The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday November 4th, 2022

richwmn

Good morning from a cloudy, windy central Texas.  The forecast is still for heavy rains, high winds and possible tornados in some areas.  The only change is the time for the rain to start and to stop keeps moving back.  It is still in the time frame I usually go to Waco and back home, and I don't want to take any chances driving in the heavy rain.  Instead, I'm taking advantage of a day at home to do laundry.  At least, it is easier than house cleaning.🤣

You know I'll celebrate candy day with my favorite dark chocolate and dark chocolate with almonds.  I do limit myself to four small pieces a day most days, but some need more chocolate.  😉  Community service is good, and when the DDs were in school, I always volunteered at their schools.  Since they left for college, we've traveled too much for me to be a reliable volunteer.   I try to use common sense, but it seems common sense is less common now days.

The quote is interesting, and I imagine many people try to follow it with their excuses.

I'll pass on the meal.  I like some fish, but some used in the meal are not my favorites.  The drink looks refreshing, and the wine sounds interesting.

@MISTER 67  That is good news you finally got the antibiotic, and I hope it works quickly to cure the infection.

@rafinmd  Roy, I know you are already on your way, but safe travels on the train, and have a nice time in Florida before your Eurodam cruise.

@aliaschief  I wish our weather was good enough to a ride in our convertible with the top down.  Enjoy your ride and lunch.  Thank you for your pictures.

@Lady Hudson  Katherine, I'm sorry you had to cancel your cruises, but it is understandable.  I hope the oral surgery for your DH goes well and he heals quickly.

@cat shepard  Ann, loved the meme, and it was me to a T.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, thank you for your pictures and the picture of your DD's tree.

@GTVCRUISER  Thank you for your pictures.  We might head to Stone Island the next time we're in Mazatlán.

@HAL Sailer  Melisa, that is good is good news your DSIL is  home and is comfortable.  I wish your DH was better able to understand the situation.  With all that is going on, remember to take care of yourself too.

@dfish  Debbie, I'll be thinking of you today and tomorrow.  I hope everything with the move goes smoothly.

We have been to Mazatlán seven times, but when I posted my pictures on August 13, 2021, we'd only been there once on Ruby Princess in 2016.  On our b2b2b2b cruises on Koningsdam last fall and last spring, we were their six more times.  Some days we got off the ship and walked around the port area after taking the shuttle to the port building.  Other days, we just stay on the ship.  I'll repost my pictures from our 2016 stop and look for different ones from the Koningsdam cruises.

We have been to Mazatlan once in 2016 on the Ruby Princess.  I am going to post my pictures, then go back an read the Daily.  Sorry if my pictures of the market are close to the ones @StLouisCruisers Sandi posted.  All my pictures of the church are like Sandi's.

In the morning, we took one of the little open air vehicles that were outside the port for a tour of the city and the Golden Zone.  In the afternoon, we took another one into the old town and walked around.

Our first stop that morning was a viewpoint over looking the bay and the town.

DSC04355.thumb.JPG.3b3e9cbb918ed8163c08c4a29f18edd3.JPG

DSC04357.thumb.JPG.ee5e8b88a516016aa349e2670424d910.JPG

A little further along the road

DSC04359.thumb.JPG.626ba8558dc86528c0e0e1c8ed77402e.JPG

DSC04360.thumb.JPG.f3c943fd1f5a200697105909ead91eb1.JPG

The drive along the Golden Zone, the modern tourist area.  We preferred the main downtown area.

DSC04364.thumb.JPG.aa39d356c9da63df228a715b0ab3b45a.JPG

The market

DSC04370.thumb.JPG.055b40d0b3adae698c4d5fd915703ee8.JPG

DSC04371.thumb.JPG.55bed66bcc9f46171848eb787b13ad57.JPG

This is what happens when you feed the pigeons.

