The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday May 4th, 2023

Today is Star Wars Day, Bird Day, and National Candied Orange Peel Day

Life is very short and what we have to do must be done in the now. - Audre Lorde

Meal Suggestion for today - Caribbean Shrimp & Rice Bowl
Drink of the Day - Dark And Stormy
Wine of the Day - Zonin Moscato, Italy
Destination of the Day - Kaohsiung, Taiwan China

Today in History:
1979 Margaret Thatcher becomes the first woman to be elected Prime Minister of the United Kingdom

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 07:00 - 13:00

Koningsdam

Prince Rupert, BC, Canada 08:00 - 17:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Statendam

Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Island, Balearic Spain 07:00 - 20:00

Noordam

At Sea Destination Seattle, Washington eta 5-05 

Oosterdam

Malaga, Spain 09:00 - 19:00

Rotterdam

Bergen, Norway 08:00 - 17:00

Volendam

At Sea Destination Victoria, BC, Canada eta 5-05 

Westerdam

Sitka, Alaska 08:00 - 17:00

Zaandam

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada 08:00 - 16:00

Zuiderdam

Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel Island, Azores Portugal 08:00 - 17:00

image.thumb.png.e0a2c21a83e83379c1056a74429df108.png

image.thumb.png.12bf1e3932a2f4008a92ac3e990cd452.png

Sandi for Rich

• Like 24
  • Thanks 15

Good morning from a windy cloudy 8°C North East England.

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for introducing today's reports that Rich @richwmn prepared.

Birds are lovely creatures and very important and should be protected always.

Excellent quote.

Nice food and wine today.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230504_101507.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

Good morning friends!  I sound like a broken record.  It's 47F this morning and we expect sunny skies and 74 later on.  I just hope the major winds we've had all week are gone.  Thank you Rich @richwmn for today's Daily and Fleet Report.  I like today's Day in History because it was an important one - Margaret Thatcher becoming the first female Prime Minister of the United Kingdom!

Today is Star Wars Day, Bird Day, and National Candied Orange Peel Day.  May the Fourth be with you!  I like most birds, and don't care for candied orange peels.  The quote is okay.  The menu suggestion is Caribbean Shrimp and Rice Bowl which sounds pretty good.  Our drink today is Dark and Stormy and the wine Zonin Moscato from Italy.  Thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for telling us all about the food and beverages today.  🙂

Thanks to Eva @superoma for handling the Care and Celebration lists today.  Prayers for all on the Care list, and thankfully some of you had some good news yesterday.  For the rest we hope for continued improvement. 🙏 Three cheers for the Celebration list people!  Good to hear @St Pete Cruiser is out of the hospital and awaiting flights back to the U.S.  Great news!  Hope all are having a wonderful cruise, and are having no troubles with travel if on your way there.🚢 

The port of the day is Kaohsiung, Taiwan.  It was our port on Dec. 18, 2021 and again shortly after on Jan. 2, 2022.  As far as I know I haven't been to that port though we did have a driver once and he stopped in several small towns to look at temples.  Therefore I have no photos.  Thanks in advance for any you might have to share with us.

Hoping everyone has a safe and productive day today!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, and thank you for today’s Daily and Fleet report. 

Nice and mild morning here in SE Texas.   Up early, too excited to sleep.  Will leave for Houston IAH about 10 AM , to meet sister’s inbound flight, then a few hours in the airport until our flight to Heathrow. 

Prayers to all in need, and cheers for all with good news!

• Like 28

May the Fourth be with you all!

Dark and Stormy cocktail:

A Dark ’n’ Stormy is a highball cocktail made with dark rum and ginger beer served over ice and garnished with a slice of lime. Lime juice and simple syrup are also frequently added. This drink is very similar to the Moscow mule except that the Dark 'n' Stormy has dark rum instead of vodka. Wikipedia

Ingredients:

2 oz Dark Rum

3 1/3 oz Ginger Beer

Couple dashes of bitters
Preparation: In a highball glass filled with ice, add dark rum and top with ginger beer. Garnish with lime wedge.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Standard garnish: Lime wedge
Drinkware: Highball glass

Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 6.25.29 AM.png

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 11

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

May the Force be with you.  I like birds (except when they make a deposit on my newly washed car) and candied orange peel is okay once in a while.

