The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday August 3rd, 2022

richwmn

10 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Sharon, you will love an April crossing.  I assume it's heading east in the spring.  Not only do you arrive in Europe rested and ready to hit the ground running, but also, with some itineraries, you gradually head in a northern direction, so you chase the springtime as you head north.  On one we did, we hit spring bloom at every port stop.  It was magical.  Well, springtime is wonderful anywhere.

East to west in the fall is good, too.  The Spanish farewell ports are delightful.  I'd take either way, but springtime to Europe is our favorite.  We're doing another one next May, 30-day British Isles on Zuiderdam.  I can't wait.

Thanks Maxine!  I think I’d prefer a spring crossing also. Chasing Springtime sounds like a wonderful way to explain it, I love your description!

Wish we could tag along on your Zuiderdam cruise but Craig has informed me that he only wants to sail on Pinnacle Class ships from now on. He’s in love with Club Orange. Personally, I think he just will always equate the Oosterdam with being in quarantine. Poor thing. 😉

• Like 14

Just now, Sharon in AZ said:

Thanks Maxine!  I think I’d prefer a spring crossing also. Chasing Springtime sounds like a wonderful way to explain it, I love your description!

Wish we could tag along on your Zuiderdam cruise but Craig has informed me that he only wants to sail on Pinnacle Class ships from now on. He’s in love with Club Orange. Personally, I think he just will always equate the Oosterdam with being in quarantine. Poor thing. 😉

I know!  We will miss CO and Tamarind!  But the itinerary was one we both liked, so there it is.  It's getting harder all the time to find ones we both want to do.  🤷‍♀️

Is it too soon to share which one you are thinking of?

• Like 11

1 hour ago, lazey1 said:

@RedneckBobwelcome to the daily. It seems that we were both on the roll call of one of the 4 or 5 of my cruises that was cancelled because of Covid.

Jane

Thanks. Yes Jane I was probably on a roll call with you since we had six cruises cancelled due to Covid.

• Like 8

Lots to catch up on here after getting home from my doctor's appointment!

Happy Birthday Jane @lazey1! I hope you have an excellent dinner tonight wherever you choose to go.

Bob @RedneckBobI think we were on a roll call for a canceled cruise too.  I was looking forward to meeting you and finding out if you're as funny in person as you are here on Cruise Critic. 😄

Well, I think it was @StLouisCruisersand @SusieKIslandGirlwho predicted my diagnosis and they would be right.  It's a classic case of golfer's elbow (or in my case, more of a gardener's elbow)!  She taped it up and told me that Voltaren Gel is very good for it. Also gave a pile of pages of exercises to do.    Another choice is injection, but I'm trying to stay away from that and will (boo hoo) try to not use it as much when gardening.  That will be the hardest part.  But like she said, if I don't rest it, then it never will go away.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Bob @RedneckBobI think we were on a roll call for a canceled cruise too.  I was looking forward to meeting you and finding out if you're as funny in person as you are here on Cruise Critic. 😄

Wow, small world, another fellow cancel cruiser on same cruise due to Covid. Back at you as far as meeting you. I try to be quite reserve on cruises. Could you please pass me the grey poupon. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Lots to catch up on here after getting home from my doctor's appointment!

Happy Birthday Jane @lazey1! I hope you have an excellent dinner tonight wherever you choose to go.

Well, I think it was @StLouisCruisersand @SusieKIslandGirlwho predicted my diagnosis and they would be right.  It's a classic case of golfer's elbow (or in my case, more of a gardener's elbow)!  She taped it up and told me that Voltaren Gel is very good for it. Also gave a pile of pages of exercises to do.    Another choice is injection, but I'm trying to stay away from that and will (boo hoo) try to not use it as much when gardening.  That will be the hardest part.  But like she said, if I don't rest it, then it never will go away.

Carolyn, it must have been another of us who mentioned golfer's elbow.  Before I heard the pain was on the inside of your elbow I thought it might be tennis elbow (tendonitis) which is on the outside of the elbow.  I've never heard of golfer's elbow before actually.  I hope the Voltaren gel, taping it up , and the exercises work for you.  The perils of gardening!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Carolyn, it must have been another of us who mentioned golfer's elbow.  Before I heard the pain was on the inside of your elbow I thought it might be tennis elbow (tendonitis) which is on the outside of the elbow.  I've never heard of golfer's elbow before actually.  I hope the Voltaren gel, taping it up , and the exercises work for you.  The perils of gardening!

Oh right, you mentioned tennis elbow but at that time I hadn't said which side of the elbow it was.  You were close though!  Yes, perils of gardening, rats!!  Now to use my other arm more but not TOO much and end up with two bad arms 😉  

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Carolyn, you might just get in the habit of using those neoprene elbow supports during your gardening.  They are so simple, but very healing.  I've had good luck with my knees by just adding that warmth and support.

I hope it feels better soon. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Entertaining day today on the Daily & Fleet Report!  Of course, I am late again.  But it was a good day of doing all the little things I have put off since my trip.  When I got back, of course, I unpacked, did laundry, paid bills and went through mail.  But I had several little things - emails, phone calls that I used today to accomplish!

I am glad to see that some folks are getting answers on some of their painful joints, etc.  Sorry @dfishthat one of your group has COVID!  Hope it is a mild case.  @smitty34877I have been praying that Tana wouldn't be too seriously affected by the virus.  Her IPF makes COVID just so scary!  Hope recovery comes quickly for your entire household.

My Red Cross stuff starts tomorrow.  I "should" do 2 Zoom meetings, but I have a previously scheduled CT and Pulmonologist appointment tomorrow, so will miss one meeting!

My floor will be cleaned tomorrow as my cleaning lady comes tomorrow.  My last visit with her coming as she is moving back to Utah.  I am very fortunate to have found a new person who comes with great references.  Thank goodness, as there are several tasks that I can no longer do!

Happy Birthday @lazey1

Have a great evening, everyone!

Mary Kay

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

We had a severe thunderstorm warning and a tornado watch.  Lots of thunder and lightning and rain.  (I know we need the rain, but not this way!)

Looks like the tornado watch has been cancelled for us.🙂

We had the severe thunderstorm here in Windsor. Got about half an inch of rain. Not really enough but it will help. No damage in our end of the city but haven’t heard about the county or the east side. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1