The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday May 19th, 2023

richwmn

Today is Boy's & Girl's Club Day, World Plant a Vegetable Garden Day, and Nascar Day

If two wrongs don't make a right, try three. - Laurence J. Peter

Meal Suggestion for today - Flaky Cod with Celery Salad
Drink of the Day - Mocha Razz Tini
Wine of the Day - Seña Red Blend Biodynamic, Aconcagua Valley, Chile 2015
Destination of the Day - Loreto, Baja California Mexico

Today in History:
1643 Massachusetts Bay, Plymouth, Connecticut and New Harbor form the United Colonies of New England

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Victoria, British Columbia 2000-2359

Koningsdam

At Sea destination Vancouver, Canada eta 20 May

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea destination Victoria, British Columbia eta 20 May

Nieuw Statendam

Trondheim, Norway 0800-1700

Noordam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 0700-1600

Oosterdam

At Sea destination Casablanca, Morocco eta 20 May

Rotterdam

At Sea destination Amsterdam, The Netherlands eta 20 May

Volendam

Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm/Juneau, Alaska

Westerdam

Ketchikan, Alaska 0700-1300

Zaandam

Bar Harbor, Maine 0700-1700

Zuiderdam

Praia Da Vitoria, Azores 0800-2300

0519Alaska.thumb.png.530bf18e7a3019ca0f841310321afdcf.png

0519Atlantic.thumb.png.bed0c1de6f490302893e2510e25a3ef1.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 19

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

No frost this morning!  Maybe spring is finally here! 🤞 I hope to do some gardening this weekend.

I like the quote, sometimes it works that way.

I'll pass on the meal.  Not sure about the drink or wine.

Prayers for everyone.  I hope there are lots of celebrations.

Have a great Friday.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Happy Friday. 

Mocha Razz Tini cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Pinnacle® Raspberry Vodka
1 part DeKuyper® Creme de Cocoa White Liqueur
1 part Kamora® Coffee Liqueur
Powdered Chocolate

Instructions
Shake with ice and strain into a chilled martini glass rimmed with powdered chocolate. Garnish with Powdered Chocolate

Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 6.36.12 AM.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 12

Thank you Rich @richwmn for giving us the opportunity to participate every day in the fleet reports and Daily.

It is raining heavily here where it is 52°F.

My late dad used to keep a vegetable garden when we were children.

No number of wrongs make a Right.

I like to eat most fish.

Prayers for better news for everyone on the care list.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Screenshot_20230519_113032.jpg

Screenshot_20230519_113009.jpg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 7

Happy FriYAY everyone! 😃 Thanks for the HAL fleet report and all the daily information. And thank you all for caring and sharing.

I’ll only work for a few hours this morning then I’m seeing the doctor for my eye. Up until Tues, my vision field above the gas bubble was clear (not crisp) but now I’m seeing some opaque lines? Almost looks like a reflection or something. Hard to describe. I’ll be back later to report what the doc says. 

Prayers 🙏 for the Care List and Cheers 👏🎉 for the Celebration List. Stay safe and healthy everyone. (Going to try to go back to sleep for a couple hours.)

• Like 26
  • Thanks 9

Happy Friday.  Thank you Rich, Eva, Ann, Dixie, and Debbie.  I'll salute Boys and Girls Clubs, sadly am not a gardener, and will pass on NASCAR day.  Lots of changes in alignment of colonies/states since 1643.  Today Volendam drew the short straw and will need to tender in Juneau.  I have not been to Loreto.  As @grapau27 no amount of wrongs (except possibly zero) make a right.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Papaya with Rainbow of Fruit, Turf from Surf and Turf, and Tiramisu  as served on MS Veendam May 19, 2016.  I wasn't doing meal collages then but did catch the starter:

papaya.jpg

Off to Wegmans in a little while.  Sounds like rain tonight (well after the Black Eyed Susan race) and again tomorrow but hopefully holding off until after the Preakness.

Roy

• Like 37
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for our TGIF Daily, Rich.

Nice collection of days.  I might have to hold off on my veggie seeds due to the frost warnings - hopeful by Monday?  I was very involved with the Boys and Girls Club when I was in Nova Scotia (BOD & Pres).  It’s a great organization which does so much for young people 👍 

IMG_3566.thumb.jpeg.da6be24acfc7247c2afc81425018dd0d.jpeg

LOL on the Peter quote.  The meal sounds good.  Loreto is a nice and easy port to visit.

