Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:13 AM.
Wherever the sun is shining
290 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Ok, so every woman I know is wearing jeans or even pants that are distressed, holes and unhemed at the ankle. I have one such pair of nice white pants that have holes in the knees. ( I know, nice pants with holes,,but they are super cute!) Do you think they will let me in the dinning room for lunch with these on? Same pants, in black, do you think they would let me in the dinning room for dinner wearing them?

Please no rude comments, it's a fashion thing. Thank you
7,215 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Since it's at lunch and will be in the less formal dining room they MAY let you in. According to the dress code they shouldn't but they let a lot of stuff slide. Since that's a fashion for the younger adults, teens, etc they usually let the younger people get away with stuff more-so than adults. You'll probably be fine.

All they can do is say no. If they don't you can always hit the buffet.

In other words, flip a coin. Enjoy your cruise.
USA
11,510 Posts
Joined Apr 2015
Originally posted by az-cruiser
Ok, so every woman I know is wearing jeans or even pants that are distressed, holes and unhemed at the ankle. I have one such pair of nice white pants that have holes in the knees. ( I know, nice pants with holes,,but they are super cute!) Do you think they will let me in the dinning room for lunch with these on? Same pants, in black, do you think they would let me in the dinning room for dinner wearing them?

Lunch is shorts and T-shirt’s in all restaurants.

Le Bistro and one other restaurant on the ship technically would not allow the pants described for dinner
7,215 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Originally posted by BirdTravels
Lunch is shorts and T-shirt’s in all restaurants.

Le Bistro and one other restaurant on the ship technically would not allow the pants described for dinner

Yes, but the dress code specifically addresses torn pants:

(snip) We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants.
We live on a small lake in rural Nebr.
7,741 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
For lunch, fine. For dinner, they might or might not let you in. Why not just wear a similar pair of jeans without holes. Nice dark wash skinny jeans can look fabulous with a cute top.

For total truthfulness, I have never liked the 'holey' trend.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SciFi
Fredericksburg, va. USA
87,546 Posts
Joined May 2001
Breakfast and lunch are ultra-casual...shorts, tees, etc...are fine for those meals. NCL is one of the most casual lines...I'm sure your holey jeans will be fine.
22,224 Posts
Joined Nov 2009

That's fashion???????
Long Island,NY
3,988 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Originally posted by riclop
That's fashion???????

A few days ago I was in an upscale NYC restaurant . There were signs stating that nobody would be allowed in wearing jeans ,shorts or sneakers .

I saw several women with sneakers ,one man with jeans and a few others with sneakers.Restaurants and cruise lines other than Cunard appear not to enforce everything these days .
On a RCI cruise earlier this year I saw men in specialty restaurants and the MDR wearing jeans.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Lenny
Cincinnati
3,719 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
I think that if you look halfway presentable you will have no trouble with the casual dining room. Probably not going to work at the dressier dining room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
South Jersey
2,507 Posts
Joined Apr 2002
That's fashion???????
Hmmm....where have you been the last 5 years?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Home Lines Atlantic 5/1988 Bermuda.............................Disney Wonder 10/1998 Bahamas
Carnival Triumph 7/2002 Nova Scotia /Canada.............Carnival Legend 10/2003 Caribbean
NCL - Dawn 1/2005 Caribbean NCL ............................NCL Gem 1/2010 - Eastern Caribbean
NCL Breakaway 1/2018 Western Caribbean.......

Those who say you can't take it with you, never saw my luggage packed for a cruise!
Florida
797 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
If you wear them with a nice top, it may pass, but the worst they can say is go change. it’s not like you have to get back in the car and drive home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
DCLCrazy

Carnival Inspiration- Cancun 12/16/04
NCL Pride of America- Hawaiian Islands 12/31/05
Royal Caribbean Radiance- Alaska 06/01/07
Disney Dream- Bahamas 1/24/13
Disney Dream- Bahamas 10/20/13
Disney Magic- Bahamas 1/24/14
Disney Fantasy- Eastern Caribbean 6/28/14
Royal Caribbean Enchantment- Bahamas 11/10/14
Disney Dream- Bahamas 12/05/14
Disney Dream- Bahamas 11/30/15
Disney Dream- Bahamas 2/05/16
Disney Dream- Bahamas 6/10/16
Disney Magic - Western Caribbean 12/4/16
Disney Dream - Bahamas 2/24/17
NCL Jade - Canada 10/6/17
Disney Wonder - Southern Caribbean B2B/Grand Slam 1/28/2018
Disney Wonder - Southern Caribbean 2/4/2018

Upcoming Cruises:

Montreal, Canada
635 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
You will get thousands of different perspectives on this. I believe dress codes exist for a reason. That’s why I have learned to avoid dining rooms, but then again, I’m picky and therefore content to graze.

The only thing you can do for sure is wear them and receive feedback.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Beautiful is the dream that makes you mine

- Andy Kim

United States
69 Posts
Joined Sep 2015
That's fashion???????
It's A fashion. Just not good fashion. Remember the 80's? That was "fashion" too!
333 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
On the Epic this summer, one of our party was asked to change before they would let us in to Manhattan. That was a female wearing ripped jeans at dinner. So you can be pretty sure in that venue the dress code is enforced
2,862 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
It's 100% ok to wear those jeans anywhere at lunch or dinner. If you get any flack, which you won't, just tie a kerchief or sash around the hole and you will really be a fashion icon.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Remember you can adjust the Discretionary Service Charge (DSC), up or down, by simply visiting the customer service desk. You do not need to provide a reason for your adjustment.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
769 Posts
Joined May 2004
Ragged clothes are NOT 'super cute.' They are ragged and make people look like a street person. Funny thing about stupid questions: they get stupid answers.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
More cruises than I can remember; not nearly as many as everyone else
Arkansas
31,999 Posts
Joined Feb 2002

well I doubt any of us will really make a rude statement but I also think, if you ask a question that you know is controversial you can expect some to shake their heads and many do to the, as you put it: fashion thing. Now to answer your question: I doubt anyone will stop you fro wearing them. I am sure at lunch they will not. If it doesn't bother you, who are we to judge, regardless as how stupid it looks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Commodore 1984, Costa 1985, RCL 1987, Chandris 1989, NCL 1989, Commodore, 1991, NCL 1997, Carnival 1997, Carnival 1998,NCL 1998, NCL 1999, RCL 2000, RCL 2000,HAL 2001, NCL 2002,NCL 2003, Celebrity 2003, NCL 2004, NCL 2005, Celebrity 2005.NCL 2006, Celebrity 2006, HAL 2006, NCL 2007.Princess, 2008. NCL 2008, RCI 2008,Princess 2009, NCL 2009. NCL 2010, NCL 2011, Princess 2011, NCL 2012, NCL 2013, NCL again 2013, Princess 2014, NCL 2014, again 2014, 2015; about 2 do another NCL.
Ontario
3,272 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
Originally posted by newmexicoNita
well I doubt any of us will really make a rude statement....

......who are we to judge, regardless as how stupid it looks.
Yep, I highly doubt any of us will make a rude statement.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
“Many of the things you can count, don't count.
Many of the things you can't count, really count.”
- Albert Einstein (or William Bruce Cameron)