I like the quote.

The meal sounds interesting, hope it isn't too spicy.

I'll pass on the drink but I'm sure I'll like the wine.

I haven't been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

• Like 26

Top of the morning to ya! One up and having breakfast and another soon to be. Tending children, what a wonderful trip down memory lane.❤️

Not going to be much news as we are getting into a pretty low key routine. Up early, get them to school, come home and do housecleaning, laundry, tend the two dogs and take naps, plan meals. Last night’s meal was a big hit with the girls. Help Pop Pop shuck fresh corn on the cob to go with chicken and broccoli and carrots. The fussy eaters had two servings. Victory! Did I mention we had tricycle driving lessons for three year old and there was progress.

Getting ready for school bus driver duties. Thanks for the Fleet Report and I could use a Dark and Stormy this afternoon. A nice libation. Have a great day. Bruce

image.jpeg.563e43f54e34146e87aab3af4e0125ea.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e92a87fdd3b0a6b86cc3bbb9450ebb20.jpegimage.jpeg.c54896957f3171ee5cbadf3e1631cf84.jpegimage.jpeg.9b666c1a0fdc94bad9f5b053a01661bd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2b6b3969473cf63d88d40ff3a8122aae.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Haha 19

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report.  My, this week is clipping right along. Star Wars Day, no wonder why I saw Chewbacca when I looked in the mirror just now!  Love birds and am glad that they have a day.  I make candied orange and grapefruit peels at Christmas time and enjoy them.  The quote is excellent advice on time management.  Both the meal and drink suggestions sound good to me, yes please.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our list and to those that need them.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today, it’s that time of year when there are many celebrations.

• Like 27

Good morning, everyone. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet report. 

The meal, drink, and wine sound good to me. 

Last day of the work week for me. I am soooooo tired. This cold, damp weather here is wiping me out. 

There are 24 days until my cruise. Started some packing. 

Thinking of you all. Have a safe and healthy day. 

May the fourth be with you!

• Like 23

Good morning after a shortish but very restful 6 hr sleep, a lot better today than yesterday!  @cruising sister Glad you’re there safe and sound and liking the hotel. enjoy Barcelona! What a great city to experience!  @ocean sounds May all your and your sister’s flights be smooth!  
@seagarsmoker Thanks for all your beautiful pictures!  And same to @GTVCRUISER Luv see San Diego, keep ‘em coming!  

I discovered the rum and ginger ale combination many years ago.  I guess I’d like it with ginger beer, will give it a try. Will be shopping today for groceries including treats for Cinco de Mayo tomorrow. Yum. 

Blessings to @St Pete Cruiser for continued strengthening and a ticket home!  To Dr David, @Vict0riann and Pat, Mary Kay, all on the Cares list especially those in need of healing, comfort or hope. Thanks to all for your continued support as we figure out our path dealing with DH’s eye needs, and the changes in our schedules, but first things first!  Yay for moving forward! 

Cheers 🥂 to all celebrating!  

Smooth travels for all the ✈️s 🚢s and 🚘s!  Hoping Annie and Chuck are enjoying Vancouver!  And the @aliaschief grandkids behave!  

May the 4th be with us all!  m—

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Thursday May 4 care and celebration list

Jodiesme1 mother and Her DH with Covid in Guatemala 

Cruising sister toe issues needing to clear before cruise

Kazu recuperating

Crabby Patti caring for DF  who is no longer ambulatory

Jazzyv falling and bruising her knees

Cunnorl recovering from surgery 

Cruzn single surgery rescheduled to Friday 

Vict0rian’s DH Pat with surgery on May 5

Tana with pneumonia and worsening pulmonary fibrosis 

Tupper10 with post op pain but doing ok

Too many shooting victims

Citizens of Ukraine and the Sudan 

Evacuees from Sudan now mostly by ship from port Sudan 

From the rotation:

Summer Slope’s friend with a brain injury

Scrapnana getting chemotherapy

NextOne needing valve surgery 

Celebrations

Cruzn single stepson with successful non cancerous tumour removal

NextOne not needing any procedures, July cruise is on!