DSC04382.thumb.JPG.fbc19e250b3be84aa3959ab354f440d7.JPG

A pretty gazebo in the middle of the park in the main square

DSC04384.thumb.JPG.635e51844ecd296111f736f8d47e927b.JPG

The area around the port

DSC04388.thumb.JPG.bcb36aaef342e6a4f6824da3222fbe7b.JPG

DSC04366.thumb.JPG.264d20b80a6324801d75f078bd08f141.JPG

DSC04368.thumb.JPG.fac4052622fea3b11d727ed7cc5193f6.JPG

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 8

Good morning!  Thanks for all of the info and pictures.  Prayers for those that need them, and cheers for celebrations!  Hoping everyone on a cruise, or getting ready for one has a great and safe time!  I'm part of our church quilting group.  We make quilts for our homebound people, baptisms and other charities.  I'm getting quilts ready for the homebound people.  16 people were added to the list this year.  I'm also in a group of basket weavers - we make christmas baskets and fill them with goodies for Nursing Home residents in the area...my "community service!"  We're taking 2 grands shopping today, the 7 year old is choosing her birthday present!  Then lunch somewhere, another fun day with them.  Have a great day, Karen

• Like 19

Here are some more pictures from our stops in Mazatlán.  Most were taken on December 1, 2021, when we did a short tour in one of the open air vehicles.

We'll start our tour with the blue line that leads passengers to the Old Town.  I didn't walk it, but may the next time we're there.

DSC09720.thumb.JPG.1c5d2350b04824668ea9d499c6b811ae.JPG

There are many statues around town and along the waterfront.  These are just a few.

DSC09469.thumb.JPG.b654962ca7f99990d0f205f095f5d616.JPG

DSC09470.thumb.JPG.ef5ef254f9b17f98078cedbb36072d33.JPG

DSC09508.thumb.JPG.e65f4c30c415d52d942487723e39599b.JPG

A nice playground and water park across from the statue above.

DSC09511.thumb.JPG.42450c94b49e0d70ca63c4814f68fb74.JPG

Even though it was December 1, the decorations for Día de los Muertos were still up in the main plaza.

DSC09495.thumb.JPG.d9277bf91bf8baeba03b657f8bedcfd9.JPG

DSC09496.thumb.JPG.39735bc517a80391a58ff50951805f4e.JPG

The traffic along the coast road, and the divers.  My timing was off when the diver made is move.  BTW, you could not pay me enough to make that dive.

DSC09473.thumb.JPG.cbe2b11b603f973700d82105f30d24e0.JPG

DSC09476.thumb.JPG.99e09125744a0fe5fdeee65aed50d27f.JPG

DSC09477.thumb.JPG.bda0f8a4be9da71edc4e3f2422787fc5.JPG

A nice neighborhood heading to the coast road.

DSC09480.thumb.JPG.2d04eb510e244bd4272a5212a38bee12.JPG

Looking out from the overlook.  With the Carnival Panorama and NCL Bliss in port with us, the port area and town were sure crowded.

DSC09487.thumb.JPG.d5eade78dfb89ac7178c4265864f0434.JPG

DSC09485.thumb.JPG.2ce6966eb4fb9c8ee94894b7f6e17233.JPG

This place we passed looked interesting with food, books and beer.  Too bad the books are probably all in Spanish.

DSC09494.thumb.JPG.be64218f3bf2721fe2f3ecdef50bce6e.JPG

Town as seen from the upper deck of Koningsdam.

DSC09627.thumb.JPG.be51ff04f4c08ed3cc1ee570b0c0b2c3.JPG

DSC09628.thumb.JPG.b0da476c13d7ac2e3b85853876f7a6c6.JPG

The sun was setting as we sailed.

DSC09419.thumb.JPG.67ea943f738e03af9cbf703d656ff63c.JPG

DSC09534.thumb.JPG.7f5a42c8765999a18e3b0f1094780e7d.JPG

Lenda

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5

Did someone call our cruise the Disasterdam?  I’m starting to wonder.  My BIL and niece are flying home tomorrow morning.  They won’t be boarding with us 😢 

Thanks everyone for the kind wishes.  

4 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Finally on my antibiotics and I had some drainage with the fingertip this morning which is a good sign, hopefully the swelling will subside and with it the pain, still looks uglier than sin.

Oh my!  I hope the antibiotics get to work quickly and you feel much better fast 🙏🏻 

4 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Unfortunately I did have to cancel our November trips on Anthem.  DH’s dental surgery will be extensive and somewhat tricky given his medical situation.  Surgery scheduled for Monday.  That’s life — expect the unexpected.  We hope to still make a planned trip on 12/1 on Enchantment of the Seas.

