Tuesday November 28th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Today is It's Letter Writing Day, National French Toast Day, and Mauritania Independence Day

We'll love you just the way you are if you're perfect. - Alanis Morissette

Meal Suggestion for today - One Pot Spanish Chicken and Rice
Drink of the Day - Blue Flurry
Wine of the Day - Parcelica Chica Monastrell
Destination of the Day - Naples, Italy

Today in History:
1520 Portuguese navigator Ferdinand Magellan begins crossing the Pacific Ocean
1893 Women vote in a national election for the first time, in the New Zealand general election
1925 Grand Ole Opry premieres as WSM Barn Dance on WSM radio Nashville, Tennessee

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 15:00

Koningsdam

La Paz, Baja California Mexico 08:00 - 17:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Ocho Rios, Jamaica 08:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Statendam

Alicante, Spain

Oosterdam

Pisco, Paracas-Puerto General San Martin, Peru 07:00 - 16:00

Rotterdam

Williamstad, Aruba

Volendam

Nawiliwili, Lihue, Kauai Island Hawaii 08:00 - 18:00

Zaandam

Fortaleza, Brazil 08:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

Luderitz, Namibia 08:00 - 17:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Napier, New Zealand 08:00 - 17:00

Westerdam

Surabaya, Java Indonesia 08:00 - 18:00

1128World.png.d2733cfad4c5c093d8e1a6850f436127.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 20

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, weaning CPAP

Rafinmd with fluid around the chest, in the hospital in FL

Heartgrove’s DW Sue positive for Covid

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana’s pulmonary issues, recovering from pneumonia

57redbird needing spinal fusion at L4-5

RMLincoln’s DH with glaucoma issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy extubated, weaning CPAP & can be held!

Aliaschief not needing knee surgery!

Quilty964 taking last dose of Paxlovid, and feeling well

Heartgrove testing negative now for Covid, but having sleep issues

RMLincoln now at her new home/community in NJ

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

5 days for RedNeckBob (Celebrity Reflection Dec 3 to Dec 17, B@B, Bimini, Grand Cayman & Mexico/ABC Islands)

Cruise Suzy (Eurodam to Nov 29, Southern Caribbean Wayfarer), arzz (Seabourn Sojourn to Dec 1, Leeward Island Jewels), Cruzin Terri (Oceania Vista to Dec 1, Caribbean Wanderlust Miami to Miami), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to Dec 3, B2B, Barcelona to Lisbon, Lisbon to Miami), Himself (Rotterdam to Dec, Southern Caribbean Seafarer), Niagarawine (Rotterdam to Dec 3, Southern Caribbean Seafarer),  Nickelpenny (Volendam to Dec 10, Circle Hawaii),Av8rix (Koningsdam to Jan 6, 10n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 11n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 5n Mexico + 16n Circle Hawaii Holiday), Haljo1935 (Nieuw Statendam to Dec 10, Passage to America) and Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam to Jan 14, 51d B2B2B2B2B Southern Caribbean/PC Sunfarer (21n) + Eastern/Western Caribbean (14n) + Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer (16n))

• Like 22
  • Thanks 19

Good morning.

It is 6°C and sunny at the beach.

Thank you Rich for today's fleet reports and Daily topics.

3 good days today.

I don't like today's quote because if we like/ love someone they don't need to be perfect although I think we all believe our partners are perfect.

We have been to Naples (Napoli) many times on cruises.

Naples is an interesting city with crazy drivers.

Prayers 🙏 for Roy @rafinmd and all of our Dailyite friends who are unwell.

I hope everyone has a great day.

IMG_20231128_113246.jpg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Very windy here, and we've got a snow squall warning.  I heard the snow plow a couple of hours ago, I guess it will be a busy day for them.

I confess that I haven't written a letter in years.  I try to include a note in Christmas cards that I send, but I wouldn't call it a letter.  I like French toast.  Congrats to Mauritius.

Not sure what to make of the quote, but I think it reflects the fickle nature of our society.

I'll like the meal, looking forward to seeing recipes.  I hope the drink and wine are good too.

I enjoyed our visit to Naples years ago, I'd like to go back.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a great day.  Stay safe.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report!

After three phone calls and approximately 90 minutes of hold time and talking with HAL reps, we were able to cancel our March 2024 cruise and we are now sailing on December 17 on the NS for a 10-day Southern Caribbean cruise. 

I hope everyone here has a great day! 

PS Yes, someone took the "C" from the Dominica sign...