Busy day yesterday - one where everyone came & everything happened at once.  Then the lawn treatment happened so I was even busier keeping Ivan off my grass and on others’ grass to keep him safe.  My helper was cut short by rain on Wednesday and stopped by the lawn treatment yesterday but he will be back this afternoon once it is safe to be on the lawn and hopefuly we will get a buch of stuff done 🤞 

IMG_3561.jpeg.8f8ad1a320c28a1be1a515588a1b9271.jpeg

I think it will be another busy one here.  If I were smart and have time, I’d pick up more earth so I can get him to unload it from the car rather than do it myself 😜 

Yikes @dobiemom- good luck at the doctor’s.  Hope all if good with your vision 🙏🏻 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & those that need them and cheers 🥂 to those celebrating.

IMG_3562.jpeg.178b65efb13b9f79b33dcfb6ed5c7e6f.jpeg

Have a good Friday everyone !!

• Like 36
  • Haha 5

Good morning, everyone. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet report. 

I will be planting my vegetable garden when I come back from my cruise. 

Cruise starts in 9 days. I currently have cruise brain. This will be a very much needed vacation. 

Busy day for me today. Chiropractor, dentist, and a couple of clients. 

Thinking of everyone. 

Have a safe and healthy day.

• Like 33

Good morning friends.  It's 59F and cloudy and will be 74 for a high.  It's not supposed to be raining right now, but when we went outside to walk earlier I felt moisture falling on my face and glasses.  After about 20 minutes DH went back outside and said it's not raining now so I'm going to walk.  I didn't go because I really don't feel well this morning.  I had a mostly sleepless night and had a tummy ache so took a pepto bismol tablet.  Thought I could walk as we had planned but really don't think so.  I need a day of rest!

Our port today is Loreto on the Baja peninsula of Mexico.  I have not been there before.  That port was listed here twice on July 31, 2021 and April 28, 2022.  Here are the links:

A salute to Boys Club Day, World Plant a Vegetable Garden Day, and Nascar Day.  I say no that 3 wrongs don't make a right.  No thanks to the cod dish, cocktail or Chilean Red.  Interesting day in history.  Thank you to Debbie, Dixie, Ann, Rich and Eva for their contributions today to our Daily and Fleet Report.  Prayers for our people in need, and cheers to the happy celebrants.  I hope to feel better and come back later to see what's happening here.  Have a great day!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

Friday May 19 care and celebration list

Crabby Patti caring for DF  who is no longer ambulatory

Jazzyv with knee and back pain but doing things

Cunnorl recovering from surgery 

Cruznterri’s dh taking it easy after mohs surgery

1angelcat with a very sick kitty

Heartgrove concerned for Sam

NextOne with new afib concerns

Wildfire and tornado victims

Smoke from the wildfires moving east

Too many shooting victims every day

Citizens of Ukraine and the Sudan 

Flooding victims in Ravenna, Italy

From the rotation:

RMLincoln’s DH’s sensitivity to glaucoma meds

Marshhawk ‘s leg and feet cramps

Marshhawk’s dh with continuing nose issues 

Grapau27 needing hip surgery for arthritis

Celebrations

Tana responding to medication and walking with walker

Surgery date for smitty34877 DH

Father David on a pilgrimage for 3 weeks (May 21)

Rafinmd fleshing out September and November cruises

RMLincoln good eye report,  surgery date for other eye august 1

Cruising-along good nephrologist appointment 

Summer slope’s Bailey doing better

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

2 days for Crazy For Cats(Zaandam 5/20 to 5/27)

Cruising 

Marshhawk (Nieuw Amsterdam to 5/21)

Jazzyv cruise, Germany vacation to 5/28

Cruising sister (Nieuw Statendam to 5/28)

SusieKIslandGirl (Nieuw Statendam to5/28)

• Like 24
  • Thanks 18

Thank you for today’s R&D, Rich!nit is a lovely morning here! We had more rain last evening, but the T-storm was kept to the West of I-95 by a strong onshore breeze. 

Eva, thank you for keeping up with all our happenings! Just gym, Bindi walks and chores for me today. If I am lucky I will get into the pool this evening. 

This is not quite true. But whatever coffee does not solve, wine does.

