The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday, January 11th, 2024

kazu

Good morning,

Thank you Jacqui for the Daily and Fleet Report and to Vanessa for the Lists

We are getting ready to go to the Neurologist.

I will report back later.

Please say a prayer that we can handle this.

Thanks

Terri

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!   We all know how dangerous cigarettes are - DH's daughter smoked for years and about 5 years ago said she was quitting.  Well she did stop smoking cigarettes, but now vapes instead.  As if that's any better for her lungs.  Sheesh!  I'm lucky to still have a boy to hug, so I'll definitely do that today.  Hot toddies will be most welcome today!

Okay, it's just damn cold.  Right now it's -29C (-20F) and there's a whopper of a wind bringing the wind chill factor to -37(-34C), so that's winter on the "frozen tundra".  And it hasn't reached it's coldest yet; according to the weather app, on Friday night we're expecting an overnight low of -35C and who knows what kind of wind, but it will definitely bring the temp to past -40C (which is also -40F).  

We were so happy to see our fellow out there clearing off the driveway yesterday, as there was a lot of snow.  He shoveled the entire double drive, the front sidewalk, around the side of the house and then our back patio.  I was surprised to see that the neighbour who had also hired this young man still had a ton of snow on her driveway, but thought maybe he just needed a break for some coffee and a warm-up.  Shortly after lunch he returned - this time with a large snow blower; I guess he figured it wasn't worth ruining his back, and bought a big machine to help do his work.  Work smarter, not harder.

@StLouisCruiserswishing Ren a very Happy Birthday.

@Cruzin Terrisending good vibes for your DH's neurologist appointment today.

Very little on the agenda today, just sorting through some cruise clothing, and then I have to look at emptying out our kitchen cabinets and drawers.  Our son-in-law who is a house painter is coming in while we're away and will be refinishing the kitchen cabinets - yay!  They're really looking shabby and it's time for a renewal; I'll be happy when we return to see shiny cabinets again.  I have to get a number of boxes and clear off the dining room table so I can put all our dishes, pots & pans, and assorted casseroles and cooking utensils on it.  A lot of work, but it will definitely be worth it.

I'm going to pass on the drink of the day, would love the Cava, and think the menu suggestion would be so easy to do.  We had spaghetti last night, and DH is going out for coffee with his bandmates to a little coffee shop not far away that makes great toasted roast beef sandwiches, so he said he'll bring a couple home for us to enjoy at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, and even for those who don't think they are.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

I think this weekend is going to be a great weekend for hot toddies.  Currently 2 degrees F, and this weekend the high is forecast to be below 0 F each day.  Wind chills to be minus 30 F.  I had better hit the liquor store to prepare.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  I don’t smoke but a hot toddy is always welcome when I have a cold, thankfully mine has disappeared.  Humorous quote.  The meal suggestion sounds good but a definite pass on the drink.  I haven’t been to today’s port but am enjoying the photos that folks have so kindly shared.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to those of you who are celebrating happy events like @StLouisCruisers DGS Ren!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. The sun makes an appearance today but the rain will soon return. I saw pictures of our local flooding, especially of one of the hospitals but it is minor when compared to New Jersey.

i will hug my DB when he and my DSIL come for a visit today. They are staying overnight which has us up to capacity at least on my side of the house. The table will need another leaf tonight for dinner but it is nice to have visitors.

A very Happy Birthday to Ren!   @StLouisCruisers, Sandi.  Thank you for the pictures also. It look like a beautiful place.

I remember when the first Surgeon general reports came out. Two of my uncles managed to quit. My parents and oldest brother did not. All three passed away at young ages from either head and neck or lung cancer.

@dfish, Debbie, I loved your story about the hot toddies! My DD DH did not heed my warnings on his first Swedish Christmas Eve and had more than one glass of glug . Major mistake!

