The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday October 11th, 2022

richwmn

11 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning from the Nieuw Statendam at sea!  Lovely morning. Photo taken by Craig while he was having tea in the Lido. 
217D650B-CA3D-47FE-BA5F-D8727AC31980.thumb.jpeg.7e1a111e7a7a3724a1849504ebefadc8.jpeg

Busy day today. The CC M&G is this morning and we have lunch reservations for the Pinnacle Grill then the wine tasting. Last night I played trivia with Rich — Joy @Seasick Sailor we missed you and Allen!  Rich talked to the host, Inez from Portugal, and remembered she was on our December Rotterdam cruise.  

Sharon we hope to find fun trivia partner's on our next cruise. We enjoyed visiting with you.

0101221021a.thumb.jpg.9798ab5088fd75b1c2cc357c511e73c1.jpg

0103221743.thumb.jpg.2ae211b642b80f3381099a58fbc954b8.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Lenda, prayers lifted for your spouse and a speedy recovery.

image.png.eb312b6d911eb822637ac2f0a3c6b857.png

Roy that was a sweet post about Camilla and Elliott Rose. (I would also love to share your meal alternative)

Thank you ladies of the F & B dept as well as Rich and Roy. A dedicated bunch!

Sandi love the sweet picture of the baby today. Wouldn't mind seeing more baby pictures!

I have a dog friend waiting for her walk. I'll check in later.

Prayers, blessings and cheers 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone. I like the days and will provide my favorite  Camilla picture.The recipes look good too.I am not sure what is for dinner yet but the last one with the chicken meatballs  looks interesting.

We have not been to the port but do enjoy the pictures. 

@MISTER 67, I am glad power is restored  but am so sorry  about the devastating  damage everywhere.

@Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, prayers for you both today.I hope all goes well.

We are on a rocky road here and I have asked DD to sit with Tana while I take DH to yet another appointment. Anxiety  and breathing  issues go hand in hand but things are decidedly difficult  at the moment. She is a calming presence  for her sister at least. 

I love this picture .This little girl is a hoot and reminds me so much of her grandmother  when she was that age.

9220.jpeg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I am happy to celebrate the day of the girl child.  As soon as I saw "It's My Party" day, I immediately thought of Lesley Gore.  Although I had to look up who Ada Lovelace was, I'm so glad she's being recognized!   We've been to Half Moon Cay at least 6 times and enjoy every visit - it's my happy place.  

We had an unexpected rain overnight - that means all the frost covers (old sheets and blankets) that were draped over the outdoor furniture are now soaking wet.  I guess we'll be shaking them off, bringing them in and tossing them into the washer and dryer before putting them away for the year.  The rain has stopped, but we've got a good wind blowing out there and the temp is only going up to +13C (55F), so I guess fall is really here.

Sending good vibes out to @Quartzsite Cruiser's DH, and to Lenda as his support staff.

@kazuI really hope your dealership fixes the problem this time - and doesn't charge you for it!

Not a lot on the agenda today, just general yard clean up and maybe shrink-wrapping another window or two.  The other day when I did the living room window, I took down the curtains and sheers and tossed them into the wash.  After they were finished and I was re-hanging them, I notice a tag on the heavy curtains that said "Dry Clean Only."  Oops.  Too late, they turned out great!

I like today's menu suggestion, but we will finish off the turkey today by turning it into hot turkey sandwiches.  Along with a side of coleslaw, I think that's what we'll be enjoying in the kitchen tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is hurting, especially for the senseless bombing victims in Ukraine, and cheers to everyone who has something to celebrate.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, thank you Tina for today's recipes, and thank you Dixie for today's cocktail recipe. And thankyou all for being here!

Sad news this morning. My brother passed away peacefully early this morning. It was the end of a terrible, long journey with Parkinson's. His son and his wife were with him at the end. I'm sure that he was met by my parents, our sister, and my son in heaven.

Stay Safe!

- Jack

• Like 5
  • Thanks 27

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's a bit cloudy this morning, was 55F at daybreak and will only be 77 as a high temperature.  We may finally have some rain in our forecast.  It will probably fall tomorrow because I have an appointment with my PA to go over any progress made on my knee issue.  Will also discuss Covid boosters and possibly malaria pills for our November cruise.  

