The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday August 4th, 2022

richwmn

Today is Chinese Valentine’s Day/Daughter’s Day, National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, and U.S. Coast Guard Day

Well-behaved women seldom make history.--Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History

Meal Suggestion for today - air fryer steak
Drink of the Day - Bourbon Milk Punch
Wine of the Day - Montes 2018 Alpha M Red (Apalta) Chile
Destination of the Day - Otaru, Japan

Eurodam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 07:00 - 13:00

Koningsdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 10:00 - 18:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Skagway, Alaska 07:00 - 21:00

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Sydney NS, Nova Scotia Canada eta 08/05

Noordam

Juneau, Alaska 08:00 - 18:00

Oosterdam

Nafplio, Mycenae, Greece 08:00 - 16:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Akureyri, Iceland, Lake Myvatn eta 08/05

Westerdam

Sitka, Baranof Island, Alaska 08:00 - 16:00

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Nanortalik, Greenland eta 08/06

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Tracy Arm & Juneau, Alaska eta 08/05

Volendam

Rotterdam Waalhaven Ukraine Relief

0804Pacific.thumb.png.565a3b68e0e813848bcdb49da3d0720e.png

0804Atlantic.thumb.png.d2dc35f14453d865dc37382ee29d436f.png

• Like 31
  • Thanks 11

Good morning and thank you for the Fleet and Daily Report.

We had a lot of rain overnight, some thunder and lightning.  Fortunately, the wind dropped and the chance of tornadoes moved away.  It's already hot and humid so we won't be doing a lot today.  Bertie and I have just come back from a walk, I made sure he didn't bother the Canada geese.😁

I'm all for Valentine's/Daughter's Day.  Hubby loves chocolate chip cookies.  A big thank you to the Coast Guard for all they do.

Great quote.

Looking forward to seeing today's recipe, I like to use my air fryer and need more recipes.

Not sure about today's drink, but I'm sure I'll like the wine.

Prayers for everyone.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.  Stay safe.

• Like 25

Thank you for the Daily Fleet Report.  Overcast and muggy here.  We were expecting rain last night but we didn't get any.  We had a very light shower this morning while I was taking the garbage  to the end of the driveway.  By the time I got back inside the rain had stopped.  

Edited by 4966and556
  • Like 27

Thank you Rich for the last report before we celebrate Friday.  A special salute to the Coast Guard and all the world's Coast Guards.  I enjoy Chocolate Chip cookies but still prefer oatmeal raisin.  I'll salute Chinese Valentines Day.  Wishing a great daughter's day to my Niece's and Nephew's daughters.  Interesting point of view from Ulrich.  2 straight days of Japanese ports I have not visited.  The steak sounds nice but I don't have an air fryer.  My alternative is  Classic Caesar Salad, Oven Roasted Chicken, and Baked Alaska, my final dinner on MS Westerdam August 4, 2018:

dishes04.jpg

Today’s care list:

smitty’s entire family with Covid but mostly improving
Crabbi Patti’s father and now son with Covid
JazzyV knee pain and
The locks at Ijmuiden(Rotterdam diverted to at least 8/14)
From the rotation:
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Amy adjusting to widowhood and children
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1), msmayor (5/20) and JAM37 (7/7)
Strength and healing for Kazu

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome aboard RedneckBob
Good birthday celebration for lazey1
Shadow/Little in Kazu’s care and making progress
Crabbi Patti on camp nurse duty to 8/8
Volendam caring for refugees
Noordan helping NCL Encore passengers in Skagway
Marshhawk good dermatology report
Live4cruises in NC Hills to 8/11
Aliaschief touring Hebrides to 8/14
Cruzin Terri treatment coming after drive from hell
Marshhawk successful visit to new dermatologist
3 days for AMRDS (Nieuw Amsterdam 8/7 to 8/14)
3 days for Mister67 (Equinox 8/7 to 8/13)
Cat in My Lap (Zaandam to 8/13), Mtn2sea and kplady (Nieuw Statendam  to 8/27), and Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 29
  • Thanks 14

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

I'm not sure about the quote.

