The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday September 11th, 2023

richwmn

9-11 Remember Freedom Day

Today is National Emergency Responders Day, Libraries Remember Day, and Women's Baseball Day

The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware. - Henry Miller

Meal Suggestion for today - Macaroni Salad
Drink of the Day - Hornitos® Black Barrel® TequilOld Fashioned
Wine of the Day - Granite Hill Cellars Pinot Grigio
Destination of the Day - Port Stanley, East Falkland Island

Today in History:
1914 W. C. Handy "Father of the Blues" publishes his most famous composition "St Louis Blues"

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Juneau, Alaska 1300-2200

Koningsdam

Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm, Alaska, Juneau, Alaska 0900-0930,1300-2200

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Ketchikan, Alaska eta 09-12

Nieuw Statendam

Porto, Portugal 0700-1700

Noordam

Hubbard Glacier, Alaska 1500-1800

Oosterdam

Villefranche (Nice), France 0700-2300

Rotterdam

Eidfjord, Norway 0700-1500

Volendam

Ketchikan, Alaska 1100-1900

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 09-12

Zaandam

Halifax, Nova Scotia 0700-1600

Zuiderdam

Halifax, Nova Scotia 0900-1800

0911World.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 16

Hornitos® Black Barrel® TequilOld Fashioned cocktail:

Ingredients
1 1/2 parts Hornitos® Black Barrel® Tequila
1 part Simple Syrup
1/2 part Amaro Liqueur
2 dashes Bitters
2 dashes Orange Bitters
Orange Peel

Instructions
Combine simple syrup, Hornitos® Black Barrel® Tequila, amaro and bitters. Add ice and stir. Strain over fresh ice and garnish with an orange peel.

Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 6.38.56 AM.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 14

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

It's a new week, hope it's a good one.

Today is a day to remember, I guess we all have memories of where we were.

A big thank you to all emergency responders.  Libraries are very important.  When I think of Women's Baseball, I think of the movie "A League of Their Own".

Interesting quote.

I like macaroni salad.  I'm sure I'll like the drink and the wine.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone.  I hope there are lots of celebrations.

It's time to take Bertie for a walk.  Have a good day everyone.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today's daily reports.

9-11 will always be remembered.

Emergency responders deserve our respect and thanks.

When I was in my teens I regularly went to our city library.

A good quote today which should include being good,honest,caring people.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

I pray everyone is safe and well this morning.

Take care.

• Like 32

Today’s Care list:

Remembering 9-11 and all lives lost

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-surgery, on vent, unstable

Smitty34877’s DH Lou hospitalized

Rafinmd (Roy) testing positive for Covid

Catmando’s brother Scott with a stroke 9/4

Denise T MRI today for adrenal mass evaluation

Cruzin Terri’s appointment at Mayo Clinic Jacksonville

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Wildfires in Maui/Lahaina; Earthquake in Morocco with many deaths

Canadian/US wildfires; those in the path of Hurricane Lee 

Shooting victim(s) 

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

1Angelcat’s friend Barb recovering from surgery for pancreatic cancer

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Lobsternight’s great nephew with bike crash, multiple fractures, surgery

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Ottahand 7 safe trip home from the lake cabin

Heartgrove safe travels flying to Hamburg

Mr. Boston in Europe prior to cruising

Live4Cruises’ DH Nicholas doing well and getting the ok to cruise!

DeeniEncinitas safe on Maui

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

3 days for Heartgrove (MSC Preziosa Sept 14 to Sept 24) British Isles

3 days for Lady Hudson (Jewel of the Seas Sept 14 to Sept 28) Canada and Greenland

3 days for Mr. Boston (Oosterdam Sept 14 to Oct 8 ) Med Tapestry, Greece & Adriatic Antiquities

4 days for Cruising-along (Celebrity Solstice Sept 15 to Sept 22) Alaska

5 days for Haljo1935 (Carnival Venezia Sept 16 to Sept 29, B2B) NY/Canada/NE

6 days for SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam Sept 17 to Oct 1) Great Alaskan Explorer

HAL4NOW (Zaandam to Sept 13, B2B), Crazy for Cats (Zaandam to Sept 13) and RMLincoln (Norwegian Joy to Sept 20, B2B)

• Like 26
  • Thanks 16

Good morning friends on this somber day in history.  Never Forget!  Thank you Rich @richwmn for our Sept. 11, 2023 Daily and Fleet Report.