Thanks to Rich @richwmnfor our Daily and Fleet Report.  Nice to see girl children, parties, and the first female computer programmer honored.  Amazing when you see how long ago Ada Lovelace was involved in the programming field!  The quote is excellent and the carrot pea chicken salad sounds unique.  I might try the margarita but not sure about the wine.  The port of Half Moon Cay is a great beach stop even if you don't like beaches.  I've only been twice but have another stop there on our way "home" to Florida in December.  Last time we had that port listed here was June 28, 2021 and I'll post a link to Rich's post that day.  I noticed I didn't even get to post on June 28 so had no photos from there.  I realized we were in St. Louis going to soccer games every day during that time period.  So here are a couple of photos from our first time there in 2016 on Westerdam.  We parked ourselves under some trees in front of this lovely cabana/beach house.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIjaxfMtwcpGuXott6bcWoc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124195

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIdZWmKOMXdQGEZnnqe2of1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124195

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLuQuYcJsq9atBO14WtsZEr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124144

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKCUiqpY_DfXPwWDBc1vHX0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124153

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLAWhSW0Mq7fAnzgto6JyYO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124136

@puppycanducruisesince you asked, and it IS Day of the Girl Child, another photo of Elliott Rose with her Grandma Lisa, who is my niece and goddaughter. ❤️ 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKvX3q9ML-97FQmkBfYnRiVKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1665488325

Thank you Roy @rafinmdfor mentioning Camilla and Elliott Rose on this International Day of the Girl Child.  In addition we all appreciate your work compiling the Care and Celebration lists each day.  Prayers for all on the Care list and cheers for those celebrating.  Hope all are healthy and enjoying their cruises.  Special prayers for Lenda's DH as he goes through his procedures today.  Hoping for good news from Lenda ASAP.  🙏

Have a wonderful day!

Nice photos Sandi.

Lisa looks so young to be a gran.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

Another beautiful morning here in SW Michigan.  Our news says this will be most likely our last 70 degree days.  I got a lot done yesterday and have a few planned things outside.    Spraying poison ivy that pops up all over in the woods and digging up a couple of oaks and potting them to bring them to the cabin next year.  There are no oaks near my cabin except for 4 I brought from Maryland and one from my home in MI.    Then we are having smoked ribs for dinner.   

Thank you for the Daily and Fleet Report Rich.   Continue to enjoy your wonderful cruise.   Today's quote is very true, less talking and more listening.   The Day of the Girl is very important, hats off to Girl Scouts and other girls organizations.   The Mexican chicken salad looked yummy, thanks @0106!   So was the cocktail, something I could afford but the wine is too pricy for me.    Prayers for all on our care list and hoping Tana has better days.   I hope she approves of today's menu and ingredients in the house.   Prayers for the people in Ukraine who cannot feel safe anywhere in their country.   Prayers for all cleaning up from Ian and Fiona.   

Half Moon Cay has been a stopping point of all but two of my HA cruises.  My photos are mainly of horses.    It is a beautiful fun place, it would be great if in the long term future the plans for direct landing would be completed.  Have a wonderful day!  

beach ponies HMC 2222.JPG

dappled Nancy HM Cay 31918.jpg

Nancy & champagne HMC 31918.jpg

Nancy & Hero 2.jpg

Lovely photos.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, thank you Tina for today's recipes, and thank you Dixie for today's cocktail recipe. And thankyou all for being here!

Sad news this morning. My brother passed away peacefully early this morning. It was the end of a terrible, long journey with Parkinson's. His son and his wife were with him at the end. I'm sure that he was met by my parents, our sister, and my son in heaven.

Stay Safe!

- Jack

I am sorry to hear your brother passed away this morning Jack.

Condolences to you,his wife and son.

Pauline and I believe in life after death so I am certain he will now be with your son,parents and your sister in heaven.

Graham.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

The port of Half Moon Cay is a great beach stop even if you don't like beaches. 

I don't enjoy beaches except for walking along the edge of the water, but I was looking forward to HMC when on the Nieuw Amsterdam in January 2020. We didn't get there, because of seas too high for tendering. This cruise also substituted St. Croix for Sint Maarten (propulsion problem), called at San Juan on the day of an earthquake, delaying docking until 2:00 p.m., and diverted toward Grand Turk, which we had already visited, for a medical emergency. We didn't go all the way to Grand Turk; the diversion was to meet a helicopter coming from the Bahamas.

