New Deposit Requirements for North America

Bubbs33

Deposit requirements will change effective December 9, 2019 for Princess cruises. The deposit structure will be tiered based on cruise duration and cabin type. Book now to avoid potentially higher deposits.

Edited by Bubbs33

5 minutes ago, Bubbs33 said:

Deposit requirements will change effective December 9, 2019. The deposit structure will be tiered based on cruise duration and cabin type. Book now to avoid potentially higher deposits.

Too bad he didn't take time to add one sentence that would settle the questions folks will have about using FCD's.

4 minutes ago, Bubbs33 said:

Checkout the agent site for princess. No login required for some info. See right navigation column.

https://book.princess.com/BookingSystem/login.page

I believe the operative word in this new policy is "Princess Standard Deposit Policy for North America". I'm sure it does not include the FCCs you buy on board as there is no mention of them.

Really need to look at this two ways. If you can still use FCD then the effect is very small. Guests just need to always have these FCD on hand. If you are booking without  them, then it is a increase in the deposit amounts. Paying $400 person deposit for a 14 day cruise is more than most pay.  Our Princes cruises over the last couple of years have been 5 to 18 days, and never has the deposit been $400 per person, so it is a way for Princess to take larger deposits.

Interestingly, the sale that starts on December 11 (see the Best Sale Ever thread0 

states "Deposit of $100 per guest is refundable. Full Suites require a $200 refundable deposit per guest. Cruises under 6 days require a $50 refundable deposit per guest. Deposits are required for guests 1 and 2 only."  The eligible cruises are 7 to 52 days long according to the included voyage list.  So it looks like exception will be made - and in the case of this sale, many exceptions.

On 12/4/2019 at 7:28 PM, Bgwest said:

Tried to open the link but got the Princess “technical difficulties” page. That’s all I’ve been able to get for the last 48 hours. 

I had this problem and found on the site on CC to go to microsoft edge, then go to siteand it worked no problem.  Hope that helps.

On 12/4/2019 at 10:44 PM, capriccio said:

"Deposit of $100 per guest is refundable. Full Suites require a $200 refundable deposit per guest. Cruises under 6 days require a $50 refundable deposit per guest. Deposits are required for guests 1 and 2 only."  The eligible cruises are 7 to 52 days long according to the included voyage list.  So it looks like exception will be made - and in the case of this sale, many exceptions.

All they have to do is update the terms of the sale on Dec 10 when the policy changes.  But they may just leave all sales at $100pp.  In which case the policy is pretty much vacated for most bookings since there is always a sale going on.

I always use FCD's for our deposits.  I keep enough on hand to not run out - unless we go nuts booking!! 😛

Edited by steelers36