LIVE from the Koningsdam Holiday Sailing - Dec. 17th - Jan 7th - exploring my first Pinnacle Class ship 🤞

kazu

I will add my cheers that you are headed home with a repaired elbow although I know this has been a real ordeal for you. Certainly HAL bears responsibility here along with your insurance company. Hope you get home safely and with minimal stress and then can relax for awhile.

Sending very gentle cyber hugs.

Susan

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’m so glad you are headed home! I just looked at the general HAL forum only to learn that both Kathi and you have had medical debarks. What a shame to have your trip ruined, not to mention to endure a painful and scary situation.  I’ve followed both of you via “live from” posts for years, and will be praying for your healing.

Recently I was so pleased to read the 9/03/23 Newfoundland roll call and see you might be onboard. I know you were having doubts because of weather issues and were considering canceling. Selfishly I hope when the dust settles that you may be on that sailing.

Sending good wishes from me and a doggie kiss from Hearing Dog Raylene.

chris

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jacqui, We have been following your posts for quite some time and enjoyed all you have written.  Sorry to hear about your foot, and now your elbow.  Hope you heal quickly. Not sure about how the insurance thing works, did you have trip insurance?  I would think that with all that went wrong onboard, the fall, and the misdiagnosis that HAL would pay all expenses and give you trips for life.  

Best wishes, P&PNH

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jacqui - Thanks for your updates. I'm so sorry for all you have been through, 

but I'm glad you had a top orthopedic surgeon in PV and did not have sepsis.

I'm praying for you. Jose is very proud of you and he's watching over you. 

I'm glad you will be home today. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Betsy S.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jacqui @kazu I'm so glad you had a good orthopedic surgeon and are heading home. I hope you heal quickly. I was injured in 2008 on a cruise and had a fractured eye socket, which required surgery when I got home. The cruise line ignored me. I had to get a bulldog lawyer, who got me compensation eventually.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am happy to hear you are back at home and the surgery is over.  What an awful ordeal!

I want to echo several others here who have mentioned that perhaps HAL is at fault for the slippery floor causing your fall.  Did you have anyone that witnessed it that can help you in this regard?  It sounds like HAL should be responsible for all of this and making proper compensation.

Please take care of yourself, Jacqui - sending you cyber hugs and well wishes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for all of your kind words and caring.  I have no words to thank you all properly and apologize for he ‘dead’ live thread.

when i can do a bit more than 1 finger type, i will share some of my experiences and impressions of these 3 sailings on the King.

On 1/10/2023 at 11:32 AM, Caribbean Chris said:

I’m so glad you are headed home! I just looked at the general HAL forum only to learn that both Kathi and you have had medical debarks. What a shame to have your trip ruined, not to mention to endure a painful and scary situation.  I’ve followed both of you via “live from” posts for years, and will be praying for your healing.

Recently I was so pleased to read the 9/03/23 Newfoundland roll call and see you might be onboard. I know you were having doubts because of weather issues and were considering canceling. Selfishly I hope when the dust settles that you may be on that sailing.

Sending good wishes from me and a doggie kiss from Hearing Dog Raylene.

chris

Thanks Chris, i would love to meet you both and get a doggie kiss from Raylene.  Of course, i would wait until she is released and not working.

On 1/10/2023 at 11:38 AM, P&PNH said:

Jacqui, We have been following your posts for quite some time and enjoyed all you have written.  Sorry to hear about your foot, and now your elbow.  Hope you heal quickly. Not sure about how the insurance thing works, did you have trip insurance?  I would think that with all that went wrong onboard, the fall, and the misdiagnosis that HAL would pay all expenses and give you trips for life.  

Best wishes, P&PNH

I was pretty out of it after i fell honestly.  I hit my head pretty badly and while i could talk, i wasn’t with it, dazed and probably in shock.  Nurse thought i was tipsy. - i wasn’t. Did not mention the water - just said i slipped and fell. With the misdiagnosis, yes i feel they should pay.  I can’t prove the floor was wet,

19 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Exactly my thoughts.  Why isn’t HAL picking up the tab for this?

Terri

See above.  They tried to foist the blame on me but final report does not.