Take care everyone 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

In April 2010 we stopped on our Diamond Princess Asia to Alaska cruise in the port of Nha Trang, Vietnam.  It definitely used to be and still is a resort town.  It has a really lovely beach.  Here is a photo as the ship arrived and anchored.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJSwwcmZjX_pRHewi10YiMOldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000314

We took a tour which first took us to Bao Dai Villa, a palace on a hill built for the last Vietnamese king, Bao Dai.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLrB9cjwRO7o0eV5Evq1UXb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000412

Ship at anchor as seen from the hill the palace was situated on.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKS7H4gtpFJYIpqsNYkWUiT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000431

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIjbghVyN6gD4JU2McC7A8PUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1664366206

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIm_LI34QoFvaq_BXM0HcqGUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1664366001

We had to walk back down the hill to board our bus again.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLmJHE439zIkGrHFNTBrqQL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000547

View from the bus as we headed to an embroidery studio.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJhDSaoSWstHXuEmVeZtFYVrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000548

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIZVFCsv_zfiMzVEraFBD6IUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1664366009

Amazing the patience these young ladies have while they work on these intricate embroidered pieces.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-TIzt7XEhNY88rOqilHxV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000598

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKNNeH9bGj3mmQ_zJvd4LW8ldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1664366021

You could purchase a souvenir here but had better be able to carry it home with you.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJSKl5Ui8zEP3D_-fVi2TSn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000645

Their gowns include lots of their embroidery work.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK6BsoqQO22lHlxjbrfpKt1V7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1664366028

This is the beach across the street from some huge hotels.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLd37RGhr0hFLxaYuY5PSQQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000710

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVItIiciZ06vX-niujt-5e6qUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000711

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIem8k5Tv-n6K8n5NyHhAOn4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000726

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVILBRzef0mlA7aofFKvePns?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000754

Heading back to our tender dock00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI41z9EHh6xK6A-H_7n_aseUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000861

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ4NzV_CgJoZl2VJ1xAh537Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000892

It was a nice day actually!  I can see why people would want to vacation there in Nha Trang.  Hope you enjoyed my travel photos.

I vacationed there for a year back in 1967-68 courtesy of the United States Air Force with all expenses paid.

IMG_0696.jpeg

IMG_0699.jpeg

IMG_0924.jpeg

IMG_0923.jpeg

IMG_0918.jpeg

IMG_0698.jpeg

IMG_0695.jpeg

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 13

🙏 for Terri and Jim!  Glad you got home ok. Understandable that you gave out yesterday, the whole trip caught up to you. 

🎈🎂 Happy birthday Ren 🎉!  He’s already accomplished so much!  Thanks for sharing him with us Sandi. 

Happy to hear @seagarsmoker is getting interviews!  

Should be sunny here today and good for a few days in Northern NJ. Tomorrow we drive west to the DMV. Next doctor appt is Tuesday, could be snowing but it’s early still so we’ll watch. I haven’t driven on these roads in snow so I’m very nervous about being unfamiliar with how traffic does. The direction we need to go for that appt is through areas flooding now. We need to learn some alternate routes. Yesterday we got haircuts, a success!  And found our way using some back roads to a shopping center with a WalMart. We’re really not in need of buying stuff at this stage- have too much already. For general supplies we have a Target and a Home Depot just across the main road, so those are handier but it was good to explore a bit. I’m disappointed the WMs around here don’t have the Superstore grocery departments but we only need breakfast foods and some light lunch snacks anymore, dinners are provided and quite good!  

Vanessa, hoping your sleep continues to improve. 
Blessings to all in need of healing, comfort or hope. Safety to all enduring storms. Smooth travels to all away. Congratulations to all celebrating milestones, Life is Good 🌈
Thanks all for being here and sharing - burdens shared are halved; joys shared are doubled!  
Thanks for the travel pic, I doubt we’ll get to the Far East. I’m hoping later this year we’ll be able to find a cruise but that’s a ways off, lots to do first getting through these eye surgeries. We were blessed to be able to get 6 cruises in 2022 and 2023 - 3 with family and 3 for just the two of us!  It’s good to remember that!  
Be grateful for something today! 
Maureen 

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

I vacationed there for a year back in 1967-68 courtesy of the United States Air Force with all expenses paid.

Thank you for your service. ❤️🇺🇸

• Like 24

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Jacqui! It is a brisk morning of 41 today. But the sky is clear. More “weather” is coming tomorrow. Who knows what it will bring. On Tuesday EVERY state & province on the East Coast was under some type of severe weather warning. 

Vanessa thank you for keeping up with us. I am so happy that you are getting a bit more sleep. Let’s hope your permanent pain relief plan starts soon. 

Gym, Bindi walks, my annual water purifying system maintenance, branch patrol (the wind finally died down) and chores should keep me busy. 

