Jump to content

Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges


Recommended Posts

On 3/20/2020 at 7:01 PM, Bdnclc said:

Has anyone cancelled excursions recently and how long to receive credit about

I cancelled several excursions for our June Alaskan cruise back in mid-April, and have not received a refund yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mandajordana said:

I have been following and reading comments on this daily hoping one day it would be my lucky day! We were meant to sail on the Regal on 29/03. We had 2 balcony rooms booked. Today I gasped as I logged in and found I had a FCC posted to my account. Nothing on my CC yet but hopefully BMO MC will process it in the next few days. I am curious, those of you that have FCC on your account, is it posted in two transactions? I was meant to receive 50% FCC since our sailing was end of March. I received two amounts titled: Used For Goodwill Fccs and Covid 19 Fcc 25pc. They are for different amounts and combined they are more than 50% of what we paid for our one room. I have to create my mum and account to see if she has any FCC for her balcony room. They were two separate staterooms so I don't think I would have the FCC for both bookings as only one was in my name. What have other people experienced? Thank you in advance, I hope this hasn't already been asked. I did try to search the FCC terms to see but nothing came up. 

 

Congratulations on getting your FCCs!  Which option did you select?  Our friends who were cruising with us elected Option 1 and I've posted a screen shot of the two pieces of their FCCs below (one for fare and the other for the 50% bonus).  I have not heard of any notations of "Covid19 FCC" so that is very odd.  We don't have our bonus FCCs yet that we elected Option 2 for the same May 9th cruise but expect that when it posts it will be labeled as "Goodwill FCC".  Have you tried to reconcile what is shown against the items that you had paid for the cruise?

 

image.png.a4cdc4c2efcba21ddd058b8808c6f00a.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cruise Date:   May 13, 2020

 

Government Port Closure Date:  March 19

Princess Cruise Cancel Date:  April 14

Refund Date:  June 12

 

So  85, 59 or 30 days depending on which date you choose.

Edited by Mears Family
consider sail date too
Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple months ago I booked a 2nd cruise(british isle) for Aug sailing after the 1st one was cancelled by Princess. I cancelled the 2nd one before Princess cancelled it in Phase 2. Concern about Princess going out of business, I disputed by $400 deposit in April if my memory is correct. Finally we have closure, my citicard notified me my credit is now permanent.  

 

Only thing left is the reimbursement of bus and train fare which they said back in April 16th that they would pay me for.  Its now 60 days.  Anyone in the same situation got their reimbursement yet? Agent told me it was suppose to be check payment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if this has been asked before.  I am waiting for my refund, will the refund include the airfares I booked through EZair that I paid for on Princesses website?    This was for my cruise departing April 25th.  I really don't want air credits as I have no plans to travel in the next year or so.

 

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2020 at 8:29 PM, DavidandHeather said:

Finally had a call from a supervisor and a chance to explain our situation to them which is diffrent to most here as we cancelled before the normal 90 day final payment date but unfortunately after princess switched off the auto refund system, it was refreshing call with absolutely no bs and they listened to us and carefully explained the problems Princess are up against. Had we received such a call earlier we would not have become as worried or stressed, as a result we will give them a few extra days before we consider other action and our badly dented opinion of princess has become slightly less dented.

 

Day 84 and some small refunds have finally started showing up on our bank and cc accounts, we can finally see some light at the end of a long dark tunnel. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, kiwichick62 said:

Sorry if this has been asked before.  I am waiting for my refund, will the refund include the airfares I booked through EZair that I paid for on Princesses website?    This was for my cruise departing April 25th.  I really don't want air credits as I have no plans to travel in the next year or so.

 

Thanks.

Mine did. I had Flexible Air.

Edited by Coral
Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 97--have had some movement in the right direction (keeping fingers crossed).

 

Hubby received refund from Princess today on his CC for final payment made on our 5/09/2020 cruise.  We cancelled 3/11 and Princess cancelled the next day.  Still waiting for refund of deposit amount made on my CC and the 25% FCC.

 

Have cruise booked in 2021.  Will be calling Princess again for clarification and to see if FCC will be applied soon to that booking.

 

Never a dull moment....😏

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coral said:

Mine did. I had Flexible Air.

