The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday February 4th, 2024

kazu

1 minute ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning. We will visit another beautiful paradise today Raitea. A peak out the window supports the forecast of a very possible damp day. It doesn’t look good for Bora Bora either. Will see and it is what it is.

We had an enjoyable experience accompanying the Food and Beverage Manager and Executive Chef on a shopping trip to the local market. Our F&B Manager is a former executive chef and was also the Executive Chef on the exclusive ship The World. We sure made some vendors happy. Especially the fish monger as we purchased over a hundred pounds of fresh tuna. Those selling fruits and vegetables also were delighted to see us. Many of the items purchased will be on our Chef’s Market Table dinner tonight for the ten of us who went on the Chef’s shopping excursion. 
Almost seven AM and it’s coffee time. Have a nice day. Some market pics later.  Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.948c743b7ba263393d45057a73698fbd.jpeg

Another great places to snorkel! I heard Patrick retired in Bora Bora, hope someone is still doing his tours.

• Like 11

Good Afternoon from lovely Martinique.

I am posting quickly while I can.

Just to let you all know that I am thinking of you and keeping you all in my prayers.

Posting is difficult.  There is just not enough bandwidth for everyone on this ship.  Oceania has gone from one sign on per stateroom to two.  There is just not enough to go around and everyone is complaining about getting knocked off.

I will post when I am able.

Happy Sunday to all

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

Not on FB and no jerk to dump. Yes to the meal, maybe the drink and wine, not been to the port.

Today is PT and trying to motivate to do laundry. Since the washer decided it wants service, a trip to laundromat is required; something I don't relish, especially in the rain.

The clip on book light I ordered arrived early this morning and came pre-charged so I have been able to test it. Easy to operate - 1 button controls everything: the light color, intensity & power, so I like that. It swivels which is really nice for getting the right angle. It does not have a long neck, so it doesn't pull against the pages. All good, just wish it was thinner so I could leave it attached when I close the book. I guess for less than $6 I can't have everything. 

Currently 54° but feels cooler, headed to rainy (still) 61° so not far to go.

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 

20240204_113323.thumb.jpg.1da7660e28b9fb185d218dc5e337eba4.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kazu said:

2004 Mark Zuckerberg launches Facebook from his Harvard dormitory room

And the smart-@$$ origin still shows!

I'm an admin of one group and several pages, but as far as personal use goes, I'm at the point of stopping. Too many of my so-called friends are dedicating themselves to keeping everyone in a state of panic, or else reposting hoaxes, now including a combination of two unrelated hoaxes.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

I’m sure Raitea in the Cook Islands is beautiful but we won’t be checking out today. It’s pouring and weather is deteriorating. Will enjoy a restful day onboard.

Bora Bora is very questionable at this moment.

Feel bad for those on this segment but one has to be prepared for these moments.

image.thumb.jpeg.b167734e5423180a59c1287d2a0a099d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d6ec6c6f05f9ff0e557aac3766b9a4c0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bda5a59e94e68978656dcde91d2e8acd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.587e603261f553d735d071187d5edc4c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0c90661fc775e853410b9e45601e32c8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1cf98cf4d6a09f3052d984e9acba0657.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c2cd7b8e9ca82aec6c1b17143d4749d3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ab3566c8727aa62e11c51bcdbff5a742.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

I am on Facebook mainly for equine rescues, nature photography and Holland America groups.  We have a slot pull coming up set up through our Eurodam 2/3 Facebook group.  

@Crew News had set up a well attended meet and greet and we met some nice people.  Always nice to do early in the cruise.  Thanks Roger! 

I am sharing a sailaway photo that Bill Raffel took.  On weekends he takes dozens of photos of HAL ships departing.  Yesterday was a picture perfect sailaway day and he got John and I. 

FB_IMG_1707017357994~2.jpg

Edited by ottahand7
Incomplete
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's maps.  Lot of bunching in the Caribbean today:

global1.jpg.9f1401b6a0e42a1590d9afe70b91a1c5.jpg

caribbean1.jpg.4897106c6d0284963668f7bc54451c78.jpg

Roy

Hey Roy - is this the version you've decided to go with - ship names only, no cruiser names? I imagine placing names and updating is quite time consuming.

