Now Horizon Skyride Closed

sunonfire

8 minutes ago, sunonfire said:

Here is a link to the story. First it was the Vista and now the Horizon has the same issues.

https://www.cruisehive.com/second-vista-class-carnival-cruise-ship-closes-skyride-feature/33490

That's a shame.
I got busy last time I was on the Vista and missed the chance to ride it, and was hoping to maybe be able to do it in Oct.
Maybe they will get the issues figured out.

We are on Vista next month.  There is talk on our roll call that it may be due to the salt air.  I can't imagine the effects of sea spray on mechanical parts.  Wondering if "BOLT" on Mardi Gras will have similar problems or worse.  But Hopefully they will get this worked out.

9 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

There is talk on our roll call that it may be due to the salt air.  I can't imagine the effects of sea spray on mechanical parts. 

Salt increases rust in steel and metal. this is why in some ports, they are always painting or cleaning the outside of the ships. I wont be surprised if rust is indeed a problem with the skyride and it should be an issue carnival needs to look into to prevent it on the roller coaster

10 minutes ago, shof515 said:

Salt increases rust in steel and metal. this is why in some ports, they are always painting or cleaning the outside of the ships. I wont be surprised if rust is indeed a problem with the skyride and it should be an issue carnival needs to look into to prevent it on the roller coaster

Yeah it makes sense.  I was hoping to ride the skyride next month. If it is out of service, I will just have to do a couple extra slides down the water slide.

2 hours ago, shof515 said:

if rust is indeed a problem with the skyride and it should be an issue carnival needs to look into to prevent it on the roller coaster

Quick! Someone develop a robot on wheels to go around the track to spray fresh water on the rails with a blast of air feature to dry them off. ( Hope Horizon gets the ride up and running very soon.) 

roller_coaster_robot_by_moonie-d57i915.j

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

The Skyride is a huge draw to me; I can imagine quite a few will be disappointed as they may have chosen that ship for the Skyride. I hope they get it fixed quickly!

The fixing part may not be as big of a problem as the constant breaking part. 

3 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Quick! Someone develop a robot on wheels to go around the track to spray fresh water on the rails with a blast of air feature to dry them off. ( Hope Horizon gets the ride up and running very soon.) 

They may want to talk to some model railroaders, esp. large scale garden railroad.  There a specialty engines/cars that you buy which scrubs the "grunge" off the railroad tracks.  🙂

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 3:57 PM, cruisequeen4ever said:

The Skyride is a huge draw to me; I can imagine quite a few will be disappointed as they may have chosen that ship for the Skyride. I hope they get it fixed quickly!

Don't get your hopes up. Like someone already mentioned, there is a better chance of the SkyRide being closed permanently then it being up and running the majority of the time. 

On 8/11/2019 at 12:45 PM, sanmarcosman said:

Not a bad idea....

8 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Don't get your hopes up. Like someone already mentioned, there is a better chance of the SkyRide being closed permanently then it being up and running the majority of the time. 

I have seen nothing at all about it being closed permanently, can you point to anything that suggests that?

41 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I have seen nothing at all about it being closed permanently, can you point to anything that suggests that?

Dont have to point nothing out, He said a "Chance".  This isn't a "Court of law"..lol

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, FSHLOT said:

Dont have to point nothing out, He said a "Chance".  This isn't a "Court of law"..lol

Far from it, if there was news on that front, official or otherwise, I would love to read about it.  Is that OK?