The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday August 20th, 2022

richwmn

Today is National Honey Bee Awareness Day, National Radio Day, and World Mosquito Day

It's far better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone.--Marilyn Monroe

Meal Suggestion for today - cold soba noodles with miso and smoked tofu
Drink of the Day - Peach On The Beach
Wine of the Day - Count Karolyi 2019 Grüner Veltliner (Pannon) Hung
Destination of the Day - Nassau, Bahamas

Eurodam

Seattle, Washington 07:00 - 16:00

Koningsdam

Vancouver, BC Canada 07:00 - 16:30

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Whittier, Alaska eta 08/21

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination St Anthony NL, Newfoundland-Labrador Canada eta 08/21

Noordam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 08/21

Oosterdam

Trieste, Italy 08:00 -

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Rotterdam, Netherlands eta 08/21

Westerdam

Victoria BC, Vancouver Island, BC Canada 18:00 - 23:59

Zaandam

Montreal, Quebec Canada 07:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

Skagway, Alaska 07:00 - 21:00

Volendam

Rotterdam Waalhaven Ukraine Relief

0820World.thumb.png.66f320d3d29ddba2fbfd10b6341c69d4.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 11

Good late morning from a sunny 20°C here.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich.

Honey bees are very important and why we have yellow rods flowers in my late parents memory garden as they love them.

I detest mosquitoes.

A very good quote.

Not sure about today's food and drink.

We have been to Nassau during a Bahamas cruise on Enchantment of the seas.

Prayers for everyone who is unwell.

On Monday 22nd it will be our 41st wedding anniversary.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 28

Thank you for the Saturday report, Rich.  Honey Bees are both vital and endangered.  Radio still plays a vital day in our lives; I hope Mosquito day is for control and not for celebration.  Nassau is a  very popular port and was actually my very first port on a conventional cruise ship (Carnival Fantasy, 1993) but I don't think HAL goes there very often.  I find the Marilyn Monroe quote quite sad.  I think I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is  Oven Roasted Rack of Lamb as served on MS Veendam August 20, 2013.

Today’s care list:

RIP Cruisin Terri’s neighbor
Tana with persistent problems although somewhat better
Fluff healing from surgery Atrex6 Father severely declining
ger_77 and  DH with covid fatigue
The locks at Ijmuiden(Rotterdam diverted to at least 9/11)
From the rotation:
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1), msmayor (5/20) and JAM37 (7/7)
Heartgrove’s Sam severely declining
Heartgrove brother discharged but in hospice care
Strength and healing (physical and emotional) for Kazu

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Safety and a new loving home for Shadow
Volendam caring for refugees
ger_77's prescious “almost daughter”
New fur baby for Crazy for cats sister
Norseh20 helping DM find assisted living
Welcome home SharoninAZ
New booking for Vict0riann 9/11
Tana starting t feel herself
Welcome Copper10_8 to Montreal.
Mtn2sea and kplady (Nieuw Statendam  to 8/27), Aliaschief (Rotterdam to 8/28),   Av8rix (Zuiderdam  to 8/31) and Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 25
  • Thanks 13

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We have been to Nassau during a Bahamas cruise on Enchantment of the seas.

One ship we have both sailed as Enchantment is currently home ported in Baltimore.  Where did you board Enchantment?

Roy

• Like 12

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today’s meal suggestion might be ok if I substitute chicken for the tofu, I’ll wait for @dfish recipes and pictures to decide.  Yesterday, in between meetings, I defrosted the upright freezer and got things reorganized.  No plans other than going to the grocery store.  
I hope everyone has a good weekend.

image.png.ca35f2fa835e019dce9fa67792f26f2e.png

• Like 29

Thanks for the Fleet update and other things.

Wow, it’s not National but World Mosquito Day. Here where I live in wetlands in Florida, we label our mosquitos 747’s!
If you get bit and the mosquitos sucks out your blood, it doesn’t stops until it gets one pint! I think it works for the local blood bank.

As far as the quote, I rather not be happy alone but with someone else. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.  Thanks for the Fleet and Daily Report.

It's going to be a nice summer day here, high of 28C and sunny.  I'm going to do laundry and hang it outside to dry.🙂

I heard that it was Honey Bee Awareness Day on the radio this morning.  I've got lots of mosquito bites already, hope I don't get anymore today.

The quote is sad, and true.

I'll pass on the meal suggestion but I'm sure I'll like the wine.  I'll probably like the drink too.

I've never been to Nassau.