So sorry to hear this.  I hope you can make your cruise in December.  Best wishes for your DH’s surgery.  Hope all goes smoothly and he can recover quickly and easily 🤞 

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Shutting down my last laptop and out the door.

Roy

Best wishes for safe, smooth travels, Roy and an excellent cruise!

1 hour ago, HAL Sailer said:

My DSIL is home, on high doses of oral blood thinners, and comfortable. Obviously, her metastatic melanoma, the jugular blood clot, the extreme level of blood thinners, and being age 90 make for a tenuous situation. 

She is back to not wanting her brother (my DH) to visit and her new health challenges are exacerbating his memory issues. Yesterday, he didn't really grasp her changed situation. And, late last night, I found him wandering our condo hours after he had gone to bed. He's not done that before, he wasn't sure why he was up, nor what he wanted, but he did return to bed willingly. I don't know whether this is a new change in our dementia journey or just a bump along the road. I'm hoping it was just his mind on overload... sigh

Oh dear Melissa - sorry to hear of all of this - so much on your plate & so many worries.  You are all in my prayers 🙏🏻 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a cloudy, windy central Texas.  The forecast is still for heavy rains, high winds and possible tornados in some areas.  The only change is the time for the rain to start and to stop keeps moving back.  It is still in the time frame I usually go to Waco and back home, and I don't want to take any chances driving in the heavy rain.  Instead, I'm taking advantage of a day at home to do laundry.  At least, it is easier than house cleaning.🤣

You know I'll celebrate candy day with my favorite dark chocolate and dark chocolate with almonds.  I do limit myself to four small pieces a day most days, but some need more chocolate.  😉  Community service is good, and when the DDs were in school, I always volunteered at their schools.  Since they left for college, we've traveled too much for me to be a reliable volunteer.   I try to use common sense, but it seems common sense is less common now days.

The quote is interesting, and I imagine many people try to follow it with their excuses.

I'll pass on the meal.  I like some fish, but some used in the meal are not my favorites.  The drink looks refreshing, and the wine sounds interesting.

@MISTER 67  That is good news you finally got the antibiotic, and I hope it works quickly to cure the infection.

@rafinmd  Roy, I know you are already on your way, but safe travels on the train, and have a nice time in Florida before your Eurodam cruise.

@aliaschief  I wish our weather was good enough to a ride in our convertible with the top down.  Enjoy your ride and lunch.  Thank you for your pictures.

@Lady Hudson  Katherine, I'm sorry you had to cancel your cruises, but it is understandable.  I hope the oral surgery for your DH goes well and he heals quickly.

@cat shepard  Ann, loved the meme, and it was me to a T.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, thank you for your pictures and the picture of your DD's tree.

@GTVCRUISER  Thank you for your pictures.  We might head to Stone Island the next time we're in Mazatlán.

@HAL Sailer  Melisa, that is good is good news your DSIL is  home and is comfortable.  I wish your DH was better able to understand the situation.  With all that is going on, remember to take care of yourself too.

@dfish  Debbie, I'll be thinking of you today and tomorrow.  I hope everything with the move goes smoothly.

We have been to Mazatlán seven times, but when I posted my pictures on August 13, 2021, we'd only been there once on Ruby Princess in 2016.  On our b2b2b2b cruises on Koningsdam last fall and last spring, we were their six more times.  Some days we got off the ship and walked around the port area after taking the shuttle to the port building.  Other days, we just stay on the ship.  I'll repost my pictures from our 2016 stop and look for different ones from the Koningsdam cruises.

We have been to Mazatlan once in 2016 on the Ruby Princess.  I am going to post my pictures, then go back an read the Daily.  Sorry if my pictures of the market are close to the ones @StLouisCruisers Sandi posted.  All my pictures of the church are like Sandi's.

In the morning, we took one of the little open air vehicles that were outside the port for a tour of the city and the Golden Zone.  In the afternoon, we took another one into the old town and walked around.

Our first stop that morning was a viewpoint over looking the bay and the town.

