The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday February 14th, 2024

kazu

Good morning

Happy Valentines Day to all

We are doing fine.  

Today we are in Roatan, Honduras.  The weather is predicted to be rainy.  However with an hour to go before arrival, I think the prediction is wrong.

Yesterday started out rainy in Cozumel, but turned out to be okay.  However, we skipped out day at Nachi Cocum because of the bad weather in the morning.  Big mistake.

Will post more later.

Hope everyone has a “love”ly day.

Terri

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Valentine's day is a sad day in my family,  It was 3 years ago today that my brother died.  He was doing well after back surgery and while I never heard any official cause of death I think it was from a blood clot.

I'll post more when I get back from my errands.

Roy

Screenshot_20240214_140250.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Happy Wednesday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Late start today as I had an early doctor's appointment. Everything looking good. Will be getting my bloodwork next week so we will see how well I am doing managing my diabetes. 

Happy Valentine's Day to all who celebrate. It can be a hard day for us singles. It is extra hard as this is my mom's birthday and I lost her in 2000. I still miss her each and every day. 

We were able to get through the snow yesterday. We got maybe about 5 inches. It is hard for poor Fancy to go out and do her business as she is a short dog and keeps getting stuck in the snow. We kind of made a flat area for her to go potty. 

Working on my classes today and will see clients this afternoon. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Happy Valentines Day, Lovers! | Funny cat memes, Cat quotes, Happy ...

Cat Valentine, Happy Valentines Day, Silly Cats, Cats And Kittens, Pink ...

Pin by Amanda Barger on Funny Stuff - Animals in 2020 | Cat candy ...

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

❤️ Happy Valentine’s Day!  May each of you feel very loved! ❤️

I’m very grateful that DH and I are celebrating together. We’ll have chocolate hearts and cards to reflect on. Yesterday I made us a special dessert. The dining room will have a special menu including prime rib and a salmon thermistor with lobster meat and crab.  Sounds good to me!  I have a bottle of Moscato in the fridge that we’ll bring to the dining room, now that we’ve learned that is allowed!  (Moscato is one of the few wines I can still enjoy without developing a lot of congestion. Our favorite is one we found on HAL- Ruffino; maybe I’ll find it in New Jersey but haven’t looked yet.)

Its cold but sunny, probably would be good to get the car’s snow brushed off before it’s a cake if ice. It’ll be getting just above freezing the next few days but cold nights. 

We’re learning more about dealing with low eye pressure. Blurry vision again last night. Surgeon said she’ll call our NJ doctor to get DH in this week, doesn’t want to wait till next week. 

Blessings to all those lining up procedures. And all in need. Special hugs to those who are facing this Valentine’s Day without their special person. And thinking of Melissa @HAL Cruiser DH, I hope it’s a good day!  

Cheers for all those celebrating! Life is Good🌈

Wonderful to see the long list of cruisers and get reports back from them. Smooth travels and happy adventures!  

Just got a call for getting DH in to doctor at 1:00 today, different office, we’ll figure it out!  

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Happy Valentines Day and Ash Wednesday to those who celebrate/observe these days and Happy Hump Day to those who don't.  Congenital Heart Day is one I will wholeheartedly celebrate.  My grandson was born with multiple, multiple cardiac defects. If you have ever seen the tv movie "Something the Lord Made" - about Vivian Thomas and Dr. Alfred Blalock's solution for "blue babies" in the 1930's at Johns Hopkins, at the urging of Dr. Helen Taussig, it depicts one of the conditions my grandson was born with.  Without the procedure they invented, my grandson probably would not have lived.  After numerous surgeries and hospitalizations, he is a healthy young man. And it is fitting it is also Frederick Douglas Day as Vivian Thomas was a black man who earned Dr. Blalock's trust and admiration. (sorry for my long missive)

IMG_4149.thumb.JPG.f63b906f3defccc6a8d3c2e6bc9f2a5d.JPG

Great quote, meal sounds lovely, HATE Jägermeister, wine sounds good and I will be at Barra Norte Sea on March 6th.  Interesting days in history.

IMG_4196.JPG.eeb4e125c846ba5ce927cad70883491d.JPG

Busy, busy day today.  Already checked in with one research study I am in, then PT this afternoon, dinner, then steroid shot, then pick up the rental car.  I plan on Uber/Lyft it to the airport to pick up the car and I just heard they are striking in 10 cities and will not pick up or drop off at 10 airports in the US!!  Tucson isn't one of them so.......... 😬  Plan on hitting the road around 1 am.  

IMG_4198.thumb.JPG.bbc0d3686935a64db62120aac4f1d656.JPG

I did get a surprise yesterday - I won a gift certificate to Hooter's from the local radio station I listen to.  I have never been and don't think I want to so probably will give it away.

IMG_4199.thumb.JPG.dd093e6eebedf4774b9cf42831bc5406.JPG

Thoughts for those on the care list and cheers to those celebrating.

IMG_4200.thumb.JPG.9b9e21e6c26c2a17daee5193d8f77ca1.JPG

Have a fantastic day everyone!!

• Like 20
  • Haha 11

Good Morning from a warming and sunny day at the beach

Happy Valentine`s Day to all of you. 

@superoma   very Happy Birthday to your twins.

@Suslor    A very Happy Birthday your DH

Lots of people traveling.  Great to hear. I know there are a lot of people in town. Was in Orlando yesterday and it was crazy!