Prayers for everyone.  I hope there are lots of celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 25

Peach on the Beach cocktail:

Ingredients
3/4 parts Cruzan® Peach Rum
1 1/4 Cruzan® Aged Light Rum
1/2 parts fresh Lime Juice
8 leaves Mint, Fresh
1/2 Pineapple Ring
Garnish with Mint Sprig

Instructions
Add all ingredients to a blender with two ice cubes and blend for 20 seconds. Let it settle for another 20, then pour into a chilled coupe glass. Garnish with a lightly slapped mint sprig.

Screen Shot 2022-08-20 at 7.30.47 AM.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 9

Today is a sea day and we are currently sailing in the North Sea amongst several oil platforms. With 2,600 guest on board many families with children it does feel crowded in places.

Attended Mariners Medal ceremony where I introduced myself to Cruise Critic regulars Gail & Marty. There were several President Club folks onboard who had more then a thousand days of cruising on Hal.

Music Walk venues are very crowded which I contribute to poor utilization of the World Stage. There has been no guest entertainers and we really miss that. How many times must we watch the dance team members or watch the snakes chasing lizards in Planet Earth?

Dear SIL Barb leaves us tomorrow to fly home and we’ll have another week of seeing Best Of Norway. We will miss her. 

Tonight we dine in the Tamarind. We enjoyed breakfast in Club Orange.

Just a couple of pics today as we didn’t take many due to rain around Bergen.

Thanks for the Fleet Report and all who contribute.

image.thumb.jpeg.118fe9c5ddc0ea29b38c6c663c25c221.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0e39fdfb980bd05f01bc494e46cfc6e4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e8378c8d2be643642c85d0dd5360f2aa.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d203450a67e17301adac62aa486724f1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8bf89ff974d75631cbcef78411ddcb58.jpeg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 9

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! More rain yesterday for most of the evening and early night. This morning there is a huge marine layer, so not sure what today will be like. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyites! Zumba for me this morning. Then I head to my “traveling Sister’s” for some final prep for our trip. 

Bindi and I both have this syndrome….

2D00C186-F1DA-465A-B3B0-44DD34722C25.jpeg.30c720688cab17d4f4650f75467a98d7.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support.  Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Count Karolyi 2019 Grüner Veltliner (Pannon) Hungary

The world has righted itself! This white wine is easy to find. Very good ratings from consumers and critics alike. And prices that make it an easy one to try. I do not believe I have ever tried this wine. But with prices starting at $10.48, I am putting it on my list.  @erewhon please thank your DH for trying to find yesterday’s wine. It shall remain a mystery. 

88 Wine Enthusiast

This Hungarian Grüner Veltliner offers aromas of lemon rind, apricot and fresh peach. It has balanced acidity on the palate, with flavors of peach and lemon pith. The finish is pleasantly bright.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 5

Good morning, everyone.

It is supposed to get quite warm here in northeast Ohio today.  That brings chances of rain and thunder bumpers into the picture.  I have a bunch of open paint containers in the garage.  I'm trying to dry out the left over paint so I can toss the containers.  Yesterday I added kitty litter to the cans.  That helps a lot.  Several of the cans look almost ready to close up and toss.  I may have to go get more kitty litter to finish the  job.  You can also use sawdust.  I'm not sure which one works better.  

Today I am prepping the kitchen and dining room to be painted.  Once they are done I'll move onto the living room.  My realtor said I didn't need to paint, but it would help.  

Today's meal sounds interesting.  I agree with @Crazy For Cats Jake and would prefer chicken to tofu.  The noodles do make it a bit too high in carbs for me, but I could put fewer noodles in and more vegetables.   

Soba is a thin Japanese noodle made from buckwheat. The noodles are served either chilled with a dipping sauce, or hot in a noodle soup. The variety Nagano soba includes wheat flour.

In Japan, soba noodles can be found in a variety of settings, from "fast food" places to expensive specialty restaurants. Markets sell dried noodles and men-tsuyu, or instant noodle broth, to make home preparation easy. There are a wide variety of dishes, both hot for winter and cold for summer, using these noodles.

Being made of buckwheat, the protein in soba has a good amino acid balance for the needs of humans and may be useful in complementing the amino acid deficiencies of other staples such as rice and wheat (see protein combining). 

119128111_sobanoodles4.jpg.6f63538f82716488b9b4a92d06a7b7fe.jpg

Miso is a key ingredient in Japanese cooking and forms the base of the staple dish, miso soup. The paste, similar in texture to peanut butter, is typically a cultured mixture of soybeans, a grain (like rice or barley), salt, and koji (a mold). Depending on the variety, miso can be smooth or chunky and is fermented anywhere from a few weeks to several years.