IMG_1308.jpeg.452787fd892a1864a5fb4e423c782f13.jpeg

IMG_1306.jpeg.474d8006fd97ffbeee270640634b011d.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Seña Red Blend Biodynamic, Aconcagua Valley, Chile 2015

I wondered how long it would take Rich after he returned to test my decoder ring.🤔 As our Editor-in-Chief he needs to be sure it is up to date. 
This red blend sounds amazing. All released vintages have excellent-superb reviews, and are quite pricey. If you are willing to wait to open the bottle, you can save some money by purchasing a more recent vintage. The 2915 is available online starting at $129.97, but according to one critic - its window of prime enjoyment ends this year. 

Winemaker Notes

Seña 2015 shines by its perfect balance and seamless structure, marked by its many layers of pure fruit and silky tannins. The wine displays wonderful complexity, along with unique tension, energy and elegance. This is a definite recognition that Chile belongs to the major leagues of wine, and is a righteous reward to the team's hard work and dedication.
JS100 James Suckling

Stunning aromas of blackcurrant, stone, blueberry and licorice. Also iodine. Floral. Perfumed. Full body, fantastic density of fruit and ripe tannins. It goes on for minutes on the palate with such energy and focus. Touch of chewiness on the finish. A complex and complete wine that delivers a generosity with firmness. 

RP96 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
As a comparison to the 2014 vintage of this wine, the 2015 Seña resulted in 57% Cabernet Sauvignon, 21% Carmenere, 12% Malbec, 7% Petit Verdot and 3% Cabernet Franc, with now 12% of the wine matured in new Stockinger oak foudres and the rest in barrique for some 22 months. 2015 might have been a slightly warmer year, but the resulting wine is lower in alcohol and higher in acidity, which provide for a more vibrant mouthfeel and a more focused expression of the character of the place. This vintage has half a degree less alcohol, and the acidity is a little more pungent; and, the amount of wine in foudre seems to help the oak to show better integrated. This is dry, nicely textured, and the replacement of the Merlot by Malbec seems to have also added to the refinement of the tannins that are super-elegant. 66,000 bottles were filled in February 2017.
WS92 Wine Spectator
A suave and focused red, with crisp cherry and currant flavors backed by crunchy acidity. Hints of sandalwood and cardamom linger on the taut finish. Petit Verdot, Merlot, Malbec and Cabernet Sauvignon. Drink now through 2023
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 2

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Eva, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

Woke up a bit earlier today. Sam has been fed and a trip outside. Now he is bugging for his daily walk. That seems to be a dog's favorite activity. Even Juno on the morning yjat we put her down still went for her morning walk. Off we go!

Stay Safe!

- Jack

• Like 31

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  It’s another beautiful day in New England.  There are two concerts tonight, Taylor Swift and Janet Jackson, it’s a good day to stay home. The bags are packed and we are ready to board the Zaandam tomorrow.  Today’s work schedule is light, no meetings on the calendar. Hopefully that means I can get a load of laundry done and a quick pass through the house to make sure everything is good for the pet sitter. 

I hope everyone has a good day today.
image.png.0a33f87bd40fca664715122f58045bcd.png

• Like 21
  • Haha 15

Good morning! Currently 70 degrees with a forecast high of 83 and a 50% chance of rain. As I mentioned on a late post,  on yesterday’s Daily our ladies deep cleaning crew did a fantastic job. They moved everything and cleaned under furniture and appliances. They have been hired. I believe I got my needed prescriptions done and they should be ready Monday. 
My favorite sport is NASCAR and I will enjoy watching the annual All Star race from the historic newly renovated North Wilksboro Speedway.

We have had fish two nights in a row and haven’t decided what’s on the menu for tonight. We are trying to lose a few pounds before our cruise so we are abstaining from wine and booze and low carb meals. No shaky symptoms and have already shed four pounds.

Thanks Rich and all who contribute. Have a great day. Bruce

image.jpeg.6d12359d830050a0888ddb7d29c5b8ab.jpegimage.jpeg.326f18d1b5946715efd7e330985dca3f.jpegimage.jpeg.81c40c5b664bbf136c4657b7731f3a61.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a7bed2b88d07b95568f5dd409e8106c9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.912647916e2e7b929f71b4ec5c2ffc22.jpegimage.jpeg.a07eb563f634ab049cad0bf7733de963.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Haha 19

5 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  It’s another beautiful day in New England.  There are two concerts tonight, Taylor Swift and Janet Jackson, it’s a good day to stay home. The bags are packed and we are ready to board the Zaandam tomorrow.  Today’s work schedule is light, no meetings on the calendar. Hopefully that means I can get a load of laundry done and a quick pass through the house to make sure everything is good for the pet sitter. 