Our days to commemorate are National Emergency Responders Day, Libraries Remember Day and  Women's Baseball Day.  We should always support our emergency responders but especially on this date!  Libraries are an important part of our lives.  And hooray for any women baseball players out there.  An interesting quote.  Macaroni salad is a pretty broad description so I'm sure there are many varied recipes coming up.  A drink I don't think I'd enjoy unfortunately.  However the pinot grigio sounds okay to me.  Publishing the "St. Louis Blues" is nice, but this is a day we should never forget if we intend for it to not happen again.  I feel badly for children who are being educated without mention of what happened to this country on Sept. 11, 2001 and how it brought us all together.  Thank you Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports today on the food and beverages.  We appreciate you and your abilities to de-code!

Prayers today for those who lost their lives on 9-11-2001 and their grieving families.  Extra prayers too for Lou, Terry @smitty34877, Tana and their entire household, Baby Murphy, Annie @marshhawkand Chuck @catmando, Roy @rafinmd and all others on the Care list including my DB and my friend's DB Mark.  A salute to the Celebration list folks and all the cruisers and upcoming cruisers!  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for keeping the lists for us!

I did made 4 more pages on my Shutterfly cruise photo book yesterday.  Tons of interruptions though so it wasn't easy!  Meanwhile, DS reports from Portugal that on Sunday they went to a big food market and did some shopping, eating lots of good food.  This afternoon and tomorrow afternoon he makes talks at his conference but Wednesday is free for exploring.  They return to the US on Thursday.  I remember when he used to have engineering conferences in the Bay area of California but haven't heard any mention of that the past couple of years.  Understandably so.

Our port today is Port Stanley, Falkland Islands.  This is a popular port but often difficult to get to.  We had that port here as our destination on April 9, 2022.  Here is the link to that date.

DH and I have been to Stanley 3 times and have never missed a visit due to weather.  Our dates were 2012 on Star Princess, 2015 on Ruby Princess, and 2020 on Coral Princess.  I'll open up a new post for my photos. 

Hoping everyone here has a blessed day!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

On Feb. 25, 2012 on Star Princess we anchored and tendered to shore.  During the day the skies would go from extremely cloudy to bright sunshine.  You just never know!  You arrive at the dock and visitor center and see something like this 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKb3Mv9e5cs4_QP_pj7CPI2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641431

You could just walk up to the Gypsy Cove shuttles run by locals with 4x4s or small buses/vans.  The price was right and at least you got to see some penguins that day!  It's about a 20 minute ride and there's no admission fee when you get there.  They have marked paths and you aren't allowed to roam because there are areas that could have been mined during the "conflict" with Argentina in 1982.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKSMcnAuOgzb9qXjEYiuobf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641481

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK5pebVRIJnh3e11Wa98Ps6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641538

You'll see some penguins below you on the beach, some in the brush and some right up near you at the path.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIb0JhbEBibtHzjnMWkXFCX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1649511325

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJVujNbmSFfnB8iYB6yQvqc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641518

There's a rocky area at the top you can roam around on called Ordnance Point.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKnUC2W4RJXgmon1XrFfawt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641621

Some artillery left behind and a couple of ships anchored outside the harbor.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIsj8RMC20QKCvzV11ORXbI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641648

Some fellows who came up to see us near the path.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJK_zqka-jmTVb1OOGTPp8q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641684

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLX3mClt8C7vLKL5jD8d5DI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641551

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIEzp4e9qqmu_CSOC4Tdz9c?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641566

You can stay as long as you want.  Just walk down to the parking spot and catch another van back to town.  The town itself is quaint and uncrowded (except for several ship's worth of passengers added for the day), but never so crowded as to be annoying.  On the ride back to town you'll see this ship the Lady Elizabeth which foundered in the harbor and blew onto this shallow spot over a hundred years ago.  

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

You can see a wide variety of buildings there.  We walked up a street going uphill, that you see as soon as you get off the tender.  On that road was this bar and amusing sign out front.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIDSUCoSpgxqVxENikhNDNQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641755

A good spot to leave your husband if he's getting on your nerves and under your feet, so you can get some shopping done.  Love it!

