The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday November 11th, 2022

richwmn

Veterans Day

Today is Angola Independence Day, Origami Day, and National Education Day

You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.--Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

Meal Suggestion for today - Braised Trout in Chilli Bean Sauce (Dou Ban Yu)
Drink of the Day - Makers Mark Paper Plane
Wine of the Day - Moulin de la Roque 2017 Les Hauts du Vallon Red (Bandol) Provence
Destination of the Day - Manaus, Brazil

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Puerto Limon, Costa Rica eta 11/13

Koningsdam

Ensenada, Baja California Mexico 18:00 - 23:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Cozumel, Quintana Roo Mexico, Riviera Maya 11:00 - 23:00

Nieuw Statendam

Bimini Sands Resort, Bahamas

Oosterdam

Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal 07:00 - 20:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Philipsburg St Maarten, Netherlands Antilles eta 11/12

Volendam

At Sea Destination Ponta Delgada, Azores, Portugal

Zaandam

Dar Es Salaam, TZ

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 11/17

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Sydney, NSW Australia 07:00 - 16:00

Westerdam

Dunedin, Port Chalmers, New Zealand 08:00 - 18:00

1111Atlantic.thumb.png.89fb76a37d768f1bd2f67646980e954a.png

1111Pacific.thumb.png.b545bb0c0d27ba8bb9dc9a09fba97c62.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 11

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

We call it Remembrance Day in Canada.  My father-in-law was a tank driver in World War II.  He was injured in France in 1944, he died in 1984.  We will remember him today and all the men and women who serve in the Armed Forces.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Happy Veterans day to my fellow Vets and thanks for your service.

Strange quote.

I love trout but not sure with chili bean sauce. 

Things calming down in Florida and we have great weather coming up, just wish I could play golf but have to get this finger healed.

Thanks for The Daily, stay well and have a great day.

Added some photos from my Air Force days 1965-1969.

6F7A181D-A6BB-4D7C-8E97-F7D1728B1004.jpeg

51F9D705-7B68-4D81-8366-CC41904A2692.jpeg

286E5AC4-00A9-4E07-9052-EF10060EB09A.jpeg

C9627758-C1BA-425E-8B41-B771B8E3F7E6.jpeg

EB517023-E30E-4064-9DB0-FE0AF507C080.jpeg

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 11

Good afternoon from a windy but mild 17°C North East England.

Today is Armistice Day in the UK where a 2 minutes silence was observed at 11am.

My grandfather was gassed at the Somme but survived.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

3 important days also today.

Interesting quote.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

I hope everyone is well but prayers 🙏 for those who are not.

Graham.

Screenshot_20221111_114628.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 4

We will be in today's port next month.   Can't wait to see the photo's.

Maker's Mark Paper Plane cocktail:

Ingredients
3/4 part Maker's Mark® Bourbon
3/4 part Aperol® Aperitif
3/4 part Amaro® Nonino
3/4 part Lemon Juice
Garnish: Lemon Peel

Instructions
Add all ingredients to an ice filled shaker, and shake until well chilled. Double strain into coupe glass. Garnish with a lemon peel.

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 6.50.19 AM.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 9

Good morning and a heartfelt thank you to all our veterans. Well, we didn’t get any of the much needed rain from Nicole. It was very close but just a tad East. Looking at the erosion and damage along the shoreline in Daytona Beach area is an eye opener and so sad. Currently 66 degrees and will reach mid seventies today.

I bought a Dyson Air Purifier yesterday in hopes of helping with my constant allergies. Didn’t work still woke up stuffy! Maybe it takes a few days.

Not much on the agenda today but I do need to start thinking of what I’m going to pack for our upcoming trip to California. Such overwhelming pressure!🤔

Thanks for the Fleet Report and to all who contribute.

Have a great day!

Bruce

• Like 23

Thank you for your service Veterans!

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! Though sunny and lovely here, I can still see the very outer bands of Nicole rotating off to the West. It is surreal. Bindi was happy not to have to dodge rain this morning. 

Thank you for keeping our lists & taking us along, Roy!  I am heading out to pick up the small branches that are scattered around the yard, then off to the gym for one class. 

C22EC042-2F1D-4367-AD78-2D1F43E3BC65.jpeg.ad96945801deee180e605b7f0a5fc702.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating. Stay well everyone!

Moulin de la Roque 2017 Les Hauts du Vallon Red (Bandol) Provence

I would love to try this red. I have enjoyed Mourvèdre as part of a GSM blend, but never as the star of the show. It is a bit elusive, but I found a couple of online distributors with prices starting at $23.99.

