richwmn

Today is Body Painting Day, National Blueberry Day, and National Motorcycle Day

The person lives twice who lives the first life well. - Robert Herrick

Meal Suggestion for today - 10 Minute Chicken Pad Thai
Drink of the Day - Sauza 901 Club
Wine of the Day - Altocedro Malbec La Consulta Old Vine Reserve 2020
Destination of the Day - Omaezaki, Japan Shizuoka

Today in History:
1497 Portuguese navigator Vasco da Gama departs on his first voyage, will become the 1st European to reach India by sea

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Seattle, Washington 0700-1500

Koningsdam

Vancouver, Canada 0700-1600

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea destination Whittier, Alaska eta 09 Jul

Nieuw Statendam

Stockholm, Sweden 0800-1900

Noordam

At Sea destination Vancouver, Canada eta 09 Jul

Oosterdam

Dubrovnik, Croatia 1200-2300

Rotterdam

Honningsvag, Norway 0800-1800

Volendam

Skagway, Alaska 0700-2000

Westerdam

Victoria, British Columbia 2000-2359

Zaandam

Boston, Massachusetts 0700-1700

Zuiderdam

Reykjavik, Iceland 0800(+1

0708World.thumb.png.d42d8c7c94f2955d55e0c3a4df912f17.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 14

Today’s Care list:

The passing of cruising sister’s Aunt 7/3

The passing of Mamofami’s friend Judi 7/7

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, with complications

Smitty34877’s DH Lou recovering from surgery 

Vict0riann’s Pat with urinary and kidney infections

1Angelcat’s friend B with medical issues

Summer slope with a health issue

Ill Dailyite pets – Kazu’s Ivan

summer slope’s Bailey crossing the Rainbow bridge 

Two Newark firefighters killed fighting a fire at Port Newark

Canadian/US wildfires, unhealthy air quality for many 

Tornado and storm victims; dangerous heat conditions

Shooting victims again

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Catmando (Marshhawk’s DH) with cancer recurrence

Denise T with blood sugar elevations since having Covid

StLouisCruiser’s friend’s DB Mark with bile duct cancer

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Smitty34877’s good news about the pathology report

Bennybear’s (Brenda) good pathology report

Ger_77’s Summerfest bbq

President Jimmy Carter and Rosalynn’s 77th wedding anniversary (yesterday)

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

Oceansaway17 (Liberty of the Seas to July 8), Loveandpeas (Volendam to July 12, celebrating 14th anniversary), and Cruzin Terri (Oceania Marina to July 23)

• Like 22
  • Thanks 15

Good morning friends!  What a beautiful sky I saw 20 minutes before sunrise.  Pink, lavender and baby blue.  The temp is now 70F and we will have mostly sunny skies and a high of 90 later on.  Always a chance of a thunderstorm in July too.  Our only plans are to do the laundry and hang out at home. 😇 Thank you Rich @richwmn for our Daily and Fleet Report.

Body painting is something I'd prefer not to have done, I do like blueberries and enjoyed motorcycles as a teen because my boyfriend had a Harley.  DH also owned a couple of motorcycles over the years.🏍️  I like the "life" quotes.  I wonder if the 10 minute recipe really takes 10 minutes?  It's always the prep that adds to that time considerably.  No thanks to the cocktail and the malbec.  I always enjoy hearing about the explorers of the past.  Thanks to our helpers Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for giving us their F&B reports!

Prayers for our Care list folks who are in need of them 🙏 especially those with losses in their lives recently.  Extra prayers for Baby Murphy and my DB, as well as friend's DB Mark.❤️  I hope all here find relief from pain, comfort and strength during your trials and tribulations.  Three cheers for the Celebration list people.  Hope you all enjoy your happy events and cruises!🥂🚢  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for continuing with the lists each day and getting up early to post them.

The port today is Omaezaki, Japan (Shizuoka) which was the port once before on May 1, 2022.  I haven't been to many Japanese ports, just the basic ones.  Here is the link to May 1, 2022 if you have photos to re-post.

Hoping all here have a great start to the weekend.  Stay safe and healthy!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

A crisp cool morning here, but should warm up to a lovely 25C (77F) this afternoon.

I'll pass on body painting and motorcycles, but love blueberries.

I like the quote.

I'll pass on the meal but hope the drink and wine are nice.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful Saturday.