Here is our first recipe for the cold soba noodles and smoked tofu. It looks a little bare and maybe could use more vegetables.     https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/cold-soba-noodles-with-miso-and-smoked-tofu-56389798

1656113001_sobanoodles1.jpg.d50b1a95d5eadf4878dcbd3586756bda.jpg

This next recipe looks like it is full of good vegetables.  And, yes, Jake, chicken would work here.  https://cuisinedeli.com/2018/11/27/soba-noodle-salad-with-miso-smoked-tofu-winter-vegetables/

115318754_sobanoodles2.thumb.jpg.8ffbe54fe600bb096ccffd47623c5507.jpg

This last one is for a cold noodle salad with vegetables.  Feel free to add your favorites to the mix.  http://www.veganheartbeats.com/cold-soba-noodle-salad-miso-glazed-tofu/

1697081822_sobanoodles3.jpg.2fb8fdf619f61decd3f413c30986b21c.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day.  I'm on to painting.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 11

Good morning friends!  Boy, it's foggy out today and 100% humidity.  We want to get groceries this morning so might be leaving at any moment.  Thanks Rich @richwmnfor the Daily and Fleet Report.  What days we have!  Honeybees are important for fertilizing of plants but I remember as a child running barefoot through the yard and being stung by the honeybees on the clover.  I don't know why I didn't learn to put on shoes!  Radios have been around a long time and are very useful.  Mosquitos are not a cause for celebration in my mind.  Not sure why we have a World Mosquito Day actually.  No thanks to the menu suggestion!  Yesterday DH asked me if I wanted potatoes or rice as a side at dinner and of course I insisted on potatoes since we just celebrated potato day yesterday.  

As for the quote, technically it may be true that you'd rather be unhappy without someone, but I find Marilyn Monroe's quotes sad in a way.  

Nassau, Bahamas was our port of the day Oct. 14, 2021 and here is Rich's post in case you need to retrieve photos.  Page 33 on his activit

Thanks Roy @rafinmdfor the lists today.  Prayers for all on the list, and for our friends abroad including Ukraine.  A shoutout to all on the Celebration list.  Enjoy all the fun and good health!

Debbie @dfishthanks for the recipes today.  I wonder if anyone will try one of them and report back.  Good luck with the painting at home.  Do you have any help or are you doing all this by yourself?

Yesterday we made final payment for a HAL cruise in November.  It was nearly free due to a couple of large FCC's.  However a small balance needed to be paid, and of course we spent some $$ on insurance out of pocket.  Hoping and praying for no Covid during that cruise!  

And now photos of Nassau from last October.

We went to Nassau twice on Disney Dream cruises with our son and family.  Excellent cruises and ship by the way.  The first time we walked around downtown while son's group played in the pools, hot tub and waterslide.  The second visit we took a boat ride to a private swim beach called Blue Lagoon.  DDIL set it up so I can't recall whether she did that through Disney or Blue Lagoon itself.  Everyone had a great time even if some of us stretched out on loungers in the shade.  😎

Here's your horse and buggy @grapau27  You mentioned you and Pauline went for a ride in one on your visit to Nassau.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJrdLl43Vx9yz-avs2dCVpU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1363286486

Beach at Blue Lagoon, Nassau, April 201500-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKcDrNtsRCRLzMsAuLXORCD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017744

kiddie play area00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKqBrgZqH0oGosJAf-0aktw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017744

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKvMj0ncQUb5uc0O7aJGD0z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017752

They also have a dolphin pool for your entertainment00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI2aCZ1PjKfJ6heW0cAt65b?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017791

they like to play ball00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL33T0_vuEWTCGchPVbyZKM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017801

Me trying to avoid too much sun00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVItlqgqIxEey_gVoB-jpK6K?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017731

My handsome son and DH00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIA2szvWUva51XgjOwkYSlx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017712

Another catamaran bringing guests into Blue Lagoon.  You can see how secluded the lagoon is.  So if you want to make your Nassau stay a beach day I recommend Blue Lagoon.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKQFKAieqoohB0tg10kM8v-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017702

I guess I should have included a photo of the other 3 family members.  Here's one of DS and DDIL with the boys at breakfast on the Disney Dream.  Six years later those two kids are high schoolers! Amazing how fast they grow up.😪  Ren is the little one in white.  He was already playing soccer at age 6, because he started in kindergarten.  Other grandson doesn't care for soccer and is more interested in math, science and statistics.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLAwOoYbm1ySHR62PGguMyC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1452727915

Have a nice day everyone.  I'm hoping for some sunshine later today but always on the lookout for afternoon thundershowers.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 6

Good morning to all.