DSC04355.thumb.JPG.3b3e9cbb918ed8163c08c4a29f18edd3.JPG

DSC04357.thumb.JPG.ee5e8b88a516016aa349e2670424d910.JPG

A little further along the road

DSC04359.thumb.JPG.626ba8558dc86528c0e0e1c8ed77402e.JPG

DSC04360.thumb.JPG.f3c943fd1f5a200697105909ead91eb1.JPG

The drive along the Golden Zone, the modern tourist area.  We preferred the main downtown area.

DSC04364.thumb.JPG.aa39d356c9da63df228a715b0ab3b45a.JPG

The market

DSC04370.thumb.JPG.055b40d0b3adae698c4d5fd915703ee8.JPG

DSC04371.thumb.JPG.55bed66bcc9f46171848eb787b13ad57.JPG

This is what happens when you feed the pigeons.

DSC04382.thumb.JPG.fbc19e250b3be84aa3959ab354f440d7.JPG

A pretty gazebo in the middle of the park in the main square

DSC04384.thumb.JPG.635e51844ecd296111f736f8d47e927b.JPG

The area around the port

DSC04388.thumb.JPG.bcb36aaef342e6a4f6824da3222fbe7b.JPG

DSC04366.thumb.JPG.264d20b80a6324801d75f078bd08f141.JPG

DSC04368.thumb.JPG.fac4052622fea3b11d727ed7cc5193f6.JPG

Lenda

Nice collection of photos Lenda.

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, kazu said:

Did someone call our cruise the Disasterdam?  I’m starting to wonder.  My BIL and niece are flying home tomorrow morning.  They won’t be boarding with us 😢 

Oh my!  I hope the antibiotics get to work quickly and you feel much better fast 🙏🏻 

So sorry to hear this.  I hope you can make your cruise in December.  Best wishes for your DH’s surgery.  Hope all goes smoothly and he can recover quickly and easily 🤞 

Best wishes for safe, smooth travels, Roy and an excellent cruise!

Oh dear Melissa - sorry to hear of all of this - so much on your plate & so many worries.  You are all in my prayers 🙏🏻 

I'm sorry to hear your BIL and your niece are flying home tomorrow and not boarding your ship.

• Like 6

Sad about your DBIL, Jacqui, @kazu!  And all the others we have on our Cares list.  For which, thank you Roy, and also thanks to Rich for the Fleet Report and Daily news, and the F&B ladies for the information!  DD usually makes us a batch of cioppino for dinner on Christmas Eve.  Delish.

My cousin Vicki's funeral will be on November 8.  Her DH, Bob, is sad, so evidently is aware of what has happened.  Her two Sheltie rescues have gone to another Sheltie Rescue lady who just lost her last Sheltie, and Sheltie Rescue of California is going to pay all their vet bills for the rest of their lives, nice of them, don't you think?

Nothing much here.  It is a dark and dreary day.  We tried yesterday to upgrade our stateroom to a verandah on the holiday cruise, but all verandahs and suites are sold out.  It's going to be a full ship - I don't think they are setting aside Covid isolation rooms any more.  We waited just a bit too long - we had hoped our Covid FCC would come through, but it hasn't yet.  But we'll be on board with friends, and that's what we're looking forward to.

• Like 19

2 hours ago, ktbraun said:

Good morning!  Thanks for all of the info and pictures.  Prayers for those that need them, and cheers for celebrations!  Hoping everyone on a cruise, or getting ready for one has a great and safe time!  I'm part of our church quilting group.  We make quilts for our homebound people, baptisms and other charities.  I'm getting quilts ready for the homebound people.  16 people were added to the list this year.  I'm also in a group of basket weavers - we make christmas baskets and fill them with goodies for Nursing Home residents in the area...my "community service!"  We're taking 2 grands shopping today, the 7 year old is choosing her birthday present!  Then lunch somewhere, another fun day with them.  Have a great day, Karen

Your quilts and baskets sound wonderful.....what a kind thing to do....!!

• Like 10

Good morning from a very wet and windy Pacific Northwest! 

DH is making progess slowly but surely. Wednesday he was up in the parallel bars and walked 14 feet. Yesterday he did 21 feet. He is still struggling with transferring from the bed to wheelchair and back. Walking would be easier if he didn't have the boot on but that's life. Now idea on time line yet but at leas there's some progress. He's also more alert, talkative, etc. and he's stubborn. I think his therapists are getting tired of "I want to do it myself!". 

