Would you rather be dropped off the ship early before a hurricane.

geckoaz

I usually fly to a cruise, so if a major storm was forecast in an area undergoing evac, then I would stay on board and enjoy the few extra days CTN. I wouldn't chance getting stuck in an airport without a ticket when so many others are trying to leave that area. Almost ensures staying in a shelter for the duration.

If I drove to the port and the ship was returning to that port, then I might take my chances and try to drive home or out of the area.

No easy answer, each situation is different.

Since we fly to any port, I would probably stay on the ship til all settled down and then head to airport to rearrange when it was calmer (assuming either getting off or staying on necessitated 'rearranging' airfare either early or later...) i.e, AFTER the bad weather passed and the ship could return to port.

I would prefer to be let off the ship early to be able to fly home before conditions deteriorate. The key though is, "before conditions deteriorate." I would not want to be let off if the likelihood of getting a flight home was already past.

Carnival's approach to waiting until the last minute to make decisions in storm circumstances keeps me from sailing Carnival during hurricane season.

Edited by winddawn

We would stay on board because getting off interferes with people already in the area trying to get out and I wouldn't want to use resources they need when I already have a safe option of staying onboard. Even if we drove to the port, my car could always be replaced, that is what insurance is for.

I'd take the refund and stay home

I do not think either staying home or being offered a refund was in the cards. OP was talking about getting off early at some port or just staying on board to go wherever the ship went to avoid the storm

If all imaginable options were on the table, I would choose the $25,000 rebate and four free cruises.

We'd probably choose to stay on board, but it depends on the circumstances. If it was too late to safely or easily get a flight home, better to be on board. I wouldn't want to be stuck in a port during a hurricane with no way to get home.

Maybe if I lived in the port city it would be different.

i wish i could start a poll. Would you rather be dropped off at a port facing a hurricane early and take chances of rebooking airlines or driving to safety? Pr would you rather stay on board to nowhere?

It depends. If I've driven to port then I would like to get dropped off and get out of there. If I flew to port I'd rather be stranded on the ship that can take me out of harms way then stranded in a city facing a hurricane.

i wish i could start a poll. Would you rather be dropped off at a port facing a hurricane early and take chances of rebooking airlines or driving to safety? Pr would you rather stay on board to nowhere?

being married to a Sailor: ON BOARD. there is a reason the US Navy sends all its ships out to sea when big storms are headed their way.