The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday February 4th, 2024

kazu

Today is Create a Vacuum Day, Dump Your Significant Jerk Day (first Sunday in Fe, and Facebook’s Birthday (the popular social media pl

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome. - Isaac Asimov

Meal Suggestion for today - Ground Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Drink of the Day - Plane Crash
Wine of the Day - Ernest 2020 Edaphos Alder Springs Vineyard Petite Arvine (Mendocino County)
Destination of the Day - Alesund, Norway 

Today in History:

1859 One of the oldest known copies of the Bible, "The Codex Sinaiticus" (Sinai Bible), is seen in Egypt by Constantin von Tischendorf who takes the manuscript home with him
2004 Mark Zuckerberg launches Facebook from his Harvard dormitory room

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Philipsburg St Maarten, Netherlands Antilles eta 02-06

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Nawiliwili, Lihue, Kauai Island Hawaii eta 02-05

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos eta 02-05

Nieuw Statendam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 7:00-15:00 

Oosterdam

Stanley/Falkland Is/Islas Malvinas 

Rotterdam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 7:00-15:00 

Zaandam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas Carnival private island 08:00 - 15:00 

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Kailua-Kona, Hawaii Island eta 02-06

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Hobart, Tasmania Australia eta 02-06

Volendam

At Sea Destination Pulau Komodo Island, East Nusa Tenggara Indonesia eta 02-07

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Shanghai, China eta 02-06

• Like 22
  • Thanks 19

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, on CPAP, gtube

StLouisCruisers’ friend Scott hospitalized for infection, weakness, dehydration

lazey1 with mitral stenosis, now pulmonary edema; getting evaluated

Smitty34877 with multiple family members sick

Haljo1935 with a sinus infection

Marshhawk feeling ill, and Bubbles crossing the Rainbow Bridge

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness; trouble walking

All in the path of storms and frigid temperatures

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza; loss of US military members

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with pulmonary issues

Marshhawk’s DH Chuck post angioplasty, needing another procedure

Ger_77’s DH Maurice with pulmonary edema; getting changes in meds/PM

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Sailingdutchy Welcome Home!

Tupper10 Welcome Home!

57redbird making progress after her spine surgery, but still with some pain

Bgwest, Welcome to the Daily!

Superoma/Kochleffel covering the Daily meal and drink recipes 

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

4 days for Lady Hudson (Vision of the Seas Feb 8 to Feb 16) 8d Southeast Coast & Bahamas

7 days for Quilty964 (Nieuw Statendam Feb 11 to Feb 18) 7d E. Caribbean

Norseh2o (Oceania Regatta to Feb 8 ) 12d NZ Discovery, Cruzin Terri (Oceania Vista to Feb 11) 11d Windward Islands Explorer, summer slope (Koningsdam to Feb 17) 18d Circle Hawaii, Sharon in AZ (Koningsdam to Feb 17) 18d Circle Hawaii, Quartzsite Cruiser (Koningsdam to Feb 17) 18d Circle Hawaii, Dfish & Sue (Koningsdam to Feb 17) 18d Circle Hawaii, 0106(Oosterdam to Feb 20) - celebrating her birthday on board, 22d SA & Antarctica, Ottahand7(Eurodam to Feb 24 B2B2B Caribbean), Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), cruising sister(Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Cruisercl (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

• Like 21
  • Thanks 21

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

A foggy morning here but we should get above freezing by afternoon.  I wonder if we'll see any sun?

Sorry, I won't create a vacuum,  horror vacui (nature abhors a vacuum).  I don't have a significant jerk to dump and I'm not on Facebook.

I like the quote.

The meal sounds good but I'm not sure about the drink.  I hope the wine is nice.

We have been to Alesund a couple of times, a lovely town.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a peaceful day.   Stay safe.

• Like 28

Good morning friends!  It's 43F and rain is coming in the next few hours.  Temps will drop during the day to 41F and will remain fairly steady for the next 24 hours along with continuing rain.  The rain gauge is ready!  🌧️

Thank you Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet maps.  I'm not sure what create a vacuum means but I think if you're dating a jerk you should rethink that policy.  It can come to no good!  I am no fan of Facebook or Mark Zuckerberg so will not celebrate either.  Today is also Homemade Soup Day and Scout Sunday if you'd prefer to concentrate on those two.  The ground beef and broccoli stir fry sounds interesting, but I can't like a drink called Plane Crash.🍹  I wonder what the wine is and know Ann @cat shepard will answer that question.  Thank you to Ann, Eva @superoma and Paul @kochleffel for reporting on the food and beverages today!