Karen

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I'll salute candy, preferably chocolate. We should all try to do some community service (I have volunteered at the food bank and a women's shelter) and common sense seems to be lacking in many, sadly. Funny quote.

I'll pass on the meal (fish). Yes to the wine and drink.

I have been to Mazatlan, on my Panama Canal cruise.

We're going up to 72 today and it's sunny. The borough didn't do the Wednesday leaf vacuuming, and now the yard is full again. Debating whether to just mow of blow more to the curb. I was up at o'dark thirty for my early Ortho appointment, since I was going to have to battle rush hour on the parkway. I got there about 20 minutes early (I think Fridays are better on the highways), and was done by the actual time of my appointment! This was the 3rd of the 3 injections of Synvisc in the knee. I cleared the cookies on my PC as I do every day, and of course got logged out of CC; got back in, but it wasn't the usual screen.

@MISTER 67 I hope the antibiotics fix your finger right up.

@rafinmd Enjoy the train trip and cruise. My Mother and I did the auto train way back in the 70's when it first started. It was at Christmas, and I remember there being movies and white tablecloth dining.

@Lady Hudson Sorry to hear that you had to cancel your cruise; hoping all goes well with DH's dental surgery, and there's still a trip to look forward to.

@aliaschief @StLouisCruisers @GTVCRUISER @Quartzsite Cruiser Great Mazatlan photos.

@StLouisCruisers DD is very creative!

@HAL Sailer Prayers for your DSIL continue. And sorry to hear of DH's wandering; my Mother did that and on one trip here I had to sleep on the floor in front of the door of my apartment to prevent her getting out unintentionally. It is sad to see dementia overtake a loved one.

@dfish Best wishes for a smooth move tomorrow.

@kazu Sorry your BIL and niece have to fly home. I hope you get the Loftstrand crutches figured out, if needed.

@ktbraun How wonderful about the quilts and Christmas baskets!

@Vict0riann Prayers for Vicki's DH Bob and all the family. And great for Sheltie Rescue to pay for all the vet bills.

@luvteaching I'm glad to hear DH is progressing. I'll bet that stubborness aids in his recovery!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

Some pictures from Mazatlan copied over from Aug 2021:

The Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Mazatlan

1652910513_024-11.6.19MazatlanCathedralfrontMazatlan.thumb.jpg.c84002a85fd5a9e697d404b5ab4047ea.jpg

1743197539_002-11.6.19CathedraloftheImmaulateConceptionMazatlan.thumb.jpg.1082cea55d64a0fc9595e97a9e77e272.jpg

1429577196_008-11.6.19MazatlanCathedralMazatlan.thumb.jpg.8a2fcf3fef6bea833d2850fac75546a3.jpg

At the Central Market

325475530_015-11.6.19FruitsatMercadoPinoSuarezmarketMazatlan.thumb.jpg.9a3fe689032d2cac356d93a9a972855c.jpg

1179344179_017-11.6.19PigheadsatcentralmarketMazatlan.thumb.jpg.bf7b9f7310568ba796e4fe389485fa91.jpg

Performers at Plaza Machado

1489865347_029-11.6.19PerformersatPlazaMachadoMazatlan.thumb.jpg.538e20f016aa3780c7bd5ba78f11e0f4.jpg

1064942551_031-11.6.19PerformersatPlazaMachadoMazatlan.thumb.jpg.4a59dcd319f5b13e450957d769c28c9e.jpg

Day of the Dead decorations

1848229215_036-11.6.19MazatlanDayoftheDeaddecorations.thumb.jpg.b739c8f9b23ce0014dbe429d9141641f.jpg

1438672869_037-11.6.19MazatlanDayoftheDeaddecorations.thumb.jpg.f5324f30739093b472d33ed44bbefbe7.jpg

Flowers

330220836_047-11.6.19MazatlanBuildingsandFlowers.thumb.jpg.44156c54d429912085d3a036225a036b.jpg

Olas Atlas Beach

1725382647_050-11.6.19OlasAtlasBeachMazatlan.thumb.jpg.f172d53ca053fcd2ab2d972e6405dc5e.jpg

215192898_063-11.6.19MonumentoalaMujerMazatlecaontheMaleconMazatlan.thumb.jpg.4917d132224cd68787f422e32da13ca8.jpg

