Carnival Foods You Love

Island Dog

10 minutes ago, 1kaper said:

We were chatting with a couple on the tender back from HMC and she pulled out a big bag of the granola.  I haven't tried it yet but she loved it and they always take a baggie to bring some for a snack.  

The pizza is my favourite.  

Huevos Rancheros from the MDR.  The ones from Blue Iguana weren't as good. 

I bring baggies too, and take granola back to my room for snacking on later! It’s so good and IMO a healthier treat.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 1kaper said:

I do not.  I am not usually a breakfast person so I only went to the MDR on a sea day. 

Only on sea days unfortunately. I’m not a breakfast person either but my husband is which is why I would get the granola but save it to eat later. They do serve it with milk, on the side so I tell them no milk as I prefer to eat it dry.

• Like 1

Blue Iguana - Breakfast and lunch burritos, burrito bowl

Deli - Reuben 

Jiji's - everything

Shaq's Big Chicken - MDE and Big Aristotle, fries when they're fresh

Street Eats - almost everything

Chibang - steak stir fry noodle bowl

MDR - Indian vegetarian, blackened pork tart, roasted broccoli & three cheese soup, meatballs, Bitter n Blanc (wish they served this every night like the Chocolate Melting Cake)

Lido buffet - coconut gelato and all the cakes

Pizza

There's a lot more but that's all I can think of right now.

Edited by sunshower9
  • Like 1

Chilius Maximus or the Ringer from Guy's

Breakfast burrito and lunch tacos from Blue Iguana

Confetti Cheesecake from Lido

Lasagna, Shrimp Creole, crab cakes, alligator beignets, and bitter n blanc from MDR

Steak and eggs (although I really miss the filet) and huevos rancheros from sea day brunch

Very excited to try the new options on Mardi Gras next year.

Edited by Pyxie

Carnival always hits a home run with lasagna both in the MDR and Cucina.  In the MDR I usually remember apps that are done well.  The marinated chicken tenders, fried mozzarella and calamari are always a hit for me.

For the quick bites I am always happy with the breakfast burritos at Iguana.  For lunch anything at Iguana, Big Chicken or Guys will do, we have moved towards those venues in lieu of the Lido.

From Blue Iguana. It's not on the menu but they keep edible tortilla bowls behind the counter for taco salads. Instead of salad greens I have them load it up with Mexican rice, refried beans, queso cheese, and pork carnitas. Then from the salsa bar I add salsa and sour cream and lime. 

Delish!

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Oletruckdude said:

From Blue Iguana. It's not on the menu but they keep edible tortilla bowls behind the counter for taco salads. Instead of salad greens I have them load it up with Mexican rice, refried beans, queso cheese, and pork carnitas. Then from the salsa bar I add salsa and sour cream and lime. 

Delish!

Man, that's a great hack! Thanks!

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 12:37 PM, txcruiser1234 said:

I like these good food threads - seem to always read about something I've never tried before...

Two little things from the buffet I'm always on the lookout for:

Jalapeno hush puppies (edible gold)

Pepperoni pasta

Little things from the MDR:

Love the soups too, especially the hot ones - sometimes I get the cold ones as a desert

Cranberry bread

Current iteration of the Baked Alaska

And I'm a sucker for a strawberry swirl...good thing it's not available every day...

Jalapeno hushpuppies? How have I never seen these before????? I love jalapenos and I love hushpuppies, these would be right up my alley!!!!

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 2:52 PM, WheresWalter said:

Shaq's Big Chicken.

Rudi's Sea Grill (Mardi Gras)

Shaq's Big Chicken

Serenity Retreat Salad Bar for lunch

Shaq's Big Chicken

Pizza del Capitano (Mardi Gras)

BUT don't get Shaq's egg and chicken sandwich for breakfast, there's something weird about the eggs and the biscuits are dry. But the chicken sandwiches are addictive. 🙂

I can't wait to try Shaq's on the MG in a few weeks!  This just got me even more excited about it. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 1:02 AM, Oletruckdude said:

Delish!

Not anymore.  Taco bowls have been gone for months.

20 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

I can't wait to try Shaq's on the MG in a few weeks!  This just got me even more excited about it. 

It's a great ship, have an amazing time and if you're a fan of coffee, skip Java Blue.

Get your lattes and cappuccinos at Bar Dela Rosa. Shorter lines and better coffee. 

The best coffee onboard is the Cuban coffee in the Havana Bar. 🙂 

• Like 1

In general, the food is average, in MDR or buffet. Even the specialty places.

The one thing I have found that is very good and is "authentic" as can be is the fish and chips from the dedicated seafood stations if you get it hot and fresh. I've had fish and chips from good chipperies overseas, and they got this one nailed. I doubt it's freshly battered cod, but it's well done frozen cod....or at least it seems like cod.

The fried shrimps (lol) are good too