Diamond drink coupon question

Hi all

leaving Monday on the indy and was just looking at drink prices on the app.  It is showing most of the top shelf drinks are $14. We have done 2 cruises this year and I thought that the drinks prices were $13 and the diamond drink coupons were $13. Can anyone confirm the pricing changes and if so we’re the DC value adjusted to cover or did they change you an extra dollar to cover the difference?

thanks.

DPR

7 minutes ago, Dred pilot Roberts said:

Can anyone confirm the pricing changes and if so we’re the DC value adjusted to cover or did they change you an extra dollar to cover the difference?

Being discussed in an existing thread - you won't know for sure you try it but assume the same drinks will be covered by C&A coupons as before.

We were Diamond for the first time in January.  Hubby was included in my status.  We each had the 4 drinks on our cards every day.  He asked and received top shelf liquor and never paid extra.  I like the frou-frou drinks and never an upcharge.   We never used all the drinks every day.   

23 hours ago, shofer said:

We were Diamond for the first time in January.  Hubby was included in my status.  We each had the 4 drinks on our cards every day.  He asked and received top shelf liquor and never paid extra.  I like the frou-frou drinks and never an upcharge.   We never used all the drinks every day.   

We used our Diamond freebies for specialty coffees sometimes.

• Like 1

I don't see a topic with my specific question so this seems to be the best place to start...apologies if I'm wrong.

We have an eleven day cruise starting on 1/2/23 when we both will qualify for diamond status.  I know that doesn't happen until after the cruise is complete which will be 1/13/23.  Typically the points are credited in a week or so which should be around 1/20/23.  We then have a trip booked starting on 1/24/23 which we should be Diamond.

So here's my question...what if the system doesn't update before we sail on the 24th?  Is there a way once onboard to straighten out our status and receive diamond status benefits and what do we need to accomplish that?

Thanks in advance for all your help folks..we really appreciate it.

13 minutes ago, bjlaac said:

So here's my question...what if the system doesn't update before we sail on the 24th?  Is there a way once onboard to straighten out our status and receive diamond status benefits and what do we need to accomplish that?

Yes, go see the Loyalty Ambassador onboard and they should be able to promote you to D if the system hasn't already.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

Just became Diamond so looking forward to the 4 free drink vouchers per day. I understand they upped the price to $14.00 per drink, and the voucher will reflect the new amount. My question is am I expected to pay the 18% gratuity on any drink that is $14.00 or less, and if so, assuming I will have to cover that cost? 

12 minutes ago, pattycake08 said:

Just became Diamond so looking forward to the 4 free drink vouchers per day. I understand they upped the price to $14.00 per drink, and the voucher will reflect the new amount. My question is am I expected to pay the 18% gratuity on any drink that is $14.00 or less, and if so, assuming I will have to cover that cost? 

Are you expected to? If you'd like the server/bartender to receive a tip, then yes. You will be charged nothing. It's up to you to tip on your own. It's common practice to tip $1-2 per D drink but tipping is, of course, a personal matter.

On 10/9/2022 at 7:48 PM, GTO-Girl said:

We just got off the Harmony and never once did we have to pay any extra for any of the drinks we ordered…..

The only thing I really saw that was above 13 was wine.  Did you actually get wine that was more than 13.00?  I didn't see any mixed drinks including ones i just popped out of my head and not on the menu cost more than 13 last week.

We were actually charged the difference when we ordered more expensive wine.

And last week, it was $13.00

On 10/9/2022 at 7:04 PM, Dred pilot Roberts said:

Hi all

leaving Monday on the indy and was just looking at drink prices on the app.  It is showing most of the top shelf drinks are $14. We have done 2 cruises this year and I thought that the drinks prices were $13 and the diamond drink coupons were $13. Can anyone confirm the pricing changes and if so we’re the DC value adjusted to cover or did they change you an extra dollar to cover the difference?

Your drinks, up to $14.00, will be covered by your Diamond vouchers.  You do not pay gratuity. You will not get a bill, they will just bring you back your drink, and your card if they took it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rogueperson said:

The only thing I really saw that was above 13 was wine.  Did you actually get wine that was more than 13.00?  I didn't see any mixed drinks including ones i just popped out of my head and not on the menu cost more than 13 last week.

We were actually charged the difference when we ordered more expensive wine.

And last week, it was $13.00

I mostly drink wine but I don’t specify any certain one so I have never paid any extra. 

I am definitely not a wine connoisseur…..🥹

2 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

I mostly drink wine but I don’t specify any certain one so I have never paid any extra. 

I am definitely not a wine connoisseur…..🥹

If I do not see a particular wine that I am familiar with, I will tell the sommelier what I like and ask her/him to choose for me.  So far I have not been presented with a wine i did not like.