Distributor notes 

Moulin de la Roque is our new producer in Bandol making superb value wines. The calling card of Bandol is its noble grape variety Mourvedre: a notoriously difficult variety to ripen. Bandol has 3,000 hours of sunshine a year, with a climate tempered by the Mediterranean wind, the Mistral, allowing the grapes to reach maximum ripeness with freshness. This wine is 95% Mourvedre with 5% Carignan. Black fruits with notes of scorched earth, cocoa powder, Mediterranean herbs with a structure built from powerful tannins and fresh acidity.

93 Wine Enthusiast. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 5

Good morning to all. It is warm and humid here with a lot of rain from Nicole coming our way. I was able to manage a short dog walk earlier before the deluge starts.

Our twin grandchildren turn twelve today and have always felt special about a Veterans Day birthday. There are so many in our family who served their country and I am thinking of all of them this morning.

I like trout but I think I will pass on the chili beans. We made  a vegetable lasagna yesterday for today and I feel very free from kitchen duties as a result.

@Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, I was horrified by what occurred with your DH in the hospital yesterday. It just sounded so very wrong.I hope things improve for both of you today.Sending a big hug to you as well.

@rafinmd, Roy, I am happy to see that you are on the Eurodam and hope you have a very enjoyable cruise.

The news last night from the Daytona beach area was just so awful. The waves must have been gigantic to cause so much damage.

Terry

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning to all. It is warm and humid here with a lot of rain from Nicole coming our way. I was able to manage a short dog walk earlier before the deluge starts.

Our twin grandchildren turn twelve today and have always felt special about a Veterans Day birthday. There are so many in our family who served their country and I am thinking of all of them this morning.

I like trout but I think I will pass on the chili beans. We made  a vegetable lasagna yesterday for today and I feel very free from kitchen duties as a result.

@Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, I was horrified by what occurred with your DH in the hospital yesterday. It just sounded so very wrong.I hope things improve for both of you today.Sending a big hug to you as well.

@rafinmd, Roy, I am happy to see that you are on the Eurodam and hope you have a very enjoyable cruise.

The news last night from the Daytona beach area was just so awful. The waves must have been gigantic to cause so much damage.

Terry

Happy birthday to your twin grandchildren.

animated-happy-birthday-image-0089.gif.156a6101332730bcd0b4752a4f45232b.gif

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  Happy Veteran's Day to all our Dailyite veterans, as well as all in my own family.  We thank you all for your service to our country!  We've been getting rain on and off since yesterday noon.  It might stop around 2 pm today and right now the winds aren't bad at all.  I hope everyone has been safe from Nicole so far.  Thanks Rich @richwmnfor the Daily.  I see Volendam is slowly making her way over to the U.S.  We are supposed to see Manaus on the upcoming cruise like Dixie @summer slopesaid.  I'll post the link to the last time Rich posted it on March 27, 2021.  We have tried to get there at least 3 or 4 times and hopefully this will be the time it happens.  Does anyone feel that it is unsafe to walk around in Manaus?  I'd rather not take a tour into the jungles or into the water (pink dolphins), so wanted to stick around the city instead.  Thanks for any advice or photos today.  I may go back and read what was said back in 2021 and look at the photos there.

Today as Rich said, is Angola Independence Day which should be celebrated.  Not a fan of origami, but always support education.  I hope districts start going back to the basics because our young ones are going further down the hole in what they are being taught these days.  Teachers are trying hard but are restricted in what they can teach anymore.  Parents are going to have to pick up the slack.  

Not a fan of the quote, the menu suggestion, drink or red wine.  I'm a simple person obviously.  😁  I have said my prayers already for our Care list people and hope you feel them coming your way.  Cheers to the people cruising and those with happiness in their lives.  Terry @smitty34877congrats to your 12 year old twin granddaughters today!  I thought having my son on 11/11 would be a great birthday but it turned out he arrived the following morning, so happy birthday wishes to him tomorrow.  No mail delivery today everyone so no need to watch for that mail carrier!

Here's Rich's post last year including Manaus photos.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Very early good morning from the West Coast.  I'm restless because my "cold" seems to have gone to my chest -- so coughing etc.  

I do very much want to thank all of our veterans for their service.  

And also.... @Quartzsite CruiserLenda, I hope you got some rest and that things straighten themselves out today.  Maybe there was confusion between day shift and night shift?  We've experienced that before.  Prayers are with you and DH.  You must be so very stressed out.

@smitty34877, Happy Birthday to your grandchildren.  That is nice to have a birthday on Veteran's Day.  

