The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday December 8th, 2022

richwmn

Today is Immaculate Conception Day, National Blue Collar Day, and National Brownie Day

When I look at my room, I see a girl who loves books.--John Green, Looking for Alaska

Meal Suggestion for today - Tomato Soup with Parmesan Crostini
Drink of the Day - Front Porch Peach Tea
Wine of the Day - Sterling 2019 Vintner's Collection Chardonnay (California) California Other
Destination of the Day - Willemstad, Curacao

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 12/10

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 12/10

Nieuw Amsterdam

St Thomas Island USVI, Charlotte Amalie, US Virgin Islands 08:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Statendam

Georgetown, Grand Cayman Island eta 12/9

Oosterdam

Puerto Montt, Chile 08:00 - 17:00

Rotterdam

Basseterre, Saint Kitts

Volendam

Sea Day Destination Bridgetown Barbados Eta 12/10

Zaandam

Dakar, Senegal

Zuiderdam

Dry Dock Freeport, Bahamas Completion 12/14

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Kangaroo Island, Penneshaw, South Australia 08:00 - 18:00

Westerdam

Melbourne, Australia

1208World.thumb.png.ec890e259f8bff635faf237531e8befb.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 12

Front Porch Peach Tea cocktail:

Ingredients
3/4 part DeKuyper® Peachtree® Schnapps Liqueur
4 parts Iced Tea
1 1/4 parts Jim Beam Black®
Garnish with Lemon Wedges

Instructions
Build ingredients in order listed over ice in a tall highball glass. Garnish with lemon wedge.

Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 6.58.31 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 11

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

I think I'll make brownies.😁

Not sure about the quote.

The meal sounds good, but I'm going to make a chicken pot pie.

The drink sound good too, thanks for the recipe.

Hope the wine isn't too oaky.

We were in Curacao years ago on a partial Panama Canal cruise.  It was our only Caribbean cruise, it was too hot! 

Prayers for everyone.  Hope there are lots of celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 23

Good Morning, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Definitely a big fan of brownies and the drink of the day is tempting.  I may make today’s meal suggestion my lunch today.  It’s a nice warm day, for this time of year, but will be stuck inside working.

A throw back Thursday picture.  This is from San Juan. It was our last cruise before the shutdown.  It’s the Veendam in the background.  It’s also the cruise that got us to 5*.  

image.png.13c3f4891bcd359c05263493f31d5636.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

I wore a suit most of my life but hats off for manual(blue collar workers).

Nice food today.

We visited Curacao one of the ABC islands on our Crown Princess cruise in Jan 2007.

Best wishes for everyone on Roy's care list.

Wishing everyone has a lovely day.

• Like 23

Thank you Rich. for the penultimate single-digit Fleet Report and Daily of 2022.  We don't celebrate Immaculate Conception Day but owe a lot to our Blue Collar Workers.  I wonder if National Brownie Day is the food or the young Girl Scouts.  Curacao is a great port but I've had a history at ending up in the crummiest berth.  I like the Green quote.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Chilled Anjou Pear Soup, Perfectly Grilled Breast of Chicken, and Rhubarb Crisp as served on MS Prinsendam December 8, 2013.

Today’s care list:

RIP CruzinTerri neighbor Jane
lazey1 with post cruise Covid
Tana with pneumonia hoping for continuing results from new antibiotic
Cruising along severe flu
Otahand7 DB back in hospital but rehab continuing
From the rotation:
Granham upcoming appointments December 12 and 13
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)
HAL Sailer Sister in Law with aggressive cancer therapy
Cruisin Terri leak damage

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Time person of the year Volodymyr Zelenskyy
Work in progress on Cruzin Terri’s house
Erewhon and lazey1 back on Cruise Critic
The end of the US Open Enrollment
Power back in Moore County
Quartzite Cruizer DH doing great at home
3 days for Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam 12/11 to 1/25/23)
2 days for Cruisin Terri (Insignia 12/10 to 12/28)
Lady Hudson (Enchantment OTS,  to 12/9), RedbeckBob (Nieuw Statendam to 12/17),   Dobiemom (Discovery Princess  to 12/10), Mister67 (Nieuw Amsterdam to 12/11) SusiekIslandGirl (Island Princess to 12/12)  StLouisCruiser  and Summer Slope (Volendam  to 12/17) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam  to 1/14/23), and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12/23) at sea

