Man jumps off cruise ship for kicks

Copper10-8

A 27-year old male from Vancouver, WA decide to "have some fun" by jumping off Deck 11 of RCI's Symphony of the Seas while the ship was docked in Nassau, Bahamas last Friday, 11 Jan 2019. He survived the jump, was kicked off the ship to find his own way home, referred to the Royal Bahamas Police for criminal charges (they were declined), and banned for life (along with his buds who helped him get on the ship's railing) by Royal Caribbean. The cruise line says they will be seeking legal action. The individual stated "My idea was this would be a good laugh for my friends and I would just swim back to shore and continue my vacation.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3yeEoGQm4Q

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Tide Pod generation seeks new thrills. Wasn't pulling a girl's pigtails enough flirtation with danger, young men?

I suspect this will set off a rash of monkey-see monkey do copy cats. Though this is still one step down from the new game blind folding yourself and then getting iin a car and drive ...using your magical powers of third eye observation.. 

Edited by OlsSalt

I had hoped to do a 'Bird Box' challenge, walking the railing of the promenade deck on about day 3 of a Transatlantic crossing.  Perhaps I should reconsider, as I might fall the wrong side and bang my head on the deck. :classic_wink:

And we wonder why HAL eliminated the unlimited in-cabin wine policy? I always suspected it had to do with potential legal exposure for the increasing numbers of overboard "accidents" happening industry wide at the same time.

Edited by OlsSalt
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

All for the 'Selfie'....

WOW...  could have been another "died for the selfie/youtube" stunt.

What.. is.. WRONG.. with people.

If these people even live by doing dare devil stunts they need medical intervention   for the mental health problems  plus meds  for quite a long time 

33 minutes ago, madera1 said:

It would be a good idea for other cruise lines taking note of this person so they can flag future reservation attempts on their ships.

Agreed.  This moron and all his friends were kicked off the ship in Nassau where this occurred.  RCI banned them for life.  Normally when this happens, the ban includes all lines under the parent corporation umbrella.  Hopefully that happened and hopefully other cruise corporations, like Carnival, follow suit.  

I have a feeling a lot of people were relieved when this group got kicked off, starting with their on-board neighbors.  

The guy who jumped said he did so because he was still drunk from the night before.  I can only imagine how they were acting that night.  

Edited by Aquahound