily Rich.

I have read books and watched documentaries on UFOs and found the subject fascinating.

I sometimes forget things but often remember them.

Disabled people deserve our respect always.

The quote is partly right but pain can be disabling and any relief is worth it.

We had an amazing Hawaiian cruise on Grand Princess in  November/December 2019 and enjoyed our time in Honolulu.

Best wishes for everyone on the care list to recover.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the report, Rich.  Love all 3 of the days and the Rowling quote.  Been to Honolulu several times, always on Crystal or land trips.  It will be some time yet before I'm ready to comment on the meal.  Oops, just realized my lists are on the other laptop that isn't yet connected to the wifi.

Roy

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich. Another lovely morning here. The deer have stopping by for breakfast the past few mornings. I lost count at twelve this morning. Bindi is so good with them. Thank goodness. 

Roy hoping that you have recovered from your boarding ordeal and can start enjoying your cruise. Morning Dailyites!  An early Zumba class for me, then a contractor who got rained out this week will come to finish the job.  Dinner at my friend’s this evening. We need to finalize some plans for our Alaska trip. 

Some iconic images from Honolulu…

Sunrise over Diamondhead.

B86A7242-F205-4FEF-9486-697D05AFD8DA.jpeg.cc0a89fe503078d01f849ab3109ea629.jpeg

Arizona memorial at Pearl Harbor

A042C504-FA4C-44D3-A628-EC5EC66AF5AB.jpeg.354a7e6a98ad3c19d8530e3509200ba9.jpeg

This morning’s smile…

66B5F989-6C3E-4157-AE59-DE1CB96E2D9A.jpeg.2d025cedcd3fcd8365e3f3a56f89d8b8.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Julien Cecillon 2018 Saint Pierre (Cornas)

This Rhône Syrah sounds lovely. But it’s superb ratings come with a price outside of my budget. I used the 2018 vintage’s info, but all released vintages share similar ratings and prices. Available from several online distributors with prices starting at $71.99.

97pts Wine Enthusiast
It takes just a whiff to know there's something deeply special about this truffly, intensely blackberried Syrah sourced from organic grapes. It's powerfully ripe, bursting at the seams with cassis and black cherry flavors, and sumptuous in texture, but delightfully nuanced too, etched by shards of granite and earth, dried flowers and smoky, meaty charcuterie. Freshly balanced and ethereal in minerality, it's stunning young but should improve well through 2040.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

Good morning friends!  I'm trying to work my way back into real life here at home, so after I woke up and checked DD's flight status, I went downstairs to our workout area in the lower level sunroom.  Just half my usual time on the treadmill.  After DH does his workout on the Total Gym machine he will do the treadmill too.  Here's a photo from there just after I got off the treadmill.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIVOpcOtRYWRwqf7MAlUCPEaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1656760942

Thanks, Rich for the Fleet report and Daily.  I feel like I Forgot Day is made for me!  Not a witness to any UFOs but that's okay.  I feel recreation is for everyone and that includes the disabled.  The meal sounds okay, not sure about that quote, though.  Yes, like everybody else I've been to Honolulu (4 times).  I'll post some photos from the last time we had Honolulu as our port destination, June 1, 2021.  Prayers for everyone on Roy's Care list and cheers to everyone celebrating.  I plan on watching DD and Missy's ship leave Port Everglades this afternoon.  I hope the weather cooperates for their sailaway.  They are on Caribbean Princess.  

While I was growing up I never imagined I would get to see so many places in this big wide world.  Didn't everybody dream of going to Hawaii someday?  Of course when we sailed to Hawaii the first time in 2007 on Diamond Princess we wanted to see Pearl Harbor so took a tour there.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

After the Arizona Memorial we went to the U.S.S. Missouri where Japan surrendered at the end of WWII.enhance

Appropriate for us to visit - that's our home state!

enhance

The site where the papers were signed.enhance

Back to the ship docked next to Aloha Tower.enhance

We were entertained by local dance groups that evening.enhance

enhance

In 2009 we visited Honolulu again on the Golden Princess.  This trip we traveled with friends we'd met the previous year on a cruise.  We were parked next to Aloha Tower again.enhance

The four of us headed out to meet a friend of theirs in Chinatown.  The first thing we saw was a skyscraper and some window washers.  Scary!  That doesn't look safe!enhance

enhance

We headed into the fish market.enhance

Heading towards the beaches we passed the statue of Queen Liliuokalani.enhance

and the Iolani Palace.enhance

followed by the beautiful statue of King Kamehameha.enhance

A quick stop to look at the grounds of the Hilton Hawaiian Village.  Not too shabby!enhance

And a brief look at Waikiki Beachenhance

enhance

• Like 30
  • Thanks 6

And more photos.