Roy

• Like 25
  • Thanks 12

Good cool morning, the rain has stopped. 
It is a sad morning in Schuylkill county Pa. Two firefighters were killed in a house fire yesterday afternoon near Tamaqua. Zachary Paris and Marvin Gruber both were volunteers with the New Tripoli station. FF Paris was also a career FF with Frederick county Maryland.💔💔

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 21

Good morning friends from the Atlantic Ocean and Volendam.  We are moving right along at 22 knots trying to get back on schedule after the low water problems of the Amazon.  It looks lovely outside.  DS and family are back in Michigan after spending 5 days in the Palm Springs area at a scouting event for soccer.  Hoping to get a full report from him soon though DH checks scores online, etc. 

Thank you Rich @richwmnfor Today's Daily and Fleet Report.  We appreciate it!  Thank you Roy @rafinmdfor documenting the highs and lows of our lives.  Jane @lazey1so sorry to read you returned from your cruise with the Covid virus.  Get well soon!  Terri @Cruzin Terrihave a great trip knowing your house is rapidly being put back together now.  And @Cruising-alongprayers that your severe flu is soon overcome.  Prayers for everyone on our Care list and cheers to those on the Celebration list. 

Willemstad, Curacao was port of the day last time on Sept. 18, 2021 and here is a link to Rich's post that day.  What a lovely port it is!

We've only been to Willemstad, Curacao twice, 2016 on our Westerdam Panama Canal cruise and in 2019 on our Rotterdam Western and Southern Caribbean cruise.  Such a pretty and interesting place!  

From our 2016 stop I took photos from the ship just before our late departure.  They really know how to highlight their unique city.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLpU-1DPktRJ-h7B9NeEjqD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124737

The Queen Emma pedestrian Bridge, also known as "The Swinging Old Lady".00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI8vzPMf5ZVkMxf-DE_yUmn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124732

Known for its colorful buildings of course00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIGiAwkQoCDJNR04u06KO3g?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124500

This was my favorite color building and I had to compliment the man working on it.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKLK_8PfxBrKjLNIAqbv6Y_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124467

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLNaAgWvG4V67O_u_sIi1qr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460124450

This was the view from our docking spot on the Rotterdam in February, 2019.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLS769uh8GoqCPt6OoCsjyu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551119935

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKb1gCJY7E0AdUmkl_fEvD2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551119944

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKIZWXfZxTF_jI4zEcUZh-l?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551119954

We walked across the pedestrian bridge and then it began to swing to the side to make way for a ship coming through.  It went under the taller bridge behind it first.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKM7hG0CyT-BtSHhfm-dPbL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551120041

And there it goes past the Queen Emma bridge.  That's the Rotterdam in the background.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVInRR7K1hFMMKFzRQRi_tWf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551118345

More COLOR!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJtQZxUKTQXqu3NKhH-NPc9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551118356

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLAxycTHLTXttZql4J__IFX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551120066

Here's the local Love Locks.  Trying to keep them off the swinging bridge I would suppose.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIVU-8QNNHW9_1b9pFbTXHl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551120074

Heading back across the pedestrian bridge to our ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIz6aNm9IxqgY1F_ZdiZwK6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551120082

It would be great to be back in Curacao soon.  Unfortunately that is not one of the stops at the end of this cruise.  We are stopping in Aruba though after Barbados.

By the way, there are cases of Covid on this cruise.  One of the Ocean Bar Band is out with it so entertainment is a bit lacking.  Also a couple we met who are very careful about Covid transmission say their server at dinner is out and he is an important part of her dietary selections.  Hoping very much that they don't come down with it too.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 9

1 minute ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good cool morning, the rain has stopped. 
It is a sad morning in Schuylkill county Pa. Two firefighters were killed in a house fire yesterday afternoon near Tamaqua. Zachary Paris and Marvin Gruber both were volunteers with the New Tripoli station. FF Paris was also a career FF with Frederick county Maryland.💔💔

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

Sorry I didn't see this as it posted same time as my post. 

My condolences and prayers for the families and friends of your two firefighters lost fighting a fire.  The work of our first responders should always be appreciated.🙏😢

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! Bindi and I had a long walk this morning. The full moon was just setting as we headed out. A bit cooler this morning. And the deer were on the move.