IMG_2362.jpeg.9c5d53c3f0637cb8aefe5fa162dd332a.jpeg

IMG_2368.jpeg.b5c94a29640b29d85f6e7c114352c4cf.jpeg

IMG_2363.jpeg.e25bc88a665e2b2ef9b65297bb2636ad.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Especially those with debilitating pain or conditions. And those grieving the loss of a loved one. And the caregivers.  Thinking of you Tana, Terry & Melissa. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. @dfish Debbie you will love your balcony in Hawaii. Enjoy!

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, wish Ren a Happy Birthday for me, too!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Llopart 2011 Original 1887 Brut Nature Sparkling (Cava)

I love this wine’s name. it sounds lovely. It has quite a history, a huge number of fans and awards, and though a bit pricey for me - it is actually reasonable for what it delivers. Numerous online distributors with online prices starting at $79.95.

Distributor’s notes

Llopart Original 1887 Brut Nature is a sparkling wine produced by LLopart in Subirats (Barcelona), specifically in Corpinnat  (the EU collective brand born in the Catalan Penedès region).

LLopart is a family-run winery with a long winemaking tradition. In 1385, they documented the transfer of some vines located in the current Heredad Can Llopart to Bernat Llopart. However, it was not until 1887 when they finished the first bottle of sparkling wine, in the country house that the family has in Subirats.

Heredad Can Llopart is the family farm. It is located on a hill with prominent slopes at 340 metres above sea level. The climate in this area has very mild winters, and sunny summers that are not too warm. The mountain range of Montserrat protects the vineyards from the cold northern winds during the winter, making temperatures milder.

LLopart makes all their sparkling wines using the traditional champenoise method,seeking the excellence of all their products from the maximum quality of the raw material, the grape.

Llopart Original 1887 Brut Nature is a sparkling wine made from Xarello, Maccabeu and Parellada, from old mountain vineyards with very low yields.

After the manual harvest, each variety is vinified individually. When the fermentation has ended, they perform a coupage of the three varieties. Then, they carry out the tirage or bottling with yeast and sugar, so that the wine can carry on to its second fermentation in the bottle. After a minimum of 120 months of ageing, they carry out the disgorgement, with no added liqueur d'expédition.

This sparkling wine was initially produced to commemorate the 125th anniversary of the first bottle of sparkling wine from Llopart.

I sent him a text with everyone's wishes which will make his day!  Thanks!

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Sandy, we've gotten our UPS or FedEx deliveries as late as 9 pm..Wow on yours!  Happy Birthday Ren.  Jacqui, we need to wrap you in bubble wrap.  Hugs and prayers to everyone in our wonderful little place in the world.

I wish our drivers would just work later and get the job done!  There must be a rule they have to be back by a certain time.  The tracking suddenly shows a delay, then the following morning shows the package back on the truck for delivery.  This has happened more than once.  Thank you for Ren's birthday wishes.  He's a great kid!

48 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

It is currently snowing outside.  We're only supposed to get about an inch this morning.   It's a warm up for tomorrow's storm.  It's looking like we could get up to 10 inches tomorrow.  We are definitely not driving north to pick up River.  We'll have to reschedule for another time.  We are going to do our mall walk this morning and then stop by the grocery store for fresh veggies.  

Happy Birthday to Ren, DGS of @StLouisCruisers Sandi.  

Hot Toddies reminds me of a story a cousin told me years ago.  She was in college and attending a nearby one so she could live at home.  She came home one day and told her grandmother that she wasn't feeling well.  Aunt Aggie offered to make her a hot toddy to ward off the illness.  Then Aunt Aggie decided that she should have one as well for prevention.  Well, the first one was so good that they decided to have another.  Two certainly would be better than one, right?  I think the second led to the third and by the time Margie, Aggie's daughter, got home from work the two of them were pretty well looped.  What I found interesting about this is that Aggie was always the "good sister" out of the six of them - my grandmother and her sisters.  

Today's meal is interesting.  I think they are just using arugula in place of basil as an alternative pesto sauce for the pasta.  At least that is what it looks like in this first recipe.  https://theclevermeal.com/arugula-pasta/

arugulapasta1.thumb.jpg.9a7b4795e3536f6355cffe0764c48013.jpg

This next one just kind of shreds the arugula to put in with the pasta.  https://www.sipandfeast.com/lemon-arugula-pasta/

arugulapasta2.thumb.jpg.190d42aa0619e1afa6e06edc9244f960.jpg

It seems to be a pretty simple dish to make and not too many variations out there.  

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

Thanks much Debbie!  He will be pleased.

I wish you and Sue could have gotten River this weekend but Mother Nature had a different idea.