Cliff Divers

991964217_066-11.6.19CliffdiversatPuntadeClavadistas(NailsPoint)Mazatlan.thumb.jpg.e8316bb63dee618cb1b5ab86f65704b4.jpg

1729260926_072-11.6.19LaReinadelosMares(QueenoftheSeas)mermaidstatuePaseoClaussenpromenadeMazatln.thumb.jpg.374133a0b6c83f2a149b4262c11d62c2.jpg

Modern Mazatlan

2045194532_074-11.6.19ModernMazatln.thumb.jpg.3be2cced3da835933b5c8d47f31b4e81.jpg

Sunset

115868034_082-11.6.19SettingSunMazatlan.thumb.jpg.108887dd6fdc86ad971fd3a138b19dba.jpg

905135002_086-11.6.19SettingSunMazatlan.thumb.jpg.dc03f870cc2f49ef54fdb4924e847998.jpg

Interesting jetty

1922586482_090-11.6.19InterestingJettyMazatlan.thumb.jpg.90d5573d98bb025a585eef02b528bed0.jpg

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 8

9 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

I'll salute candy, preferably chocolate. We should all try to do some community service (I have volunteered at the food bank and a women's shelter) and common sense seems to be lacking in many, sadly. Funny quote.

We're going up to 72 today and it's sunny. The borough didn't do the Wednesday leaf vacuuming, and now the yard is full again. Debating whether to just mow of blow more to the curb. I was up at o'dark thirty for my early Ortho appointment, since I was going to have to battle rush hour on the parkway. I got there about 20 minutes early (I think Fridays are better on the highways), and was done by the actual time of my appointment! This was the 3rd of the 3 injections of Synvisc in the knee. I cleared the cookies on my PC as I do every day, and of course got logged out of CC; got back in, but it wasn't the usual screen.

@rafinmd Enjoy the train trip and cruise. My Mother and I did the auto train way back in the 70's when it first started. It was at Christmas, and I remember there being movies and white tablecloth dining.

@Lady Hudson Sorry to hear that you had to cancel your cruise; hoping all goes well with DH's dental surgery, and there's still a trip to look forward to.

@aliaschief @StLouisCruisers @GTVCRUISER @Quartzsite Cruiser Great Mazatlan photos.

@HAL Sailer Prayers for your DSIL continue. And sorry to hear of DH's wandering; my Mother did that and on one trip here I had to sleep on the floor in front of the door of my apartment to prevent her getting out unintentionally. It is sad to see dementia overtake a loved one.

@kazu Sorry your BIL and niece have to fly home. I hope you get the Loftstrand crutches figured out, if needed.

@Vict0riann Prayers for Vicki's DH Bob and all the family. And great for Sheltie Rescue to pay for all the vet bills.

@luvteaching I'm glad to hear DH is progressing. I'll bet that stubborness aids in his recovery!

Stay safe everyone.

1652910513_024-11.6.19MazatlanCathedralfrontMazatlan.thumb.jpg.c84002a85fd5a9e697d404b5ab4047ea.jpg

1743197539_002-11.6.19CathedraloftheImmaulateConceptionMazatlan.thumb.jpg.1082cea55d64a0fc9595e97a9e77e272.jpg

1429577196_008-11.6.19MazatlanCathedralMazatlan.thumb.jpg.8a2fcf3fef6bea833d2850fac75546a3.jpg

At the Central Market

325475530_015-11.6.19FruitsatMercadoPinoSuarezmarketMazatlan.thumb.jpg.9a3fe689032d2cac356d93a9a972855c.jpg

1179344179_017-11.6.19PigheadsatcentralmarketMazatlan.thumb.jpg.bf7b9f7310568ba796e4fe389485fa91.jpg

1489865347_029-11.6.19PerformersatPlazaMachadoMazatlan.thumb.jpg.538e20f016aa3780c7bd5ba78f11e0f4.jpg

1064942551_031-11.6.19PerformersatPlazaMachadoMazatlan.thumb.jpg.4a59dcd319f5b13e450957d769c28c9e.jpg

1848229215_036-11.6.19MazatlanDayoftheDeaddecorations.thumb.jpg.b739c8f9b23ce0014dbe429d9141641f.jpg