IMG_0264.JPG

Edited by seagarsmoker
  • Like 35
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  It’s an in office day so I must go out in the cold.  I enjoy French toast for breakfast especially if bacon comes with it.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good, DH makes chicken with rice and includes beans in the mix.  I hope everyone has a good day today.
image.thumb.png.2d019d707aff8ccb29dcde0809bde5e6.png

• Like 10
  • Haha 26

Good morning friends!  Hope you are all well.  This morning it is a shivery 34F, but will rise to about 52 today.  We will have some morning clouds and afternoon sun.  Tonight will be even colder so time to dress warmly.

Thanks to Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily.  Writing letters, a lost art!  Actually we all write but rarely mail them to friends and loved ones.  I happened to type and print out a letter to someone yesterday and actually mailed it to them!!  I have no other way of contacting them.  We can all join together to enjoy French toast today.  In addition those in Mauritania can celebrate their independence.   An interesting quote by Alanis Morissette.  The menu suggestion sounds interesting so will be checking out the recipe from Debbie.  Not sure I'd like a Blue Flurry or the wine.  It's nice to remember events in the past like the Grand Old Opry beginnings, the right of women in New Zealand to vote way back in 1893 and explorer Magellan setting out on the ocean so many centuries ago.  Thanks Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for your wonderful reports later on.  We appreciate you!

Prayers for all in Israel and Ukraine and I hope things turn the corner soon for you all.  Praying all the hostages come home soon.  Many prayers for our friends here on the Daily for less pain and successful outcomes to your health issues.  Praying that Roy @rafinmd is coming around and will soon be discharged so he can head home. Thankful to hear Bruce's @aliaschief leg problem is not going to require surgery and is healing.  Special prayers for DB, Scott and Bob and their wives.  Bad news yesterday for Scott because he has tested positive for Covid!  Susan has had conflicting test results all week (she has COPD), and now Scott who is still weak and recovering slowly from his heart attacks has it.  His daughter is a nurse and demanded the doctor order Paxlovid after suggesting he take zinc and vitamin D-13 for it.  Hope he gets his Paxlovid this morning.🙏 Cheering for our friends cruising and celebrating happy events in their lives. Have fun y'all! Thanks go to Vanessa @JazzyV for your list keeping every day!  Great job!  Fingers crossed you have some help soon with your leg issue and get some sleep soon.

The port of the day is Naples, Florida which was our port only once before on February 23, 2022.  This is a popular port in the Med and there's a lot for us to do there.  Having done pretty much all of those things on our 7 visits, today I think I'll focus on our tour of the island of Capri mainly.  Below is the link for Feb. 23, 2022.  I'll gather my photos of Capri to show you next.

One person celebrating a happy event is my dear twin sister. Today is my twin's 54th wedding anniversary so sending them my good wishes.  I was married in September of 1969 and she was not engaged that day due to having a little tiff with her boyfriend.  A few days later, they made up and became engaged!  Twelve short weeks later they married, and I loaned my twin my wedding gown to wear.  Same people attended both weddings and no one said a word about the same dress showing up!  LOL!

Hoping you have a great day my friends!  Stay safe and well!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Blue Flurry Cocktail:

Ingredients
1/2 part Pinnacle® Original Vodka
1/2 part DeKuyper® Blue Curacao Liqueur
3 parts Pineapple Juice
1/2 part Cream of Coconut
4 parts Ice
Shredded Coconut

Instructions
In a blender, blend ice, pineapple juice, blue curacao, vodka and cream of coconut until desired consistency is reached.
Rim the glasses: Pour a thin layer of corn syrup onto a plate and dip the rims into the corn syrup, then dip in coconut flakes.

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 6.59.24 AM.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 12

Good morning. My attitude and optimism are better today. If you didn’t check yesterday’s Daily afternoon I have been walking around since June with about an 1-1.5 inch fracture around the head of my tibia. It is healing no further treatment other then being careful.

Meal of the day more of that feathered meat. Last night we had some fall off the bone beef ribs that had been slowly cooking in red wine sauce all day. So good.

Another Doctors appointment today seeing my regular and to bring him up to date and review some test results.

It’s 42 degrees outside and the temperature will only rise to 58.

Wish I could be of any assistance to Roy but he is a 12 drive away. I can still offer prayers for a sound diagnosis and treatment.

Graham it’s good to have you back. Understand your need not to advertise travels plans on social media in Europe but feel your pretty well covered here on CC. I’m also hesitant using other social media when I’m divulging travels and they have more info like last name and hometown’s. No one would want to deal with our Special OPs house sitter.

Thanks Rich and to all who make the Daily possible.Bruce

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 19
  • Haha 22

Today the port is Naples, Italy.  That is a great stopping point to head to so many interesting places on the Italian coast.  Below is my report on one of our stops in Naples when we headed via a ferry to nearby Capri.