Right across from the visitor center are these attached homes reminiscent of England.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLmV0oWDTGAsk7sEZqgfetr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641720

The hill we walked up and saw the tavern.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLZKLRqu-ccnJw6TgP3lCvj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641743

The police headquarters00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLm0f8_kIJLSAzraqqompWM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641817

We saw a lot of British flags and reminders of who they were.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKhFvL4mLb_3XJ00bUClpOi?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641845

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ4d9TQHwTPzG5J9yeS1M3C?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641845

A war memorial00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJu52-81wDprhswePewkJM-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1649512499

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLnkxJO21NvdwQ0IN6JViif?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641862

Restricted entrance to the Government House00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIjo3zI4ytd4ZergYLKY6JL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641870

Some horses and a pony living inside those fences.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJmiNwBMJTfSLzRroNcaZic?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641886

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI40FrX4VSM5xILx14BRFaW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641905

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLM-rzcnYsZpxMsPWTn5CDA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641896

And from 2020 Coral Princess, on our walk at Gypsy Cove the penguins were building little nests right along the pathway tourists traveled on.  There was someone stationed there to make sure no one attempted to interfere with or touch the penguins in the nest.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIQcUVMsJDjyXf8AdOhe9RI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1579806510

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJl75eQsGC7N52M-y-ZXxTk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1579806481

And a penguin on the beach doing his happy dance.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKmnsCqrZQAbzQUVbDUXZUP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1579816872

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKMdW4y_HLXDixABdtcdYNc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1579817189

Lots of fun for penguin lovers!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 6

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich! The events of September 11th remain so vividly embedded in my mind and heart. Prayers for the victims, the first responders and all their families. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping our lists. It is a bit more humid this morning. And Bindi decided she did not want to go for a walk, so she quickly took care of business and took us back into the house. Just gym, Bindi walks, chores & maybe some pool time. I made it into the pool for a quick dip last night, before the T-storms moved in. 

IMG_1635.jpeg.5e6508ad0198867bc610225224ee86f8.jpeg

IMG_1700.jpeg.c7b1a89995119085e74834e4bbd6f821.jpeg

IMG_1733.jpeg.243c8cd1623fc22f02822ae2cedc31d0.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support: especially Lou, Baby Murphy and their families. Hope you are feeling better Lou. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Granite Hill Cellars Pinot Grigio

Widely available at very reasonable prices make this wine from Lodi easy to try. Consumers say it is good. And we all know that at this price if we don’t like it, we can use it to cook with. Online prices start at $10.99.

Winemaker notes

EXOTIC FLORAL AROMAS THAT STREAM INTO SOME SUBTLE GREEN APPLE AND CITRUS WITH A LIGHT SPICINESS. THE FINISH IS SMOOTH AND LASTING WITH SOME ENDING NOTES OF WHITE PEACHES.
DELICIOUS AS AN APERITIF OR WHEN SERVED WITH MILD CHEESES, LIGHT FISH DISHES, SUCH AS SOLE, COD AND SHRIMP. CHICKEN MARSALA OR A SIMPLE BBQ WORKS WELL WITH THIS. VEGETARIAN FRIENDLY, SO ANY FRESH GREEN SALADS, BAKED POTATOES OR LIGHT SOUPS WORK VERY WELL.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning , thanks for today's daily fleet report.  It's a foggy start to the day. We have nothing planned today since we've been here twice this year.

Somewhere in this picture is another ship.

20230911_073013.jpg

Jake is this Halifax?  Wow, pretty foggy!  I hope the sun burns through the fog for the sake of the cruisers so everyone can enjoy their time there.  Otherwise it's stay on the ship day!

• Like 18

Good morning and prayers for all in need.  

Remembering 9/11 and all the loss of life that occurred.  Prayers for the family members who are still affected from that horrible day.  I was teaching then and because children were not carrying phones at that time, the decision was made to shut off all computers.  Reason — our district was close enough to the New York area that conceivably students could have had relatives working in the city.  One school family did lose a cousin who was a NYC firefighter.

Watching Hurricane Lee path carefully.  Leaving Thursday for Greenland and Canada.  First scheduled stop — Halifax on Saturday. We will remain positive.