39 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

@StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to Ren - 17 is a great age! 🥳🍰

So true!  Thanks so much!

38 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning,

Thank you Jacqui for the Daily and Fleet Report and to Vanessa for the Lists

We are getting ready to go to the Neurologist.

I will report back later.

Please say a prayer that we can handle this.

Thanks

Terri

You've got this Terri.  We will be sending our prayers up for you both.

22 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!   We all know how dangerous cigarettes are - DH's daughter smoked for years and about 5 years ago said she was quitting.  Well she did stop smoking cigarettes, but now vapes instead.  As if that's any better for her lungs.  Sheesh!  I'm lucky to still have a boy to hug, so I'll definitely do that today.  Hot toddies will be most welcome today!

Okay, it's just damn cold.  Right now it's -29C (-20F) and there's a whopper of a wind bringing the wind chill factor to -37(-34C), so that's winter on the "frozen tundra".  And it hasn't reached it's coldest yet; according to the weather app, on Friday night we're expecting an overnight low of -35C and who knows what kind of wind, but it will definitely bring the temp to past -40C (which is also -40F).  

We were so happy to see our fellow out there clearing off the driveway yesterday, as there was a lot of snow.  He shoveled the entire double drive, the front sidewalk, around the side of the house and then our back patio.  I was surprised to see that the neighbour who had also hired this young man still had a ton of snow on her driveway, but thought maybe he just needed a break for some coffee and a warm-up.  Shortly after lunch he returned - this time with a large snow blower; I guess he figured it wasn't worth ruining his back, and bought a big machine to help do his work.  Work smarter, not harder.

@StLouisCruiserswishing Ren a very Happy Birthday.

@Cruzin Terrisending good vibes for your DH's neurologist appointment today.

Very little on the agenda today, just sorting through some cruise clothing, and then I have to look at emptying out our kitchen cabinets and drawers.  Our son-in-law who is a house painter is coming in while we're away and will be refinishing the kitchen cabinets - yay!  They're really looking shabby and it's time for a renewal; I'll be happy when we return to see shiny cabinets again.  I have to get a number of boxes and clear off the dining room table so I can put all our dishes, pots & pans, and assorted casseroles and cooking utensils on it.  A lot of work, but it will definitely be worth it.

I'm going to pass on the drink of the day, would love the Cava, and think the menu suggestion would be so easy to do.  We had spaghetti last night, and DH is going out for coffee with his bandmates to a little coffee shop not far away that makes great toasted roast beef sandwiches, so he said he'll bring a couple home for us to enjoy at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, and even for those who don't think they are.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Thank you very much Gerry.  Ren appreciates it I'm sure.  Wow on the temps and the hopefully young man who does all the hard snow removal.  Glad he got a machine to help him out!

20 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning all.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  I don’t smoke but a hot toddy is always welcome when I have a cold, thankfully mine has disappeared.  Humorous quote.  The meal suggestion sounds good but a definite pass on the drink.  I haven’t been to today’s port but am enjoying the photos that folks have so kindly shared.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to those of you who are celebrating happy events like @StLouisCruisers DGS Ren!

Thanks @Mr. Boston for Ren's birthday wishes.  Sorry I don't know your name!😉

13 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. The sun makes an appearance today but the rain will soon return. I saw pictures of our local flooding, especially of one of the hospitals but it is minor when compared to New Jersey.

i will hug my DB when he and my DSIL come for a visit today. They are staying overnight which has us up to capacity at least on my side of the house. The table will need another leaf tonight for dinner but it is nice to have visitors.

A very Happy Birthday to Ren!   @StLouisCruisers, Sandi.  Thank you for the pictures also. It look like a beautiful place.

I remember when the first Surgeon general reports came out. Two of my uncles managed to quit. My parents and oldest brother did not. All three passed away at young ages from either head and neck or lung cancer.

@dfish, Debbie, I loved your story about the hot toddies! My DD DH did not heed my warnings on his first Swedish Christmas Eve and had more than one glass of glug . Major mistake!

Take care everyone 

Terry, I'm sure Ren will be thrilled to see how popular he is today.  Thank you!  It was a nice day in Nha Trang but it still had its shabby side.  The hotels and beach were very nice indeed.

12 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

I vacationed there for a year back in 1967-68.

@MISTER 67 I remember you commented you had been there while in the military.  Thank you for your service to our country!🫡

10 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

🙏 for Terri and Jim!  Glad you got home ok. Understandable that you gave out yesterday, the whole trip caught up to you. 