In October 2013 we took a maiden transatlantic cruise on the lovely Royal Princess.  We flew to Venice and stayed a night in an old monastery before we boarded the recently launched ship.  A few days later we arrived in Naples where we decided to take a tour of Capri.  We were led out to the marina to board a hyrdrofoil.  That was a very rough ride to the island of Capri!  I’m so glad I took my meclizine well in advance just in case!  One woman was so sick I offered her some meclizine for her ride back to Naples later on.  It was already too late for the ride over.  Here’s the vessel in question.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

A slightly blurry photo in Capri of the mountain top site we would visit later - Anacapri

First we were led around the shopping area near the marina area.  It’s called Capri Town.

Then they took us by minibus up to Anacapri.  There they showed us the shops including a place that sold very expensive inlaid marquetry tables.  Not buying!

Then we went to see the beautiful Villa San Michele.  From up there you could see views of Naples, Capri Town, Sorrento and even Mt. Vesuvius.

After wandering through the gardens and given some shopping time, we walked to our lunch restaurant.

Finally!  Lunch was at the Hotel Laresidenza

The patio overlooking the beautiful scenery around Capri

After our lunch inside, we were free to wander around the Gardens of Augustus for some amazing views of the cliffs, seas and gardens

The famous viewpoint showing the rock formations named Faraglioni

Time to head back to Naples

In 2014 we did a Holy Land cruise on the Prinsendam.  I had set up a private tour of the Amalfi coast so we set out with our driver and had a wonderful day there.  Our driver actually took our picture for us and did a fine job.  I keep a copy of this photo which is in a frame and sitting in our family room.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJyxf_HP2e1MllDzIadvTUW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416775397

I'm either standing in a hole or DH is standing on a rock - he is only 1 inch taller than me!😄

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

Good Tuesday morning. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Expecting some snow flurries today. It will be cold. Fancy does not like the cold so it will be a bit of a battle to get her to go outside and do her business. She has a coal but hates wearing it. 

Heading to the office to see clients today. After work yesterday I did like seeing the Christmas lights as I drove home. 

Thinking of all o the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.a845ec87ecf8f9fb9aa55141e37ef195.png

• Like 31
  • Haha 4

Good morning Daily-ites 

Up at the crack of dawn on day 4 in Aruba on the beautiful Rotterdam. 

Yesterday after breakfast we went into town. Allen wanted to make sure we didn't skip anything while we were here in January. Nope..

I did get 2 sea glass/drift wood/wind chimes 2 of my friends asked for (We are having Christmas with our group after we return in January) so it was productive. 

20231127_110944.thumb.jpg.5d4470800fe5de91d80b94e4127b6701.jpg

20231127_102329.thumb.jpg.a8fb2b4c128c3a6611f0b0322cf18322.jpg

As I mentioned last night we had dinner in Canaletto of sea bass and pasta with clams and shrimp. Enjoying a conversation with @Niagarawine and DH nearby.

Later Allen and I sat under the stars and had a nightcap. 

Today Allen is sticking close to the Lido pool while I go to the market and try to find a type of stick cinnamon my girlfriend wants. I have plenty of places to shop over the next few weeks.

I lift prayers for our Roy, Tana, baby Murphy, Vanessa, those with Covid and other illnesses.

Sandi prayers for your family and friends.

God bless you and know you are loved!

• Like 36
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites 

Yesterday after breakfast we went into town. Allen wanted to make sure we didn't skip anything while we were here in January. Nope..

I did get 2 sea glass/drift wood/wind chimes 2 of my friends asked for (We are having Christmas with our group after we return in January) so it was productive. 

As I mentioned last night we had dinner in Canaletto of sea bass and pasta with clams and shrimp. Enjoying a conversation with @Niagarawine and DH nearby.

Today Allen is sticking close to the Lido pool while I go to the market and try to find a type of stick cinnamon my girlfriend wants. I have plenty of places to shop over the next few weeks.

I lift prayers for our Roy, Tana, baby Murphy, Vanessa, those with Covid and other illnesses.

Nice picture of you and Allen, Joy!  Glad to hear you're having fun, so keep it up!  Thank you for your prayers for my family and friends.  I'm grateful to be healthy while so many others are suffering so praying for good health for all (including you and Allen). ❤️

• Like 26

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich!  Well it is 47 and our cold water is cold! Winter is coming. I had to wear socks with my Tevas this morning. I have turned into a Florida wimp!😎 Yesterday turned into a spectacular day: sunny and low sixties. It is a bit cloudy right now, so not sure what to expect. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with our happenings. Praying that you find relief for your pain - soon!