Thanks Coral.  🙂  I can now report that Princess has fully refunded our airfares, it just showed up in my bank account.  I was concerned as I had booked non-refundable EZair flights and thought they may have given us air credits instead.

 

The refund for our cruise will come through soon via our travel agent.  Also to show up is our 25% future cruise credits, not that we are planning to cruise any time soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kiwichick62 said:

Thanks Coral.  🙂  I can now report that Princess has fully refunded our airfares, it just showed up in my bank account.  I was concerned as I had booked non-refundable EZair flights and thought they may have given us air credits instead.

 

The refund for our cruise will come through soon via our travel agent.  Also to show up is our 25% future cruise credits, not that we are planning to cruise any time soon.

So glad to hear this!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

 

Have cruise booked in 2021.  Will be calling Princess again for clarification and to see if FCC will be applied soon to that booking.

 

Mine wasn't applied right away. Maybe a week or two later (with out my consent).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coral said:

Mine wasn't applied right away. Maybe a week or two later (with out my consent).

I booked a preliminary hold on a cabin for Panama Canal Cruise March 2021 with a wholesale travel agent, who were offering a fairly generous $550 onboard cabin credit. Princess transferred my FCC immediately, without my consent. The onboard credit immediately dropped to $100. The travel agent refused to honor the $550 credit, as they stated this "reduced" fare reduced their commission. My $200 deposit for the cruise was immediately charged to my credit card. I ended up cancelling the cruise with this agent and re-booking with another, with more onboard credit. The original agent now tells me it will take 8-10 weeks to get the deposit refunded. Immediate charge - 8-10 week delay getting money back.

 

Moral of the story - be very careful who you book a future cruise with, and make sure your FCC does not reduce any onboard credit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, redtop101 said:

I booked a preliminary hold on a cabin for Panama Canal Cruise March 2021 with a wholesale travel agent, who were offering a fairly generous $550 onboard cabin credit. Princess transferred my FCC immediately, without my consent. The onboard credit immediately dropped to $100. The travel agent refused to honor the $550 credit, as they stated this "reduced" fare reduced their commission. My $200 deposit for the cruise was immediately charged to my credit card. I ended up cancelling the cruise with this agent and re-booking with another, with more onboard credit. The original agent now tells me it will take 8-10 weeks to get the deposit refunded. Immediate charge - 8-10 week delay getting money back.

 

Moral of the story - be very careful who you book a future cruise with, and make sure your FCC does not reduce any onboard credit.

Mine was applied to a hold also. Actually - they extended the hold a few months. I haven't made a deposit yet. 

 

I am thinking because commission is protected on the FCC, that you can still get a discount. Otherwise, I understand where the original agent is coming from but it is uncool to put a deposit down with out permission. And Princess is taking forever for refunds now.

 

 

Edited by Coral
Link to post
Share on other sites

I chatted with Princess today.  My FCC for my cancelled April 11 sailing applied about a month ago, but there had been no sign of a refund for taxes/port fees. gratuities, spa reservations and specialty dining.  The Princess rep said that "the refund have been processed on June 9-12, 2020. However, it still may vary to reflect in the card." and did verify the amount I expected for each item.  When I asked what "have been processed"  means, she said "It was triggered by the Princess to be refunded to the guests."  I thought it was interesting that she called PCL "the Princess" as if it were a person.  The conversation was also peppered with every excuse in the book, but you have all heard those so I won't bore you with them.  Anyway, it will be interesting to see when my refund that "have been processed on June 9-12" shows up on my credit card.  I continue to check my account daily.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Coral said:

Mine was applied to a hold also. Actually - they extended the hold a few months. I haven't made a deposit yet. 

 

I am thinking because commission is protected on the FCC, that you can still get a discount. Otherwise, I understand where the original agent is coming from but it is uncool to put a deposit down with out permission. And Princess is taking forever for refunds now.

