Target market for Celebrity?

michelle028

Hi all,

First time on Celebrity....I have cruised on RCI, Carnival, NCL and Princess. I cruise for the itinerary and not for the ship. So I'm super excited to try a new cruiseline!

We are 30somethings.

From your own experience with Celebrity..

what do you think the average ages of cruisers are?

On a side note...

I'm travelling next month for Spring break:cool: time to say bye to the snow!!! Can't wait!!

We’re early 40’s and headed out on our 7th X cruise this week. We still hit it pretty hard and always have a good time on Celebrity. You are not going to find “raves” but if you are into a higher quality experience you should have a great time.

I'm very early forties and have always been one of the youngest onboard. You will feel young.

In recent times Celebrity have targeted a younger crowd but from what I see onboard they have failed as the average age is high fifties.

It is true that shorter cruises appeal to younger people for onvious reasons.

This is a very personal opinion but when this discussion comes up as it does every few weeks or so, the OP receives responses suggesting that the crowd onboard will be younger than what I always see onboard personally. The demographic is older than RCL and CCL etc.

I'm very early forties and have always been one of the youngest onboard. You will feel young.

In recent times Celebrity have targeted a younger crowd but from what I see onboard they have failed as the average age is high fifties.

It is true that shorter cruises appeal to younger people for onvious reasons.

This is a very personal opinion but when this discussion comes up as it does every few weeks or so, the OP receives responses suggesting that the crowd onboard will be younger than what I always see onboard personally. The demographic is older than RCL and CCL etc.

I completely agree with this, we have done spring break cruises each of the last two years one 7 day, one 5 day. We are in our early 50's and in both cases IMO 50-60% of the other guests were older than us. Still had a great time and there was plenty of activities to take part in.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Forums mobile app

We are 30somethings.

There are two answers...both accurate.

a) the "average" age on celebrity ships is probably 60-65...with some 14 day trips at maybe 70, and shorter ones maybe 50 or so.

b) on all of the ships, there are some who will go to sleep at 8PM and some number who will dance into the wee hours..."some" being 100 or more on most all cruises.

I'd note that answer a does not imply that some, if not many of those over the averages also enjoy dancing, etc into the wee hours.

Every cruise is different....

My husband and I are in our 30's and have been cruising X since we were in our 20's. I would agree with what other posters here have said. X is really targeting people in our age group, however in general the average age on the ship is older, especially on the longer sailings in the Caribbean. We once did 14 nights, which we loved, but we were probably the youngest people on the ship by 30 years! However, on all of our cruises we have met people our age all the way to people in their 70's and had a lot of fun. In fact we now regularly vacation with another couple who is in their 70's and have a blast. :cool:

You obviously haven’t done a celebrity silent disco....

Ive had plenty of fun on celebrity as an under 55...

I have to agree - I was on Equinox last August and it was a jumping ship! Nothing over the top or rowdy, but people were active and having fun.

We took a shuttle to the airport with some people who had been on Carnival and one of them mentioned, "you don't want to go on that ship because Celebrity is a snooze cruise." I spoke up and told them just how mistaken they were. It had been a while since e sailed on X but we definately had fun on Equinox - I'm 67 and I hate snooze cruises.

The 10 day cruises we've been on on Celebrity, the average age was 'needs a scooter'. Well older than us and we're 60. My FIL and MIL felt right at home in their 80's. Not much to do at night after the 2nd show. We found that we are in our cabin by 10:30-11:00. The 2 silent disco's were the highlights of the nightly entertainment for the 'younger' crowd.

Same as previous comments, for our 14-night cruise it is less likely that we will see children and more likely to see adults and retireds

It really does depend on the length and itinerary. Longer trips and more exotic itinerary will have significantly older average ages. Our odometers just clicked over into our 50s and we feel young on most of our cruises (we tend to do longer cruises though). On a summer 7 day on the equinox last year there were more younger folks but I bet the average age was still around 50-60. If you like to party all night you might find Celebrity a challenge. You can have a lot of fun on a Celebrity ship but most nights at the stroke of 12 everyone turns into pumpkins and vanishes.

Hi all,

First time on Celebrity....I have cruised on RCI, Carnival, NCL and Princess. I cruise for the itinerary and not for the ship. So I'm super excited to try a new cruiseline!

We are 30somethings.

On a side note...

I'm travelling next month for Spring break:cool: time to say bye to the snow!!! Can't wait!!

Out of curiosity, how would you categorize the brands you’ve already sailed?

We’re late 40’s and trying Celebrity from Carnival and cruising as a couple sans kids. We still book Carnival for family vacations due to a more kid friendly setting on Carnival versus more adults on Celebrity.

We see Celebrity as younger than Princess (for a 10-day Carib cruise), but won’t know for sure until we sail in Mar 2019.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you enjoy people of all ages, like to have fun, but also like to find some quieter areas, you are in luck. You will really enjoy Cafe Bacio and all it has to offer...the desserts are free. Furthermore, since you cannot wait to get away from the snow, your trip will be hitting your expectations. I loved the Caribbean in my 30's, but have ventured outside to enjoy the history and cultures of the world! I bet you will do the same...Enjoy!

Hi all,

We are 30somethings.

On a side note...

Celebrity is trying to appeal to a younger demo and succeeding in my opinion. I’ve travelled with them since my 30’s and never felt out of place.

Perhaps a better way to think of it, X is targeting the executive suite. You won’t find many laborers, contractors, retail clerks or hairdressers on board. Most of the guests are what I call Audi Upscale.

Celebrity is trying to appeal to a younger demo and succeeding in my opinion. I’ve travelled with them since my 30’s and never felt out of place.

Perhaps a better way to think of it, X is targeting the executive suite. You won’t find many laborers, contractors, retail clerks or hairdressers on board. Most of the guests are what I call Audi Upscale.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Oh dear...

Our 7 day Equinox cruise out of Miami had an average age of probably 55? Lots of folks retirement age, some younger than that, very, very few children (and the ones I saw were mostly under Kindergarten age which makes since it was the third week of January). Our group of four were 1 mid 30s, 2 mid/late 40s, and a 50 year old. We were definitely not the youngest people on board but less than average. We had a blast (this was our third Celebrity cruise since 2009.)