On Sunday we had an Abraham Path Walk, an interfaith event where the group visits a synagogue, a church, and a mosque. The original concept is for a group composed of people of different religions to walk together in the Middle East, from Ur to Haran to Jerusalem and Beersheva; since this is impractical for most people, this is a substitute.

2141244677_MigrationofAbraham.thumb.jpg.fb301de34458b6c0b42449104583f67b.jpg

In our area the only synagogue and the only mosque are too far apart for walking, so it always involves some driving; this year the church was a Ukrainian Catholic one that is also not near either of the others, so it was all driving except for a short walk to a Hindu ashram (yes, everyone knew that Hinduism isn't an Abrahamic religion). It was all nice except that it went on and on and on, taking about five hours. I was back at the synagogue the next morning for the first day of Sukkot, and I'm still tired.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  The surgeon came by about 40 minutes ago, and said the surgery went well.  He was able to remove a good portion of the disc and put a good size spacer between the dics.  Once DH was awake, he would go to recovery for about an hour.  DH will go home tomorrow with rhe final procedure on the 24th.

Surgery was scheduled for 7 am, but the doctor didn’t get to the hospital until after 7.  One person mentioned that he's always late.

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s Report and Daily, Rich. And thank you for sharing your cruise with us!  Roy, thank you for taking such good care of our Cares and Celebrations. 

Another beauty of a day. The deer are taking advantage of the “curbside dining” with all the yard waste moved out to the street waiting for pickup. Another early gym class. Then getting together with a group of friends at the local wine bistro to celebrate surviving Ian. 

815553F9-C4CB-4D1B-9DF0-972BBFC381E2.jpeg.db0d1e960bc966153a652a1700a5f190.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda thinking good thoughts for DH and you today. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Brovia 2017 Brea Vigna Ca' Mia (Barolo) Piedmont

This amazing Barolo has a cheaper cousin that sounds just as amazing and costs about $30 - $35 less than this one - if this one is too pricey for you. Several online distributors carry this one with prices starting at $94.98.

98 Wine Enthusiast 

Mesmerizing aromas of violet, rose, perfumed berry and dried aromatic herb mingle together with a whiff of forest floor in this compelling wine. Full-bodied, elegant and delicious, the structured palate delivers ripe Morello cherry, cranberry, licorice and tobacco framed in youthfully assertive but refined tannins. It closes on a tangy mineral note. Drink 2027–2037.

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser  Prayers for your DH that the surgery goes well, and prayers for you to be able to go through today without too much stress.

For your DH-

get+well.jpg

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

@marshhawkI hope that your friend Shari can get the care she needs in the hospital.    Septicemia is very dangerous and is probably why she isn't coherent.  I hope that she can get the antibiotics and care she needs!  

@Quartzsite CruiserLenda I hope that your husband's surgery goes well today. 

I forgot to give an update on my 97 year old friend Frank.  He called last night and expects to get released from rehab today.  He said the staff at his rehab say they are amazed how well he has gotten back on his feet.   It is being in good shape for someone his age and his will to live.  Usually a broken hip at his age is at best ending up in a nursing home for good.   Thank you for your prayers for him!   

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning from the Nieuw Statendam at sea!  Lovely morning. Photo taken by Craig while he was having tea in the Lido. 
217D650B-CA3D-47FE-BA5F-D8727AC31980.thumb.jpeg.7e1a111e7a7a3724a1849504ebefadc8.jpeg

Busy day today. The CC M&G is this morning and we have lunch reservations for the Pinnacle Grill then the wine tasting. Last night I played trivia with Rich — Joy @Seasick Sailor we missed you and Allen!  Rich talked to the host, Inez from Portugal, and remembered she was on our December Rotterdam cruise.  

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, thinking of your DH and you today as he undergoes the surgical procedure. Let us know when you can how everything is going. 

Have a great day everyone!

1 hour ago, Cat in my lap said:

Good morning!  @Quartzsite Cruiser hope dh surgery goes well!

Best wishes to all!  

Last night we had dinner at DS - fajitas and drinks!

46 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning everyone. I like the days and will provide my favorite  Camilla picture.The recipes look good too.I am not sure what is for dinner yet but the last one with the chicken meatballs  looks interesting.

@MISTER 67, I am glad power is restored  but am so sorry  about the devastating  damage everywhere.

We are on a rocky road here and I have asked DD to sit with Tana while I take DH to yet another appointment. Anxiety  and breathing  issues go hand in hand but things are decidedly difficult  at the moment. She is a calming presence  for her sister at least. 