Chocolate chip cookies are great, especially the ones my DW makes.

Thanks to all who serve or have served in the United States Coast Guard.

I'll take my steak grilled or broiled and medium well.

I've never visited Japan except for a short stop on the way to Vietnam.

Thanks for The Daily, stay well and have a great day.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, everyone.  

We have had a breakthrough.   HAL has recognized they are looking for a suitcase, not a pair of red glasses.  One small step in the right direction.  It is going to be another hot one today in northeast Ohio with the threat of thunderstorms.   We'll see what actually happens.  Donna is isolated at home and will probably get Paxlovid today or tomorrow.  Sue and I are still testing negative.  

Many of us use our air fryers regularly.  My oven has an air fryer feature that I really like.  It saves having another appliance take up counter space.  I love doing vegetables with the air fryer feature, but I never considered doing steak.  Here's the skinny on air fryers:  https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/what-is-an-air-fryer/

New to air frying?   https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/air-fryer-cooking-tips/

What to avoid when using your air fryer:   https://www.rd.com/list/air-fryer-mistakes/

Now, on to the steak!  This first recipe has a list of tips on how to do justice to the steak in the air fryer.  Don't have an air fryer?   Just use the recipe and cook the steak under the broiler or on the grill.  https://www.skinnytaste.com/air-fryer-steak/

1179803866_Airfryersteak1.thumb.jpg.77c445d11b718bfd53efae0b37f8f6db.jpg

Here's another one with garlic herb butter.  Mmmm.  https://www.myforkinglife.com/perfect-air-fryer-steak-with-garlic-herb-butter/

678020742_airfryersteak2.thumb.jpg.fa84f4d3dcb25f4df5cbe7e4a4ca9dd5.jpg

Ree Drummond gives us an air fryer steak with a Tex-Mex slant.   For the butter just substitute parsley for the cilantro if you wish.   https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a38442272/air-fryer-steak-recipe/

1070186475_airfryersteak4.thumb.jpg.3cdff33d0a6b9ee3c1a1cf99a7df5b0f.jpg

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 13

@dfish  Thanks Debbie....I've been hearing so many good recipes for air fryers.....!!

I will get one when I get back from my Hawaii trip....but I need some advice about size and possible brand to use for one person....??

I'm saving your links....:)

• Like 24

Bourbon Milk Punch cocktail:

Ingredients
3 parts Whole Milk
2 parts Half and Half
1 1/2 parts Jim Beam® Original
1 part sifted Sugar, Powdered Vanilla Extract
Fresh Grated Nutmeg
(optional garnish)
Cinnamon Stick

Instructions
In a pitcher, whisk together milk, half-and-half, bourbon, sugar and vanilla. Freeze until slushy and ready to serve. Stir before serving it in a chilled glass, finished with a few gratings of fresh nutmeg.

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 7.31.21 AM.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6

24 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you Rich for the last report before we celebrate Friday.  A special salute to the Coast Guard and all the world's Coast Guards.  I enjoy Chocolate Chip cookies but still prefer oatmeal raisin.  I'll salute Chinese Valentines Day.  Wishing a great daughter's day to my Niece's and Nephew's daughters.  Interesting point of view from Ulrich.  2 straight days of Japanese ports I have not visited.  The steak sounds nice but I don't have an air fryer.  My alternative is  Classic Caesar Salad, Oven Roasted Chicken, and Baked Alaska, my final dinner on MS Westerdam August 4, 2018:

dishes04.jpg

Today’s care list:

smitty’s entire family with Covid but mostly improving
Crabbi Patti’s father and now son with Covid
JazzyV knee pain and
The locks at Ijmuiden(Rotterdam diverted to at least 8/14)
From the rotation:
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Amy adjusting to widowhood and children
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1), msmayor (5/20) and JAM37 (7/7)
Strength and healing for Kazu