Prayers for DB and friend Scott who is in the hospital.  Once he's recovered enough from his latest collapse he will be sent to an in-patient rehab facility.  I've also heard of a Covid outbreak among some relatives in Missouri after a funeral last weekend.  Hopefully everyone will recover fully.  Many prayers for our Daily family including Vanessa @JazzyV, Jane @lazey1, Tana and Terry's @smitty34877's sick family members, Annie @marshhawk and Chuck @catmando, and the Daily DH's with heart and lung issues.  And last but not least the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still waiting to come home, and the soldiers and sailors in the region.🙏

Three cheers for all celebrating happy events and cruising!  🚢  I hope the seas will be smoother and there are no more missed ports for any of you. 🥂  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for staying with us and noting all the events in our lives!

Today will be a fun day for the FC Dallas and Austin FC youth soccer teams.  They will play in Toyota Stadium in Frisco, TX right next to the soccer fields the boys play and practice on.  The adult MLS FC Dallas team usually plays in that stadium.  Admission will be free but concession stands will be open to get refreshments.  And just like the big guys, the boys' jerseys will be hanging in the locker room before the game so they will feel like professional players preparing for the game.  This is a big rivalry so I hope FC Dallas can pull out another win over the Austin team like they did a few weeks ago.

Our port this morning is Alesund, Norway which is a lovely town to visit.  It was only listed here once before on May 16, 2021, a very long time ago.  My photos have disappeared from that post so I will work on them again.  Plus I'll post Lenda's @Quartzsite Cruiser photos from Alesund.  Here's the link for your convenience.

Have a great Sunday, even if it rains all day and night like it will here.  Stay safe and keep well!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 7

Good Morning, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  Today I have nothing on the agenda, all errands were run yesterday.  We did settle on two excursions for March and of course the website said there was an issue with my card until I switched browsers.  I’m looking forward to pictures and recipes for today’s meal suggestion, it sounds good and I’m sure I’d like it.  During the shutdown I removed a lot of information, including “friends”, from Facebook and turned it into more of a newsfeed, cruise information and cat memes.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.thumb.png.d7a1b2828bbd31b097e74e3b13c5dec3.png

• Like 27
  • Haha 5

Good morning all and thanks to Rich, Roy, Ann, Vanessa, Eva & Paul for their dedication.

Interesting collection of days.  I’m not sure I really want to celebrate many of them.  I do appreciate Facebook as it lets me keep in contact with family and friends far away but I fear it has had a detrimental effect on those who are in public mode & on it all day.   Asimov’s quote is true, I think.  I’ll wait for Ann’s description of the wine.  

IMG_1507.thumb.jpeg.24639509d736e5340c30eef274722f0b.jpeg

And, speaking of the days - apologies.  It appears my edits didn’t take and I didn’t see it until it was too late after I was done taking care of Ivan’s morning routine 😔  It is bloody cold out there - Brrr when I opened the door for Ivan.  BRRRR 🥶 🥶

IMG_1508.jpeg.58ec5134ea81f79a3380909c04e239ac.jpeg

I’m quite pleased with myself and Ivan.  He has learned the key command COME.  Apparently his old owner thought basic commands were no more important than vet visits.  he has them now along with a few new ones and many new words 😃. Come was the last one.  Who says you can’t teach an old dog new tricks?

IMG_1509.thumb.jpeg.da37759e30e7a8057ed9b7b274c5149e.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, grief, pain, health issues & those that need them. 🙏  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising. 🥂,

• Like 30
  • Haha 6

Good afternoon.

Thank you to all contributers for making the Daily a special place to come to.

Father David's sermon was so true today.

Our former church warden Paul had been poorly with cancer but this morning we were all shocked and saddened to hear his dear wife Julia has just died suddenly with a very  aggressive cancer which they thought was covid.

We all should thank God for every day we live and to make the most of every day.

God bless.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 13

Alesund, Norway

Our port of the day is one of the prettiest little towns in Norway.  We saw it in 2016 and 2017 on the Prinsendam.    View of the town from the Prinsendam as it docked.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

In this photo note the building on the top of that hill on the far right.  That is Mt. Aksla, which we would climb up for the view of Alesund.

A view of the outside bridge wing on the Prinsendam with Captain D. D. and a member of his staff.   The third person is the pilot.

View outside of the city

For those who can't walk far and who want to see the town, try this trolley.

We headed off the ship and headed for Mt. Aksla.

You can always stop and rest along the way.

Along the way they number random steps and here is a special one for me - my birthdate!  Taken on 2017 visit.

The view from the top.   The Prinsendam with a Disney ship to keep it company down there at the dock.