Thank you to both Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report.

The days are interesting.  Honey Bees are important.  I am probably one of the old fogies that still listen to the Radio  and I can do without mosquitos.  If the day is for control of the pests, then I am all for that.

The quote is a sad one.

I will skip the meal, but the drink and wine seem good.

I have been to Nassau, but it was back in 1983 when I was recovering from knee surgery.  It was before digital photography so I do not have any photos to share.  Never stopped there on a cruise.

I am doing better recovering from my fourth Covid shot, but still do not feel wonderful.  Had a fitful night.  Everything was hurting.  I dread to think that there is going to be another vaccine to target the Omicron variant and I have to go through this again. Anyway, it is a small price to pay to stay healthy.

Today we will go to the Memorial Service for my neighbor. 

Prayers for everyone on the cares list and cheers to those celebrating.  

Have a good day and

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 25

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Saturday report, Rich.  Honey Bees are both vital and endangered.  Radio still plays a vital day in our lives; I hope Mosquito day is for control and not for celebration.  Nassau is a  very popular port and was actually my very first port on a conventional cruise ship (Carnival Fantasy, 1993) but I don't think HAL goes there very often.  I find the Marilyn Monroe quote quite sad.  I think I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is  Oven Roasted Rack of Lamb as served on MS Veendam August 20, 2013.

Today’s care list:

RIP Cruisin Terri’s neighbor
Tana with persistent problems although somewhat better
Fluff healing from surgery Atrex6 Father severely declining
ger_77 and  DH with covid fatigue
The locks at Ijmuiden(Rotterdam diverted to at least 9/11)
From the rotation:
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1), msmayor (5/20) and JAM37 (7/7)
Heartgrove’s Sam severely declining
Heartgrove brother discharged but in hospice care
Strength and healing (physical and emotional) for Kazu

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Safety and a new loving home for Shadow
Volendam caring for refugees
ger_77's prescious “almost daughter”
New fur baby for Crazy for cats sister
Norseh20 helping DM find assisted living
Welcome home SharoninAZ
New booking for Vict0riann 9/11
Tana starting t feel herself
Welcome Copper10_8 to Montreal.
Mtn2sea and kplady (Nieuw Statendam  to 8/27), Aliaschief (Rotterdam to 8/28),   Av8rix (Zuiderdam  to 8/31) and Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for always keeping the various lists updated Roy.

Graham 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

One ship we have both sailed as Enchantment is currently home ported in Baltimore.  Where did you board Enchantment?

Roy

Port Canaveral.

Paulines best friend was staying in Orlando for 4 weeks so they picked us up after our cruise and we spent the day with them before they waved us off at security at Orlando International airport.

Graham.

001.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1

I would be fine with the meal suggestion, especially if the soba noodles are 100% buckwheat. Most soba noodles that you can buy are imported, but 95% of all commercial buckwheat in the U.S. is packed in my region, by a company that has been in business since 1795. Buckwheat is a traditional New York crop, having been introduced by Dutch settlers in the Hudson Valley.

Grüner Veltliner is a favorite of mine, from my student days in Vienna (we won't say exactly how long ago that was); it's the typical grape of the Austrian Weinviertel, although this one is from Hungary. The variety is grown in some of our local vineyards. Speaking of Austrian wines, I had an exchange of email a couple of years ago with the wine columnist of The New York Times, who had written about Blaufränkisch, the grape of Burgenland, but didn't know that a fair amount of it is grown in the Finger Lakes, albeit under its German name, Lemberger.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

We had another day of promised rain that didn't happen yesterday. We had a great day to go to town.  We saw Top Gun in the theater, finally got some farm stand corn, shopped and probably had our last fish fry in our little town where we have our PO box.  The drive home was pretty and it was great to have a day of almost unlimited wifi in our moving truck and a good signal in town.  

Thank you for the care and celebration lists and for the daily! This was one of the worst summers for mosquitoes in years.  So glad they are gone for the season for the most part.   We had honeybees up here one summer and it was the first time I got stung by a bee here in all my summers up here. Honeybees don't survive here in the -35 temps. The escaped swarm was a one time thing. They overwhelmed my hummingbird feeders. My garden is full of all sorts of Bumblebees I am amazed at the variety. When I return to civilization I will try to share some photos of my flowers and their pollinators.