@rafinmdRoy, you haven’t mentioned how you are doing the past couple of days, so I hope this means you are definitely improving. My evening out with friends was so much fun. We hadn’t been to the wine bar for awhile because trying to synchronize our schedules with holidays & life in general has been crazy. So we were given the royal welcome by the owners.  Enjoyed an amazing Grenache from Australia and a wonderful selection of cheeses. 

Today looks to be another beautiful day, so I will get out in the yard. Then this evening I have my H.I.I.T. Class. I will say workouts on garage floors & decorating for Christmas are tough on manicures. 

5FD24757-C23D-4F2B-A13D-B1F2EB4BA5D1.jpeg.816b461c6db3d287684d8f1aa1b640cf.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @1ANGELCATextra prayers for the two firefighters, their families and the community.  

Cheers to all who are celebrating. Stay well everyone. 

Sterling 2019 Vintner's Collection Chardonnay (California) California

Might be a tad too oaky for some, but this Chardonnay has great consumer and critic reviews. Widely available with online prices starting at a reasonable $9.99.

Distributor’s Notes

Sterling Vineyards has earned a reputation throughout the world for producing wines with true character. This 2013 chardonnay is no stranger to that distinction. This classic white wine has aromas, flavors and textures that are unique, thanks to each grape being developed in a different region of vineyards. If you’re looking for a wine with personality and great taste to enhance any occasion, place your order for Sterling Vinter’s Collection Chardonnay online at Vine Republic. 

Sterling Vineyards has earned worldwide prominence for wines of true varietal character-that unique set of aromas, flavors, and textures that each grape variety develops in distinctive vineyard terroirs. Their wines enhance any occasion with exquisite varietal expression, inviting personality, and impeccable taste.

Wine Enthusiast
  • WE90

A generous Bartlett pear aroma and quite ripe flavors of pear and banana are accented by butter and vanilla notes in this full-bodied, well-balanced and smooth-textured wine. It's one of many great values in Sterling's current Vintner's Collection line.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 8

56 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

HAL Sailer Sister in Law with aggressive cancer therapy

I'm asking additional prayers for DSIL. Her infusion port has failed and could not be used at her last infusion.

Tomorrow, the doctor will remove and replace it. For that, she had to come off the high dose blood thinners she was prescribed for AFib and increased when her jugular blood clot was found.

Friday's procedure could be precarious. Will there be complicated bleeding? Will she have uncontrollable AFib? Will her jugular blood clot break lose?

At this juncture, I am drawn to pray for her medical team's wisdom and that my DSIL will be in God's tender care tomorrow -- whatever the outcome.

-Melisa

Edited by HAL Sailer
typo
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 24

2 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

I'm asking additional prayers for DSIL. Her infusion port has failed and could not be used at her last infusion.

Tomorrow, the doctor will remove and replace it. For that, she had to come off the high dose blood thinners she was prescribed for AFib and increased when her jugular blood clot was found.

Friday's procedure could be precarious. Will there be complicated bleeding? Will she have uncontrollable AFib? Will her jugular blood clot break lose?

At this juncture, I am drawn to pray for her medical team's wisdom and that my DSIL will be in God's tender care tomorrow -- whatever the outcome.

-Melisa

Melisa, praying that your DSIL’s medical team help your DSIL.

• Like 15

Thanks for our Thursday Daily, Rich.

Great collection of days with many reasons to celebrate - for me it’s Blue Collar day as those workers are invaluable and often under appreciated.

Not sure about the quote but today’s meal sounds like a great idea 👍 Curacao is just a lovely spot.  DH and I always enjoyed a visit there and some of the best calamari we had tasted in some time 🙂 

My hairdresser had this on his wall when I was there Tuesday.  Loved it!

E3254B9A-11E0-4920-8555-9EC1DFB67222.thumb.jpeg.00456ca1c74a17bb2ceb63fa4da29f4c.jpeg

I was in a bad place and didn’t get back to the Daily yesterday.  Apologies.  Now, I’m behind the 8 ball and need to get my act together desperately.

59CBEED6-2C2B-431C-A9BD-F438933F7033.jpeg.62e0c5be824ecd582d8d991544e00490.jpeg

So sorry to hear @lazey1 came down with covid 😔 hoping for a quick recovery 🙏🏻

@Cruzin TerriSorry to hear of the loss of your neighbour, Jane.  Prayers for her, her family and you and your fellow neighbours 🙏🏻

@HAL SailerI am so sorry to hear things are so precarious for your DSIL.  Definitely there are lots of prayers for your DSIL 🙏🏻 

@1ANGELCATSo sorry to hear of the 2 firefighters who lost their lives 😔 My condolences and prayers for them, their families and friends 🙏🏻 

@seagarsmokerSorry to hear that covid is still kicking you 😞 I hope the doctors can help and you can recover soon.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

5B1F0193-AF64-4628-94C5-3FF3F98F032B.thumb.jpeg.f133dac8dcc8b9bca2411f1d627a21c5.jpeg

Have a good Thursday everyone and stay safe.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3

Good morning, everyone!  