No walking for me yesterday or today.  Escaped Chester County PA convict sighted in an area too close for comfort.  Remarkable that he has escaped detection for so long.

Best wishes to all.  Katherine 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 8

17 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care list:

Remembering 9-11 and all lives lost

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-surgery, on vent, unstable

Smitty34877’s DH Lou hospitalized

Rafinmd (Roy) testing positive for Covid

Catmando’s brother Scott with a stroke 9/4

Denise T MRI today for adrenal mass evaluation

Cruzin Terri’s appointment at Mayo Clinic Jacksonville

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Wildfires in Maui/Lahaina; Earthquake in Morocco with many deaths

Canadian/US wildfires; those in the path of Hurricane Lee 

Shooting victim(s) 

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

1Angelcat’s friend Barb recovering from surgery for pancreatic cancer

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Lobsternight’s great nephew with bike crash, multiple fractures, surgery

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Ottahand 7 safe trip home from the lake cabin

Heartgrove safe travels flying to Hamburg

Mr. Boston in Europe prior to cruising

Live4Cruises’ DH Nicholas doing well and getting the ok to cruise!

DeeniEncinitas safe on Maui

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

3 days for Heartgrove (MSC Preziosa Sept 14 to Sept 24) British Isles

3 days for Lady Hudson (Jewel of the Seas Sept 14 to Sept 28) Canada and Greenland

3 days for Mr. Boston (Oosterdam Sept 14 to Oct 8 ) Med Tapestry, Greece & Adriatic Antiquities

4 days for Cruising-along (Celebrity Solstice Sept 15 to Sept 22) Alaska

5 days for Haljo1935 (Carnival Venezia Sept 16 to Sept 29, B2B) NY/Canada/NE

6 days for SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam Sept 17 to Oct 1) Great Alaskan Explorer

HAL4NOW (Zaandam to Sept 13, B2B), Crazy for Cats (Zaandam to Sept 13) and RMLincoln (Norwegian Joy to Sept 20, B2B)

Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for supplying very informative lists.

Graham.

• Like 18

13 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

On Feb. 25, 2012 on Star Princess we anchored and tendered to shore.  During the day the skies would go from extremely cloudy to bright sunshine.  You just never know!  You arrive at the dock and visitor center and see something like this 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKb3Mv9e5cs4_QP_pj7CPI2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641431

You could just walk up to the Gypsy Cove shuttles run by locals with 4x4s or small buses/vans.  The price was right and at least you got to see some penguins that day!  It's about a 20 minute ride and there's no admission fee when you get there.  They have marked paths and you aren't allowed to roam because there are areas that could have been mined during the "conflict" with Argentina in 1982.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKSMcnAuOgzb9qXjEYiuobf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641481

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK5pebVRIJnh3e11Wa98Ps6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641538

You'll see some penguins below you on the beach, some in the brush and some right up near you at the path.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIb0JhbEBibtHzjnMWkXFCX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1649511325

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJVujNbmSFfnB8iYB6yQvqc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641518

There's a rocky area at the top you can roam around on called Ordnance Point.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKnUC2W4RJXgmon1XrFfawt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641621

Some artillery left behind and a couple of ships anchored outside the harbor.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIsj8RMC20QKCvzV11ORXbI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641648

Some fellows who came up to see us near the path.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJK_zqka-jmTVb1OOGTPp8q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641684

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLX3mClt8C7vLKL5jD8d5DI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641551

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIEzp4e9qqmu_CSOC4Tdz9c?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641566

You can stay as long as you want.  Just walk down to the parking spot and catch another van back to town.  The town itself is quaint and uncrowded (except for several ship's worth of passengers added for the day), but never so crowded as to be annoying.  On the ride back to town you'll see this ship the Lady Elizabeth which foundered in the harbor and blew onto this shallow spot over a hundred years ago.  

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

You can see a wide variety of buildings there.  We walked up a street going uphill, that you see as soon as you get off the tender.  On that road was this bar and amusing sign out front.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIDSUCoSpgxqVxENikhNDNQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641755

A good spot to leave your husband if he's getting on your nerves and under your feet, so you can get some shopping done.  Love it!