I will pass on cold noodles, the drink would be good minus the mint, will pass on the Gruner v wine.  I have been to Nassau several times. I bought a watch I wear every day there for my 40th birthday. It has been a very durable watch. 

Prayers for everyone who is battling illness and hardship. 🙏 Photos from our drive home last night heading into the wilderness. Our road has been much improved by the timber company that owns the woods we drive through.  Have a great Saturday!

IMG_20220819_173516550_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220819_175703776_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220819_180015205.jpg

IMG_20220819_180752521.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Boy, it's foggy out today and 100% humidity.  We want to get groceries this morning so might be leaving at any moment.  Thanks Rich @richwmnfor the Daily and Fleet Report.  What days we have!  Honeybees are important for fertilizing of plants but I remember as a child running barefoot through the yard and being stung by the honeybees on the clover.  I don't know why I didn't learn to put on shoes!  Radios have been around a long time and are very useful.  Mosquitos are not a cause for celebration in my mind.  Not sure why we have a World Mosquito Day actually.  No thanks to the menu suggestion!  Yesterday DH asked me if I wanted potatoes or rice as a side at dinner and of course I insisted on potatoes since we just celebrated potato day yesterday.  

As for the quote, technically it may be true that you'd rather be unhappy without someone, but I find Marilyn Monroe's quotes sad in a way.  

Nassau, Bahamas was our port of the day Oct. 14, 2021 and here is Rich's post in case you need to retrieve photos.  Page 33 on his activit

Thanks Roy @rafinmdfor the lists today.  Prayers for all on the list, and for our friends abroad including Ukraine.  A shoutout to all on the Celebration list.  Enjoy all the fun and good health!

Debbie @dfishthanks for the recipes today.  I wonder if anyone will try one of them and report back.  Good luck with the painting at home.  Do you have any help or are you doing all this by yourself?

Yesterday we made final payment for a HAL cruise in November.  It was nearly free due to a couple of large FCC's.  However a small balance needed to be paid, and of course we spent some $$ on insurance out of pocket.  Hoping and praying for no Covid during that cruise!  

And now photos of Nassau from last October.

We went to Nassau twice on Disney Dream cruises with our son and family.  Excellent cruises and ship by the way.  The first time we walked around downtown while son's group played in the pools, hot tub and waterslide.  The second visit we took a boat ride to a private swim beach called Blue Lagoon.  DDIL set it up so I can't recall whether she did that through Disney or Blue Lagoon itself.  Everyone had a great time even if some of us stretched out on loungers in the shade.  😎

Here's your horse and buggy @grapau27  You mentioned you and Pauline went for a ride in one on your visit to Nassau.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJrdLl43Vx9yz-avs2dCVpU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1363286486

Beach at Blue Lagoon, Nassau, April 201500-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKcDrNtsRCRLzMsAuLXORCD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017744

kiddie play area00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKqBrgZqH0oGosJAf-0aktw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017744

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKvMj0ncQUb5uc0O7aJGD0z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017752

They also have a dolphin pool for your entertainment00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI2aCZ1PjKfJ6heW0cAt65b?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017791

they like to play ball00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL33T0_vuEWTCGchPVbyZKM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017801

Me trying to avoid too much sun00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVItlqgqIxEey_gVoB-jpK6K?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017731

My handsome son and DH00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIA2szvWUva51XgjOwkYSlx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017712

Another catamaran bringing guests into Blue Lagoon.  You can see how secluded the lagoon is.  So if you want to make your Nassau stay a beach day I recommend Blue Lagoon.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKQFKAieqoohB0tg10kM8v-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1429017702

I guess I should have included a photo of the other 3 family members.  Here's one of DS and DDIL with the boys at breakfast on the Disney Dream.  Six years later those two kids are high schoolers! Amazing how fast they grow up.😪  Ren is the little one in white.  He was already playing soccer at age 6, because he started in kindergarten.  Other grandson doesn't care for soccer and is more interested in math, science and statistics.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLAwOoYbm1ySHR62PGguMyC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1452727915

Have a nice day everyone.  I'm hoping for some sunshine later today but always on the lookout for afternoon thundershowers.

Fabulous photos of yourself, family and Nassau.

Thank you also Sandi for the horse and carriage photo.

It was like the carriage we got on in Nassau which took us on a short tour around the town.