🎈🎂 Happy birthday Ren 🎉!  He’s already accomplished so much!  Thanks for sharing him with us Sandi. 

Happy to hear @seagarsmoker is getting interviews!  

Should be sunny here today and good for a few days in Northern NJ. Tomorrow we drive west to the DMV. Next doctor appt is Tuesday, could be snowing but it’s early still so we’ll watch. I haven’t driven on these roads in snow so I’m very nervous about being unfamiliar with how traffic does. The direction we need to go for that appt is through areas flooding now. We need to learn some alternate routes. Yesterday we got haircuts, a success!  And found our way using some back roads to a shopping center with a WalMart. We’re really not in need of buying stuff at this stage- have too much already. For general supplies we have a Target and a Home Depot just across the main road, so those are handier but it was good to explore a bit. I’m disappointed the WMs around here don’t have the Superstore grocery departments but we only need breakfast foods and some light lunch snacks anymore, dinners are provided and quite good!  

Vanessa, hoping your sleep continues to improve. 
Blessings to all in need of healing, comfort or hope. Safety to all enduring storms. Smooth travels to all away. Congratulations to all celebrating milestones, Life is Good 🌈
Thanks all for bring here and sharing - burdens shared are halved; joys shared are doubled!  
Thanks for the travel pic, I doubt we’ll get to the Far East. I’m hoping VTG at later this year we’ll be able to find a cruise but that’s a ways off, lots to do first getting through these eye surgeries. We were blessed to be able to get 6 cruises in 2022 and 2023 - 3 with family and 3 for just the two of us!  It’s good to remember that!  Be grateful for something today! 
Maureen 

Thanks so much Maureen,  It's been my pleasure letting you all get to know such a fine young man.  I like your mantra:  "burdens shared are halves; joys shared are doubled".  Very true!

Now time to get working on the stocking again.  Got a good bit done yesterday though work is slow.  DH wants to go out today while it's sunny to go to Xfinity to drop off some pieces of equipment, maybe lunch out and a stop at Sam's Club which isn't in our small town.  That will take up a lot of time. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  We all should know the hazard of smoking 🤫, I have no boy to hug and I remember having a "hot toddy" as a youngster when we were sick (blackberry brandy, honey and lemon).  Funny quote, pass on the drink, meal and libation sounds wonderful and never been to Nha Trang.  My last husband was a ham radio operator (did it in the Navy) and I remember when he would do the dots and dashes instead of CQ, CQ!!  Insulin - what can I say - it is a life saver for many.  

Well, it is not as cold here as many of you - presently 42F climbing to ~50F this afternoon.  But we are under a wind advisory from 1100-1900 today with a hard freeze tonight.  We are under clear skies but a storm is heading our way from the NE.  

Yesterday was productive with getting my eye exam - no change - and ordering my sunglasses.  Made the minestrone, stopped the yogurt draining and putting it into individual servings with fruit puree and cooking the tripe in anticipation for making menudo today or tomorrow.  Roasted some Spanish peanuts and then chilled.

IMG_4068.thumb.JPG.a77523b7bdca24fcffe482b43f97aa2f.JPG

Subbing today for a 6th grade science teacher.  Should be fun.  Did work out this morning and did my PT exercises as a warm up.  We are going to weigh in next week and I think I am up 10# from my lowest weight.  Dang those cruises!  LOL!!

I got the official notice from HAL that we no longer need the Brazilian visa but mine is still in the process.  We will see.

@Cruzin Terri thinking of you today as you and your DH go to the doc; hopefully there is a plan going forward.  Thoughts for those on the care list and cheers to those celebrating.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 26

Good Thursday Morning Dailyites!  it's sunny, and the computer says it's 31 degrees.  Today consists of three shifts in one campaign, and I will only work two hours out of each shift.  This way I can get a break from people screaming at me when I call.  Sometimes being the most hated person in the world just gets me down. A smoking telemarketer.  Yup most hated person in the world.  I dont like arugala either.  

It is true, I'm in a funk that I cant seem to shake. Sometimes the stress of having to be  the inspirator takes a toll on me.  