• Like 26

I just went back to review the May 1, 2022 Daily posts.  We had a CC glitch and the gremlins erased many of our earliest posts.  There were absolutely no photos posted of our Japanese port of the day.  But most important, that was a very sad day for our Jacqui @kazu, the day she lost her beloved DH Jose.  Feeling like I want to give Jacqui a big hug right now.  (((hug)))

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5

Good afternoon.

Thank you for today's reports.

It has just started to rain and 64°F here.

It was nice at the city beach this morning picture 2.

3 interesting days and quote.

Today's food sounds good.

We had a lovely breakfast in our garden room picture 1.

Prayers offered to my friends who are poorly.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

IMG_20230708_093725.jpg

Screenshot_20230708_111434.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Rich.

I’ll pass on both the body painting and motorcycles and celebrate blueberries for sure.  That’s a good quote by Herrick 👍 The meal sounds intriguing.  I’ll wait  to see what Debbie suggests.  This is SO true:

IMG_3908.thumb.jpeg.d0eb54a1ef19ad5b233f00d6b079b4d4.jpeg

Hoping for some good news on Baby Murphy today 🙏🏻 

Well, I might be broke, but I have to buy chicken.  Vet wants Ivan on my bland diet until Monday when we get the blood results and he’s used to the pills and I am out.  And I still haven’t found decent strawberries to make jam.  (Some of my friends love it so it’s nice to treat them).  I haven’t seen any decent ones yet - not even from the best place.  I think the rain decimated them a bit.  But, I’ll look again.

IMG_3880.thumb.jpeg.697097789aa3e16c7d752bd4f279e23f.jpeg

Hopefully today I can begin to catch up.  Ivan care has put me way behind.  Behind in the garden, behind in sorting, behind in my spread sheet - the list is endless.  I need to get some energy back.  I made a horrible mistake posting on the Burial at Sea thread.  It hit me later.  At least Ivan is sleeping much better and has gotten on the couch all by himself.  A good sign, I hope?

IMG_3914.jpeg.8c94ce4feb758abaf38b1b3406cab63a.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list suffering from losses, health issues and worries and cheers to those celebrating.

IMG_3878.jpeg.df43fd114a67cd1b6e6f18e339a5e54d.jpeg

Have a good Saturday, everyone.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann.  Welcome home @Oceansaway17.  I'll pass on the body painting and motorcycle.  I love the quote but have not been to Omaezaki.  Vasco da Gamma really opened up the world and it is fitting for former Statendam to be named in his honor.  I'll pass on the meal.  I don't have an alternative from a BHB but a blueberry pie sure sounds nice.

I think it will be quite a busy day.  We have an afternoon event at church and while not needed for it, I would like to support it.

Roy

• Like 35

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info for all the contributors!

My thoughts on todays day.

National Motorcycle Day. Hear it is.

IMG_1105.thumb.png.c5e7273f3b4230ac7fa895f4f7b6f30a.png

Body painting day. Hear it is.

IMG_1106.thumb.png.445c880806423ac9ef7e4e7cb65c0aa4.png

Did you expect something else. This is restaurants in Texas that when opened allowed servers to use body paint instead of clothing. After several weeks a local Court ordered the servers to wear clothing claiming that the restaurants was using to much paint thinner! 😳

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 8
  • Haha 18

Rich, thank you for today’s R& D! It is an exquisite morning here after an afternoon and evening filled with black clouds, thunder and a little bit of rain. I never did see any lightning. The deer families were everywhere this morning!

Vanessa, thank you for sharing our cares & celebrations! Lots of chores, my landscaper is coming to raise the canopy of my big elm and remove the seed pods from my big palms, and Bindi walks before heading to a friend’s for dinner. 

IMG_1464.jpeg.5e7a8a785b5b42331737c2287e5601d9.jpeg

IMG_1462.jpeg.c8c44ff5f7d9b1a84ec9dca46c02a4c7.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating. Get well & stay well everyone!

Altocedro Malbec La Consulta Old Vine Reserve 2020

Malbecs usually need to breathe quite a bit before I can handle their boldness, but I have enjoyed some wonderful bottles. This one is available from numerous online distributors and one of them is offering on sale for $19.97.

Winemaker Notes

#51 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2022

A deep ruby red color. Lucid aromas of sweet figs and prunes, as well as cherry compote. Very generous fruit in the middle with firm, lightly chewy tannin and moderate length.