1438672869_037-11.6.19MazatlanDayoftheDeaddecorations.thumb.jpg.f5324f30739093b472d33ed44bbefbe7.jpg

Flowers

330220836_047-11.6.19MazatlanBuildingsandFlowers.thumb.jpg.44156c54d429912085d3a036225a036b.jpg

Olas Atlas Beach

1725382647_050-11.6.19OlasAtlasBeachMazatlan.thumb.jpg.f172d53ca053fcd2ab2d972e6405dc5e.jpg

215192898_063-11.6.19MonumentoalaMujerMazatlecaontheMaleconMazatlan.thumb.jpg.4917d132224cd68787f422e32da13ca8.jpg

Cliff Divers

991964217_066-11.6.19CliffdiversatPuntadeClavadistas(NailsPoint)Mazatlan.thumb.jpg.e8316bb63dee618cb1b5ab86f65704b4.jpg

1729260926_072-11.6.19LaReinadelosMares(QueenoftheSeas)mermaidstatuePaseoClaussenpromenadeMazatln.thumb.jpg.374133a0b6c83f2a149b4262c11d62c2.jpg

Modern Mazatlan

2045194532_074-11.6.19ModernMazatln.thumb.jpg.3be2cced3da835933b5c8d47f31b4e81.jpg

Sunset

115868034_082-11.6.19SettingSunMazatlan.thumb.jpg.108887dd6fdc86ad971fd3a138b19dba.jpg

905135002_086-11.6.19SettingSunMazatlan.thumb.jpg.dc03f870cc2f49ef54fdb4924e847998.jpg

Interesting jetty

1922586482_090-11.6.19InterestingJettyMazatlan.thumb.jpg.90d5573d98bb025a585eef02b528bed0.jpg

Lovely photos Vanessa.

Graham.

• Like 7

Good morning and thanks all!   Such lovely photos from so many!  Sending caring thoughts to the many struggling, named or unnamed!  
@HAL Sailerhoping things settle for you soon!  
@kazu hope you can enjoy your cruise!  
@rafinmd enjoy!  
@Vict0riann nice news about the Sheltie rescue, my aunt had a lovely blue Merle 

We are currently dog sitting our lovely grand dog 

8F110B27-D112-48C2-94E4-E8CE20B1A513.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Happy Friday.   Much better news on my DB today.   I was there first thing in the morning so I could see him before he is transferred to rehab today.   I was there to see his final PT session where she was able to get him to use his walker to go to the bathroom.  His bleeding is just seeping now so he is allowed to leave the hospital.    He is on heparin to prevent pulmonary embolism so that causes just about any scratch to bleed.  He still has a lot of pain and the hospitalist told him until his bone infection clears he will have pain.  I just hope it clears soon. 

@rafinmdhave a good trip to FL on the train and enjoy your time there before boarding the Eurodam.  @kazuI hope that your foot is doing somewhat better and I am sorry some of your family had to return home.  Prayers for everyone who is dealing with family illness.  After a quiet period it sure has picked up. 

Many thanks for the Daily Fleet and Daily Reports.  Thanks for all of the contributions that make this group fun each day!  The photos of Mazatlan are wonderful and thanks to all who have shared them.  I hope to make it there someday.    @dfishSafe travels to Michigan today!   I hope you have many happy years in your new home.  It is exciting to make a move to a place you want to go to.   Have a great Friday! 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Thanks to everyone for their photos of Mazatlan.  It's a nice Mexican port to visit.

@Crazy For Catsnice cat photo.  Better be careful not to pack one of them.🧳🐈

@bennybear what a handsome/beautiful grand dog!  ((Wouldn't want to offend him/her with an improper adjective!))😁

• Like 10

Good afternoon.  DH and I had a long text conversation, then he got tired of texting and called.  He said the morning PT was good but very tiring.  I could see why since he walked 4 times as much as he has ever done in rehab.  He only has 30 minutes of PT or OT this afternoon.  He might also be tired since he stayed up to watch the Astros win last night.  He's usually been asleep much earlier.

So far, we've gotten about 1/10 inch of rain and not really bad winds or hard rain.  We are still under a tornado watch with a chance of severe storms between 2:30 and 5 pm.  The storms could also have hail, so I'm glad I moved the car to a neighbors port.