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome aboard RedneckBob
Good birthday celebration for lazey1
Shadow/Little in Kazu’s care and making progress
Crabbi Patti on camp nurse duty to 8/8
Volendam caring for refugees
Noordan helping NCL Encore passengers in Skagway
Marshhawk good dermatology report
Live4cruises in NC Hills to 8/11
Aliaschief touring Hebrides to 8/14
Cruzin Terri treatment coming after drive from hell
Marshhawk successful visit to new dermatologist
3 days for AMRDS (Nieuw Amsterdam 8/7 to 8/14)
3 days for Mister67 (Equinox 8/7 to 8/13)
Cat in My Lap (Zaandam to 8/13), Mtn2sea and kplady (Nieuw Statendam  to 8/27), and Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for keeping the lists updated Roy.

Graham.

• Like 18

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and thank you Debbie for today's recipes. And thank you all for being here! 

Happy Coast Guard Day! Here is a light-hearted photo of myself (wearing my Buddy Holly-style  glasses) and some classmates behind just after our graduation from Engineman "A" School. This also marked the end of my first time living in Virginia. Hard to believe that 52 years ago I was about 80 pounds lighter! I still have my complete sea bag - although I think the socks are the only items that still fit! In my opinion, that was the best uniform the Coast Guard ever had.

Semper Paratus! (Always Ready!)

- Jack

2079071004_PICT00082.thumb.JPG.fe5eff547fafacccf7c39cfed8dea2de.JPG

• Like 42
  • Thanks 2

We had a great day of touring Harris and Lewis yesterday. We had no internet service so a day of catching up. 

Beautiful landscapes and seashores. Harris is very rocky but we were treated to seeing large Atlantic Gray Seals and even a Golden Eagle.Saint Clements church which was a main church for Macleod clan. Toured and old Iron House which was a reminder of how rough it must have been to survive in those days.

The beauty of Scotland never ceases.

Presently in Stornoway awaiting our three hour ferry ride back to the mainland.

Feeling very Blessed to have experienced this beautiful country and adventure.

image.thumb.jpeg.9880fad0b756c030eebb8b7a04e57c16.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a24efa0c9f93268f9dee18aab5b952d0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.eeaf2f32102783d2b29d23c2b2804238.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6ef5ffcae05a515305fd8763ea23ec37.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.24a66a74cb70541f3f73be36d74f2740.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.40e06f58727627b08a1bc85b17d1ee33.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.cb009e225b6fbbb326470835934bea74.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6e8d2df6f823fb9be2aa9013e003f0c8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.54a75ee4d9c1d398e2f0425910dd8ba7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f4b63e9a5f9eb93365016d56f81fa3ab.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.246877d1c4c90e44a2f1071134c6ae36.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.046074b58cf4032b14759f6e55a32e63.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fd688e05ff28d6c758577b6f4095a1f5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.dc18637a277fdc880ebdcf7dd6d19642.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.105bc7400b900a86b5b3bff4d8486535.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.70cde304c5bc5eec8488fe499261e6ad.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 11

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! Another glorious morning here!

No storms last night, but someone captured one of the lightning bolts from Tuesday night’s storm.  Glad I wasn’t there!

E7C30889-856E-4D08-9404-30A678EA5151.jpeg.abd76fe3872d6463bc8d5a8182fa3a86.jpeg

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyites! Heading out to get some yardwork done before it gets too hot. Then more stuff to get ready for the trip. I do not have a tub @ger_77, but Gerry, I have three baskets of travel “stuff”.  Need to go through them and start seeing what needs refilling or replacing. And perhaps getting Bindi’s bag ready. 