Above the Mt. Aksla restaurant and visitor's building is this marker on a rock.

I am certain they have tours and local transports to drive you up to the top of Mt. Aksla if you really want to get up there and can't walk it. 

Here is a shot of the end of the stairs near the top.  You can even see MY step, #408.  On the stairs were some of the crew members of the Prinsendam coming up, probably surprised to see the old folks had made it up there ahead of them.  This is a prime spot for photo taking.  Taken in 2017.

Some of the servers in the Lido who we were familiar with.

I think I'll break this up into two posts.  So many photos!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 7

Back again in Alesund, Norway, part 2.

Once we walked back down we took a walking tour of the town.  A beautiful city.

The city was destroyed by fire in 1904 and rebuilt with the favored art nouveau style of the time.

How beautiful is this?  Buildings along the waterfront

Or this area -

Alesund Church burned in 1904 and was rebuilt along with the rest of the city.

Do you think this is really Elvis's hand and footprints?

A troll we spied on a porch.

Alesund is a Norway port most anyone would enjoy.    We’re cruising back there again July 1, 2024.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6

36 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's 43F and rain is coming in the next few hours.  Temps will drop during the day to 41F and will remain fairly steady for the next 24 hours along with continuing rain.  The rain gauge is ready!  🌧️

Thank you Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet maps.  I'm not sure what create a vacuum means but I think if you're dating a jerk you should rethink that policy.  It can come to no good!  I am no fan of Facebook or Mark Zuckerberg so will not celebrate either.  Today is also Homemade Soup Day and Scout Sunday if you'd prefer to concentrate on those two.  The ground beef and broccoli stir fry sounds interesting, but I can't like a drink called Plane Crash.🍹  I wonder what the wine is and know Ann @cat shepard will answer that question.  Thank you to Ann, Eva @superoma and Paul @kochleffel for reporting on the food and beverages today!

Prayers for DB and friend Scott who is in the hospital.  Once he's recovered enough from his latest collapse he will be sent to an in-patient rehab facility.  I've also heard of a Covid outbreak among some relatives in Missouri after a funeral last weekend.  Hopefully everyone will recover fully.  Many prayers for our Daily family including Vanessa @JazzyV, Jane @lazey1, Tana and Terry's @smitty34877's sick family members, Annie @marshhawk and Chuck @catmando, and the Daily DH's with heart and lung issues.  And last but not least the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still waiting to come home, and the soldiers and sailors in the region.🙏

Three cheers for all celebrating happy events and cruising!  🚢  I hope the seas will be smoother and there are no more missed ports for any of you. 🥂  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for staying with us and noting all the events in our lives!

Today will be a fun day for the FC Dallas and Austin FC youth soccer teams.  They will play in Toyota Stadium in Frisco, TX right next to the soccer fields the boys play and practice on.  The adult MLS FC Dallas team usually plays in that stadium.  Admission will be free but concession stands will be open to get refreshments.  And just like the big guys, the boys' jerseys will be hanging in the locker room before the game so they will feel like professional players preparing for the game.  This is a big rivalry so I hope FC Dallas can pull out another win over the Austin team like they did a few weeks ago.

Our port this morning is Alesund, Norway which is a lovely town to visit.  It was only listed here once before on May 16, 2021, a very long time ago.  My photos have disappeared from that post so I will work on them again.  Plus I'll post Lenda's @Quartzsite Cruiser photos from Alesund.  Here's the link for your convenience.

Have a great Sunday, even if it rains all day and night like it will here.  Stay safe and keep well!

Screenshot_20240204_122438.jpg

Screenshot_20240204_122506.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 13

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Jacqui! Roy, thank you for our maps!

It was 67 when Bindi & I headed out this morning at 6:15. Yesterday it was 41! T-storms are possible, but stronger chances to the North of us. We could use the rain. 

Vanessa, thank you for capturing & sharing our happenings. Praying you get relief from your pain soon. 

Gym, Aldi, Bindi walks, chores, a visit with my Sister & her Grandson - a bittersweet visit since this is the first anniversary of her son Matt’s passing. She is the Guardian of Matt’s son. 

IMG_2537.jpeg.bccb83af8f21a71146d6f0960d6f905b.jpeg

IMG_2538.jpeg.fe7a802cc6ec4e37c96147ba05cc060f.jpeg

IMG_2534.jpeg.fcde7bc0c24518f3791d6476cff9999a.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Those suffering from pain, or debilitating conditions, grieving the loss of a loved or in a funk. The caregivers.  Thinking of you & Tana, Terry. Hope the family feels better. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Ernest 2020 Edaphos Alder Springs Vineyard Petite Arvine (Mendocino County)

Wow, an entirely white wine to enjoy - made from a rarely seen grape - at least for us in the States. It sounds lovely. I would love a taste. A decent number of distributors, leaning towards the pricey side - online prices start at $39.00.