When we were in Nassau there was a big market next to the terminal and a large indoor market about 700 metre's away.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  I watched the honeybees in our yellow flowers all yesterday afternoon, fascinating and busy little creatures.  I love listening to the radio but I don’t love mosquitoes.  The only thing I’ll be aware of is to drain all standing water.  On the fence with today’s meal suggestion but the drink sounds tasty.  I’ve been to today’s port once a few years ago I believe we went on a food tasting tour. Prayers for all on our prayer list.  Happy ___________ to all of you celebrating 🥳.

• Like 22

Good morning from central Texas.  It looks like it will be sunny, but with a slight chance of afternoon thunderstorms.  Our forecast is for rain beginning tomorrow afternoon and continuing through Friday, with Monday and Tuesday being the wettest.

Honey bees are important not only for their honey, but for pollinating plants.  We get bees when our Silverado sage blooms.  We still listen to the radio, and DH has several shortwave radios.  I suppose mosquitoes are necessary, but we try to avoid them.

Like most Marilyn Monroe quotes this one is sad.

We'll pass on the meal, drink and wine.

We have been to Nassau a few times, but all our visits were pre-digital.

@StLouisCruisers  Thank you, Sandi, for your pictures.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I'm glad you are beginning to feel better.

@aliaschief  Bruce, thank you for sharing your cruise with us, and I'm looking forward to another week of cruising.

Lenda

• Like 25

Happy Saturday Dailyites!

I do understand the quote.  If you are in a relationship that makes you unhappy, you are unhappy every day.  If you are unhappy alone, at least you have the hope of change.  I however believe that we can change our attitude.    I think she was always searching for someone to make her happy, as opposed to liking herself enough to be happy with herself.

HAL does not go to Nassau often, but Carnival does, and I've been many times.  We went to Blue Lagoon on a day when the temperatures dropped from the 80's down to the mid 60's, and it was NOT a beach day.  We went to Melia several times for a day at the hotel with beach pass, we've wandered around town to the Pirate Museum, a visit to the church across the street from the museum, and walked through the town in a torrential downpour in search of the Starbucks.  Our first time in Nassau was in 2008 when we did an excursion and snorkeled.  The last time we were there was December 2019 (our last cruise before Covid)and we went to the zoo.  Of all the things we have done there, the zoo wins hands down.

When I started reading today's daily I could say it was cloudy, but as @StLouisCruisers said, it got foggy!  Moisture to feed the clouds so we get more rain today.  Actually I looked at NOAA last night. and our forecast is rain every day until at least next Friday.

Off to make breakfast and get to work, and then finish reading the book for book club for Monday!  North of Havana by Randy Wayne White.  

I will ask DH if he can find some of the pictures from Nassau and the zoo.  He also has to work today, so it may take a while.

c8adf4514b509a88c8e92468e77347aa--good-morning-cat-morning-coffee.jpg

• Like 26

30 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Debbie @dfishthanks for the recipes today.  I wonder if anyone will try one of them and report back.

I will definitely try the second recipe,  it looks great.  Thanks Debbie for the wonderful recipes you provide every day.

I love soba noodles because they have more protein and fiber than traditional pasta.  They will not spike your blood sugar like a traditional pasta.  Do you like the flavor of buckwheat pancakes?  If so you would probably like these noodles made with buckwheat flour; I encourage everyone to give soba noodles a try.

Here is an easy recipe I make frequently. It is very similar to today’s meal suggestion.  Although it is served hot, the leftovers are great served cold the next day for lunch.EFB3A862-3F21-4756-BF5D-91C4BA24707F.jpeg.324dd438e536643948756de668507471.jpeg

https://www.thegreedybelly.com/miso-soba-noodles-recipe/

My favorite station in the Lido is Distant Lands Asia.  Next time you are cruising HAL, I encourage you to just request a “taste” of the dishes they serve.  You may find that you really like a dish you have never tried before.  

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Good morning all. While I truly appreciate bees since without them our garden would not produce its bounty, yesterday was a bad day for one of our DDs as she got stung just above the eye while bike riding when a bee got caught between her helmet and her sunglasses. Will see her later today and hope the swelling has gone down.

it has been so dry here in Windsor that we have had virtually no mosquitoes this year. While the no mosquitoes is good, the so dry is not. We have huge cracks in the lawn (we don’t water the grass preferring to use the water for the garden). Rain promised today and for the next three days but so far the forecasts have not been accurate. 

we will be celebrating DH’s birthday(actual on Monday) today so I actually hope it doesn’t rain, at least until after supper. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Prayers where needed and will hoist a glass in celebration later for those celebrating.

• Like 23