The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday August 26th, 2022

richwmn

2 hours ago, irishjim said:

Roy just to  let  you  know I had  surgery on my  temple right side

and also on  my cheek  below  my  right eye for 2  cancer  spots

on the  15th and  just had a phone call from  my  surgeon to give  me  the  results , everything  is clear  and  good to  go.

I will celebrate with with some wine tonight. YAY  for  the  great  news.

Jim.

Definitely a reason to celebrate, Jim!🥂

• Like 13

We have a dog park in our community and there are restrooms. Very talented artist painted pictures of everyone’s dogs all the way around. Here is a picture of our one dog who passed in 2004 and our grand puppy.We have a dog park in our community and there are restrooms. Very talented artist painted pictures of everyone’s dogs all the way around. Here is a picture of our one dog who passed in 2004 and our grand puppy. Aspen was ours. 

8ECF3D79-F617-41C6-8637-724EDD280021.jpeg

• Like 22

10 hours ago, richwmn said:
Roy posted earlier

I

'm going to try to get my car in early for service today so here's a preview of my TGIF lists.

Today’s care list:

Cruisin Terri hurting
Sandi’s neighbors David (RIP) and Linda in critical condition
HAL Sailer Sister in Law recovering from cancer surgery
Tana with persistent problems although somewhat better
Fluff healing from surgery
ger_77 with loss of taste
The locks at Ijmuiden(Rotterdam diverted to at least 9/11)
From the rotation:
Heartgrove brother discharged but in hospice care
Atrex6 Father severely declining
Strength and healing (physical and emotional) for Kazu
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Anniversary Crabby Pattil
indaler’s son settled in new house
Volendam caring for refugees
Tana’s spunk
Quartzite cruiser making progress on medical appointments
Norseh20 finding DM great assisted living facility
3 days for Oceansaway17 (Quantum OTS 8/29 to 9/5)
2 days for Vax1700 (Rotterdam 8/28 to 9/11)
2 days for Kochleffel (Voyager OTS 8/28 to 9/3)
1 day for luvteaching (Crown Princess to 9/3, Eurodam to 9/10)
Mtn2sea and kplady (Nieuw Statendam  to 8/27), Aliaschief (Rotterdam to 8/28),   Av8rix (Zuiderdam  to 8/31) and Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Aw shucks thanks for thinking of me.

going for covid test tomorrow and fly on Sunday. Then on Quantum. She is in Juneau today as I watch on PTZ com.

I might be one of the few folks who is not annoyed to miss Dawes glacier. Seen them lots before.

I still have to test for Adventure in mid Sept since doing Canada out of Bayonne.

BUT finally for Oasis cruise from Bayonne NO test needed. So happy.

speaking of Adv OTS, they changed the itinerary and when selling shorex for Sydney well I notice ship sails before shorex ends . Hmm a few others as well, so moving ship from Halifax to Sydney is now a guess on time ships sails.

toodles

• Like 16

Good afternoon all,

It took most of the morning, but the 10x13" apple pie is all done.  I plan to relax the rest of the day, the next two days will be busy.  

A few weeks ago I saw our Ukrainian neighbors' small children playing with sidewalk chalk and realized we have a lot of it that our grandsons aren't interested in playing with.  🤷‍♀️

So today when I happened to see the Mom in their yard without the children I took it over to her (didn't want to bring it in front of the children in case she didn't want them to have it).  She was very appreciative and I hope to see them playing with it soon. 🙂  

Sandi @StLouisCruisersoh my on those accident photos, so horrific and terribly sad. 😞  

Graham @grapau27your previous dog's name was perfect -- Domino!

Jim @irishjimthat's great news that the results your surgeon gave you are all clear.  Celebrate!

Jo @jodi58Welcome to the Daily!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Afternoon, fall 2023 Caribbean itineraries are available.  I just booked a 12 day Panama Canal cruise on the Rotterdam. It sails on October 22, 2023.  The current perks are very good plus I used our welcome home promotion.

Very interesting.  I did want to go through the new locks at least once.  That cruise is a bit too close to my fall New England cruise on QM2 but I am thinking about some other dates.