I appreciate the maps and your dedication to them.

• Like 12

Good morning from the Koningsdam.  Our skies are cloudy bright, and we're still rolling some.  It was rougher during the night, but not bad.

The three days will not be celebrated here.  FB is a necessary evil.  I have a FB account, but very rarely post anything.  It's mainly to keep up with my high school class and a source of memes.

An interesting quote.  

We'll pass on the meal, drink and wine.

We enjoyed Alesund twice while on Prinsendam in 2011 and 2016.  Sandi @StLouisCruisers thanks for posting my pictures.

An interesting day in history about the Bible.  

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's 43F and rain is coming in the next few hours.  Temps will drop during the day to 41F and will remain fairly steady for the next 24 hours along with continuing rain.  The rain gauge is ready!  🌧️

Thank you Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet maps.  I'm not sure what create a vacuum means but I think if you're dating a jerk you should rethink that policy.  It can come to no good!  I am no fan of Facebook or Mark Zuckerberg so will not celebrate either.  Today is also Homemade Soup Day and Scout Sunday if you'd prefer to concentrate on those two.  The ground beef and broccoli stir fry sounds interesting, but I can't like a drink called Plane Crash.🍹  I wonder what the wine is and know Ann @cat shepard will answer that question.  Thank you to Ann, Eva @superoma and Paul @kochleffel for reporting on the food and beverages today!

Prayers for DB and friend Scott who is in the hospital.  Once he's recovered enough from his latest collapse he will be sent to an in-patient rehab facility.  I've also heard of a Covid outbreak among some relatives in Missouri after a funeral last weekend.  Hopefully everyone will recover fully.  Many prayers for our Daily family including Vanessa @JazzyV, Jane @lazey1, Tana and Terry's @smitty34877's sick family members, Annie @marshhawk and Chuck @catmando, and the Daily DH's with heart and lung issues.  And last but not least the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still waiting to come home, and the soldiers and sailors in the region.🙏

Three cheers for all celebrating happy events and cruising!  🚢  I hope the seas will be smoother and there are no more missed ports for any of you. 🥂  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for staying with us and noting all the events in our lives!

Today will be a fun day for the FC Dallas and Austin FC youth soccer teams.  They will play in Toyota Stadium in Frisco, TX right next to the soccer fields the boys play and practice on.  The adult MLS FC Dallas team usually plays in that stadium.  Admission will be free but concession stands will be open to get refreshments.  And just like the big guys, the boys' jerseys will be hanging in the locker room before the game so they will feel like professional players preparing for the game.  This is a big rivalry so I hope FC Dallas can pull out another win over the Austin team like they did a few weeks ago.

Our port this morning is Alesund, Norway which is a lovely town to visit.  It was only listed here once before on May 16, 2021, a very long time ago.  My photos have disappeared from that post so I will work on them again.  Plus I'll post Lenda's @Quartzsite Cruiser photos from Alesund.  Here's the link for your convenience.

Have a great Sunday, even if it rains all day and night like it will here.  Stay safe and keep well!

Sandi, I’m glad Scott is getting the help he needs.  I hope your family members have mipd cases of Covid, and recover quickly.

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Thank you to all contributers for making the Daily a special place to come to.

Father David's sermon was so true today.

Our former church warden Paul had been poorly with cancer but this morning we were all shocked and saddened to hear his dear wife Julia has just died suddenly with a very  aggressive cancer which they thought was covid.

We all should thank God for every day we live and to make the most of every day.

God bless.

Graham, our condolences on the passing of your friend Julia, and to Paul and her family.

2 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning everyone.  We are at sea with two days to get to Phillipsburg.  We have a CC meet and greet at 11, first one for this long voyage and a slot pull arranged by someone on our roll call at 1:30.  We had a dinner scheduled at Pinnacle that I booked pre cruise but since I didn't get my Mariner discount refunded I am going to cancel all my prepaids and rebook.  More to do beyond that so we will get there when the Neptune concierge opens at 8am.  