Luvteaching DH making progress on mobility

Dobiemom able to use a more comfortable sleeping position

Surgery date for smitty34877 DH

Father David on a pilgrimage for 3 weeks (May 21)

Bennybear feeling better

Mamaofami’s dh pneumonia free

St Pete cruiser posting and reading the daily 

Ocean sounds going to London for coronation 

Dfish and DS restoring order in the house

Rafinmd fleshing out September and November cruises

RMLincoln good eye report  surgery date for other eye

Good news on bone scan for vict0rian’s DH Pat

St Pete cruiser released from hospital and awaiting flight home 

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming

2 days Cruising sister (Nieuw Statendam 5/6to 5/28)

3 days Marshhawk (Nieuw Amsterdam 5/7 to 5/21)

Cruising

Overhead Fred’s Anniversary cruise (Rotterdam to 5/6),

AV8rix (Volendam to 5/6), 

Dismomx5 (Volendam to 5/6), 

HAL4NOW (Koningsdam 5/6)

Cruising-along (Koningsdam 5/6)

USN59-79 (Westerdam to 5/7), 

Lobsternight (Nieuw Amsterdam to 5/7)

Lazey1 (volendam to 5/10)

Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12), 

Sharon in AZ (Volendam to 5/17) at sea

Jazzyv cruise (celebrity apex) and vacation to 5/28

Edited by superoma
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 11

Thanks for our Thursday Daily, Sandi.

Great collection of days - love birds and Star Wars.  May the fourth be with you 🙂 

B8FCF1BA-5274-4628-AF5C-08B49844D9AF.jpeg.b087d7680cb44899b61c5dfc6d7ff1bb.jpeg

I like the Lorde quote and the meal today sounds good - looking forward to Debbie’s suggestions.  Zonin moscato is good IMO but a tad too sweet for me.  I prefer it as a dessert wine 😉 

Full day yesterday for Ivan and I.  Back to the hospital for me & he was going to be left alone.  My sweet neighbour was worried about him and came over to meet him and stayed until I got home.  She said he whimpered at the door for a few minutes, howled twice and then came back and ate his Kong and got pats.  She’s declared him bonded.  She said if I decide not to keep him, she’ll take him.  LOL.  This reminded me of my rule with dogs on the couch.  Ivan’s always been on so my former rule has been broken.

2B7B6211-B897-4C34-890C-CE84931E23C9.jpeg.12ccda5538457f40e1d1fd19dcea32bc.jpeg

Good thing she came as my surgeon was running behind - VERY behind.  I guess he saved the best for last (me).  LOL.  Sutures are out and he is pleased.  Strict instructions for care for the next little bit until it is completely healed and then it’s full tilt ahead as much as I can.   He is very hopeful that what he took out will solve the problem and there will be no need for a 4th surgery 🤞 So @superoma you can take me off the Care list please.  I still have a bit of recuperating to do - but nothing to worry about and it will improve every day 🤞 

DE3C4202-F7F2-4057-BD41-8104453EB6D9.jpeg.d87040dbe26f31e648153b044f276561.jpeg

Ivan was enchanted with my neighbour 👏 So, when I go away, instead of going to the vacation home, he’ll be going to her house when I go away.  Only thing pending is the vets tomorrow morning and their report 🤞 I have the kind ones coming that come to the house so he won’t be stressed out.  When I made the appointment, I had no idea he would adapt so quickly.  he seems healthy other than his weight and very overdue shots so, assuming the vets see nothing untoward - Ivan will be here.  He’s a very happy camper or, he’s doing a great job of faking it.