Roy

• Like 15

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Jim, always the best news when they call with an all clear.  Enjoy your happy hour!🍷

I'm sorry you've had such a disappointing experience with someone you thought was your friend.  Sending hugs and good thoughts to you!🤗

Lenda, from another article which updated the first one, it says the accident was just before 1:30 pm and he passed away at the Univ. of Tennessee Medical Center around 6:21 pm.  So no he didn't die immediately.  In this photo you can see how far the car went on the grass, because there is a guardrail and even some type of sign in the background which look to be intact.  The article also said the car went airborne and crashed into the bridge abutment.  So shocking, even for the witness behind him who said he saw no brake lights.  I hate that this happened!Aug-24-f-IMG_0906.jpg

There are actually two helicopters in this photo but the one in front is blending into the background.

Aug-24-wreck-1-IMG_6114-1024x768.jpeg

The sign I saw at the start of the guardrail is probably another construction one like the one on the left.  

I have never liked driving on I-75. It was our road to Florida for years when we spent winters there and we usually pass at least one accident. So sad for Linda. 

on a whole different note, we have driven every mile of it, north from Detroit to sault ste Marie and all the way to Miami going south. It is a crazy road in and around every large city along the way.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

It is a sunny day in Kailua-Kona & a perfect afternoon for DH to make gazpacho for our cold supper with DD and family. They won’t bring their dog (or kitties!) as the dog has ‘aged’ nicely and would rather settle under a bed and snooze than travel. Yes, Jodi58, this IS a nice group! 

• Like 11

well, I'm as trained as I will ever be, and the new boss paid me for 2.25 hours of work, even though it took, one hour to print the information, one hour to read the information, one .25 hours of personal training...somewhere I got cut a bit short, and I still have to watch a 45 minute video, and that too is part of the 2.25 that he gave me.  I had better sell a whole lot to get those 2.00 bonuses per sale.  Hmmmmm.

I had a dog for 12 years, she was a terri poo.  Looked like Benji.  I loved her.  She unfortunately loved a great Dane across the street, and ran out when I got home one night from work and got run over.  The man i was married to at the time, told me I was not allowed to cry.  And I didn't, until i divorced him, and truly got to cry over my dog, and my parents.  I am a whole lot more fiesty now, and if someone told me that, i would tell them to blank blank themselves.

I have loved all of the dog pictures.  The only dog, that I really dont like is that beast I have to walk every day.  Again, her mother forgot it was Friday and left me a note, "sorry I forgot it was Friday, oh well. "

One last week with this dog.  Ahhh, cant wait.  Today she went after the neighbor.  While he was in his car.  He stopped and looked at us, and said to me, as the dogs hair was standing up, and she was growling..."oh you are walking the dog, she and I are great friends."  right....

@JazzyVI hope you feel better soon.

@irishjimGreat news on those biopsies

@aliaschiefthank you for the great pictures, and @StLouisCruisersI truly enjoyed the pictures of Petra.  My brother lived in Jordan, and I think he went one time in 3 years.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good evening, 

The bags are packed and the ones we're checking are in the car. Only the carry-on and my backpack for the morning. I can handle that. It was cooler here today especially this afternoon. Tomorrow we board the Crown Princess and the plan is to be out of the house in the neighborhood of 9:15 AM. We'll see how that goes. 

Karen

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

I spent all of Friday outdoors but now it's raining in Copenhagen and I need to see a dentist. I also need to fill out the health form in the RCI app and do an emed test.

Very good dinner last night at Cap Horn in Nyhavn and this morning they sent me a request for a review -- in Danish, which I can almost but not quite read.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good evening, 

The bags are packed and the ones we're checking are in the car. Only the carry-on and my backpack for the morning. I can handle that. It was cooler here today especially this afternoon. Tomorrow we board the Crown Princess and the plan is to be out of the house in the neighborhood of 9:15 AM. We'll see how that goes. 

Karen

Bon Voyage Karen!

Safe travels and have a wonderful cruise 🚢: 🙂 

• Like 7