Today’s meme is a bit more subtle…

E55010B5-56E3-482E-A9CA-32D5572755A9.jpeg.6fb89baa9dec0e7290f9ba43b9d3512e.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

I will have to post the wine du jour in a separate post. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 24
  • Haha 8

Good morning friends!  Last evening we had lots of thunder and lightning and heavy downpours.  Twice the DVR and internet for my laptop went poof momentarily and then you have to wait for all to reboot.  This morning I will head over to my hair salon for my regular appointment then pack for the 10 day road trip to Ohio and Michigan, leaving early Friday morning.  I won't be here on the Daily in the morning but will check in later in the day.  Speaking of Michigan, last night the Detroit channel 7 news/sports had a report on the Michigan Tigers winning the championship and showed video of the final goal of the game along with the final penalty kick when everyone flooded onto the field to celebrate.  DS recorded it for us to see when we arrive at their house but also sent a video to me via WhatsApp.  Very nice of channel 7!

Thanks Rich @richwmnfor posting our Daily and Fleet Report.  Love, love chocolate chip cookies.  A huge salute to the U.S. Coast Guard for all their hard and dangerous at times work.  How many times have we seen them airlifting someone off a ship to get medical care?  I know several times for me.  A happy Chinese Valentine's Day/Daughters Day to all celebrating that.  The air fryer steak sounds good, but I'll pass on the drink and red wine.  Thank you @dfish, @cat shepardand @summer slopefor the food and beverage information.   Today's Japanese port of Otaru is another I haven't been to.  We saw it listed here June 21, 2021.  Hopeful for photos!  I suppose there is a lot of truth to the quote.  

Thanks Roy @rafinmdfor our Care and Celebration lists.  Prayers for everyone on our Care list.  A big hooray for the Celebration people.  Thanks Bruce @aliaschieffor more beautiful photos of Scotland.  Lots to do before I leave the house so better run.  See you all later.

• Like 29

49 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone.  

We have had a breakthrough.   HAL has recognized they are looking for a suitcase, not a pair of red glasses.  One small step in the right direction.  It is going to be another hot one today in northeast Ohio with the threat of thunderstorms.   We'll see what actually happens.  Donna is isolated at home and will probably get Paxlovid today or tomorrow.  Sue and I are still testing negative.  

Many of us use our air fryers regularly.  My oven has an air fryer feature that I really like.  It saves having another appliance take up counter space.  I love doing vegetables with the air fryer feature, but I never considered doing steak.  Here's the skinny on air fryers:  https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/what-is-an-air-fryer/

New to air frying?   https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/air-fryer-cooking-tips/

What to avoid when using your air fryer:   https://www.rd.com/list/air-fryer-mistakes/

Now, on to the steak!  This first recipe has a list of tips on how to do justice to the steak in the air fryer.  Don't have an air fryer?   Just use the recipe and cook the steak under the broiler or on the grill.  https://www.skinnytaste.com/air-fryer-steak/

1179803866_Airfryersteak1.thumb.jpg.77c445d11b718bfd53efae0b37f8f6db.jpg

Here's another one with garlic herb butter.  Mmmm.  https://www.myforkinglife.com/perfect-air-fryer-steak-with-garlic-herb-butter/

678020742_airfryersteak2.thumb.jpg.fa84f4d3dcb25f4df5cbe7e4a4ca9dd5.jpg

Ree Drummond gives us an air fryer steak with a Tex-Mex slant.   For the butter just substitute parsley for the cilantro if you wish.   https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a38442272/air-fryer-steak-recipe/

1070186475_airfryersteak4.thumb.jpg.3cdff33d0a6b9ee3c1a1cf99a7df5b0f.jpg

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

Yeah, these links will save me so much time using my new air fryer. I have used it almost every night since I got it on July 23 but always searched google for tips and times of whatever I was going to make. Tomorrow I will make pizza (in the regular oven) but can already see it coming out nice and crispy when reheated in the air fryer on Saturday or Sunday. Thank you! 

stay safe all. We are scheduled for more rain today but currently no storms on the horizon. 

• Like 28

Thank you for the Daily Reports.   We are heading to town soon and I have a lot of potted plants to water before.   A small problem last night. I rinse my hummingbird feeder in my very large rain barrels each time I fill them, lately 4 times a day. Usually it has an air bubble to float. Last night it sunk all the way to the bottom of 4' of water.  I took down one of the ones a male hummer "owns" and put that into service for the multitudes.  I am probably the only one feeding on the lake this year.  Raspberries are ripening and I picked a nice bunch for shortcake last night. Have a great day!