I love this picture .This little girl is a hoot and reminds me so much of her grandmother  when she was that age.

9220.jpeg

45 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I am happy to celebrate the day of the girl child.  As soon as I saw "It's My Party" day, I immediately thought of Lesley Gore.  Although I had to look up who Ada Lovelace was, I'm so glad she's being recognized!   We've been to Half Moon Cay at least 6 times and enjoy every visit - it's my happy place.  

We had an unexpected rain overnight - that means all the frost covers (old sheets and blankets) that were draped over the outdoor furniture are now soaking wet.  I guess we'll be shaking them off, bringing them in and tossing them into the washer and dryer before putting them away for the year.  The rain has stopped, but we've got a good wind blowing out there and the temp is only going up to +13C (55F), so I guess fall is really here.

Sending good vibes out to @Quartzsite Cruiser's DH, and to Lenda as his support staff.

@kazuI really hope your dealership fixes the problem this time - and doesn't charge you for it!

Not a lot on the agenda today, just general yard clean up and maybe shrink-wrapping another window or two.  The other day when I did the living room window, I took down the curtains and sheers and tossed them into the wash.  After they were finished and I was re-hanging them, I notice a tag on the heavy curtains that said "Dry Clean Only."  Oops.  Too late, they turned out great!

I like today's menu suggestion, but we will finish off the turkey today by turning it into hot turkey sandwiches.  Along with a side of coleslaw, I think that's what we'll be enjoying in the kitchen tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is hurting, especially for the senseless bombing victims in Ukraine, and cheers to everyone who has something to celebrate.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Thank you all for the well wishes which are much appreciated.

@marshhawk  Annie, I loved the meme.

Lenda

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6

6 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning.  The surgeon came by about 40 minutes ago, and said the surgery went well.  He was able to remove a good portion of the disc and put a good size spacer between the dics.  Once DH was awake, he would go to recovery for about an hour.  DH will go home tomorrow with rhe final procedure on the 24th.

Surgery was scheduled for 7 am, but the doctor didn’t get to the hospital until after 7.  One person mentioned that he's always late.

Great news!  Thanks for the update!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning All,

Sending condolences and prayers for peace to @Heartgrove and family.

And praying for a good recovery for @Quartzsite Cruiser’s DH.

It is now dark when we get up at 06:00 here. It one of few signs we are in fall.

Today’s agenda includes lunch with a friend from childhood. We’re making it a point to get together every couple of months, as we were only seeing each other for funerals for many years. And tonight it’s the second of 4 sewing machine operator classes for my machine that I bought in March of Covid. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

I'm pleased your DH operation has gone well Lenda.

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Half moon cay 

547DCAFC-F23E-4C60-91CB-01E6533403D3.jpeg

6B39D145-8496-4F5F-975A-BB08BDF3C458.jpeg

7E075A29-C64B-4774-B953-E960B725578F.jpeg

Quick story about HMC and the Stingray Adventure. Years ago the nature guy from Australia, Steve, was killed by a stingray with the tail going through his body. Three months after this happened we were on a HAL cruise that stopped at HMC. I walked to the Stingray Adventure and no one from the ship had signed up for the adventure due to the recent event with Steve. So the operator let me swim with the stingray for no charge!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Thought I'd comment on the rest of the Fleet/Daily while I'm waiting for them to bring DH from recovery.  The hospital has good internet which is good since cell service in the room is iffy.

As a girl who has two DDs, I will certainly celebrate girl child day, including Miss Camilla and Miss Elliott Rose.  Leslie Gore came to my mind when I saw Its My Party.  Ada Lovelace deserves a day, since she was ahead of her time.

I like today’s quote.

We'll pass on the meal, drink, and wine. 

We visited Half Moon Cay in pre-digital times.  In 2017, Prinsendam was to visit HMC but the wind was too high for to anchor and tender.  The only pictures I have of HMC are from the Prinsendam.

DSC02930.thumb.JPG.72dedffda2b2223542a0e6be14ca6541.JPG

DSC02933.thumb.JPG.5495947b46357ebf77a887bf9d635b4f.JPG

With her azipods Nieuw Amsterdam was able to stay that day.

