Favorite Dishes on CCL

lindsay0526

My hubs and I have just booked a very last minute trip on the Paradise later this month to celebrate our 15 year anniversary (we cruised on the Miracle for our Honeymoon)! ❤️ We haven’t cruised CCL since then, so I’m not sure what to lookout for on the ship food-wise. So let me know what are some of your favorite dishes are! (I know that food is a very polarizing topic... 😉 )

31 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

Steakhouse, the steak tartare is amazing.

Sea day brunch, steak and eggs is nicely done.

MDR, all of the cold soups.  The prime rib has never disappointed.

Happy anniversary!

Thank you and thanks for the recommendations! 

Taco Salad from Blue Iguana for lunch.

I enjoy the pizza and the new deli sandwiches.

With the exception of the lobster, I like the seafood dishes offered in the MDR. More specifically the Sweet and Sour Shrimp, Frutti de Mare, and the Teriyaki salmon.

Enjoy your anniversary cruise!

• Like 1

At breakfast (in the MDR) my favorite things are the bruleed grapefruit with ginger sugar and the berry yogurt parfait.

My favorite thing for lunch depends on what ship I'm on, but you can never go wrong with a burrito or tacos from the Blue Iguana.

At dinner, I love so many of the appetizers. Folks have mentioned the cold soups, which are great. The spring rolls are excellent too. (They usually have them on the buffet too, so I will usually snag a couple off there for a late-night snack just before they shut it down. My favorite entree is probably the lamb shank, although I also really enjoy the Indian vegetarian.

And my favorite dessert is easily the Buttered Popcorn Pot de Creme.

Some of my favorites..

Guys Burgers (The Ringer or Chillius Maximus are my faves)

Blue Iguana tacos for lunch (get one of each - chicken, pork, and fish) and their breakfast burritos for breakfast

Steak and Eggs at Sea Day Brunch

MDR favorites are lasagna (either the beef or the vegetarian - both are great), veal parmesan, lobster and shrimp, stuffed mushrooms, crab cake, chocolate melting cake, and bitter and blanc.

• Like 1

I cannot believe there have been so many cold soup mentions! I have tried them a number of times and well, I'm just surprised they are so popular.

Some helpful links:

Menus and such

Carnival food options - on the left you can refine your search to only Carnival Paradise - after I typed out a bunch of ideas, I realized most of them are not available on that ship

For lunches I will often get a bowl burrito with no wrap at Blue Iguana and I love the toppings bar. I will also often get fries from Guys and head over to the Blue Igauana toppings bar and go nuts.

At dinner in the main dining room I don't really have favorite entrees. I will often get a chocolatini, baked alaska and sometimes the melting chocolate cake with ice cream. Since there aren't any specialty dining restaurants, I would just pick things you like and enjoy back home. Unless you're feeling adventurous and want to try new things. Remember that it is ok to get multiple entrees or appetizers, you don't have to get only one of each.

• Like 1

Breakfast: Breakfast Burrito or Juevous Rancheros at Blue Iguana, Steak and Eggs in MDR at Sea Day Brunch.

Lunch: "Ringer" at Guy's or a Cuban sandwich from the Deli.

Dinner: Any steak at the Steakhouse, Short Ribs and Prime Rib in the MDR.

Dessert: Chocolate Melting cake, Popcorn Pot de Creme, Bitter & Blanc

I love the beef brisket, creme brulee, escargot, Greek Farmer's salad, and most ALL of the Main Dining Room pastas.  I think the Deli choices are really tasty, especially the Reuben and the turkey wrap.  You can't go wrong with the foods at the Blue Iguana Cantina, especially the breakfast burritos!

1 hour ago, nklpikl said:

I've cream and peanut butter? Like a spoon full on creamy peanut butter? I am so intrigued

The ice cream and peanut butter each come in little side dishes, like the one in the picture of the buttered popcorn pot de creme with the sauce. I thought I had a picture of the chocolate melting cake with a dish of peanut butter and two of ice cream (my DH claims this is the best ratio) but I can’t find it. 

CA017155-9EDD-4301-8B7B-516922384E5E.jpeg

• Like 1

There is a cheese and butternut squash pie type thing in the MDR (sort of like a pot pie) that is to die for.  It is an entree.  I am not a big meat eater so I live for this!!!

Also, love me some Guy's Burgers.  

Chef's Table is always amazing, too.  

Lido Breakfast: Burrito from Blue Iguana

Sea Day Brunch: Voyager burger, eggs benedict

Port Day Breakfast: Cheddar Broccoli scramble

Lido Lunch: Buffalo chicken sandwich from deli, or tomato mozzarella sandwich from the deli, or the taco salad from Blue Iguana

MDR: salmon cakes, sweet & sour shrimp, Crisp Portobello mushrooms, Indian Vegetarian

Cucina: Chicken parm

Steakhouse: filet mignon

2 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

There is a cheese and butternut squash pie type thing in the MDR (sort of like a pot pie) that is to die for.  It is an entree.  I am not a big meat eater so I live for this!!!

Also, love me some Guy's Burgers.  

Chef's Table is always amazing, too.  

Oh I forgot about that butternut squash "pie"....is it called the Root Vegetables something-or-other? it's so good!!

• Like 1