I miss tipping and chair hog threads!

11 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

I was just talking about our loved host Bob and that I haven't seen any comments from him. I pray  all his well with him and his family.  Can anyone verify that?

I understand that he retired and they moved to (I think) Florida and that all is well. It was commented on an earlier post. I believe it may have been @Ourusualbeach who provided the information. 

I miss his speedy and helpful posts and hope that, even if he is enjoying his retirement, he will soon be missing all of us enough to come back from time to time.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I understand that he retired and they moved to (I think) Florida and that all is well. It was commented on an earlier post. I believe it may have been @Ourusualbeach who provided the information. 

I miss his speedy and helpful posts and hope that, even if he is enjoying his retirement, he will soon be missing all of us enough to come back from time to time.

Correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

I was just talking about our loved host Bob and that I haven't seen any comments from him. I pray  all his well with him and his family.  Can anyone verify that?

Yes, he's fine 'spoke' to him a couple of weeks ago. He was always planning to 'retire' from the boards once he moved. I too miss him on here though.

13 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Took this photo last week on Rhapsody. It was about 9am. Not sure when these folks put their towels out. It was a cold windy day so not sure why they thought they needed to hold chairs. 

m

20E3745A-444B-45A3-9DB3-1DD46473B3F4.jpeg

They also hogged the worst chairs. Why wouldn't you pick the middle of the middle row? 

• Like 2

I am laughing out loud this morning at all these post.

Damn.

Thats what I like about cruising.

Let me share my one day on a cruise ship.

As I am sailing I went out on the balcony with my rum runner to have a smoke, and look at the sun rise it was awesome. I had to struggle a little bit to get the balcony divider open, but I managed.  I needed more room for my clothes line.

Since the clothes were not dry I put on the bathrobe provided by RCI and off to breakfast.

The line for washy washy was way too long and besides I washed  my hands when I showered last night I headed off to get my food.

Now, mind you people have no courtesy for others.  The lady in front of me was taking her dear old time with the tongs getting  a piece of bacon, that I just moved the bacon over  with my fingers then I tasted a couple slices and they were cooked ok, but I had to move the top pieces to the bottom to get the crispier ones.

I do not like fresh eggs, I like the fake eggs and the scrambled eggs looked good and tasted good.  It was at this time I thought I would get a plate and eat in the WJ.

Now the only hard part was finding a table.  But I saw two chairs by the window and sat down.  I think the family there was  surprised when I joined them, but I did not have time look for a chair. And when I sat down they got up, so they were done.

After breakfast I went to the sky bar and got a rum and coke.  then walked around a little bit and in about 10 min. went to the promenade to get a beer for  my husband.  Besides we only had one drink package and whats one beer.

When I got back to the cabin, we got our swim suits on and went down to the pool and got our towels and were able to save 9 chairs in prime real estate in case someone we knew came down.

They had this signs to shower before you enter the pool, but the pool is salt water so It should clean me off ok.

As I rested I was starting to plan the day. Trying new drinks, shows, and what to wear at dinner.

Our dinner in the MDR is 5:30, but the sun is sooo hot I think we will enjoy the pool day and go and eat at 6:30Pm.  After all we PAID for this cruise and they will just have to save a spot for us.

And besides it might take all day for my tank tops and jean shorts to dry on the balcony.

Oh I remember I better go down today and remove my gratuities before the line gets so long,  I am so upset.  I asked for a 9th lobster tail at dinner last night and got a dirty look, damn I am PAYING for this cruise, and should not be treated that way.

Ok, better sleep a little, and just cannot understand why people are asking us if these pool  loungers are saved.....can't people see they have had towels on them since 9am.  Guys its only noon, you would figure if people see towels on loungers for hours someone belongs to them.  sheeeessssss.

Ok 

Later

Safe travels

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Loving this thread lol!  I'll be on Independence in two week so I'll be sure to report on chair hogs, dress codes, dogs in the MDR  and all sorts of shenanigans.  Who knows, maybe I'll have my choice of pool loungers!  Only way I'm not going is if RCL cancels.

15 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Right now there are 12 Coronavirus-related threads on the first page of this board.  I miss the old days!

Silver lining.....anyone still sailing will not have to worry about not finding a chair at the pool.....something I know I am looking forward to.