C9CB26C3-D8D6-4A96-AEDF-01899935FBAD.thumb.jpeg.d5e1c03a9d2687193144b8d50f8b0677.jpeg

so glad you are happy at Casa Camper @cruising sister

Special prayers for continued improvement for @St Pete Cruiser  & praying for @Vict0riann& Mary Kay.

Ridiculously cold here.  Is it late Fall or Spring?  Can’t even move any of my plants outside at any time.  If it drops much more, we won’t get rain - we’ll get snow.  GRRRR.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and cheers 🥂 to all celebrating.

19E97F2C-DA8A-4D7F-AC87-A145A5B46AA4.jpeg.51700925bfbcdb83441d1cf17a7b5591.jpeg

Have a great Thursday everyone !!!!!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 9

9 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Thursday Daily, Sandi.

Great collection of days - love birds and Star Wars.  May the fourth be with you 🙂 

B8FCF1BA-5274-4628-AF5C-08B49844D9AF.jpeg.b087d7680cb44899b61c5dfc6d7ff1bb.jpeg

I like the Lorde quote and the meal today sounds good - looking forward to Debbie’s suggestions.  Zonin moscato is good IMO but a tad too sweet for me.  I prefer it as a dessert wine 😉 

Full day yesterday for Ivan and I.  Back to the hospital for me & he was going to be left alone.  My sweet neighbour was worried about him and came over to meet him and stayed until I got home.  She said he whimpered at the door for a few minutes, howled twice and then came back and ate his Kong and got pats.  She’s declared him bonded.  She said if I decide not to keep him, she’ll take him.  LOL.  This reminded me of my rule with dogs on the couch.  Ivan’s always been on so my former rule has been broken.

2B7B6211-B897-4C34-890C-CE84931E23C9.jpeg.12ccda5538457f40e1d1fd19dcea32bc.jpeg

Good thing she came as my surgeon was running behind - VERY behind.  I guess he saved the best for last (me).  LOL.  Sutures are out and he is pleased.  Strict instructions for care for the next little bit until it is completely healed and then it’s full tilt ahead as much as I can.   He is very hopeful that what he took out will solve the problem and there will be no need for a 4th surgery 🤞 So @superoma you can take me off the Care list please.  I still have a bit of recuperating to do - but nothing to worry about and it will improve every day 🤞 

DE3C4202-F7F2-4057-BD41-8104453EB6D9.jpeg.d87040dbe26f31e648153b044f276561.jpeg

Ivan was enchanted with my neighbour 👏 So, when I go away, instead of going to the vacation home, he’ll be going to her house when I go away.  Only thing pending is the vets tomorrow morning and their report 🤞 I have the kind ones coming that come to the house so he won’t be stressed out.  When I made the appointment, I had no idea he would adapt so quickly.  he seems healthy other than his weight and very overdue shots so, assuming the vets see nothing untoward - Ivan will be here.  He’s a very happy camper or, he’s doing a great job of faking it.

C9CB26C3-D8D6-4A96-AEDF-01899935FBAD.thumb.jpeg.d5e1c03a9d2687193144b8d50f8b0677.jpeg

so glad you are happy at Casa Camper @cruising sister

Special prayers for continued improvement for @St Pete Cruiser  & praying for @Vict0riann& Mary Kay.

Ridiculously cold here.  Is it late Fall or Spring?  Can’t even move any of my plants outside at any time.  If it drops much more, we won’t get rain - we’ll get snow.  GRRRR.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and cheers 🥂 to all celebrating.

19E97F2C-DA8A-4D7F-AC87-A145A5B46AA4.jpeg.51700925bfbcdb83441d1cf17a7b5591.jpeg

Have a great Thursday everyone !!!!!

Very happy to take you off the cares list. Such good news. And also Ivan settling in so quickly. He is so sweet looking.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Happy Thursday!  My garden club meeting at my house and a filling at the dentist ate up my day.  It seems the smaller the garden club the longer the business meetings, so it was 2 and a quarter hours including my plant sale talk.   Then my dentist was 30 minutes late due to a power outage in town the day before so squeezed in patients needing care.   

