When did Boleros become the extended family party space?

On Wonder now, was on Harmony two weeks ago...

Noticed on both sailings that there is/was a "takeover" by extended family (think 4 generations here). The folks get there around 5:30 or 6 and rearrange the furniture, pull in all of the strollers and bring down pillows so they can pull chairs together for the little ones to sleep later in the evening. Plates of food start rolling in around 7 and the party gets going from there.

18 bar seats on Wonder and to my amazement 12 of them were occupied by tweens ordering virgin frozen drinks at 8:30 last night.

I know it's tough to keep all of these kids entertained but sleeping in an entertainment venue is a bit of a stretch.

I am over the big ships while kids sail free (back to Celebrity with hopes all the old folks are sailing) 🙂

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bead Pirate said:

Noticed on both sailings that there is/was a "takeover" by extended family (think 4 generations here). The folks get there around 5:30 or 6 and rearrange the furniture, pull in all of the strollers and bring down pillows so they can pull chairs together for the little ones to sleep later in the evening. Plates of food start rolling in around 7 and the party gets going from there.

18 bar seats on Wonder and to my amazement 12 of them were occupied by tweens ordering virgin frozen drinks at 8:30 last night.

I know it's tough to keep all of these kids entertained but sleeping in an entertainment venue is a bit of a stretch.

I am over the big ships while kids sail free (back to Celebrity with hopes all the old folks are sailing) 🙂

WOW. JUST WOW...☹️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Two weeks on Quantum and the only time we set foot in Bolero's was for turn around day as that is where they had us gathering. 

Why? There is all kind of music and trivia there.

We love Latin bands.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Two weeks on Quantum and the only time we set foot in Bolero's was for turn around day as that is where they had us gathering. 

On Quantum first week of Oct. Absolutely packed every night, almost as loud as the music hall. Walked past and never went in.  I will say I loved Vintages, one of the quietest venues on the ship. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bead Pirate said:

Not sure I follow the hi-lighted item. What difference would it make how old they  are.  I've been known to order a Diet Coke or two in Boleros.  Good thing I'm not a teen.  😀

Pulling chairs together for kid naps seems a little over the top.  I can see families wanting to enjoy the evening, but there are some limits I think.  At least it was not an entire takeover, or you would not have been there from 5:30 to late at night to witness it all.    

• Like 1

I am so glad that has not happened on Enchantment (at least not during our four cruises this year). We really appreciate the excellent band, for listening and for dancing.  We spent every evening there.  Once or twice a family with a toddler came by, and perhaps let the child boogie a bit on the dance floor while no adults were dancing, then moved along. Several Latin extended families were evident from time to time, but they were much more courteous; nothing like the takeover described above.  

;

After reading the first post, I thought DH and I have to see this takeover of Boleros.  So we specifically went to Boleros on Wonder last evening.  It looked normal to me.  Chairs were mostly in place (just the usual shifting here and there).  No big group. 🤷‍♀️

17 hours ago, Bead Pirate said:

They don’t do the kids sail free for the newest ships fyi.  So this has nothing to do with that.  

So for this post, I see that some people don't think extended families can't hang together, in their favorite place?  

Next I learned from this post is that that the Spanish culture, is not allowed to be loud and have fun, with their normal customs? 

Lastly, I learned that kids can't join parents with enjoyment, and listening to music?  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

My issue is the venue is too small and in a location that interferes with nearby venues with very loud music.

I think the venue needs to be enclosed and bigger because if across in the karaoke place or at pizza area the loud thumping bass just overtakes and drowns out other music or conversation. Especially on Oasis class.

4 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

My issue is the venue is too small and in a location that interferes with nearby venues with very loud music.

I think the venue needs to be enclosed and bigger because if across in the karaoke place or at pizza area the loud thumping bass just overtakes and drowns out other music or conversation. Especially on Oasis class.

But it is a music place, and people like loud music, and thumping base.  Plenty of other places for quite, and conversation on Oasis Class.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

That's a great point. I've noticed that too. 

25 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Some people may not be comfortable doing this, but if there are kids in a bar and you don’t want them around, just start talking loudly and frequently curse. That is usually enough for at least responsible parents to take their kids somewhere else. 

Or one can always talk about two great conversation starters, politics and religion 😉 Preferably loudly and how stupid the opposite politicians (in your opinion is) or how naive and primitive other religions than your own are...

• Haha 1