Princess new unlimited internet

antsp

Did you see any mention of any concession for Platinum or Elite passengers?

Like the National Enquirer slogan, "Enquiring minds want to know." Really!

I hope it's not just a discount or tied to the type of cabin you're in.:(

We just returned from an RCI cruise (Princess didn't offer the itinerary we wanted including Venice for our travel dates) and I bought two days of their unlimited internet on our last two sea days. They have one package for 'surf' and another for 'surf and stream' that often wasn't recommended on the RCI board. The cost also depended on the number of devices you wanted to connect, however you could handoff between your own phone and and iPad... just not be connected to both at the same time.

It was so weird not to have to log in and out and watch your usage, totally awesome! The speed was decent unless the system was actually down for a bit depending on your location. Sometimes the wifi signal showed on my phone and emails didn't send. I later realized I had to login again to actually be connected.

Like the National Enquirer slogan, "Enquiring minds want to know." Really!

I hope it's not just a discount or tied to the type of cabin you're in.:(

We just returned from an RCI cruise (Princess didn't offer the itinerary we wanted including Venice for our travel dates) and I bought two days of their unlimited internet on our last two sea days. They have one package for 'surf' and another for 'surf and stream' that often wasn't recommended on the RCI board. The cost also depended on the number of devices you wanted to connect, however you could handoff between your own phone and and iPad... just not be connected to both at the same time.

It was so weird not to have to log in and out and watch your usage, totally awesome! The speed was decent unless the system was actually down for a bit depending on your location. Sometimes the wifi signal showed on my phone and emails didn't send. I later realized I had to login again to actually be connected.

They do want you to log out though after you are finished using it! That's why NCL has done away with their unlimited package that they offered, because people were not logging out and staying logged in for the duration of the cruise!

They do want you to log out though after you are finished using it! That's why NCL has done away with their unlimited package that they offered, because people were not logging out and staying logged in for the duration of the cruise!

Good to know. That wasn't explained to me when I purchased it. The attendant simply said "unlimited use", that I needed to log out of one device before I could login to another, and I may have to attempt login more than once (on Apple) before it would connect.

Edited by Adventures ahead

I'm sailing on a 14 day TA on the NCL Getaway next week.

Internet - Unlimited | Save $3.95 Activation Fee when you book online.

Pay one price and be connected throughout the cruise.

• PRICE $349.86

We are currently on Navigator of the Seas. Our cruise includes unlimited Surf & Stream internet as part of an offer when we booked. (Also included deluxe drinks package and OBC. Fantastic offer and not something Princess give in the UK. No Sip n Sail for us but let’s not get started on that!) Anyways back to the internet on the Navigator. It’s great especially being able to watch Netflix every night before going to bed. Here’s hoping the Princess offering can do the same for a reasonable price and that Platinum and Elite get recognition for their loyalty. Hate the current dial up speeds per minute option.

Well as someone who spent a lot of $$ for a 600+80 minute internet package just two hours ago (as a solo cruiser, it's especially nice to stay connected to friends and family on a long cruise), I would LOVE an unlimited option.

Good to know. That wasn't explained to me when I purchased it. The attendant simply said "unlimited use", that I needed to log out of one device before I could login to another, and I may have to attempt login more than once (on Apple) before it would connect.

Totally understood! NCL had it printed.

Pretty soon the daily expenses will exceed the cruise fare. With $60 AIBP, $20 Internet, coffee cards, coke cards, specialty restaurants, chef dinner, balcony dinner, $15 corkage fee, daily gratuitys- it's easy to spend more then the daily cruise fare.

Well, think of it this way.............I cruise to get away from it all. So no internet, no drinking of sodas or drinks or wine enough to warrant a drinking plan,book with free gratuities, eating at only free places as there are plenty, no dining on a windy balcony (grin), or eating with staff officers, and some good OBC to help pay for some tours or those occasional drinks, then I have no problem with how they price things!!!

Now do I do the above on every cruise? No. I have, because felt no need for them, but other cruises I have done some to all (except the drink package as I don't drink). My point is that I like the basic pricing and sale pricing as I know ahead and is paid- the rest I have the choice. As I am not glued to the internet nor drink (the two probably most expensive add-ons) then having them included in a price as all inclusive higher end lines do, is nice, but something I feel I would pay for but never use.

But I do understand the nickel and dime effect that every little add on feels like. But if you do any nice B&B, 3-4 star hotels, 2-3 nice meals a day -type driving tours yourself, you will quickly realize that cruising, even in today's market, is still a good bargain.

Did have the always connected internet thing on the Allure of the Seas and it was like $15 a day and it was good internet speed and I must admit if Princess can do that and have good speed, I may cave and do that as it was nice I must admit!!!!

Pooh

We are currently on Navigator of the Seas. Our cruise includes unlimited Surf & Stream internet as part of an offer when we booked. (Also included deluxe drinks package and OBC. Fantastic offer and not something Princess give in the UK. No Sip n Sail for us but let’s not get started on that!) Anyways back to the internet on the Navigator. It’s great especially being able to watch Netflix every night before going to bed. Here’s hoping the Princess offering can do the same for a reasonable price and that Platinum and Elite get recognition for their loyalty. Hate the current dial up speeds per minute option.

I’m not sure I could stand the total euphoria. Streaming Netflix on a cruise ship? Maybe too much of a good thing is too much, but I’d love to see for myself.

I’m not sure I could stand the total euphoria. Streaming Netflix on a cruise ship? Maybe too much of a good thing is too much, but I’d love to see for myself.

It’s a dream come true for my partner and me. We’ve been able to enjoy The Good Place and Schitts Creek on this cruise rather than the rubbish on the ship’s TV. Assuming Ocean Medallion brings internet speed improvements too, we’ll hopefully be able to do the same on the Regal at the end of November. Depends on the cost of course. The usual price on the Navigator is $17.99 per day which isn’t exactly cheap but, in the scheme of things, is okay.

We had unlimited high speed internet (2-3 mps) on the Celebrity Millennium last year on a cruise from Vancouver to Tokyo. We watched Netflix, Hulu and other online services. Worked well enough most of the time.

It’s a dream come true for my partner and me.

It may be a dream. With something like this, it's always best to wait for a few additional

confirmations from other posters.

For some reason, I'm reminded of the claim that embarcation dining room lunch was for

only club class passengers -- which after a lot of teeth gnashing -- turned out to not be true.

It seems strange that something like this would happen first on an old ship like Grand...

JMHO, but if Princess doesn't improve their satellite internet service won't having a lot of people on with the unlimited service actually make their already well known slow internet service even slower?

Bob

Carnival Corporation which has 10 different cruise lines including Princess is upgrading their internet service on their ships. Here is an article about the upgraded service:

https://www.marinelink.com/news/carnival-internet-service380107