Such sad news about the firefighters in Pennsylvania.  Prayers for their families at this difficult time.  Also, prayers for @HAL Sailer's DSIL.  Also prayers for those battling Covid - @lazey1 and @seagarsmoker.  Hoping that @Cruising-along Carolyn continues to improve.  Wow!  What a lot of sickness here.  Let's get well, folks!

This morning should be good for doing my laps.  Rain is coming in later this afternoon.  I'm also off to the Secretary of State's office to get license plates and a Michigan driver's license.  Then, I think, the move will be complete.  

Today's meal is a good one for all of the Dailyites fending off illness.  Grilled cheese and tomato soup were favorites as a kid.   This first one is a kosher recipe.  https://www.kosher.com/recipe/roasted-tomato-soup-with-parmesan-crostini-5507

1816390727_tomatosoupandcrostini1.jpg.1b4977183972651683ad3ccc6fdc55bd.jpg

Everyone's mom had the best recipe.  In our house, it was Campbell's.  We were kids and hadn't developed our palates yet.   https://www.thecookierookie.com/moms-tomato-soup-with-cheesy-crostini/

683380368_tomatosoupandcrostini2.thumb.jpg.f2e070855a980a22f3ca5e3f0f21946f.jpg

Lastly, Ree Drummond has her contribution to the recipe file.  https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a11985/tomato-soup-with-parmesan-croutons/

1910492192_tomatosoupandcrostini3.jpg.6830ea82e50f9cc0ce1f9792f6d4af00.jpg

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.  

• Like 21
  • Thanks 11

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Maybe it's a little early in the day for me, but when I saw Immaculate Conception Day, I thought - if that's today, howcome Jesus was born just a few days later . . . duh.  It's celebrating the conception of Mary and her birth 9 months later.  Need more coffee.

Definitely celebrate blue collar day; we appreciate those working the trades every day.  I happen to have a brownie mix that may just find it's way into the oven today.  It's time to start a bit of Christmas baking and brownies is a good way to begin.

Our temps have moderated again, with a morning temp of only -16C which means my face won't hurt when I go outside - yay!  Today I'm having lunch with a friend and colleague who has just announced her retirement date; I'm excited to see her again and can't wait to hear her plans for the future.

Prayers coming for so many today - @seagarsmokerand @lazey1get well soon; @Cruzin Terri sadness for your friend Jane's passing; @1ANGELCAT such horrible news about the loss of 2 firefighters; @HAL Sailer for your DSIL and her medical team as well.

A celebration as well, as our youngest DGS is turning 3 years old today - Happy Birthday Parker!  We can't wait to be with them in only a couple of weeks; he's a delightful child with a sunny disposition.  

I like today's menu suggestion, but will make a variation of it - we're going to have tomato bisque (fancy for:  I add canned milk to tomato soup), and grilled cheese sandwiches at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.  

Prayers for all who are hurting, cheers to everyone with celebrations happening.  Stay well, be safe.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. This will be short as I’m off to see my doctor. I received a phone yesterday from the medical clinic I went to in California. They reported that my rapid and lab Covid test were negative but the other swab they completed revealed I have bacterial streptococcal pneumonia! So will see what my doctor will do.

Thank for the report, list and post.

image.thumb.jpeg.fe4de87992247991615bc9718e726d9a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.81a5ad3dba5813526d5837f4c68e6842.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 11

16 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning. This will be short as I’m off to see my doctor. I received a phone yesterday from the medical clinic I went to in California. They reported that my rapid and lab Covid test were negative but the other swab they completed revealed I have bacterial streptococcal pneumonia! So will see what my doctor will do.

Thank for the report, list and post.

image.thumb.jpeg.fe4de87992247991615bc9718e726d9a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.81a5ad3dba5813526d5837f4c68e6842.jpeg

Geesh, Bruce! No wonder that cold knocked you for a loop. Get better, fast!

• Like 17