In 2014 when we sailed Golden Princess again to Hawaii, we also went on to Samoa and Tahiti.  Spreading our wings a bit.

I got a prettier shot of Waikiki Beach that time.  enhance

then the statue of Duke Kahanamoku.  He was one of the world's greatest watermen and a master of swimming, surfing and outrigger canoe paddling.enhance

Here's a trolley stop right at Waikiki Beach for those who don't want to walk all the way from the ship.enhance

That night we had a visit from the same dance school as we did the previous trip there on Golden Princess in 2009.  The little girls dance up and down the aisles at the end of their performance.  Real crowd pleasers!enhance

In 2017 on the Maasdam heading to the South Pacific, we again walked around Honolulu.  We saw a few different things to photograph.  We saw this group of people leaving for a boat ride from the beach.enhance

enhance

surfboard storage!enhance

enhance

• Like 29
  • Thanks 6

Good morning!  I took my niece on a Hawaiian cruise as a graduation gift.  We spent a few days in Honolulu before boarding the ship.

We hiked Diamond Head.29B998B5-780B-4E27-B1F2-C22E6D941C90.jpeg.d56beae36c694333145e3eef301b3cbc.jpeg

We went to a fabulous farmer’s market afterwards.

063E51A5-A31C-4A08-A05C-0EE058164C10.jpeg.06f158c4f1e6ba8ff2ffa31e8f92325f.jpeg

We watched some outrigger canoe races.6957B926-08A4-4C6B-90FB-4548DEBC326C.jpeg.59981013f916fc835cf26e1e63fbe5e4.jpegThe next day we went on a food tour. (Highly recommend.)413D9106-527E-4BD0-9B8D-A39C1A08123E.jpeg.4fb9b1941aabe2cd9b295d3d533a7e21.jpegShe learned to surf.3F151792-1EAF-4665-93C1-E537AEB01040.thumb.jpeg.9766d8872262214611cc949a6ffeed3d.jpegThen we boarded NCL’s Pride of America.83687069-F566-4B48-B5B3-296F1FFE3B8C.jpeg.1a3393e57ff5beef7a6a597fac7d5b44.jpeg

239894B7-B3E9-4670-B95C-A7E578E7993B.thumb.jpeg.9f5924aed0f23912a629a97d4e7e8f59.jpeg

Edited by 0106
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 7

Good morning  to all.It will be a rainy and humid day today.We went to the port on "the best cruise ever" with  DD and DSIL on the  Veendam. We went to Waikiki  Beach together and walked around after swimming. 

I need food inspiration  and will wait and see what the recipe is like. 

I started to get ready for our trip to MA  next week.I tried my bathing suit on and got the sheets and towels together that are needed for the rental. We have heard from our relatives  living there that restaurants  are having a difficult  time  due to worker shortages.We will probably  make meals ourselves anyway.My fellow Grandma is a great cook and we have planned a few favorites  for the family.

@Sharon in AZ

Congratulations  to Craig on his retirement

@Vict0riann, Bon Voyage

@Seasick Sailor, enjoy your stay in Maui

Terry

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

And more photos.

In 2014 when we sailed Golden Princess again to Hawaii, we also went on to Samoa and Tahiti.  Spreading our wings a bit.

I got a prettier shot of Waikiki Beach that time.  enhance

then the statue of Duke Kahanamoku.  He was one of the world's greatest watermen and a master of swimming, surfing and outrigger canoe paddling.enhance

Here's a trolley stop right at Waikiki Beach for those who don't want to walk all the way from the ship.enhance

That night we had a visit from the same dance school as we did the previous trip there on Golden Princess in 2009.  The little girls dance up and down the aisles at the end of their performance.  Real crowd pleasers!enhance

In 2017 on the Maasdam heading to the South Pacific, we again walked around Honolulu.  We saw a few different things to photograph.  We saw this group of people leaving for a boat ride from the beach.enhance

enhance

surfboard storage!enhance

enhance

Great photos Sandi and a brilliant workout area and equipment at your home.

When we were on our Hawaiian Islands cruise I was in the gym every day on Grand Princess.

Strange how from being the strongest I had ever been I had a heart attack 2 weeks after getting home and have never worked out again in the 2 and a half years since my heart attack.

Graham.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone.

