seafood shack...is it worth it?

csoud68

Following. Has been on Venezia my

last 3 cruises. Very popular and smells great but I’m one of those “I’ve already paid for

my food not gonna pay extra.” I’m a solo cruiser so I’m already paying double for my cruise! Wondering about the clam strips??? 

I have had the fish & chips and the Buffalo shrimp on the Panorama and Venezia, and I think these meals were well worth the extra $8.00 (fish & ships) and $10.00 (shrimp).  It was easy to order on the app and the food was ready when I got there.  I ate there for dinner several times on each cruise.

• Like 5

We tried it for the first time in November. Decent shrimp, clam strips were good (better than most places but not as good as whole belly clams) and crab legs. It satisfied the seafood cravings and didn't break the bank and I was very happy with it. Looking forward to having again on the next few cruises.

Edited by Prometheus1
addendum
  • Like 4

I've had lobster rolls and asked for butter not mayo, just lobster with butter on them. Twice and for me was worth it.

Someone on cc told me ask for butter, not the ready made up stuff mixed with that mayo type stuff. I never tried the fried stuff. $18 on dream I just got off.

The fried mixed fish platter was $20.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, csoud68 said:

Would love a large order of fish n chips..

Ask for two or three pieces of fish at Blue Iguana/taco shop and walk over to Guys for fries (husband gets fries while I am getting fish) and voila not bad Fish ‘n Chips. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I've had lobster rolls and asked for butter not mayo, just lobster with butter on them. Twice and for me was worth it.

Someone on cc told me ask for butter, not the ready made up stuff mixed with that mayo type stuff. I never tried the fried stuff. $18 on dream I just got off.

The fried mixed fish platter was $20.

Thanks for the tip. I had the lobster roll with mayonnaise and only remember bread and mayonnaise with little lobster.

I will try it again with butter rather than mayonnaise.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Joebucks said:

I'd probably try it if it was open later, when less venues are open. There are so many solid, complimentary lunch options, that it makes it tough for me to choose this. 

It's been open kinda late the times I've been on a ship with one. Last month it was open till 10 or 11.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

last 3 cruises. Very popular and smells great but I’m one of those “I’ve already paid for

my food not gonna pay extra.” I’m a solo cruiser so I’m already paying double for my cruise! Wondering about the clam strips??? 

I'm with ya...not sure if I could cruise alone...every time I go to to the breakfast buffet alone  my drink and knife is pushed to the side and people are at my spot.

58 minutes ago, MisterOJ2 said:

It's been open kinda late the times I've been on a ship with one. Last month it was open till 10 or 11.  

I wish it had been open later on our cruise.  It looked like a nice, relaxed, casual dinner option, but, POOF!  It was closed.  

16 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

Hi Karen - I love the Seafood Shack! Last year when we sailed NYC-Eastern Caribbean on Magic we ended up staying on the ship at HMC (another story - but it was worth it to us!) and commandeered a table on Lido for the afternoon. I got the clam strips and DH went for fish and chips. I think the clams are very good - maybe not what I remember from HoJo's in the 1970's, but I really liked them. Oh, and they go very well with gin and tonics.😃

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, nybumpkin said:

Hi Karen - I love the Seafood Shack! Last year when we sailed NYC-Eastern Caribbean on Magic we ended up staying on the ship at HMC (another story - but it was worth it to us!) and commandeered a table on Lido for the afternoon. I got the clam strips and DH went for fish and chips. I think the clams are very good - maybe not what I remember from HoJo's in the 1970's, but I really liked them. Oh, and they go very well with gin and tonics.😃

Great! Thanks! Def going to try my next cruise in March. Seemed whenever it was open they had one of my favorite lunch buffets and by the time I realized SS was open I was stuffed.  So I would just sit at a table in the middle of tables with pax eating their fish and BREATHE DEEPLY. Gained about 5 lbs that way!  

• Haha 4