@rafinmd Roy, praying that the medical folk get you back on your feet soon. Have you let your niece know what is happening? You might not want to worry her, but you know she would want to know. 

Gym, Bindi walks, chores and meeting with neighbors to discuss decorating the cul de sac. Maybe there will be some wine. 😉

IMG_1906.jpeg.9dbc80856d78b815ef77396485d1d157.jpeg

IMG_2077.jpeg.2da2608edd892e1f51e5ea842bca9b02.jpeg

IMG_2078.jpeg.77ba8ab6a83a254db252cdef7027f9ef.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Especially those suffering from debilitating pain or conditions. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Parcelica Chica Monastrell 2019

I admit I had no clue what to expect when I started to research this Spanish red blend. Its name gave away nothing to me. 😎. But I would definitely love to taste this one! Might be a bit too bold for me, but maybe not. I used the 2019 vintage info, since it is still very available and is ready to enjoy now. Online prices start at a very reasonable $9.99 - which makes it an easy one to try!

91 James Suckling

James Suckling-Murcia, Spain - "A very rich, juicy wine with the alcohol coming through, but there's plenty of blue fruit and polished, chewy tannins. Flavorful finish. New wood comes through. Yet, I like the opulence and the flavors here."

Product Details

Spain: Region Yecla

Red blend

ABV 14.5%

Fruity, Oak

Full-bodied

• Like 23
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 7

Roy’’s update for this morning:

Monday night was at least somewhat better with just 1 interruption for vital’s but I don’t think I actually got a lot of sleep;  it seemed to be almost a nodding off.

No plan yet; the doctor should be by this morning with implications of my echo.
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 26

Today’s quote was written by Alanis Morissette, a Canadian singer songwriter when she was 19 years old.  The song Perfect is on her extremely successful album Jagged Little Pill  released in 1995. The song is from the perspective of a parent trying to live vicariously through their child, who they push hard to achieve to the point that it is having a negative impact on the child.  

I am an Alanis fan.  I saw her in October.  Here’s the entire song.

Thanks to all who make the Daily a special place.  Positive thoughts to those who need them.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 6°C and sunny at the beach.

Thank you Rich for today's fleet reports and Daily topics.

3 good days today.

I don't like today's quote because if we like/ love someone they don't need to be perfect although I think we all believe our partners are perfect.

We have been to Naples (Napoli) many times on cruises.

Naples is an interesting city with crazy drivers.

Prayers 🙏 for Roy @rafinmd and all of our Dailyite friends who are unwell.

I hope everyone has a great day.

IMG_20231128_113246.jpg

Welcome back Graham! Such a clean looking dashboard!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

42 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Today the port is Naples, Italy.  That is a great stopping point to head to so many interesting places on the Italian coast.  Below is my report on one of our stops in Naples when we headed via a ferry to nearby Capri.

In October 2013 we took a maiden transatlantic cruise on the lovely Royal Princess.  We flew to Venice and stayed a night in an old monastery before we boarded the recently launched ship.  A few days later we arrived in Naples where we decided to take a tour of Capri.  We were led out to the marina to board a hyrdrofoil.  That was a very rough ride to the island of Capri!  I’m so glad I took my meclizine well in advance just in case!  One woman was so sick I offered her some meclizine for her ride back to Naples later on.  It was already too late for the ride over.  Here’s the vessel in question.

A slightly blurry photo in Capri of the mountain top site we would visit later - Anacapri

First we were led around the shopping area near the marina area.  It’s called Capri Town.

Then they took us by minibus up to Anacapri.  There they showed us the shops including a place that sold very expensive inlaid marquetry tables.  Not buying!

Then we went to see the beautiful Villa San Michele.  From up there you could see views of Naples, Capri Town, Sorrento and even Mt. Vesuvius.

After wandering through the gardens and given some shopping time, we walked to our lunch restaurant.

Finally!  Lunch was at the Hotel Laresidenza

The patio overlooking the beautiful scenery around Capri

After our lunch inside, we were free to wander around the Gardens of Augustus for some amazing views of the cliffs, seas and gardens

The famous viewpoint showing the rock formations named Faraglioni

Time to head back to Naples

In 2014 we did a Holy Land cruise on the Prinsendam.  I had set up a private tour of the Amalfi coast so we set out with our driver and had a wonderful day there.  Our driver actually took our picture for us and did a fine job.  I keep a copy of this photo which is in a frame and sitting in our family room.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJyxf_HP2e1MllDzIadvTUW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416775397

I'm either standing in a hole or DH is standing on a rock - he is only 1 inch taller than me!😄

Excellent photos of Capri famous for the actress Gracie Fields.

Lovely photo of you and Dennis.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites 

Lovely photo of you and Allen Joy.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1