I'm getting a late start here today due to a power outage last night.  Power went out around 8:30 pm.  I reported it immediately.  By 9 pm the power company reported that crew had been dispatched and would have the problem fixed by midnight.  Ok, that is late for me.  I can't sleep without my cpap.  I'm so used to it now.  The outage was somewhat localized.  The houses behind me had power and the next block down had power.  Just from the corner up the street where I was.  That meant the problem was in the electrical box across the street.  We have underground wiring so I knew it wasn't trees or anything like that.  And, no strong weather.   Just a few raindrops.  I don't know where the crew was dispatched from, but they didn't show up until midnight.  It was a relatively quick fix once they showed up and power was restored by 1:00 am.  By then I was too jazzed up to fall asleep.  So, I am dragging this morning.  

Today's meal is a good one.  I could only find one recipe that included the herby yogurt and greens.  There were plenty of sites, but they were all the same recipe.  https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/spanish-frittata-with-herby-yogurt-and-greens

2035107992_spanishfrittata1.thumb.jpg.5bdb2cae7441d5ed713803edbb753c3a.jpg

Something similar to a frittata, which is finished in the oven, is Spanish tortilla.  It is like a potato omelet, but more sturdy than what we think of as an omelet.  Tortilla can be served for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.  Sometimes it is served as a tapa in a restaurant.  It is a usual for people who stop by for cafe con leche and tortilla mid morning.   https://mayihavethatrecipe.com/tortilla-de-patatas-spanish-potato-omelet-revisited/

1439734414_spanishfrittata2.thumb.jpg.e4c7dd334b7af4e6b9f265ca38ce3319.jpg

Prayers for all who need them, especially Ukraine, the victims of gun violence, and our Daily family members who struggle with challenges.  Cheers to those who are celebrating.   Wishing you all a lovely day!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 9

Good Morning from a warm and cloudy day at the beach    

Good selection of days. I have never seen an UFO but living on the Space Coast who knows! LOL 

My hope is that someday recreation activities will include everyone.    

I like most of you have been to Honolulu several times both on a cruise and land trip. Beautiful place. We are looking forward to stopping there again in October. THe last time we were there in 2019, we took a taxi to Waikiki and walked back to the ship.  Little bit of a hike but we stopped along the way and really enjoyed it.  Will probably do the same, although I told DH that I want to ride in one of those outrigger canoes. 

@Sharon in AZ   Congratulations to your DH on his retirement!  That was a great suggestion about volunteering his time to "tech challenged people". I have a friend that volunteers at our local library one day a week assisting people with their challenges. He does it in 1/2 hour increments. Very popular service!

Still working the excursions for our trip. DH told me yesterday that he wants me to do what I want and he and DD can stay behind. He has been to Australia/New Zealand many times over his working years. I was never able to join him for various reasons.  Some of our best port visits are when we would just get off the ship and walk around. Met some great people. 

Stay safe and enjoy today   

Charlene

• Like 30

A beautiful day here in Michigan's UP.  It will be a quiet 4th here because our neighbors have refugees from Ukraine visiting so fireworks are delayed to respect their need for quiet.  It will be a day of gardening for me.  The fish must have read the calendar as they started biting on July 1.  No snapping turtle in the yard this year. I think the found out neighbor's newer excavation easier to get to. 

Have a great Saturday and safe travels to all.  Thanks for the Daily Reports!  I have been to Honolulu once on a forced delay on our way to Kona. Never got far.  Prayers for all who need them and for the people of Ukraine. 

I caught a feisty Bass and a decent Bluegill all go back unless they are keeper Walleye. None yet this year - subsisting on grocery Walleye for now.  A deer in front of my sister's cabin and another near shore.  

IMG_8006.jpg

IMG_8024.jpg

IMG_8018.jpg

IMG_8015.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Happy Saturday! I thought that I saw a UFO years ago, it was a weather balloon.  I forget things so much, I take notes, all the time, and lose the notes.  I do remember seeing a cover on a National Enquirer years ago that said-"Your cat may be an Alien", but heck I already knew that.

c65d009a85c4b5d0f1dcd3f78babe60c.jpg

In this picture, you see the cats coming down.😸

DH's appointment with the oncologist regarding nerve block surgery didn't go the way DH thought it would.  He absolutely does not want DH to have more surgeries. He is sending him, we have an appointment, but he wants DH to learn how to manage the pain, not block the pain. More surgery means more time under, and more time under DH cant do.  Yes, it has affected his mind, and it takes longer and longer to bring him back.  So, the doc increased all his meds, to deal with the pain, thing is, that he needs to remember that one of the meds, HAS to be taken 3 times a day, and the other for pain, is to be taken BEFORE he has pain.  I can foresee lots of problems in my future.  He gets up now at weird hours, takes meds, and has no memory of what he has taken, so when he gets up again, to face the day, eh, he doesn't know what he took and when, and he doubles up on the already doubled up meds.  So he is very hard to wake up in the mornings.