IMG_20220803_143657300.jpg

• Like 33

A very early good morning from central Texas.  This will be a quick post before I start cleaning the house and giving the motorhome a quick once-over since it's our guest bedroom,   it was thoroughly cleaned when we got back from Arizona, but I also need to straighten up somethings we've just dimped in there. 

I"ll celebrate Chinese Valentine's/Daughters day since I celebrate my DDs everyday.  We enjoy chocolate chip cookies 🍪,  but it's too hot here to bake anything.  A salute to the Coast Gaurds of the world and the amazing job they do.

An interesting quote today.  It made me thing of the old saying that a lady only has her name in the newspaper two times -- when she marries and when she dies.

I will check out the recipes.  We're looking for a good way to cook steaks inside.  It's too hot to cook them outside on the infrared grill in our very hot weather.  We'll pass on the drink, but might like the wine.

When I looked at Google maps, I realized that we've been to Otaru in 2000 on the old Regal Princess.  It was our port for Sapporo.  Unfortunately, that was before I had a digital camera.  DH might have some digital pictures on his computer.

@cat shepard  Ann, I understood the meme, but still need a little more info about the wine before deciding whether or not to give it a try. 🤣 😉

@dfish  Debbie, a step in the right direction that HAL is now looking for a suitcase.  Good that you and Sue are still testing negative, and I hope Donna is better soon.

@Heartgrove  Liked the picture.

@aliaschief  Thanks for more pictures from Scotland.  Hope the seas are smooth for your ferry ride.

@Rowsby Sue, even though they are bigger, I recommend an air fryer with racks not a basket even for one person.  They make it easier to cook several different things at one time.  Last night, I cooked salmon, aspargus and sweet potato fries at the same time.  I won't mention my brand and model since they no longer sell that one I have, but there are many very similar ones.  It took me awhle to find the one I wanted and for the way I cook.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, how nice that channel 7 recognized the Tiger's win.

Lenda

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

Sorry for the split post, but I got distracted & submitted my first reply before getting the wine du jour info & and I would not have been able to get it in time before the editing option timed out. 

Today’s wine Montes 2018 Alpha M Red (Apalta) Chile has superb - excellent reviews from consumers and critics. Definitely a bold wine.  I would love a taste. It is a bit pricey. Available from a number of online distributors with prices starting at $89.90.

Winemaker Notes

The nose is perfumed and complex with outstanding aromas of ripe red and black fruits over subtle notes of crème de cassis, tobacco, and leather. Spice aromas of red and black pepper mingle with cinnamon and dark chocolate notes. In palate is smooth but structured, with silky tannins.

Blend: 80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Cabernet Franc, 5% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot

Ideal pairings include red meat, lamb, or cheeses.

JS96 James Suckling

Black fruit, dried herbs, spices and earthy undertones. Hints of bark and cedar, too. Full body with firm tannins that are fleshy in texture and provide excellent structure. Layered with a fruity core. Savory and succulent finish. This needs time to come together and mellow a bit, but very serious.

D96 Decanter

With the 1996 vintage of Montes Alpha M, Aurelio Montes jolted the high-end Chilean wine scene into life. 2018 was another superb year for this Cabernet Sauvignon, which is topped off with Cabernet Franc, Merlot and Petit Verdot to achieve a sophisticated expression of blackberry, cherry, blackcurrant, graphite and oak alongside good structure, fine, juicy tannins and a finish of blackcurrant jam.

WS95 Wine Spectator

Refined and powerful, with juicy richness to the raspberry tart, red plum and red currant flavors that are backed by vibrant acidity and tannins. The creamy finish is fine-textured, lingering with mineral and spice.