WS93 Wine Spectator

This red harmoniously melds layers of floral, spice, minerality and fruit, showing rich plum and floral blackberry notes up front, with spicy currant and wet stone flavors midpalate that fan out around medium-grained tannins. Ends with a lingering note of cordial.

JS92 James Suckling
Creamy mocha-chocolate notes jump out first, followed by very ripe blackberries and some mulberries. The full-bodied palate garners a bit of dried fruit, too, but not in a jammy way. Rich and concentrated with dense, ripe tannins to seal it all. Good length. Drink or hold.
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 5

Good morning everyone.  I slept a little late because our lake neighbors will be having a party and fireworks tonight.   Our neighbors did a small preview last night because I think some of their family are leaving today.  I made carrot cake and baked beans which I will need to bake. Thank goodness we are avoiding the heat the rest of the country is having. No AC in the cabin so it can heat up fast but no problem today.  That also means we can comfortably bundle up tonight and help avoid the mosquitoes. 

Thanks for the daily reports Rich.  John has a motorcycle that takes up space in the garage.  It is a big Kawasaki purchased during his tenure at the company.  He wants too much for it so there it sits.   I love blueberries especially in pie.  No body painting around here.  Another good quote.  I look forward to some photos from today's port. 

I hope baby Murphy is making progress.   Prayers for everyone on our Care list and the people of Ukraine.   

My Japanese Iris have begun to bloom.  Lots of foxgloves all around too.   Have a lovely day! Nancy 

IMG_20230706_121453051_HDR.jpg

• Like 35

Good morning. CC is being odd today.

The humidity  is oppressive here with dogs lying strategically  to catch the AC breeze.I went out briefly yesterday while DS stayed with DH and was glad to return home to the coolness.

I love blueberries  but not body painting.Motorcycles  are for other folks.Around here too many are injured seriously.I would love a dinner made in ten minutes!

We are having a quiet day here.I am going to get started on some meal prep that does not involve the oven.

@grapau27, Graham, your Garden room looks so lovely and a great place to eat.I envy your proximity to beaches but I am glad you and  Pauline can enjoy

them.

@Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, I hope the wait for treatment  is not long for DH.It has been a very long road for you.

@cruising sister, I hope there is better news about Murphy today.

Have a great day everyone

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

The humidity  is oppressive here with dogs lying strategically  to catch the AC breeze.I went out briefly yesterday while DS stayed with DH and was glad to return home to the coolness.

I love blueberries  but not body painting.Motorcycles  are for other folks.Around here too many are injured seriously.I would love a dinner made in ten minutes!

We are having a quiet day here.I am going to get started on some meal prep that does not involve the oven.

@grapau27, Graham, your Garden room looks so lovely and a great place to eat.I envy your proximity to beaches but I am glad you and  Pauline can enjoy

them.

@Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, I hope the wait for treatment  is not long for DH.It has been a very long road for you.

Thank you Terry.

I wished you lived near to us and you would all be very welcome here.

We have just had lunch in the garden room and it is raining heavily now.

16888179958567666249583644381716.jpg

16888182094006214639091381833401.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Good morning,

I have more information on what happened to Murphy. My understanding is that the doctor was adjusting one of the cannulas and the machine shut off. Per the doctors explanation this put extra stress on the heart. I wonder if that means they had to code her. They set up a new machine and she has been tolerating it better and they are letting her chill out in it until Monday. They did a test my niece did not say what it was to check the integrity of the surgical repair and she said that the repair was good. What a mess. The doctor said that was the first time ever that a machine has shut off like that. 

we had a storm come through in the night sometime. I know this because my clocks are blinking. I was tired and did not hear a thing. 

Jacqui, sorry you have been having a rough time with Ivan. I know how things can trigger you missing Jose. I am trying to think of a place to get away on the anniversary of DS death next month. Mother’s Day did better with me being busy on the cruise. 

Prayers for all,  it has been a rough week or so on the Daily. Have a great day. 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 11

Good Saturday Morning Dailyites!

The therapist told me that the pinched nerve is actually in my shoulder (torn rotator cuff from about 8 years ago, she said lots of repeat damage)...but they dont have a clue about the elbow pain, or the numbness in the hand.  But when I left, I felt better, and now, OUCH!

It's a Formula 1 weekend, with f2 and f3 and porche, and I need to wake DH up, so I can watch some racing before work.  Yes, I still have one gig, that is only 10 hours a week.