95 Wine Enthusiast 

Petite Arvine, a white grape originating from the Swiss region of Valais, is a rarity in the US. What a discovery it is—richly hued with a deep golden yellow and an intensity of aromas and flavors to match: lemon, lime, ripe yellow apple and peach, dewy grass, chamomile, nasturtium leaf and nectar, and a subtle blanched almond nuttiness in the back-palate. Lovely now on its own, versatile enough to pair with a variety of dishes, but this is an example of a white wine that can also age with elegance and grace.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 2

Here are Lenda's @Quartzsite Cruiser's photos from her post on May 16, 2021.

We have been to Alesund on the Prinsendam in 2011 and 2016.  Both times we had grey skies and heavy clouds.  In 2011, we walked around and road the city bus.  In 2016, we took the Ho-Ho and walked around town.

One of our stops in 2011 on our city bus "tour" was the aquarium, which is a nice aquarium for a small town.

P1030024.thumb.JPG.875907db1026cdd596fa3cc016e82370.JPG

One of the more unusual fish on display, but I don't know what it is.

P1020998.thumb.JPG.e943e1970c2e80c93e7384acdfbedd08.JPG

Some of their outdoor residents, who are far from home

P1030023.thumb.JPG.1172848fa0af798239f9e837cb4c834f.JPG

Looking toward the sea from the back outside display area

P1030020.thumb.JPG.5a6007452ae626b596bd0a56cd954c09.JPG

A few pictures from our walks around on both stops

P1020980.thumb.JPG.6560d90753ef667546947a33f9b4d5cb.JPG

P1030027.thumb.JPG.0ffce86a1476ac1e842ee1bc08f0ac51.JPG

P1030028.thumb.JPG.0338b922fff52b94d26aa8db814f3885.JPG

P1030029.thumb.JPG.1a8bb486a3914a185da3f4bd36dbf9c5.JPG

A last look of town as the Prinsendam sailed toward the next port

DSC05727.thumb.JPG.c4ae1b60db45a3eafd77a7538ebe4328.JPG

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 9

1 minute ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Back again in Alesund, Norway, part 2.

Once we walked back down we took a walking tour of the town.  A beautiful city.

The city was destroyed by fire in 1904 and rebuilt with the favored art nouveau style of the time.

How beautiful is this?  Buildings along the waterfront

Or this area -

Alesund Church burned in 1904 and was rebuilt along with the rest of the city.

Do you think this is really Elvis's hand and footprints?

A troll we spied on a porch.

Alesund is a Norway port most anyone would enjoy.    We’re cruising back there again July 1, 2024.

Sandi @StLouisCruisers.

Fabulous photos Sandi of Alesund and yourselves.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Our former church warden Paul had been poorly with cancer but this morning we were all shocked and saddened to hear his dear wife Julia has just died suddenly with a very  aggressive cancer which they thought was covid.

We all should thank God for every day we live and to make the most of every day.

God bless.

That is a sad story about Julia's sudden passing with an undiagnosed very aggressive cancer.  My sympathy to her husband Paul who is also stricken with cancer, and their entire family. 🙏 You are right about making the most of every day we have left on this earth!

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Screenshot_20240204_122438.jpg

Screenshot_20240204_122506.jpg

Thanks for that explanation.  I'll just leave creating a vacuum to someone else today.  I am much too busy stitching on Chris's stocking, keeping up with Cruise Critic, and watching mysteries on TV all at the same time.  Multi-tasking is one of my talents.  LOL

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sandi @StLouisCruisers.

Fabulous photos Sandi of Alesund and yourselves.

Thank you so much, Graham!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Happy Sunday. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Cold but sunny today. I think I have spring fever. My daffodils are making an appearance. I am thinking about my garden and what I need to do to get it cleaned up for the new season. Supposedly this upcoming Saturday we might hit 60. I will the first one at the garden center laying in supplies. As for today, just relaxing. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.2719284df25826406c17c0ed495d07db.png

• Like 23
  • Haha 9

Greetings from beautiful Punta Gorda 

66 right now heading up to 75 but quite a bit of rain coming today and again tomorrow, looks like I won’t be playing golf on Monday. Doesn’t look good either for the final round of the Pebble Beach National Pro-Am out in California, they’re going to get pounded with tons of rain and probably some flooding.

