News on shareholder credit

Sea Hag

Below is an email exchange with Stockperks.  Replies to my queries were lightning fast and it would appear application for SHB can be accomplished the old way via email, but now to Stockperks.  While I could use the app, I think I will continue to use the email method, but, apparently, not until next May!

For those that do not have a smartphone or tablet and thus cannot download the app, how do we now proceed.  Can we still send either a fax or email to sbpcl?

...........................................................................................

I can help you out.  Can you please forward me the relevant documentation by email as follows:

- reservation details (full name, reservation number, date of sailing and email associated with the booking)
- proof of Carnival stock ownership (from within the last 3 months) - on the document I need to see your name, the brokerage name, a date and how many CCL shares you own.

With that I can get your claim submitted for processing.  Thanks so much!
Thnx for the very fast response.  My cruise is in the latter part of next year.  In the past I could submit info now, but believe that is no longer possible?  Please advise.

If so that is unfortunate as it precludes booking excursions well in advance to secure space, using the obc afforded by the shareholder benefit.
You're eligible to claim the onboard credit for any cruises departing before July 31, 2024.  

If your cruise is after that date, Carnival asks that you submit your claim starting in May 2024 when they announce the reset of the program.  

I hope this helps.  Have a great weekend & kind regards

Edited by racj846
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/1/2023 at 9:20 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

What’s fascinating is about a month (?) or so ago, we learned here on CC about the new shareholder benefits application option on the Princess website that we’re going to be using to reapply for SOBC on a couple of refared cruises, once we get home after our current cruise is over.

The SHB option still seems to work quite nicely using the below Princess link on their website while the link posted by the OP has not been officially referenced anywhere on the Carnival SHB webpage that I can find. Of course, if either Princess or Carnival Corp starts to officially promote the OP’s link, then that would possibly be more of an incentive for us to use that link. 

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/customerCare.page

IMG_5394.thumb.png.750e0ba190abf11b0ab2c568e7910137.png

This site is extremely helpful. I called Princess and spoke to an Agent and then transferred to Shorex agent. Neith had a clue about information on The Land portion of our Australian cruise.  Thanks so much for sharing this. 

• Like 1

@racj846Regarding your above post.  Did you send your information via email to stockperks or to the regular/old princess email for SHB?  I still cannot get the stockperks app to work on my iphone.  Have done everything, turned phone off and back on again, deleted the app and reinstalled.  I have the latest update on my phone installed.  I even changed my password but the app still won't open after I put in my email and password.  I emailed my request for the SHB to the regular Princess email address several days ago and have not gotten a response as some people here are saying they are getting.  Thank you for your assistance.

4 hours ago, DavidsNana said:

...I still cannot get the stockperks app to work on my iphone.  Have done everything, turned phone off and back on again, deleted the app and reinstalled.  I have the latest update on my phone installed.  I even changed my password but the app still won't open after I put in my email and password.  I emailed my request for the SHB to the regular Princess email address several days ago and have not gotten a response as some people here are saying they are getting.  Thank you for your assistance.

I wrote Stockperks as I have the same iPhone issue. It is a known issue with some iPhones and they are working on it..

@ShipWalker  Thank you.  Unfortunately, since I commented here, my purse with my phone was stolen in a vehicle smash and grab of my car and another at the VA cemetery this afternoon.  So I now have to replace it.  Maybe I will have better luck with the new one.  How is that for trying to look on the bright side!!  

Downloaded the Stockperks app yesterday. Chose "ALINEA" (learned this from another cruise critic here) and only needed to upload a picture of my portfolio page showing my holding in Carnival. Of course redacted any other information from the page. My request was accepted and my shareholder OBC was posted within hours. Believe me, I wasn't thrilled to find out about this either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update:  I submitted a request to redeem my Stockperks last Wednesday afternoon.  I just got an email notification that it was applied this morning (Tuesday).  So they do seem to be adhering to the within 5 business day timing for processing.

image.png.bd79eb9782c4b66d313e4492db9d2b4c.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I downloaded the Stockperks app to my iPhone 11 yesterday. It took a couple tries to link to my bank brokerage.  I did not like giving them access to my bank accounts as well but could not proceed without doing so.  I supplied the cruise data and got an email confirmation. I will know by next Monday if it worked.

When it came to the brokerage info, I simply typed etrade and was promoted to upload a copy of my brokerage statement. I just sent a single page showing my CCL stock holding.

I got a confirmation shortly after to say that they had received it and would review it within the next 2 days

19 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

I downloaded the Stockperks app to my iPhone 11 yesterday. It took a couple tries to link to my bank brokerage.  I did not like giving them access to my bank accounts as well but could not proceed without doing so.  I supplied the cruise data and got an email confirmation. I will know by next Monday if it worked.

I used the Alinea option that did not require any linkage to our brokerage account.  I only had to upload the same proof of stock ownership that I always have emailed / faxed to Princess in the past - a page from our brokerage statement with the account number redacted.  Others on this thread have had success with that option too.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

As @azbirdmom mentioned above, you can use the StockPerks Alinea option rather than the “default” Plaid option, to avoid logging onto your brokerage account, to manually upload your applicable brokerage information.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 1:16 PM, ShipWalker said:

I wrote to Stockperks and received this within an hour.

"Hi ShipWalker - thanks for reaching out.  Some iPhone users are having this crashing issue that we're looking into right now.  I will let you know once we have this resolved.

I appreciate your patience - we'll get you your credit!

Kind regards"

And this is acceptable for a novice company that wants total access to your brokerage accounts?  Princess must be joking..

• Like 2

It’s funny because I applied for my credit for a January cruise last week.  It still hasn’t been applied but it should be applied tomorrow, as this weekend days don’t count.  
Anyway, I saw here I could apply for the credit on a cruise as far out as July so, I applied for a cruise I have booked for late April and it posted within hours.  
I will see what happens with the January cruise .. it should be applied any day now.  Fingers crossed! 

2 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

It’s funny because I applied for my credit for a January cruise last week.  It still hasn’t been applied but it should be applied tomorrow, as this weekend days don’t count.  
Anyway, I saw here I could apply for the credit on a cruise as far out as July so, I applied for a cruise I have booked for late April and it posted within hours.  
I will see what happens with the January cruise .. it should be applied any day now.  Fingers crossed! 

Tomorrow is the big day for us too. We applied last Thursday for SOBC to be reinstated on two of our bookings, one for this coming January and one in July. We originally had the SOBC applied to both of them. But it was eliminated when we refared each of them after the No MOBC-SOBC policy was implemented June 29. We're hoping that we will be able to have the SOBC put back on both of the bookings since that policy was later rescinded (according to what we read here on CC). 🤞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Tomorrow is the big day for us too. We applied last Thursday for SOBC to be reinstated on two of our bookings, one for this coming January and one in July. We originally had the SOBC applied to both of them. But it was eliminated when we refared each of them after the No MOBC-SOBC policy was implemented June 29. We're hoping that we will be able to have the SOBC put back on both of the bookings since that policy was later rescinded (according to what we read here on CC). 🤞

I have my fingers crossed for you, too.  
I am so happy they reinstated the combination of those credits, not because either of us have military service to claim but because I’m so thankful to you and those that have served.  

• Thanks 1

I submitted a photo of my Charles Schwab letter and two days later got confirmation of acceptance. I then put in my booking number, I got an automatic response that usually you have to apply four weeks before a cruise but they will try and I should hear back in five days. My cruise is in 11 days