WE93 Wine Enthusiast

Can't miss Chilean aromas of herbal black fruits and juniper are backed by cedary oak, a hint of eucalyptus, tobacco and earthy warmth. Dry tannins dominate a gravelly palate that needs more time to soften. Flavors of charred oak, chocolate and herbal berry fruits see dryness prevail on a long and potent finish. Drink 2023–2035.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6

Good Thursday  Morning Dailyites!

I heard your thunder last night @StLouisCruisers, we had clouds but no weather other than HUMID!  I would have really loved your storms.

No plans for today, other than work.   It's an 8 hour day, not my usual 3-6.  Thursday being the one day totally dedicated to work.  I have no idea where the government gets the numbers regarding the unemployed, but I have to admit that I am hearing it a lot.  If I talk to 8 people, at least two of them are currently not working and looking  for work.  Add Covid, our current economy and shake well, and it is hard to sell anything or raise funds for the arts.  But then again I'm currently calling folks in KY, and trust me, times are hard there.

the pharmacy just called, my prescription is ready.  i guess i have somewhere to go today.  might end up being a 6 hour day after all.🙂  see how life can change in a moment?

I love the quote.  If you don't rock the boat, then how can you make waves?

85d10688a1ffbb39aecb28424dc89736.jpg

• Like 27

Hi y'all, RedneckBob hear.  Thanks Richwmn for the Fleet Report. That must take a lot of work. And Thanks everyone welcoming me to this thread yesterday; first time hear! This thread has loads of information on all types of things but I only plan to post things on cruising; try to tell a cruise story each week. If I tried to do this daily, I would have to cruise every other week so I could gather new material. Well, hear is Story #1:

"It Must be a Mis-Steak"

Me & the Misses completed a 14 day Alaska Cruise on the Eurodam in June 2022. It was great. We dined at the Special Restaurants 8 of the 14 days. About 10 days into our cruise we dined at the Pinnacle Grille. Arriving at the PG punctually at 5 PM, the lovely Abigail, Pinnacle Manager, escorted us to our table, a beautiful table next to one of those huge picture windows. It was great viewing of all those whales jumping out of the water while we ate. (Right!) Well, we ordered our meal and after we completed our appetizers, the Misses said to me, "RNB, look behind you". I looked and there were two couples, one guy looked like the actor, The Rock. He was huge. He sat right behind me. Then in a minute he proceeded to order his meal; Lobster Bisque, Shrimp Cocktail, Caesar Salad, 36 oz Tomahawk Steak, Lobster Tail on top of steak, baked potato, mushrooms and no dessert.

That must have been the "Mis-Steak", no dessert 😲. The other guy ordered the Tomahawk steak too and was half the size of The Rock.

So me and the Misses received our entrees, filet and salmon. I told her we better close the curtains; I was afraid one of those whales would try to break the window and get our meal 😀. We completed our meal, no dessert please. We got up, and I walked by the two couples behind us. I looked down at the table, planning not to stare, but both guys had completed the 36 oz steak plus lobster tail. I told them gratulations for finishing the steak. Then I proceeded to tell them the following, " About 10 minutes ago I heard this loud noise behind me from your table and asked the Misses what was that noise for which he replied, That the waiter was delivering your entrees with a folklift 😀!  Well, once again, that was no Mis-Steak!

Now as Paul Harvey would say after telling a story, wait for the rest of the story. I ran into The Rock a couple days later. He was an ex NFL lineman. I asked if he ordered dessert. He replied, "Yes, Baked Alaska".

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Chocolate chip cookies are welcome any day, especially if they are fresh out of the oven.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good.  It’s going to be a hot day, we are under a heat advisory.  Yesterday work started out quietly but took a turn and I “stayed” late.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.fd3e9ef04a87735b48f7849bc19009c8.png

• Like 26
  • Haha 2

Good hot and humid morning. Accounting to the weather app, it already is 80 and feels like 90. This afternoon it will feel like 104.

Cape May NJ is home to the only Coast Guard boot camp in the country. There is major community involvement between the base and the local town. At the holidays families host recruits for the day and at the government shut down established a food pantry.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.❤️🙏

• Like 24