The doctor also advised for the third time in three months that DH get out and walk every day, to take more vacations and to learn to enjoy his life.  He then set up a blood test for DH, and told the nurse to give me money , for a vacation, because, I needed one. She and I laughed, and she said, but Ann does water aerobics.  I said, no that isn't me that was the DH.  I was taking an art class.  But last night DH said we really need to set our work boundaries, He needs less working at night time, and I need to spend more time getting him up moving and walking.

I am going to have to step up and get him a daily pill holder.  Anyone seen one with morning, noon and night containers?  And now you know why he cant be put under again.

641d084117b56b3bfb44c64a944aacc2.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

am going to have to step up and get him a daily pill holder.  Anyone seen one with morning, noon and night containers? 

Amazon, works gear for my DH.12B23A17-6E68-41B9-88CE-7FE66753AAB0.thumb.png.b6ddcabb070e877d6eade3eb97b0dfed.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Dailyites. 

Prayers lifted this morning for everyone in need. 

Yesterday had our pedicures and out to lunch. Friends stopped by for a nightcap. Just a few chores today. Cleaning out the bird feeders, watering.. we are restricted to a 1 time per week water schedule,  so no irrigation sprinklers, no washing the car in your drive..

We witnessed a brand spanking new fawn in the bushes. Our neighbor texted and said mama already came and got it. People are seeing them around our walking trails and try to walk by softly so they don't get scared.

34622.thumb.jpeg.24d868fab75d8cb82ca011a644559efe.jpeg

image.png.647db63452fdd93fedc7beb8442f45ce.png

image.png.a96da9592ae22631e8de4faee3a3c313.png

Edited by Seasick Sailor
add on
  • Like 19
  • Haha 11

Thanks for the Saturday Daily, Rich.

Interesting collection of days.  I definitely have celebrated I Forgot Day - especially over the last few months 😉 

3072D637-BDDA-47D5-83A9-4230A056C34E.jpeg.da3e705fd65fac21374867601489e5bc.jpeg

Nice on the recreation day for the disabled. 👍 A special birthday today - Elsa Lessard turns 100.  A great Canadian - she and her team of code breakers are estimated to have shortened WW II by 2 years & saved 1/4 million lives. With deep gratitude and best wishes to her for a very happy birthday ! 🎂 

That Rowling quote is ever so true.  Yum on the Spanish frittata. 👍 Enjoyed Honolulu and we enjoyed a performance at the Chief’s Luau that evening.

Looks like I mucked up yesterday.  Worked away making two batches of strawberry rhubarb jam (it seems to be liked) and a batch of blueberry strawberry freezer jam.

7194118E-D79A-4B85-946B-9ED8F33A964D.thumb.jpeg.411ec906342a491f1ad72a0f6ca71a89.jpeg

foolishly thinking I would have time to garden and when I realized I wouldn’t I said ok, I’ll do it tomorrow -  and, of course - it’s raining.  😔. I guess that means I finish one batch of strawberry jam once I buy more sugar 😉 

Well, I best get moving if I am going to accomplish anything.  I slept in very late - not at all like me.  I guess I am catching up from the flight debacle still 😉 

DB1BBC8F-AF00-45A0-93E6-A3F2510A922C.jpeg.3844208563565247cc866544fb37b6f2.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory Shout Out list.

Have a great Saturday everyone!!!

21AEFA16-CA15-4703-9411-9A3F40172117.thumb.jpeg.55111683cafe20211ad7c7734949abe7.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when / where needed.

• Like 33
  • Haha 1

Good Morning, Dailyite family. Thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily.  

Started packing. I wanted to check 1 large suitcase, and take 1 carryon and my backpack (I use as a personal item). But it looks like I’ll need to check 2 suitcases. I was up early because I kept thinking of things I still need to pack, so I started a list. Yup, I need to check 2 bags. 😛 I’ll decide if it’s large or medium depending on how long the list gets. 

I think I’m done ordering from Amazon for this trip. Well, I have to be done because it won’t get here in time with the holiday. So I hope I’ve got everything. 🤞

Could I please ask for some prayers? 🙏 My GF’s DH had some groin pain yesterday and he thought it was his hernia acting up. Well, he went to the doc (or urgent care) and he is now in the hospital. Kidney stones, gall stones, and pancreatitis. Treatment TBD. Haven’t heard a status from her this morning. Prayers and good thoughts are appreciated. 

Thanks to all for caring and sharing. 😘

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2