@StLouisCruisersHappy Birthday to Ren!  I didn't know that FedEx had regular business hours.  Why load a truck if you cant deliver the packages in the alloted time?  Our mail person is back to delivery at night.  And I noticed that when we dropped off some mail the other day, that the front of the post office was open again, and that there were actually people working in the building!  Maybe addressing the problem may be solving the problem.

image.png.ac7fedc93c7b837330cf9d76eba9d40f.png

image.thumb.png.3aa8b151a020a17520936ae8046d6c94.png

image.png.4a79e9085c9d8e0155ccb6df46b2061d.png

image.png.1a935507f18c2673d7f2a2d57b2d099e.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 14

Good afternoon.

It is 45°F and cloudy here.

Cigarettes are extremely dangerous for your health.

I stopped smoking aged 21 which was 46 years ago when I realised what they were doing to my health.

Girl hug boy day is natural and good.

Hot toddy in UK is a whisky with hot water added.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

• Like 21

A nice way to start our transit with breakfast on our verandha. We are next to enter canal. Seven Seas Voyager is in front of us. As expected it is a steam bath outside. I’m already soaked.

Chefs dinner was outstanding with wonderful camaraderie amongst fellow diners.

Tonight we are going out to dinner in Panama City on a ships tour.
More later as we are ready to enter first lock.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good Thursday Morning Dailyites!  it's sunny, and the computer says it's 31 degrees.  Today consists of three shifts in one campaign, and I will only work two hours out of each shift.  This way I can get a break from people screaming at me when I call.  Sometimes being the most hated person in the world just gets me down. A smoking telemarketer.  Yup most hated person in the world.  I dont like arugala either.  

It is true, I'm in a funk that I cant seem to shake. Sometimes the stress of having to be  the inspirator takes a toll on me.  

@StLouisCruisersHappy Birthday to Ren!  I didn't know that FedEx had regular business hours.  Why load a truck if you cant deliver the packages in the alloted time?  Our mail person is back to delivery at night.  And I noticed that when we dropped off some mail the other day, that the front of the post office was open again, and that there were actually people working in the building!  Maybe addressing the problem may be solving the problem.

image.png.ac7fedc93c7b837330cf9d76eba9d40f.png

image.thumb.png.3aa8b151a020a17520936ae8046d6c94.png

image.png.4a79e9085c9d8e0155ccb6df46b2061d.png

image.png.1a935507f18c2673d7f2a2d57b2d099e.png

Thanks for the birthday wishes Annie.  I'll let him know.  Yes, our FedEx drivers are "special" and don't have to work overtime I guess.  But if they got paid extra I'm sure they'd be fine with it.

I'm sorry you're feeling down, but you do have a lot on your plate.  I pray you start feeling more hopeful soon.  Life is really a roller coaster.

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sandi @StLouisCruisers.

Happy 17th birthday to Ren.

cardhs_evieg_bday22_evie379_goal_p.jpg

Thank you Graham!  That is such a cute happy birthday image.  I think I'll send it to Ren on WhatsApp and tell him it was sent by my cruising friend Graham.  As I speak he's probably at morning practice.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  Happy Friday Eve.   Happy Birthday Ren.  I'll pass on the days but fortunate I was never tempted to smoke.

I like the quote.  Great historic days today in medicine and communications.

I visited Nha Trang in 2012 on the Zaandam.

The meal is interesting.  My alternative is .  Thai Chicken and Forbidden Rice Soup, Roasted Rack of Lamb, and Forest Berry Tart as served on MS Prinsendam January 11, 2019. 

dishes0111.jpg

It was a gala night and the penguins were dressed to the hilt:

galapenguin.jpg

Roy

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

This itinerary is costing RCI a lot in fuel. The captain said on Sunday that all engines would have to run full on to reach Puerto Plata by yesterday morning, and yesterday that it would be the same to reach St. Thomas today—and we don’t expect to dock until 11:30. But it’s then a shorter distance to St  Maarten.

I’m at the Vintages wine bar, which is one of the few quiet places on the ship even when it’s open, which is not yet. A waiter from Jamie’s is roaming around, trying to get people to make reservations for tonight. The menu looks like an Americanized version of Italian food; maybe that’s what passengers want? The Italian restaurants on NCL get complaints because the menus are too authentic.

IMG_0064.thumb.jpeg.a4c460f272fd3a9a21c38267906f4750.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Haha 6

52 minutes ago, summer slope said:

While we are on our Hawaii cruise the drink of the day will be posted very late in the afternoon unless someone will be willing to do it from January 28 - February 18.  Please let me know.

Just in time for happy hour each day! Hope you have a good cruise.

• Like 12
  • Haha 4