About the body painting, well they do it even to cats-

Cute+Painted+Cats.jpg

231755-Cute-Good-Morning-Happy-Saturday-Cats.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 31
  • Haha 2

Happy Saturday everyone. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Hazy, hot, and humid here. It makes it difficult to want to enjoy being outside. I will be puttering around in the garden today. 

Going back to basics with managing my diabetes to try and get my A1C down. My big issue is finding interesting things to eat and not get too bored with the diet. What was amazing was that when I was on my cruise, I did not gain any weight and actually lost some. It doesn't help that my work schedule is all over the place. I just have to make some changes. 

I will be thinking of all on the care list. I will be celebrating with all who are celebrating.

I love this community. It is hard to find a community of people who share their lives with none of the ridiculousness of other social media. 

Everyone, have a safe and healthy day. Stay cool. I hear it got up to 85 in Alaska and they have flash flood warnings. 

• Like 32

An early good morning from central Texas were it is 77F and feels like 77F.  Our high will be 97F, so I'm hoping to get outside soon and get the mowing and trimming done early.  Luckily, we won't reach 90F until noon, but without a big cloud cover, the sun that is just now coming up will be strong.  I want to get started while there is still a lot of shade in part of the yard.

There will be no body paining here.  We had blueberries in the fruit salad yesterday, and it's been a long time since I made a blueberry pie.  I have never liked motorcycles, but DH had a Gold Wing for many years.

The Robert Herrick quote is interesting.

The meal sounds interesting, and the Pad Thai I make takes 10 minutes or less to cook, but the prep times takes longer than 10 minutes.  We'll pass on the drink, but the wine sounds nice and not pricey.

We have not been to Omaezaki Japan.

Vasco da Gama was another brave explorer who helped open up the world to Europeans.

51 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Rich.

I’ll pass on both the body painting and motorcycles and celebrate blueberries for sure.  That’s a good quote by Herrick 👍 The meal sounds intriguing.  I’ll wait  to see what Debbie suggests.  This is SO true:

IMG_3908.thumb.jpeg.d0eb54a1ef19ad5b233f00d6b079b4d4.jpeg

Hoping for some good news on Baby Murphy today 🙏🏻 

Well, I might be broke, but I have to buy chicken.  Vet wants Ivan on my bland diet until Monday when we get the blood results and he’s used to the pills and I am out.  And I still haven’t found decent strawberries to make jam.  (Some of my friends love it so it’s nice to treat them).  I haven’t seen any decent ones yet - not even from the best place.  I think the rain decimated them a bit.  But, I’ll look again.

IMG_3880.thumb.jpeg.697097789aa3e16c7d752bd4f279e23f.jpeg

Hopefully today I can begin to catch up.  Ivan care has put me way behind.  Behind in the garden, behind in sorting, behind in my spread sheet - the list is endless.  I need to get some energy back.  I made a horrible mistake posting on the Burial at Sea thread.  It hit me later.  At least Ivan is sleeping much better and has gotten on the couch all by himself.  A good sign, I hope?

IMG_3914.jpeg.8c94ce4feb758abaf38b1b3406cab63a.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list suffering from losses, health issues and worries and cheers to those celebrating.

IMG_3878.jpeg.df43fd114a67cd1b6e6f18e339a5e54d.jpeg

Have a good Saturday, everyone.

Jacqui, Ivan sleeping better and getting on the couch by himself are good signs.  I hope the bland diet helps too.

29 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info for all the contributors!

My thoughts on todays day.

National Motorcycle Day. Hear it is.

IMG_1105.thumb.png.c5e7273f3b4230ac7fa895f4f7b6f30a.png

Body painting day. Hear it is.

IMG_1106.thumb.png.445c880806423ac9ef7e4e7cb65c0aa4.png

Did you expect something else. This is restaurants in Texas that when opened allowed servers to use body paint instead of clothing. After several weeks a local Court ordered the servers to wear clothing claiming that the restaurants was using to much paint thinner! 😳

Only in Texas would that happen.

11 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

them.

Thank you, Terri. It has been a long road, but hopefully the end is in sight.  Last year, the neurosurgeon wanted DH to have the back surgery first because he thought it might solve the problem.  It did help, but we think it meant spinal fluid leaked during the two back surgeries.  In the last few months the nph symptoms have been getting worse.  At least, this time we're not starting from scratch and things should progress more quickly.