16 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Jacqui @kazu I'm so glad you had a good orthopedic surgeon and are heading home. I hope you heal quickly. I was injured in 2008 on a cruise and had a fractured eye socket, which required surgery when I got home. The cruise line ignored me. I had to get a bulldog lawyer, who got me compensation eventually.

Thanks.  Once you succeeded, did the cruise line let you sail with them again (one of m worries)

On 1/10/2023 at 9:21 AM, highscar said:

Speaking from experience. If you have an accident on board at the fault   of the ship, HAL pays all expenses.  

I obviously did something wrong

On 1/10/2023 at 10:44 AM, canyousayvacation said:

Jacqui- I am so sorry to hear about your injury. Wishing you safe travels home and a speedy recovery.  Hope to see you on the Norway cruise! Let me know if you need an assist on that roll call. Take good care of yourself!  Lezli 

Thanks Lezli.  The spreadsheet is my main worry - but, time to go and if i can get an ok to lift up the laptop, ican get it taken care of.

i’l figure out Norway down the road -spent too long planning but i can’t go with a pre-existing condition nor handi capped

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, scluvsrain said:

I am happy to hear you are back at home and the surgery is over.  What an awful ordeal!

I want to echo several others here who have mentioned that perhaps HAL is at fault for the slippery floor causing your fall.  Did you have anyone that witnessed it that can help you in this regard?  It sounds like HAL should be responsible for all of this and making proper compensation.

Please take care of yourself, Jacqui - sending you cyber hugs and well wishes.

I think some one did but i don’t know who it was. The misdiagnosis is enough for them to bear responsibility i think?

in the meantime i have to cough up the dollars and believe me, it’s a lot of money

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

31 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks.  Once you succeeded, did the cruise line let you sail with them again (one of m worries)

Jacqui, I didn't try. This was on a river cruise in Russia. They thought since they were Russian based, even though they had a Boston office, they could ignore me. And maritime cases are different, and require a lawyer versed in that. They sent me a check for $9! Eventually the case went to arbitration. The doctor on the ship said (through an interpreter) that my numb face was from the ice pack, when I knew it was from nerve damage (I still have some residual numbness and the accident was in 2008). I was hit by the weighted end of a line being thrown to the dock.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks everyone for all of your kind words and caring.  I have no words to thank you all properly and apologize for he ‘dead’ live thread.

when i can do a bit more than 1 finger type, i will share some of my experiences and impressions of these 3 sailings on the King.

Thanks Chris, i would love to meet you both and get a doggie kiss from Raylene.  Of course, i would wait until she is released and not working.

I was pretty out of it after i fell honestly.  I hit my head pretty badly and while i could talk, i wasn’t with it, dazed and probably in shock.  Nurse thought i was tipsy. - i wasn’t. Did not mention the water - just said i slipped and fell. With the misdiagnosis, yes i feel they should pay.  I can’t prove the floor was wet,

See above.  They tried to foist the blame on me but final report does not.

I obviously did something wrong

Thanks Lezli.  The spreadsheet is my main worry - but, time to go and if i can get an ok to lift up the laptop, ican get it taken care of.

i’l figure out Norway down the road -spent too long planning but i can’t go with a pre-existing condition nor handi capped

Jacqui, so glad you are home! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

I think some one did but i don’t know who it was. The misdiagnosis is enough for them to bear responsibility i think?

in the meantime i have to cough up the dollars and believe me, it’s a lot of money

Gosh, Jacqui, I was thinking about the expense.  Hopefully it was less than if you had continued on to U.S.  It would have been crazy expensive here!

Like you we have confidence in health care in Mexico.  DH actually had lasik done there because they had a more up-to-date method that was bogged down here waiting for approval, and I had a dog bite treated there.  They were kind and all was good!  (I was more worried about your being alone and getting home.)

So glad you're home safely!  Don't try to do too much!

Maxine

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

O Jacqui, I am so sorry to read of your further trials, but so happy that you are now home.  (I am a little behind in reading as I have been out of circulation for the past week due to a severe kidney infection).

We wish you a strong and quick recovery to health.  And a good lawyer 😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2