2nd Lobster 16.95 in dining room.

58 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Hope everybody is cutting the tips - if they are playing these childish games with their customers!

Who are they to decide what you want to eat and in what order!

Hope many people show them who is the boss!

Why do you want to punish the servers? It's not their fault.   Put it in your survey, complain at guest services, write an email to Bailey.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Hope everybody is cutting the tips - if they are playing these childish games with their customers!

Why would this have any impact on what you tip?  This is not your wait staff's decision and their hands are tied because they stand to loose their jobs if they do not follow the rules set by corporate.  I believe it would be totally unjust to withhold tips.

Who you want to punish is Royal Caribbean corporate and the only way to punish Royal Caribbean corporate would be not to cruise.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, islandwannabee said:

Just of the serenade  new menu. Waiter said meals were being counted and no way for him to get any extra. Wanted the steak also, but was told have to consume one meal at a time, then could bring out another one. But not the lobster, unless we paid. I actually felt bad for him, said the week before he could bring out as many as people wanted this cruise, they were monitoring it very carefully.

IMG_2232.jpeg

There you go folks... you suggested on here for years to order all you wanted. Try it, if you like don't eat it. Now Royal starts counting and you all are going to complain. You have now ruined it for everyone. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

One lobster has about 60% of your daily recommended cholesterol (to say nothing of the butter that often comes with it!) - so maybe this is a blessing in disguise for some... maybe some heart attacks will be prevented and we'll have fewer medical evacs.  😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

23 minutes ago, Djsmrs said:

One lobster has about 60% of your daily recommended cholesterol (to say nothing of the butter that often comes with it!) - so maybe this is a blessing in disguise for some... maybe some heart attacks will be prevented and we'll have fewer medical evacs.  😆

I think that's the cholesterol in a whole lobster ... EatThisMuch.com says a 4-ounce serving contains 47 mg, and an average person with no heart issues should keep his or her cholesterol under 300 mg.  

4 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I think that's the cholesterol in a whole lobster ... EatThisMuch.com says a 4-ounce serving contains 47 mg, and an average person with no heart issues should keep his or her cholesterol under 300 mg.  

I was making a joke - but wow 

I thought it was made obvious by the laughing emoji 🤦‍♀️

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I wonder if anyone has actually paid $16.95 for a 2nd tail. 
Probably not. 
Mission accomplished.

Exactly!!  Its like paying 16.95 for a crawfish!!  Ill show you a real Maine Lobster tail worth 16.95

I am still not convinced those main dining room tails are real Maine lobsters during lobster night.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, flamingos said:

Why do you want to punish the servers? It's not their fault.   Put it in your survey, complain at guest services, write an email to Bailey.

I agree. A popular YouTube guy who got off an NCL ship said a lot of crew is unsmiling and slightly grumpy as well.

lots of changes at NCL too.

so always be nice to crew as well as staff 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 4:15 PM, cruiseboy89130 said:

What are you talking about?  It's not the waiters.  They are doing what they are told to do.

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

Cutting the tips because you can only have one lobster tail?

My guess is that you are looking at multiple ways in your own mind to justify not paying all tips.

My guess is that anyone using this as an excuse to cut their gratuities doesn't pay much in gratuities in the first place.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

My guess is that anyone using this as an excuse to cut their gratuities doesn't pay much in gratuities in the first place.

It’s also the most counterproductive solution I can think of.  You would still be cruising RCI so it has no incentive to change (butts in seats and all that), BUT all the workers are pissed off, which only makes the cruise more unpleasant.  

5 hours ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Exactly!!  Its like paying 16.95 for a crawfish!!  Ill show you a real Maine Lobster tail worth 16.95

I am still not convinced those main dining room tails are real Maine lobsters during lobster night.

Probably frozen from Alaska.

8 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Right, even without this change they already had a laundry list of reasons to give Guest Services to justify cutting tips.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 10:15 PM, cruiseboy89130 said:

Stand up and leave in protest . the headwaiter will run after you in fear of his tip. You will get your second lobster quick

On 2/6/2023 at 2:52 PM, islandwannabee said:

I don't eat lobster, so asked if I could get mine and give to husband. First I had to eat my regular chicken meal, then they brought out the lobster, even sat it in front of me, knowing it was for my husband. He said he was being watched.

One lobster per person, you decided to give yours away, to your family member. I see no issue with it. 

On 2/6/2023 at 4:26 PM, rockmom said:

Cutting tips doesn't hurt anyone but the servers.  It's not the servers playing games, in fact as someone pointed out, they feel bad.  So let's make them feel worse by taking their tips away. That'll show 'em!

They made a crazy suggestion for sure. 

On 2/6/2023 at 4:48 PM, cruiseboy89130 said:

If they hurt enough - there will be a change!

LOL, what they will quit and the shortage of staffing will be even worse. That will show them.

On 2/6/2023 at 5:06 PM, DallasGuy75219 said:

What part of it don't you understand that the people serving you are not the ones making these decisions?  If you actually want things to change, rate the MDR accordingly on the post-cruise survey.

This is the more appropriate way of going about things. 

14 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

I agree with you. Just another excuse/reason to give at guest services.  I didn't get my traditional 2-4 lobsters and I only get room service once a day. 😉