Chops or Jamie’s?

which ship?  While the food quality may be more consistent across ships, the service varies.  For instance, I wouldn't recommend Chops on Liberty OTS for an anniversary dinner.

We will be on Liberty again in just over a week.  Hopefully, they have got their act together by now

Chops will give you a more formal dinner while Jamie’s is entirely casual. Chops would be my pick only for the quieter more intimate venue. The food is good too. 

Jamies is more noisy and more open to the Via, so not so intimate.  The food is also good. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bfloluci2 said:

The ship we will be on is the Anthem of the Seas...this fall

Chops is much nicer venue on Anthem (in terms of upscale feel), however, Jamies might have outdoor seating open 😉.  Both have good food that I liked.  Lamb chops are better at Chops than Jamies 😉

Either way....Chefs Table on Anthem is hosted in a private room in the back of Chops and very nice.

Edited by dodgestang
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Chops is much nicer venue on Anthem (in terms of upscale feel), however, Jamies might have outdoor seating open 😉.  Both have good food that I liked.  Lamb chops are better at Chops than Jamies 😉

Either way....Chefs Table on Anthem is hosted in a private room in the back of Chops and very nice.

Chef's Table is great, but the OP should know that Chef's Table comes with a wine pairing for each course.  If you do not drink or do not  drink wine specifically, it is kind of silly to pay all that extra money.  Just FYI  ! 🙂

1 hour ago, bfloluci2 said:

Anniversary dinner...we can only do 1....(hubby will NOT do Wonderland) . Which of these 2 would you pick?

Chops without a doubt.

Jamie's UK restaurant's are in administration so would question why and how long they will survive.

Screenshot_20190621-174549.jpg

Just my experience.  Both are really good.  If you are a steak eater, Chops has really good steaks and it's a very  nice fancy dinner out for the price.  However, I think Jamie's is more fun and a little different from a typical steakhouse.  If you like good, more traditional, Italian food that is not like Olive Garden, I'd give Jamie's a try.  But, it's all about personal opinion of course. They are both very good and you can't really lose either way.

I would vote for Chops. We ate at Jamie's on Harmony and the experience was only so so. The atmosphere in the restaurant was very, VERY LOUD! Felt like a night out at Chili's. Fine, but not special.

29 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

If your ship offers the BOGO you could do both for the same price. Once onboard it is pretty easy to change to a different night for the anniversary dinner. Wondering why you can only do 1. happy cruising 

Is the BOGO something you buy now in the cruise planner or once onboard?

My vote is for Jamie's but I much prefer Italian to steak.  We have sailed the Harmony twice, ate once at chops and were all underwhelmed.  Ate both sailings at Jamie's and we all loved it but yes it feels like a more casual setting.  

Vote for Chops and haven't seen the BOGO offer recently.  Yes in cruise planner under dining used to be able to get 2 dinners for price of 1, first night and another night.  Also used to have First night done right but also haven't that for a while.

2 minutes ago, CanadaRob said:

Vote for Chops and haven't seen the BOGO offer recently.  Yes in cruise planner under dining used to be able to get 2 dinners for price of 1, first night and another night.  Also used to have First night done right but also haven't that for a while.

BOGO is gone, replaced by Chops + 1.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

BOGO is gone, replaced by Chops + 1.

FNDR gone too?  Didn't see it on the last couple of cruises and went looking for it recently for an upcoming and didn't see it either.

3 hours ago, bfloluci2 said:

Anniversary dinner...we can only do 1....(hubby will NOT do Wonderland) . Which of these 2 would you pick?

Why not ask hubby ? Why not both? I'm another hand's down for Chops 🥓🥩🍺🍺:classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, CanadaRob said:

FNDR gone too?  Didn't see it on the last couple of cruises and went looking for it recently for an upcoming and didn't see it either.

FNDR is also gone.

The only packages now available are

Chops +1

3 night dining

5 night dining (available only on sailings 10+ days)

Unlimited dining package

4 hours ago, Rala said:

Chef's Table is great, but the OP should know that Chef's Table comes with a wine pairing for each course.  If you do not drink or do not  drink wine specifically, it is kind of silly to pay all that extra money.  Just FYI  ! 🙂

I know a couple of years ago you could pay a lower fee to not have the wine.  I'm not sure of how much less it was but it was an option.  It was something you had to adjust once you were on board if I recall.  

Just ate at both on Anthem, and I agree with most others and vote Chops, no question. We did enjoy Jamie’s enough to go for two meals during our short cruise, but the ambience in Chops is much better for an intimate dinner. Can you do Chops + 1 and try both?

2 hours ago, CanadaRob said:

FNDR has gone but D+ BOGO is still available as I used ours on Independence 25-28th May 2019.

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have eaten at both Chops and Jamie's multiple times on Anthem.  Chops is a more intimate setting than Jamie's. I would choose that for a special occasion.  I would go to Jamie's too, we really enjoy the food.

THIS.

and THIS.

and THIS AGAIN.

• Like 1