Thanks for the daily reports and maps Jacqui and Roy!   Prayers for all on our care list and the people of Ukraine.  @JazzyVthanks for doing this for us each day and continued prayers for some relief from your leg pain. Have a nice day!  Nancy 

Nancy, we have problems getting the correct credit on our pre-booked reservations.  Fingers crossed 🤞they have ours fixed now.

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!   I won't be creating a vacuum, don't have a significant jerk to dump, will definitely celebrate the first Sunday in February, and am grateful for Facebook where I'm able to connect with old friends, teachers, and family members.

We had a skiff of snow overnight - which means the driveway isn't black, it's like it has a thin white blanket over it.  Certainly nothing like the Maritimes experienced over the past 24 hours - wow, that's wild!  Sure hope @kazu's area was spared from the brunt of the storm.  Speaking of Jacqui, well done on teaching Ivan another command - when it comes to dogs, you have to have patience and consistency, and I'm so glad he found you as his furever Mom.

It's a quiet Sunday for us, just listening to the Sunday morning oldies on the radio - once a week I get to enjoy music from my era, the 60's and 70's, and working on blankets.  DH will be watching his news programs and continuing to make his trips to the bathroom to get rid of the excess fluid.  He's not up yet this morning so I haven't had the chance to check the swelling in his legs and feet, but there was a noticeable difference yesterday - yay!  This afternoon I'll be watching sail-away on the PTZ PE webcam as our friends depart for their (our) 2 week Caribbean cruise on the Nieuw Statendam.  I hope to catch a screen shot of them to be able to show them when they get back.

I'm not sure about a drink called Plane Crash . . . sounds risky!  I'm going to give a pass on the wine so others can enjoy it, and will look at the recipe for beef & broccoli.  We still have salmon fillets left from last night's dinner, so I'll reheat them and we'll enjoy them along with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in wars not of their making.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, I'm glad the diuretics are helping your DH.

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

Plane Crash

Today’s drink has an inauspicious name: Plane Crash. It appears to be a variation on the Last Word, invented at the Detroit Athletic Club before 1916.

Although the drink is of modern origin, its ingredients are of some historical interest. Navy-strength rum is rum that is 54% to 57% ABV, which is a lot of alcohol but not as much as overproof rum, 75%. The British Navy switched its daily ration of alcohol for sailors, which had been either beer (likely to spoil during long voyages) or cognac (expensive), to rum after occupying Jamaica in 1655. “Navy strength” meant that it had enough alcohol that gunpowder contaminated with it would still ignite. Sailors received about half a pint a day. Most would drink it all at once, which led to problems, so captains ordered the pursers to dilute it with water and add lime to prevent scurvy. The sailors’ alcohol ration was discontinued only in 1970.

Falernum originated in Barbados in the 1700s. It’s a low-alcohol or no-alcohol cordial of sugar and lime, generally with spice and almond flavorings. One readily available brand is made by Fee Brothers in Rochester.

Green Chartreuse is a sweet liqueur that has been made by Carthusian monks in France since 1737 and  is used in many cocktails as well as straight. During the pandemic shutdown there was a boom in home cocktail-making, causing increased demand, and it has been in short supply ever since.

PlaneCrashcocktail.jpg.079d12e632cf30046f4610ab0abdb53e.jpg

1 oz lime juice

1 dash angostura bitters

1 oz chartreuse green

1 oz navy strength rum 

½ oz falernum

In a cocktail shaker filled halfway with crushed ice add the rum, green Chartreuse liqueur, fresh lime juice, falernum syrup, and a dash of Angostura bitters. Shake vigorously for about 20 seconds to combine all the ingredients and chill the cocktail. In a rocks glass with freshly crushed ice, strain the mixture from the shaker, and garnish with a lime wheel or a sprig of mint (optional).

Paul, thanks for The information about Navy rum.

38 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. I have just returned from walking the dogs in the chilly sunshine. I usually run into quite a few other dogs and their people but we had the quiet neighborhood to ourselves. 
I also relinquished prior jerks long ago and what a good thing that was. I make homemade soup, usually twice weekly all year around. 
I have not been to the port but it certainly looks like a beautiful place. Thanks for the pictures Sandi!

@JazzyV, I am glad you got help yesterday from BFF . I can’t imagine trying to lift and carry when you already live with such intense pain. I am feeling better and the teenager is better as well. The only one  having an issue still is Tana. This morning she has a slight fever and I have called the nurse again for guidance.