Right across from the visitor center are these attached homes reminiscent of England.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLmV0oWDTGAsk7sEZqgfetr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641720

The hill we walked up and saw the tavern.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLZKLRqu-ccnJw6TgP3lCvj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641743

The police headquarters00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLm0f8_kIJLSAzraqqompWM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641817

We saw a lot of British flags and reminders of who they were.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKhFvL4mLb_3XJ00bUClpOi?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641845

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ4d9TQHwTPzG5J9yeS1M3C?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641845

A war memorial00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJu52-81wDprhswePewkJM-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1649512499

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLnkxJO21NvdwQ0IN6JViif?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641862

Restricted entrance to the Government House00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIjo3zI4ytd4ZergYLKY6JL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641870

Some horses and a pony living inside those fences.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJmiNwBMJTfSLzRroNcaZic?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641886

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI40FrX4VSM5xILx14BRFaW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641905

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLM-rzcnYsZpxMsPWTn5CDA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641896

And from 2020 Coral Princess, on our walk at Gypsy Cove the penguins were building little nests right along the pathway tourists traveled on.  There was someone stationed there to make sure no one attempted to interfere with or touch the penguins in the nest.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIQcUVMsJDjyXf8AdOhe9RI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1579806510

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJl75eQsGC7N52M-y-ZXxTk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1579806481

And a penguin on the beach doing his happy dance.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKmnsCqrZQAbzQUVbDUXZUP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1579816872

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKMdW4y_HLXDixABdtcdYNc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1579817189

Lots of fun for penguin lovers!

Superb photos Sandi.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the Monday report Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann.  Great Days to celebrate.  I like the Miller quote and am 3 for 3 at Stanley, 2016 on Crystal Symphony, 2017 on Zaandam, and 2019 on Prinsendam. 

St. Louis Blues Certainly merits a celebration.

I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Canaletto Salad, Grilled Striploin, and TIramisu.as  served on MS Westerdam September 8, 2023.

Good night's sleep last night but I'm far from out of the woods.

• Like 37

55 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Jake is this Halifax?  Wow, pretty foggy!  I hope the sun burns through the fog for the sake of the cruisers so everyone can enjoy their time there.  Otherwise it's stay on the ship day!

Today is Halifax.  We were sort of planning on relaxing on the ship.  I do want to go into the terminal and pick up some maple syrup for DM.

• Like 25

My "lists" for 9/11:

9/11 In memoriam and heroes

In memory of:

Firefighter Keven O’Rourke, FDNY
PANYNJ Police Officer Bruce Reynolds–Officer Reynolds was on patrol on the George Washington Bridge and diverted to the World Trade Center where he perished in the Collapse of the South Tower

memorial.jpg

Captain John Ogonowski, AA 11, World Trade Center
Captain Victor Saracini, UA 175, W/orld Trade Center
Captain Jason Dahl, UA 93, Shanksville, PA
Captain Charles Burlingame, AA 77. Pentagon–”A pilot will fight to the ends of the earth to save his aircraft–He just will!”  Captain Beverly Bass
2990 others that day
At least 2000 since then from illness related to toxic substances encountered during rescue including Cruisin single’s DH

My 9/11 Heroes(Many now retired)

Captain Beverly Bass(Ret)
Mayor Claude Elliott(Ret)
Constable Oz Fudge(Ret)
Gander Academy teacher Diane Davis and Gander Legion Staffer Beulah Cooper (together Beulah Davis)
Reporter Janice Goudie and Brian Moser (Together Janice Moser)
Nick and Diane
Karen Voskanian, Flight Attendant Continental 5
Captain Robert Burgess, Virgin Airlines Flight 21
Kevin Tuereff
and SPCA Executive Bonnie Harris

And a quote of the day”Suddenly I’m Flying Paris to Dallas; Across the Atlantic and Feeling Calm; When Suddenly someone on Air to Air Traffic said “At 846 we had a terrorist action”; and the one thing I loved more then anything was used as the BOMB–Sud-den-ly I’m in a ho-tel” , Captain Beverly Bass

We will and should never forget the horror of 9/11 but I firmly believe that if that is ALL we remember it's a victory for the terrorists.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 23

Good morning from Jacksonville.

it is 77 degrees going up to 90.  

I don’t have time for breakfast prior to going to my appointment.  I really don’t want to rush.  So I will eat when I come back.