3 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

I have more information on what happened to Murphy. My understanding is that the doctor was adjusting one of the cannulas and the machine shut off. Per the doctors explanation this put extra stress on the heart. I wonder if that means they had to code her. They set up a new machine and she has been tolerating it better and they are letting her chill out in it until Monday. They did a test my niece did not say what it was to check the integrity of the surgical repair and she said that the repair was good. What a mess. The doctor said that was the first time ever that a machine has shut off like that. 

we had a storm come through in the night sometime. I know this because my clocks are blinking. I was tired and did not hear a thing. 

Jacqui, sorry you have been having a rough time with Ivan. I know how things can trigger you missing Jose. I am trying to think of a place to get away on the anniversary of DS death next month. Mother’s Day did better with me being busy on the cruise. 

Prayers for all,  it has been a rough week or so on the Daily. Have a great day. 

Lorraine, thank you for the update on Murphy.  I'm glad she is tolerating the new machine better.  It is good news that the surgical work is good.

2 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good Saturday Morning Dailyites!

The therapist told me that the pinched nerve is actually in my shoulder (torn rotator cuff from about 8 years ago, she said lots of repeat damage)...but they dont have a clue about the elbow pain, or the numbness in the hand.  But when I left, I felt better, and now, OUCH!

It's a Formula 1 weekend, with f2 and f3 and porche, and I need to wake DH up, so I can watch some racing before work.  Yes, I still have one gig, that is only 10 hours a week.

About the body painting, well they do it even to cats-

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fz4fqT9Pnyw/UFGMuv7ukcI/AAAAAAAAAS4/miZfbWiLvOc/s1600/Cute+Painted+Cats.jpg

231755-Cute-Good-Morning-Happy-Saturday-Cats.jpg

Annie, I'm glad the PT helped yesterday, and I hope the pain lessens as the day progresses.

347415456_651340913695586_7665783854591631616_n.thumb.jpg.f5f2cd8aab3e28e48acfb99033e78c42.jpg

347432980_595930422689110_8726645564816948142_n.thumb.jpg.1abddb791bf67ac6a9b514c80c5263f7.jpg

347552416_647772080719136_9074188530766445_n.thumb.jpg.634ae3251b74475e6b075cd8002d454a.jpg

347821828_6114948938620771_1739588868679478371_n.jpg.df357e18c8260fd7e8f8f544b40b27e4.jpg

348469205_769198211510331_7824480340318263941_n.thumb.jpg.931a090ecabf34c27bc1787d12a8d16d.jpg

349471046_798032718308808_1534412916204409099_n.jpg.a277579f3d74f2739cf3e7926a2dbd50.jpg

DH just informed me that we may need to go to Waco today to get his phone fixed.  Nothing he's tried seems to work.

Lenda

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 8

Good very humid morning.It’s already feeling like 90. Yesterday afternoon we had rain for more than an hour. 
Not much going on today. Another day in the air conditioning.

I had blueberries for breakfast.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 26

Good Morning to All!

I have body painting if painted nails and toes count!!  🙂 Love blueberries; well any kind of berries to be frank!!  I have always wanted a motorcycle after living in South Dakota and seeing/living through the Sturgis motorcycle rally.  Had motorcycles as kids and I once owned a Kawaski 1000 (I actually dropped it once going up a hill - shifted up instead of down!!).  But I want a Harley Softtail - my feet can then touch the ground when sitting on it.  Not even sure they still make them but I can't afford it anyway!!  

Love the quote; the food and drink - I will reserve for another day.  Never been to today's port; just went to Tokyo and surrounding areas before.

Another scorcher on tap for us today with a high of 107.  Supposedly we have a 40% chance of rain today but the excessive heat warning is until Thursday July 13th!!  Oh, well.  I do like heat so I am okay with it.  It is when the humidity gets over 20% I die!!  So gym this morning and then I am going to wing it!!

Still trying to figure out a routine and having some difficulty with doing that.  Went to session 4 yesterday on a research study I am enrolled in.  The 3rd session was in an MRI while doing tasks and yesterday they used my MRI of my head (and, yes, there was a semblance of a brain noted) to target a specific area for TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation).  It was sooooo cool, didn't hurt at all!  Then I had to do the tasks on the computer.  What they are looking at is decision making in older and younger people (65-75 and I think younger than 30).  One more session next week.