@grapau27, Graham, My condolences on the death of your friend Julia. Prayers for both Julia and Paul.

I enjoyed seeing pictures of your ship !

@ger_77, I am thinking of you and Maurice and hope today is a good one.

@marshhawk, I hope the two of you are feeling at least a little better today.

Have a great day everyone 

Terry, that is good news you and the teenager are feeling better.  Tana's fever is concerning, and I hope the nurse can get on top of it quickly before anything worse happens.

31 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

The sun is out today in north NJ! Yay!  It’s now 32, on its way from 25 up to 45, so a drier day making that 20 degree swing possible. 

We visited Alesund on our Hurtigruten voyage, very picturesque. I got postcards there for our fire chief’s son, their family roots were there. I hope he gets to visit someday. Thanks for the lovely photos. 

@grapau27 Thank you for Fr David’s message. I’m sorry for the loss in your church family. I’m sure they will do what they can to support Paul. Sandi, I’m glad Scott is being treated, TIAs are generally not singular events, and often precursors to larger events - hoping he has none of those, he’s in a complicated enough state. I hope it helps his wife that he’s being cared for in a rehab but that has its own difficulties. Sending out the blessings!  

DH received a message from his surgeon to add a med to the surgical eye, staying in track to remove a suture a week from tomorrow, to be done by the NJ doctor. That will open up the new drainage pathway. Such an artful balance between healing and maintaining the open pathway. One day at a time. For all of us. 

Special thoughts for Annie and Chuck, @marshhawk so very much going on there. And @JazzyVVanessa, I hope you can move slowly today. Jacqui, please be careful and keep warm!  @ger_77 Gerri, it’s tiring keeping busy but always with one eye on DH. I hope you can take a break, walk outside for a few minutes while he’s occupied, for yourself. 
@kochleffel Paul, so nice to hear the cats are more present with you, you’ve been so patient and protective!  I do suspect they’ve sensed your trauma with your recent procedure. I hope your healing is smooth. 

I did sleep last night but that was aided by an antihistamine/NSAID tablet as I did not want a repeat of the previous night. We changed our dinner time to an earlier one to be able to attend the Saturday night Classic movie of the week… Fred Astaire and Ginger Roger’s, can’t go wrong with that. Went to a History Club talk and a meditation group this week, trying to explore our new community a bit. I have one foot on the dock, the other in the boat…. transition, glad to be here but unsure, and still very connected to previous paths, taking my time. 

Blessings sent for our Care list, our caregivers and their loved ones, and all in need. Happy celebrations and smooth travels for our cruisers. Thank you all for being here. 
Maureen 

Maureen, I hope the new drops and removing the stitches lower the eye pressure.

Just now, 57redbird said:

@StLouisCruisers  I want a do-over on my fusion...that looks way more comfortable!

It was my DH who had the polymer ties, and no back pain after the surgery.  The raddioloy technician at the h9spital told me they redo a lot of traditional back surgeries to remove the hardware.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

31 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

And the smart-@$$ origin still shows!

I'm an admin of one group and several pages, but as far as personal use goes, I'm at the point of stopping. Too many of my so-called friends are dedicating themselves to keeping everyone in a state of panic, or else reposting hoaxes, now including a combination of two unrelated hoaxes.

I hear you.  That’s a time consuming job you have.  My friends are limited to people I know - real friends & family.  My privacy settings are at the max.  I follow several groups (like HAL) but I won’t post on FB roll calls because it isn’t private.  I far prefer CC roll calls.  Since a lot of my friends and family are far away from me, I can see what they are up to and often use the messenger feature to chat/video.

• Like 15

35 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Hey Roy - is this the version you've decided to go with - ship names only, no cruiser names? I imagine placing names and updating is quite time consuming.

I appreciate the maps and your dedication to them.

I will do cruiser names once or twice a week but not every day.

Roy

• Like 10
  • Thanks 9

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. I have just returned from walking the dogs in the chilly sunshine. I usually run into quite a few other dogs and their people but we had the quiet neighborhood to ourselves. 
I also relinquished prior jerks long ago and what a good thing that was. I make homemade soup, usually twice weekly all year around. 
I have not been to the port but it certainly looks like a beautiful place. Thanks for the pictures Sandi!