I hope everyone has a good day today.
image.png.0a33f87bd40fca664715122f58045bcd.png

Bon Voyage. Have a great cruise on a classic BHB. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good Friday morning.  We have decided to step up everything so we are leaving on Sunday morning and driving to Marquette and spend the night there.  That way we can wake early and get into the cabin in the morning.   We thought we would be going  into the cabin with the refrigerator running and the water running.   Neither happened so we will have real work to do after all.  As I said before I am hoping it was operator error.     John wants to go to Sault St. Marie on our route but there is a slightly quicker route taking a north road off from US 2.   

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports Rich!   I will pass on the cocktail, have the flaky Cod minus the celery and we had the Sena Cabernet on the Volendam at the Cellar Master Premier tasting.  It was overshadowed by its' counterparts in the tasting.    Prayers for all on our care list and the people of Ukraine.     It has been bit of a lull with Bon Voyages for  our group but I am sure they will begin anew.

Today I am going to get a manicure and pedicure before we head into the woods.   No place for nail care nearby up there.  Then the last stop to the grocery to buy bread and salad supplies for our cooler.  Most other things I have already bought.   Have a great Friday!    Nancy 

• Like 33

Good morning, everyone!

It isn't quite as chilly this morning as it has been.  Looking at the extended forecast, I think we are past the chances of frost.  That is good as we were getting tired bringing in all the plants at night.  I did finally get to the weeding and it went pretty quickly.  I still have a lot more to do, but it will look so much better when it is done.  Those beds have been neglected for years.  

Today I start with a doctor's appointment to certify that I am healthy enough for surgery next Wednesday.   Then, I have a luncheon with former high school classmates.  And tonight is Farkle Friday.  DB Bill is bringing pizza for dinner.  

@Crazy For Cats Have a wonderful cruise!  

@dobiemom  I hope the eye problem is easily resolved.

Today's meal was an elusive one.  The recipe comes from Bon Appetit, but that site tells me the kitchen is closed unless I pay up.  Nope.  So, I hunted around and did find it elsewhere, but that is the only recipe that fits the description.  I think it is the celery salad that makes it unique.  There are 1000s of cod recipes out there.  Just one with celery salad.  Here it is:  https://www.realgoodfish.com/recipe/1002/flaky-cod-with-celery-salad

codwithcelerysalad1.thumb.jpg.53534a806272144d7f7865308b338dfb.jpg

It looks good and I'd give it a try.   

Last night we had the Tzatziki Chicken and it was wonderful!   That recipe is a keeper.  

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 8

Good morning. It is sunny and 54, going up to the mid 60’s later. Rain might come later too. Boys and Girls Clubs should be celebrated for the excellent work they do.DH had a group from the club assisting him with wheel chair sports meets. The athletes enjoyed being with the kids and everyone benefited from the arrangement.

I look forward to the recipe and was planning to go to the fish store later.

I think the quote is not true.

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, I hope you were able to get back to sleep and feel better soon.

@1ANGELCAT and @summer slope, so glad to hear both kitties are  at least doing a little better.

@superoma Eva, thank you for including DH and Tana on the lists. DH will have surgery on 5/31. Tana is improving but her situation involves many ups and downs. We do celebrate the small victories when they come. Pulmonary fibrosis is a very nasty disease. Perhaps she could be kept on the rotation ? I very much appreciate the support from everyone.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. It is sunny and 54, going up to the mid 60’s later. Rain might come later too. Boys and Girls Clubs should be celebrated for the excellent work they do.DH had a group from the club assisting him with wheel chair sports meets. The athletes enjoyed being with the kids and everyone benefited from the arrangement.

I look forward to the recipe and was planning to go to the fish store later.

I think the quote is not true.

@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, I hope you were able to get back to sleep and feel better soon.

@1ANGELCAT and @summer slope, so glad to hear both kitties are  at least doing a little better.

@superoma Eva, thank you for including DH and Tana on the lists. DH will have surgery on 5/31. Tana is improving but her situation involves many ups and downs. We do celebrate the small victories when they come. Pulmonary fibrosis is a very nasty disease. Perhaps she could be kept on the rotation ? I very much appreciate the support from everyone.

She is on the rotation. I will change the celebration listing to small victories as they come! Continued good wishes for all of you.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1