Playing golf this afternoon. It will be  some extra exercise because it is "cart path only" due to fertilization. I am hoping that cuts down on the crowd.  We will see.

Finally got our travel insurance for the VOV. YIKES!  Unfortunately it is a necessary expense to me anyway.

Be safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 27

Frederick Douglass lived for many years in Rochester and is buried there (in the same cemetery as Susan B. Anthony). The Rochester airport is named for him.

I like lentils but I'm not sure about curry with them. No on the cocktail and I don't even want to be around people who are drinking it. For a Cabernet Sauvignon, Fulkerson's. I haven't been to Barra Norte.

longstemros.thumb.jpg.9fcdec30dd13bd5b56c56eb3170c8076.jpg

• Like 20
  • Haha 10

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

Good morning from Koningsdam somewhere in the Pacific Ocean.  We've passed the halfway point to Ensenada, and we'll arrive Friday at 11am instead of 2 pm.  I'm not sure what the weather will be today since it's still early.

It's interesting that Valentine's Day falls on Ash Wednesday this year.  There was a lively Mardi Gras party last nighr.  Many of the officers from the Hotel Department were there wilth fancy masks on.  A few even joined the passengers on the dance floor.  Heart defect awareness day and Frederick Douglass Day are good days to honor.

A good quote by William Styron.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink.  The wine sounds nice.

We passed today's port on our 2006 Amazon cruise on the old Regal Princess.  I doubt I have any pictures from there.

Alexander Graham Bell's invention of the telephone greatly changed how we communicate.  For those that like horror movies the release of Dracula is an important day in history.

@Suslor  Please wish Lorenzo a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY for us.

@superoma  Eva, please wish your twins HAPPY BIRTHDAY for us.

@MISTER 67  Safe travels tomorrow, and have a wonderful cruise.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, sending positive thoughts that your DGD does a great job with her presentation.

@rafinmd  Roy, I hope your memories of good times with your brother make today less painful.

@Haljo1935  I hope the surgeon approves you for the shoulder surgery.

@Terry  I'm glad you are feeling better, and feel like cooking today.

@RMLincoln Maureen, I hope all goes well with the doctor's appointment today.

Lenda

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

Good Thursday morning. A peek out the window shows me we are arriving soon in Auckland. We enjoyed a nice ride around the beautiful countryside of Bay Of Island. Saw the first wooden built house in New Zealand. Entered into a cave which ceiling revealed glow worms.

Upon our return to ship we enjoyed two tenors and a soprano which were fantastic singers who performed pool side.

Last night we had a special Valentine’s dinner that was superb in one of the specialty restaurants. The venue was decorated in red hearts and rose petals throughout. 
Bay Of Islands was really busy as the Celebrity Edge was also in port. We looked like a miniature model while anchored nearby.

We have a lengthy Tour By Locals today so must get ready.

Enjoy your Hump Day. Our’s was great. Bruce

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 29

Good morning and happy Valentine’s Day! 
DS was born with a hole in his heart,  which thankfully closed when he was three! 

@MISTER 67 I got wordle in two yesterday!  Fun game.  Once in one! 
@Suslor happy birthday to your DH! 

@superoma happy birthday to your twins! 
! @rafinmd sending hugs, anniversaries are tough! 
@cat shepard we met some people from Florida yesterday at the beach who said they came to Hawaii to get warm! 

IMG_0634.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and happy Valentine’s Day! 
DS was born with a hole in his heart,  which thankfully closed when he was three! 

@MISTER 67 I got wordle in two yesterday!  Fun game.  Once in one! 
@Suslor happy birthday to your DH! 

@superoma happy birthday to your twins! 
! @rafinmd sending hugs, anniversaries are tough! 
@cat shepard we met some people from Florida yesterday at the beach who said they came to Hawaii to get warm! 

IMG_0634.jpeg

Benny, that’s impressive getting Wordle in one. 
Do you use the same opening word all the time?

I use 3 and rotate them or if I have a gut feeling I go out of rotation, the 3 are NOISE, ALIEN and ATONE.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Have a great time on the Equinox; our favorite ship. Thank goodness I-75 cleared after that plane crash last week while trying to land on the Interstate.

Forgot to ask you on your birthday. Did you shoot your age?

Didn’t come close with an 84.

Today I shot 37 on the front so I figured I’d do it today but fell apart with a 44 on the back, our team lost by 1 shot plus I was cut on 2 Closies, I’m ready for the cruise.

• Like 17

10 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Benny, that’s impressive getting Wordle in one. 

I think it’s just luck and a matter of time, lol!  For awhile I was also doing dordle(2) quordle (4) and octordle (8).  Now I’m just doing wordle, connections and spelling bee😂🤷‍♀️

• Like 17

I have never played Wordle.

After church service we all had tea and biscuits except for Pauline as afterwards she had a dentist check up.

Photo in church today with ash on my forehead.

I hope everyone has a wonderful valentine's day 💌💘.

IMG_20240214_101228.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Didn’t come close with an 84.

Today I shot 37 on the front so I figured I’d do it today but fell apart with a 44 on the back, our team lost by 1 shot plus I was cut on 2 Closies, I’m ready for the cruise.

Best wishes for a wonderful cruise.

Does your ship have Golf nets or a putting green?

• Like 13