@JazzyV, I am glad you got help yesterday from BFF . I can’t imagine trying to lift and carry when you already live with such intense pain. I am feeling better and the teenager is better as well. The only one  having an issue still is Tana. This morning she has a slight fever and I have called the nurse again for guidance.

@grapau27, Graham, My condolences on the death of your friend Julia. Prayers for both Julia and Paul.

I enjoyed seeing pictures of your ship !

@ger_77, I am thinking of you and Maurice and hope today is a good one.

@marshhawk, I hope the two of you are feeling at least a little better today.

Have a great day everyone 

Thank you Terry for your condolences.

I'm sorry to hear Tana has a slight fever and hopefully she recovers quickly.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@Quartzsite Cruiser  t was my DH who had the polymer ties, and no back pain after the surgery.  The raddioloy technician at the h9spital told me they redo a lot of traditional back surgeries to remove the hardware.

Sorry for replying to the wrong person....I think my 'hardware' isn't metal - just the screws are.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, kazu said:

You did a fantastic job, Joy!

That wine sounds scrumptious, Ann 🙂 

Sorry to hear about Julia.  Prayers for poor Paul - ill and in grief 😔 

Thank you @kazu Jacqui for your nice condolence message for Julia and Paul.

They were both fit and in their late 60s and Paul is devastated.

Julia and Paul were my church friends not Ann's @cat shepard.

Best wishes.

Graham @grapau27

• Like 12

Just now, 57redbird said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser  t was my DH who had the polymer ties, and no back pain after the surgery.  The raddioloy technician at the h9spital told me they redo a lot of traditional back surgeries to remove the hardware.

Sorry for replying to the wrong person....I think my 'hardware' isn't metal - just the screws are.

No problem.  I've done the same thing more than once.

DH's surgeon had models of both types of devices, and in the one with the screws, everything was medal and looked ugly.  The polymer ties are really zip ties.  He also used a polymer cage with a bone growth stimulating substance between the vertebrae.  He installed the cage, and two weeks later, did the laminectomy and ties.  He thinks he gets better results with the two stage surgery.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

@57redbird

Here's what's in my back ..

I had no neuro symptoms.

I thought you had mixed up your x-rays with DH.😊 But then realized that his shows bars on either side of 3 vertebrae. Wild what medicine can do! And so far, he doesn't set off the scanner at the airport. Happy to hear recovery is going well.

• Like 13

I was in Alesund just once in 2011, and want to post just a couple of photos.  We shared the port with the Ryndam and here is what may be my first ever photo of 3 BHB together, taken after a climb I would not be doing today:

2damaskla.jpg

We all are familiar with the modern lifeboat.  On display at the Alesund museum is a replica of the first modern style lifeboat, dating to about 1906.  While much of it was modern it was sail powered and the prototype made a transatlantic journey in 5 months proving the ability of the tiny craft to keep people safe in the open ocean:

lifeboat.jpg

Today's original days did not resonate with me.  Sandi mentioned Scout Sunday and I want to wish a Happy Heavenly Birthday to Rosa Parks.  It is also Transit Equity day in many states and in much of Maryland transit on all levels is free.  I celebrated Scout Sunday by wearing a scout vest while worshiping from home today.

On a Blount Cruise from Rhode Island to Chicago in 2008 we stopped at Detroit and visited the Henry Ford Museum where we saw the bus where Parks made history and I may even have boarded it.

IMG_1024.JPG.04aab4f6e9b3308fb7a433c8335655c0.JPG

Roy

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Plane Crash

Today’s drink has an inauspicious name: Plane Crash. It appears to be a variation on the Last Word, invented at the Detroit Athletic Club before 1916.