DSC02929.thumb.JPG.c3d5821647eed687a32015702291833d.JPG

@MISTER 67 Welcome back.  Good to know everything has been restored.  I'm sorry the people in the next condo buipding have lost their homes.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope they and fix your car quickly and not expensively, and that the estate problem is finally solved.  If it wasn't solved correctly the first time, hopefully, they won't charge you. Take your frustrations out on the yard work, the relax with plenty of cardbordeaux.

@summer slope  Dixie, I'm  happy you are feeling better.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, thanks for the picture of Ellie with her adoring grandma.

@marshhawk  Annie, it must be very frustrating for you and Barbara to not know what is really happening with your friend Shari.  I hope the doctors can find what is wrong with Shari, and she is well soon.  I hope you hear from the sister soon with an update.

@ottahand7  Thanks for the update on Frank.  What an amazing recovery.  He must be a truely amazing man.

@HAL Sailer  Melisa, thanks for sharing the picture of the restaurant feeding the linemen.  It's good to see people supporting and thanking them for their work after Ian.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm sorry things are so rocky right now.  I can see where breathing issues could cause anxiety and start a vicious circle.  I'm glad your DD has a calming effect on Tana.  Hope all goes well for your DH at the doctor's appointment.

@kochleffel  Thanks for sharing the information on the Abraham Path Walk.

@TiogaCruiser Thank you for the good wishes.

@grapau27  Thank you, Graham.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Good morning from another rainy day in Barbados.  

We really chose a winner with this vacation!  Rain, rain and more rain.  Today’s agenda calls for thunder and lightning as well. 

I’m glad we have spacious accommodations or I would be going stir crazy by this time.

Thank you @richwmnRich for the Daily and Fleet report.  It is very kind of you to do this while on your cruise.

I like the collection of days.  I like the Girl Child days and love the photos of Miss Camilla and Miss Elliott Rose.  They are both beauties.

Hats off the Ada Lovelace.  She was a pioneer in Computer Programming.

As for It’s my Party, I’ll skip that.

Skip on the meal, drink and the wine is a bit above my budget.

@Quartzsite CruiserGlad the surgery went well.  Hope the recovery will go well also,.

@HeartgroveMy condolences on your brother’s passing.  You and your family are in my prayers.

@rafinmdRoy, Thank you for the Care’s list.  Prayers for all those who need them.

Also cheers to those celebrating and cruising—especially our Dailyites on the New Statendam. Looks like you all are having a wonderful time.

Not much else happening here except watching the rain.

Will watch some episodes of Call the Midwife on my Ipad.

Have a great day everyone

God Bless,

Terri

66C3818E-9769-4AEA-B45A-23B2CA115464.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Lenda, prayers lifted for your spouse and a speedy recovery.

image.png.eb312b6d911eb822637ac2f0a3c6b857.png

Roy that was a sweet post about Camilla and Elliott Rose. (I would also love to share your meal alternative)

Thank you ladies of the F & B dept as well as Rich and Roy. A dedicated bunch!

Sandi love the sweet picture of the baby today. Wouldn't mind seeing more baby pictures!

I have a dog friend waiting for her walk. I'll check in later.

Prayers, blessings and cheers 

Thank you Joy!  I have a couple more photos of baby Elliott Rose but will spread them out this week for your viewing pleasure.  😁

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

9220.jpeg

Terry, I feel so badly for Tana when she has these breathing issues.  Not being able to breathe properly is no doubt a terrifying experience.  More prayers for her!

What an adorable photo of Camilla!  That is quite a fancy ride she has there!  Not only a cover for rain, but it can be pushed while she enjoys the journey.

2 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Jack, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss today, even though expected.  Thankfully his son and wife were with him.  Prayers for comfort for you all.🙏

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nice photos Sandi.

Lisa looks so young to be a gran.

Lisa was born 4 or 5 months before I got married and attended both the wedding and reception.  She does look young for her age.  She only has one child so is no doubt hoping for DS to provide her more grandbabies as soon as possible.👶

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

@StLouisCruisersmy friend, who is a doctor/professor of pharmacy told me to get Malarone pills.  That's what my Dr. is going to prescibe.

I checked and Malarone is generic for pills we took on our Grand Med and Africa (Prinsendam) in 2018.  Atovaquone and Proguanil Hydrochloride tablets.  We still have about 2 dozen left but they are past expiration now.  Will take the package with me to see her and talk about what to take.  Thanks for confirming what your friend recommended.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

Stay Safe!

- Jack

I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers and thoughts with you and your family. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1