I know some jerks but I wouldn’t call them significant 

Interesting quote

I’ll pass on the meal

Wordle was tough today but I prevailed and got it on the last try, still undefeated at 31-0.

Have a great day and stay well

• Like 30

Good morning everyone.  We are at sea with two days to get to Phillipsburg.  We have a CC meet and greet at 11, first one for this long voyage and a slot pull arranged by someone on our roll call at 1:30.  We had a dinner scheduled at Pinnacle that I booked pre cruise but since I didn't get my Mariner discount refunded I am going to cancel all my prepaids and rebook.  More to do beyond that so we will get there when the Neptune concierge opens at 8am.  

Thanks for the daily reports and maps Jacqui and Roy!   Prayers for all on our care list and the people of Ukraine.  @JazzyVthanks for doing this for us each day and continued prayers for some relief from your leg pain. Have a nice day!  Nancy 

• Like 29

37 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

God bless.

So sorry for the passing of Julia and hope Paul pulls through.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Dailyites 

Blessings to you on this beautiful Sunday. Lifting prayers for a very long list of friends,  family and my personal prayer book. Any updates on Baby Murphy?

Graham,  I'm sorry to hear Julia has passed.

@Sharon in AZ Sharon the thread was closed already when I saw the question on Oliver. His mom was chihuahua and dad was yorkie. He was born Aug 9th, 2022 and spent his 1st 10 months in a tiny cage with his mother and 3 siblings. A sad story..

Facebook or Meta? I have not used in years and I canceled the account about 7 years ago. 

Yeah, I've known a few jerks. 

image.png.1ca0873b30859e7e88c7d58ace9825b6.png

Homemade soup day:

image.png.0eba0d95dfe9bc4778d6a6afb6d26b9a.png

Yesterday was my garage clean day. I put the shelving racks together and arranged everything on them. Then blew out a zillion dead crickets and swept up. I was pretty tired, but happy that chore is complete!

20240203_160032.thumb.jpg.7daefd121112bf1ae66bc03e886b1704.jpg

20240203_160041.thumb.jpg.0aa8d7c5cc155fec93b26a92b41d2941.jpg

Wishing everyone a wonderful Sunday. Call a friend. Be kind. Smile!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Feb 4

Ground beef and broccoli stir fry 

https://www.crazyforcrust.com/ground-beef-and-broccoli/

This recipe is made in a large sauce pan, no wok needed

image.thumb.png.24a1a00aba37a0e304fd3a30f4dce60f.png

Personally, I would use thin cut steak instead of ground beef and make this in a wok.

https://www.food.com/recipe/the-best-easy-beef-and-broccoli-stir-fry-99476

image.png.15f2b29ce6f288b6263ac55839b072c5.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 13

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors!

As far as today days.  Dump your significant Jerk Day. Please, I promise to be a better person on this thread this day forward!  Right!

Vacuum Day. Can’t celebrate since I vacuumed yesterday with one of those automatic vacuums, and it is not the Misses. We call it Roby.

Facebook, no comment, have no Facebook account, don’t twitter, don’t Snapchat, don’t tic toc, etc, etc.

Forgot that been to Alesund and walked the steps.

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 23

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!   I won't be creating a vacuum, don't have a significant jerk to dump, will definitely celebrate the first Sunday in February, and am grateful for Facebook where I'm able to connect with old friends, teachers, and family members.

We had a skiff of snow overnight - which means the driveway isn't black, it's like it has a thin white blanket over it.  Certainly nothing like the Maritimes experienced over the past 24 hours - wow, that's wild!  Sure hope @kazu's area was spared from the brunt of the storm.  Speaking of Jacqui, well done on teaching Ivan another command - when it comes to dogs, you have to have patience and consistency, and I'm so glad he found you as his furever Mom.

It's a quiet Sunday for us, just listening to the Sunday morning oldies on the radio - once a week I get to enjoy music from my era, the 60's and 70's, and working on blankets.  DH will be watching his news programs and continuing to make his trips to the bathroom to get rid of the excess fluid.  He's not up yet this morning so I haven't had the chance to check the swelling in his legs and feet, but there was a noticeable difference yesterday - yay!  This afternoon I'll be watching sail-away on the PTZ PE webcam as our friends depart for their (our) 2 week Caribbean cruise on the Nieuw Statendam.  I hope to catch a screen shot of them to be able to show them when they get back.

I'm not sure about a drink called Plane Crash . . . sounds risky!  I'm going to give a pass on the wine so others can enjoy it, and will look at the recipe for beef & broccoli.  We still have salmon fillets left from last night's dinner, so I'll reheat them and we'll enjoy them along with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in wars not of their making.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1