Although the drink is of modern origin, its ingredients are of some historical interest. Navy-strength rum is rum that is 54% to 57% ABV, which is a lot of alcohol but not as much as overproof rum, 75%. The British Navy switched its daily ration of alcohol for sailors, which had been either beer (likely to spoil during long voyages) or cognac (expensive), to rum after occupying Jamaica in 1655. “Navy strength” meant that it had enough alcohol that gunpowder contaminated with it would still ignite. Sailors received about half a pint a day. Most would drink it all at once, which led to problems, so captains ordered the pursers to dilute it with water and add lime to prevent scurvy. The sailors’ alcohol ration was discontinued only in 1970.

Falernum originated in Barbados in the 1700s. It’s a low-alcohol or no-alcohol cordial of sugar and lime, generally with spice and almond flavorings. One readily available brand is made by Fee Brothers in Rochester.

Green Chartreuse is a sweet liqueur that has been made by Carthusian monks in France since 1737 and  is used in many cocktails as well as straight. During the pandemic shutdown there was a boom in home cocktail-making, causing increased demand, and it has been in short supply ever since.

PlaneCrashcocktail.jpg.079d12e632cf30046f4610ab0abdb53e.jpg

1 oz lime juice

1 dash angostura bitters

1 oz chartreuse green

1 oz navy strength rum 

½ oz falernum

In a cocktail shaker filled halfway with crushed ice add the rum, green Chartreuse liqueur, fresh lime juice, falernum syrup, and a dash of Angostura bitters. Shake vigorously for about 20 seconds to combine all the ingredients and chill the cocktail. In a rocks glass with freshly crushed ice, strain the mixture from the shaker, and garnish with a lime wheel or a sprig of mint (optional).

Oh, I absolutely love Green Chartreuse (not the yellow).  Yum!!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from the Koningsdam.  Our skies are cloudy bright, and we're still rolling some.  It was rougher during the night, but not bad.

The three days will not be celebrated here.  FB is a necessary evil.  I have a FB account, but very rarely post anything.  It's mainly to keep up with my high school class and a source of memes.

An interesting quote.  

We'll pass on the meal, drink and wine.

We enjoyed Alesund twice while on Prinsendam in 2011 and 2016.  Sandi @StLouisCruisers thanks for posting my pictures.

An interesting day in history about the Bible.  

Sandi, I’m glad Scott is getting the help he needs.  I hope your family members have mipd cases of Covid, and recover quickly.

Graham, our condolences on the passing of your friend Julia, and to Paul and her family.

Nancy, we have problems getting the correct credit on our pre-booked reservations.  Fingers crossed 🤞they have ours fixed now.

Gerry, I'm glad the diuretics are helping your DH.

Paul, thanks for The information about Navy rum.

Terry, that is good news you and the teenager are feeling better.  Tana's fever is concerning, and I hope the nurse can get on top of it quickly before anything worse happens.

Maureen, I hope the new drops and removing the stitches lower the eye pressure.

It was my DH who had the polymer ties, and no back pain after the surgery.  The raddioloy technician at the h9spital told me they redo a lot of traditional back surgeries to remove the hardware.

Lenda

Thank you for your kind condolences Lenda.

I never ever use FB.

Before Cruise Critic I wrote several hundred TripAdvisor hotel and restaurant reviews  and Cruise reviews on another site.

• Like 7

Greetings from the Koningsdam!

While there is some rock and roll today, it isn’t so bad that walking is difficult.  Sue’s headache is gone finally.  It had been in the background for three days previously and hit full force yesterday morning.  She is performing today on the World Stage with the Ukulele group.  I’ll get pictures.  

Sharon @Sharon in AZ and I attended the cooking demonstration.  It was swordfish with a mango avocado salsa, green beans wrapped in bacon, and mashed potatoes. 

IMG_3080.thumb.jpeg.6a652de6991dea5974f5592196f2500e.jpeg

IMG_3082.thumb.jpeg.b77d79e8343c256e6a24869b8ec98640.jpeg

IMG_3083.thumb.jpeg.41130009d83a6b1c66a76c16bc537241.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

@57redbird

Here's what's in my back ..

I had no neuro symptoms.

I thought you had mixed up your x-rays with DH.😊 But then realized that his shows bars on either side of 3 vertebrae. Wild what medicine can do! And so far, he doesn't set off the scanner at the airport. Happy to hear recovery is going well.

Who did your DH's surgery?  Dr. Jeff Garr at Swedish did mine.

• Like 5