Right now, I'm enjoying my daily ration of chocolate in celebration of Candy Day.  

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Jacqui, I'm sorry your DBIL and niece will be flying home tomorrow morning instead of boarding the ship with you.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nice collection of photos Lenda.

Graham.

Thank you, Graham.

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Sad about your DBIL, Jacqui, @kazu!  And all the others we have on our Cares list.  For which, thank you Roy, and also thanks to Rich for the Fleet Report and Daily news, and the F&B ladies for the information!  DD usually makes us a batch of cioppino for dinner on Christmas Eve.  Delish.

My cousin Vicki's funeral will be on November 8.  Her DH, Bob, is sad, so evidently is aware of what has happened.  Her two Sheltie rescues have gone to another Sheltie Rescue lady who just lost her last Sheltie, and Sheltie Rescue of California is going to pay all their vet bills for the rest of their lives, nice of them, don't you think?

Nothing much here.  It is a dark and dreary day.  We tried yesterday to upgrade our stateroom to a verandah on the holiday cruise, but all verandahs and suites are sold out.  It's going to be a full ship - I don't think they are setting aside Covid isolation rooms any more.  We waited just a bit too long - we had hoped our Covid FCC would come through, but it hasn't yet.  But we'll be on board with friends, and that's what we're looking forward to.

Ann, it is good that Vickie's DH is aware of her passing.  It must be very hard for him.  On the other hand, how nice that a lady could give Vicki's shelties a home after losing her sheltie.  It was very nice  of the Sheltie Rescue of California to pay all the vet bills for the rest of their lives.  We've see several examples of people going above and beyond the last few days.  

2 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Afternoon,  I brought down our bags and Jasper had to inspect. 

20221104_121941.thumb.jpg.19fcefabb951f858b151971c44b51ebd.jpg

Jake, Jasper is a very handsome cat.

1 hour ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning from a very wet and windy Pacific Northwest! 

DH is making progess slowly but surely. Wednesday he was up in the parallel bars and walked 14 feet. Yesterday he did 21 feet. He is still struggling with transferring from the bed to wheelchair and back. Walking would be easier if he didn't have the boot on but that's life. Now idea on time line yet but at leas there's some progress. He's also more alert, talkative, etc. and he's stubborn. I think his therapists are getting tired of "I want to do it myself!". 

Karen

Karen, that is good news that your DH is making progress.  Slow but steady seems to be the order of the day with PT.  I agree that his stubbornness may be helping him with the PT.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Stay safe everyone.

At the Central Market

Flowers

Olas Atlas Beach

Cliff Divers

Modern Mazatlan

Sunset

Interesting jetty

Vanessa, I'm glad that third injection in your knee is behind  you, and I hope it helps.  Storms since you picture of the jetty were taken have taken a toll on the jetty and the light tower.  This was what we saw on December 1, 2021 as we sailed from Mazatlán

DSC09526.thumb.JPG.c701443bfeb3d73813165b2418c1bb66.JPG

30 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Happy Friday.   Much better news on my DB today.   I was there first thing in the morning so I could see him before he is transferred to rehab today.   I was there to see his final PT session where she was able to get him to use his walker to go to the bathroom.  His bleeding is just seeping now so he is allowed to leave the hospital.    He is on heparin to prevent pulmonary embolism so that causes just about any scratch to bleed.  He still has a lot of pain and the hospitalist told him until his bone infection clears he will have pain.  I just hope it clears soon. 

@rafinmdhave a good trip to FL on the train and enjoy your time there before boarding the Eurodam.  @kazuI hope that your foot is doing somewhat better and I am sorry some of your family had to return home.  Prayers for everyone who is dealing with family illness.  After a quiet period it sure has picked up. 

Many thanks for the Daily Fleet and Daily Reports.  Thanks for all of the contributions that make this group fun each day!  The photos of Mazatlan are wonderful and thanks to all who have shared them.  I hope to make it there someday.    @dfishSafe travels to Michigan today!   I hope you have many happy years in your new home.  It is exciting to make a move to a place you want to go to.   Have a great Friday! 

Nancy, that is good news that your DB is walking better and was able to be transferred to rehab.  I am sending positive thoughts that the infection clears up quickly, so that his pain lessens.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1