Prayers for everyone, @St Pete Cruiser so happy to hear you will be heading home and prayers for the people of Ukraine.   I have to get to the grocery I didn't make it to the last 2 days then I have a wine dinner this afternoon.  Have a great day!   Nancy 

In honor of bird day.  We have one Oriole, waiting for more and the Grosbeaks.   

bluebird 51119.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Today, May 4, is also International Firefighter’s Day, and St Florian Day. 
“St Florian is the patron saint of firefighters. Florian (250-304AD) was a high ranking Roman Army officer in the Roman province of Noricum. His superiors said he was good with people, a real problem solver, and a dedicated hard- worker.

Roman firefighters belonged to the Equestrian Class (Knight). They were highly trained and paid. Distinguished from the regular Roman soldiers by their green tunics. Florian died for his Christian faith, making him a Martyr and elevated him to patron to all things in the prevention of danger from fire.”

DH is a volunteer firefighter and I am very proud of him and all his brigade.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 7

Thank you Sandi & Rich for today’s R & D. It is another amazing and cool morning here today. Yesterday was exquisite. Warm, dry, breezy. A perfect day to tackle a dead Oleander and an outside HIIT class. I will miss these days when the humidity returns. 

Eva, thank you for taking care of our lists while Vanessa is on her well-deserved vacation.  Zumba, Bindi walks, chores and if the pool water gets warm enough - perhaps some pool time. 

IMG_1263.jpeg.0c47d914ea20835c13b64ae3f5b3284f.jpeg

IMG_1267.jpeg.9408cd09e1ab11862acb86b696bdbdb4.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating. @kazu Jacqui, I love how Ivan snuggles up to you. 

Get well & stay well everyone!

Zonin Moscato, Italy

Fans of sweet wines might enjoy this Italian Moscato. Easy to find and reasonably priced. A decent number of online distributors with prices starting at $12.99.

Distributor notes 

This refreshing and fruit Moscato wine comes from the warm Southern vineyards of Puglia. Primo Amore, or first love expresses the joy of discovery experienced when a wine drinker first encounters the sweetness and enticing fragrance of the delicate wine.
COLORStraw-yellow with golden reflections and a delicate mousse. BOUQUETFruity and very inviting, with intense scents of peaches and exotic fruit. FLAVORFresh and pleasantely sweet with a taste that reveals its varietal characteristic.Excellent as dessert wine it matches perfectly with jam tarts fruit salads and pastry. Also delicious with ice cream, or just on its own as an accompaniment to conversation among friends.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

Good morning to all.

I am going to make sure I post today.  Yesterday we had no internet service all day. It was very frustrating.  

It went out about 10 am and finally came back some time about 9 pm.  Never an explanation and never any compensation.  

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Prayers for everyone on the cares list.  And cheers to all celebrating.

Have lots to do today.  Yesterday I was not feeling well.  Had some digestive problems that kept me from doing much.

Time for some breakfast and get the show on the road around here.

Take care everyone and God Bless,

Terri

• Like 27

Happy ALMOST Friday.  Thank you Rich, Sandi, Eva, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann.  My favorite birds are penguins.  I see that in celebration of Star Wars Day Princess Lea gets her star in Hollywood.  I like the Lourde quote but have not been to Taiwan.  I think we were scheduled there on my 2017 Grand Asia but had to change plans due to objections from China.   I'm pleased that @cruising sister is safely in Barcelona so hopefully her toe is not in too bad shape.  I'm delighted that Ivan is working out.  I'll pass on both the shrimp and the candied orange peel.  My alternative is Classic Caesar Salad, Broiled New York Striploin and Peach and Berry Crisp, my final dinner on my 2019 Nieuw Statendam transatlantic,

dishes0504.jpg

Dentist today, not one of my favorite activities.

Roy

• Like 31

I took our oldest son...at age 5...to the first Star War's movie in 1977...the whole family has been addicted since....including saving this "second home" plan....😂

May the 4th be with you.....!!!!

The Millennium Falcon.jpg

May the 4th.jpg

• Like 17
  • Haha 6