Thanks, Rich, for the Daily.  Wishing everyone a blessed day.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

We were on the road all day yesterday and are currently in Petersburg va with family. Great weather for driving and not a lot of traffic on the roads we drive. 62nd birthday of a nephew visiting from Germany on Saturday and a 62nd wedding anniversary for his aunt, my dh’s sister. Quite the event 62 years ago.

lenda, just read about your issues yesterday. Hopefully things can be resolved in your dh’s favour today. I can’t seem to make the blue bubble work.

we got rain here in va overnight from Nicole and we are currently under a tornado watch. Weird weather.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone.

It will be a much cooler day here in mid-Michigan.  I may never be without Cardbordeaux here.  The party store is an easy walk from home.  I walked up there yesterday and then walked through a shopping center to make a long route to walk.  There is a restaurant for breakfast along the way should I choose to eat out.  McDonald's is along that route as well.  Today I'll explore in the opposite direction.  I was drawn to check that stuff out yesterday.  Whenever I walk to the end of my street I can smell the food from the restaurant.  Yesterday I could identify it as toast.  

Today's meal sounds quite interesting.  I bet  you would get a wonderful explosion of flavor from the bean sauce.  If you are not a fan of trout you can substitute a fish to your liking.  You may have to scour the Asian markets for some of the ingredients.  Shoaxing wine may be difficult to find.  If so, you can substitute dry sherry.  https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/braised-trout-in-chilli-bean-sauce-em-dou-ban-yu-em-51147400

1169623445_braisedtrout1.jpg.5f02c9cf2d9b8c4dd2062a6c95b46fe9.jpg

This next one is made with mackerel.   https://blog.themalamarket.com/fish-in-chili-bean-sauce-pixian-douban-yu/

857373493_braisedtrout2.jpg.8b642be43e5d6551f26f46b591387381.jpg

This last one uses a mild, flaky white fish that is steamed rather than fried.  https://thewoksoflife.com/fish-w-spicy-bean-sauce-douban-yu/

248494648_braisedtrout3.thumb.jpg.f9f01c847df69803337cc973427e10d0.jpg

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda, thinking of you and your DH today and hoping all goes smoothly.  

Wishing everyone a great day today.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 7

Good Friday Morning Dailyites!  It is very warm and humid outside.  I mean warm.  Last night was quite cold, I was working and DH was watching a movie, and the phone rang.  Our neighbor wanted to know why there were so many fire trucks in front of our house.  Well, actually there were six on our street, and two at the bottom of the street blocking the street.

My theory is, as last night was COLD that one of the houses up the street had a problem turning the gas on....I thought that maybe they wanted to go on strike and hang out in a dull neighborhood, as no one appeared to be doing anything, but as we all came out of our houses to see what was going on, more and more firefighters got out of trucks. Chuck asked one of the fire fighters if there was a problem, the fire fighter said , "no, not now"

I love origami, the art of paper folding.

origami-cats-9b.jpg?resize=696%2C498

I wish i had the patience to do it myself.

@dfishThank you for the recipes. I have to admit I love my Georgia trout, just cooked in the campfire pan.  It is such a mild fish.  But these all look great!

To all who served, thank you.   

69b742ac77bda0cedaa4cb8384dc282a--garfield-tgif.jpg

• Like 24
  • Haha 2

Good morning Dailyites. Thankful for our veterans. My husband is a 20 year veteran. 

Today was to be a ceremony out at the Veterans Memorial here in Sun City but had to move it inside due to weather.

We were supposed to have our couple's pedicures this morning and meet our Cav guys and wives for lunch but our sweet friends mom passed away last night, so I'm not sure what's up yet.

Prayers lifted for Roy's Care List and added on my own. Lenda I'm sorry for the confusion with DH. 

Wishing everyone a blessed day. 

• Like 23

Good morning on this very wet and rainy day.  Sending ((((HUGS)))) to all those celebrating and to all those who need one, especially @Quartzsite Cruiser.

A very reverent and heartfelt thank you to all who served and lost their lives in war on this Remembrance, Veterans, and Armistice Day.  My first husband was in the military and died on duty so I always have him in my prayers on this day too.  Hoping everyone has a peaceful day today.

55D4EDC8-9481-4535-A29B-1FB24E731510.jpeg.685444583d94f765586fae67eba402aa.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

My son just sent pictures of the twins  opening their gifts.Thanks for the birthday wishes for them!

10459.jpeg

10461.jpeg

I beg your pardon for saying happy birthday to your granddaughters earlier -- I misread your post.  It appears your family was blessed with boy and girl twins!  I hope they have a wonderful day!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1