Will you sell your CCL stock if they eliminate the shareholder's benefit?

CineGraphic

With the company making so many cuts across the fleets, I wouldn't be surprised if the shareholder's benefits ends up on the chopping block somewhere down the road. How many of you will unload your shares if this happens?

Edited by CineGraphic

• CineGraphic changed the title to Will you sell your CCL stock if they eliminate the shareholder's benefit?

The SB is not connected to the share price or revenue report or dividend (or lack thereof)  It is a marketing device designed to foster brand loyalty.  It must work well....it has been in existence for many, many years, not to mention the imitators that have arisen in recent years among their competitors.

Edited by thinfool
  • Like 1

Rather than eliminating the CCL OBC, I suspect Princess might not allow stacking OBC, just as RCCL did. The only one I question is military…would they actually stop allowing it to be combined with CCL or FCD OBCs?  Most cruise lines offer a reduced fare on at least some sailings for military. If Princess were to do away with the military OBC, they’d be eliminating any military benefit. 

• Like 1

We would sell if they stopped the benefit and the price went up to a reasonable one.  It wouldn't be worth it IMO.  

We have probably gotten a good junk back from OBC already including when they used to have dividends. 

I can definitely see this coming.  So many people now have gotten the stocks so low that they will be paying lots and lots of OBC.  I even read of someone who bought the stocks, sent in the paperwork, sold the stocks the next day. Got $250 OBC. Eventually it won't be worth it to them to offer this. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

When they are cutting chocolates which cost just a few cents each, I can easily see how they’d be tempted to cancel the shareholders OBC which on average costs them about 50% of the stated value.

Or raise the required shares amount, or cut back the OBC amounts, anything is possible.

• Like 3

I have two pots of CCL, one smaller than the other.  The larger one:  will I sell?  No.  The smaller one:  Yes, I plan to sell before the end of the year for the tax loss, not whatever is done with the shareholder's benefit.  Depending on what happens after I sell, my intent will be to buy the same amount of shares (or somewhat more) that I sold.  

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

I have two pots of CCL, one smaller than the other.  The larger one:  will I sell?  No.  The smaller one:  Yes, I plan to sell before the end of the year for the tax loss, not whatever is done with the shareholder's benefit.  Depending on what happens after I sell, my intent will be to buy the same amount of shares  (or somewhat more) that I sold after waiting 30 days to avoid wash rule  

Note addition (but I'm sure you knew that)

8 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Rather than eliminating the CCL OBC, I suspect Princess might not allow stacking OBC, just as RCCL did. The only one I question is military…would they actually stop allowing it to be combined with CCL or FCD OBCs?  Most cruise lines offer a reduced fare on at least some sailings for military. If Princess were to do away with the military OBC, they’d be eliminating any military benefit. 

I don't think that they will touch the Military Benefit.  I think that they truly believe in it.  But if they did touch it, it would not look good.  I also don't think that it really costs them that much.  It doesn't cost them dollar for dollar.  Just as a rough guesstimate, it probably costs them in the neighborhood 50 cents on the dollar.  And, in the whole scheme of things, I think that it is a pretty small percentage of the total passengers that qualify for it.  And that percentage is decreasing, not increasing.  Fewer Military today than in the past.  It will gradually keep costing less, without the public relations nightmare of eliminating it.

11 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

With the company making so many cuts across the fleets, I wouldn't be surprised if the shareholder's benefits ends up on the chopping block somewhere down the road. How many of you will unload your shares if this happens?

Would you?

First bought at $37.05. We've recovered that investment via OBC and dividends. Bought again when it was something like $22. Not anxious to take a bath on that even though it's only 100 shares. I did only buy for the OBC but I'll stick it out and see what happens. Hopefully things will improve one of these days.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Pure fear mongering. 

• Like 4