”When I leave in a few minutes I will wake Jim so he can get washed and dressed.  Maybe he will still be having breakfast when I get back from my appointment.

i am hoping that there is something that can be done with the neck pain I have had for the last 2-3 months.  It is only getting worse and I am losing lots of sleep because of it.

i know the PMR has flared because the numbers were high on the blood test last week.

We will see where we go next.

Thank you to Rich @richwmn for the Daily and Fleet Report. 

I will always remember 9/11.  We were still living in New York City at the time and I did work in the towers at one point in my life.  I had retired only a few months before because of an early retirement offer.  If not, I would have been in downtown Manhattan that day.

Emergency Responders are so important and need to be recognized.  i know the importance of the Library.  While I don’t use it as much as I should now, I do remember how important it was to me as a child.  I never played baseball, but kudos to those who do.

I like the quote. And I like Macaroni Salad and Pinot Grigio.

I will pass on the drink.

The only one opportunity I had to get to the Falkland Islands ended in a sea day.  The Veendam was unable to tender us to Port Stanley due to rough seas.  That was in March, 2012.

Thank you to Vanessa for keeping our lists. Prayers for all who lost their lives in the tragedy of 9/11 and prayers for all who mourn their loss.  

Prayers for all on the cares list.  Especially Baby Murphy and her family, and @smitty34877 Terry’s Lou and your whole family.

Here’s hoping that Roy @rafinmd has a speedy recovery from your bout with Covid.

Cheers for all celebrating and cruising.  Enjoy,

It is about time for me to make my way over to the clinic for my appointment.

Have a great day.  i will try to post later.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 32

Good morning, everyone. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

I still remember exactly what I was doing when the first reports came in about the first plane hitting the towers. I remember standing there in disbelief as I watched the television, and my brain was trying to make sense of what I had just seen. This is always a somber day. 

I am preparing for my MRI today. Thank you @JazzyV for adding me to the care list. 

A big thank you to @StLouisCruisers for the lovely pictures of penguins. I love penguins and this made my day. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day!

Remembering the 9/11 victims with ties to Connecticut

• Like 33

Good morning from central Texas. It is 71F an feels like 71F.  What a change from last week.  However, the humidity is 62% with a dew point of 58F.  Our predicted high will be 92F.  Based on yesterday's forecast, I cleaned house yesterday and planned to mow the yard today.  If I want to do that now, I better get outside soon, because now it will be raining by 9 am.  With our drought, it takes about an hour to do the yard.

I will never forget where I was when I heard on the radio about the first hit on the Twin Towers.  Emergency Responders should be celebrated every day.  Libraries are important, and were important part of my childhood.  Women's Baseball also reminds me of "A League of Their Own".

I  like the Henry Miller quote.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink, but I would like to try the wine.

We are 2 for 2 getting into Stanley.  The first time was in 1999 on Noordam III in the pre-digital age.  The second time was 2015 on Ruby Princess.

Another interesting day in history with the publication of "St. Louis Blues".

@HAL4NOW  Tony, I hope the weather has cleared by now.

@Lady Hudson  Katherine, I'm glad you are being careful, and I hope they capture the escapee soon.  I like the decision the school made on 9/11.

@rafinmd  Roy, I'm glad you got a good night's sleep, and hope you improve everyday until the virus is gone.

@Crazy For Cats  Jake, enjoy your "sea day".

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I hope the doctor can help you today.  Safe travels back home.

@Denise T  Denise, I hope the MRI shows no growth with the mass.

Annie, I couldn't resist this meme.

375059355_788891333243044_7506964636935205461_n.thumb.jpg.fbe6e0c4bdefb6a685b2e1a523b92482.jpg

374760993_322572296944957_8617765869199484716_n.jpg.f3a757c8851b5f31ce63af4b3aca9870.jpg

375333635_303524662362755_3871500151813748000_n.thumb.jpg.82f5a5420658e0b51126a40c16d19c5d.jpg

375749409_683634177129747_7722111560167500687_n.jpg.5f1690379356a5415748d040ce485f28.jpg

376275006_6651423761581648_7252316842344696715_n.jpg.547adb33cdcb26c759818bf0e3261c0d.jpg

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 17