Thoughts for little Murphy; glad she is doing better.  Thoughts for everyone on the care list and cheers to those celebrating!

Have a great day everyone!!

• Like 32

46 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Terry.

I wished you lived near to us and you would all be very welcome here.

We have just had lunch in the garden room and it is raining heavily now.

16888179958567666249583644381716.jpg

16888182094006214639091381833401.jpg

Did you body paint your socks. 😀

• Like 7
  • Haha 11

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Body painting - wow, if someone were to do mine, they'd need a wide roller!!  I enjoy blueberries in yogurt for breakfast, and although I've ridden on a motorcycle, still prefer the safety of a 4 wheeled vehicle.

The sun is shining brightly and there's just a bit of a breeze - I've checked the forecast for the day and that's what it will be for all of our daylight hours, meaning we will have great weather for Summerfest 2023!    Lots of work to be done once I'm off the computer - heading to the grocery store to pick up the cake and 12 dozen buns, then back home to start setting up the yard.  A friend of DH's is coming over around 10 to help him set up the large banquet tables, then I get the tablecloths out and start securing them so the wind doesn't flap them around.  I have to make the coleslaw, and put together the sangria, then store everything in the already too-full fridges, but I'm sure it will all work out.

@cruising sister sending continued prayers for baby Murphy and her family.

@kazuYou've still got your sense of humour, even though your heart (and bank account) has taken a beating with Ivan being ill.  If you need a short term loan, I could float you one.  LOL  

I enjoy a Malbec, so am sure I'd like today's wine - and it's within my budget, so woo hoo!  I'd like to try today's menu suggestion, but with Summerfest happening, we'll be enjoying smokies, coleslaw, chili, Caesar salad, and whatever other people choose to add to the food table in our back yard in the company of dear friends and neighbours.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

An early good morning from central Texas were it is 77F and feels like 77F.  Our high will be 97F, so I'm hoping to get outside soon and get the mowing and trimming done early.  Luckily, we won't reach 90F until noon, but without a big cloud cover, the sun that is just now coming up will be strong.  I want to get started while there is still a lot of shade in part of the yard.

There will be no body paining here.  We had blueberries in the fruit salad yesterday, and it's been a long time since I made a blueberry pie.  I have never liked motorcycles, but DH had a Gold Wing for many years.

The Robert Herrick quote is interesting.

The meal sounds interesting, and the Pad Thai I make takes 10 minutes or less to cook, but the prep times takes longer than 10 minutes.  We'll pass on the drink, but the wine sounds nice and not pricey.

We have not been to Omaezaki Japan.

Vasco da Gama was another brave explorer who helped open up the world to Europeans.

Jacqui, Ivan sleeping better and getting on the couch by himself are good signs.  I hope the bland diet helps too.

Only in Texas would that happen.

Thank you, Terri. It has been a long road, but hopefully the end is in sight.  Last year, the neurosurgeon wanted DH to have the back surgery first because he thought it might solve the problem.  It did help, but we think it meant spinal fluid leaked during the two back surgeries.  In the last few months the nph symptoms have been getting worse.  At least, this time we're not starting from scratch and things should progress more quickly.

Lorraine, thank you for the update on Murphy.  I'm glad she is tolerating the new machine better.  It is good news that the surgical work is good.

Annie, I'm glad the PT helped yesterday, and I hope the pain lessens as the day progresses.

347415456_651340913695586_7665783854591631616_n.thumb.jpg.f5f2cd8aab3e28e48acfb99033e78c42.jpg

347432980_595930422689110_8726645564816948142_n.thumb.jpg.1abddb791bf67ac6a9b514c80c5263f7.jpg

347552416_647772080719136_9074188530766445_n.thumb.jpg.634ae3251b74475e6b075cd8002d454a.jpg

347821828_6114948938620771_1739588868679478371_n.jpg.df357e18c8260fd7e8f8f544b40b27e4.jpg

348469205_769198211510331_7824480340318263941_n.thumb.jpg.931a090ecabf34c27bc1787d12a8d16d.jpg

349471046_798032718308808_1534412916204409099_n.jpg.a277579f3d74f2739cf3e7926a2dbd50.jpg

DH just informed me that we may need to go to Waco today to get his phone fixed.  Nothing he's tried seems to work.

Lenda

I know Ms Crystal, everything is bigger in Texas! 😀

• Like 13
  • Haha 1