 

 

Princess applied the FCC on my hold, immediately without my permission or my knowledge. I saw that the cruise price had come down. I called the agent next day because of the confused figures and he confirmed that the FCC had been applied. He verbally told me that they would be able to give the $550 cabin credit and so I 

put the $200 deposit on my cc. I got a written confirmation showing the $550 cabin credit. A few days later I booked my EZair flight with Princess. I then got another revised confirmation from the agent showing the Princess flight but now showing my cabin credit falling from $550 to $100. I questioned this, quoting my written $550 cabin credit and after consultation with his supervisor refused to budge on the $550 credit. I then cancelled with that agent and now the $200 deposit will take 8-10 weeks to refund. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cvpends said:

I chatted with Princess today.  My FCC for my cancelled April 11 sailing applied about a month ago, but there had been no sign of a refund for taxes/port fees. gratuities, spa reservations and specialty dining.  The Princess rep said that "the refund have been processed on June 9-12, 2020. However, it still may vary to reflect in the card." and did verify the amount I expected for each item.  When I asked what "have been processed"  means, she said "It was triggered by the Princess to be refunded to the guests."  I thought it was interesting that she called PCL "the Princess" as if it were a person.  The conversation was also peppered with every excuse in the book, but you have all heard those so I won't bore you with them.  Anyway, it will be interesting to see when my refund that "have been processed on June 9-12" shows up on my credit card.  I continue to check my account daily.

Well, after all this my credit card shows a credit for the amount of the refund tonight!   So for those keeping track, for my April 11 sailing on Royal Princess, the FCC showed up about 2 months after the cruise was cancelled, and the refund 3 months and 4 days after the cancellation.

 

Now, I can start worrying about when the FCC and refund for my June 12 Alaskan Star Princess cruise out of SFO will show up, LOL.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was surprised today when I was checking my credit card account and saw two large credits covering our two March cruises.  The FCDs  had been returned earlier to our account.  All monies paid in full for the two cruises have now been returned.  It took 91 days for the refunds to process.  We are still waiting to received the bonus FCCs.  

 

For our June cruise (paid in full), we cancelled on 18 March.  FCDs were returned shortly after cancelling.  To date, no refunds or bonus FCCs have been received.     Option 2 was chosen for both the June and March cruises.

 

Our Nov and Dec cruises were cancelled on 6 May.  We decided to go with Option 1 and receive  FCCs for the additional payments we had made on both cruises.  Took 20 days to have the FCCs post to our Nov/Dec 2021 cruises.  We are still waiting for the FCDs to be posted to our account.  Have not received any bonus FCCs for these two cruises.

 

Will be glad when the last refund comes in.  Will not hold my breath for all the bonus FCCs  but it would be nice to get them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, darknightsdespiser said:

Have managed to speak to a human on the phone. This one reckons the easiest to process refunds will be done first, i.e. the ones where no action will be required and thinks I am likely to see the FCC credit before the refund.  She did say that the earlier requests i.e. Mar/Apr cancellations were proving more complicated 🤯

 

Based on a number of posts by people with "easy to process refunds" who have not yet received their refunds, I do not think they are processing the easy ones first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, caribill said:

 

Based on a number of posts by people with "easy to process refunds" who have not yet received their refunds, I do not think they are processing the easy ones first.

They are not doing the difficult ones either.

 

The March sailings seem to be the ones they are having problems with.

Link to post
Share on other sites

By way of update, on day 95 with zip from Princess, my credit card company revised the provisional refund to a permanent refund.   The credit card company gave Princess a deadline to respond and when they didn't - bingo, I got my final payment back.

 

Princess is still on the hook for my down payment, which was made so long ago that I couldn't dispute the charge with the credit card company.  Hopefully, they'll eventually settle up, but at least I got over $9K back in the coffers. 

 

The cruise was scheduled for April 4th on the Ruby.

 

The credit card company clock has now stopped, but the Princess clock is still ticking away.  Day 97 today.......

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

By way of update, on day 95 with zip from Princess, my credit card company revised the provisional refund to a permanent refund.   The credit card company gave Princess a deadline to respond and when they didn't - bingo, I got my final payment back.

 

Princess is still on the hook for my down payment, which was made so long ago that I couldn't dispute the charge with the credit card company.  Hopefully, they'll eventually settle up, but at least I got over $9K back in the coffers. 

 

The cruise was scheduled for April 4th on the Ruby.

 

The credit card company clock has now stopped, but the Princess clock is still ticking away.  Day 97 today.......

What credit card company and what day did you dispute the charges? 

 

Congrats.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DavidandHeather said:

 

Day 84 and some small refunds have finally started showing up on our bank and cc accounts, we can finally see some light at the end of a long dark tunnel. 

 

Having looked at the amounts refunded (about 8% of the total due) it's just the excursions refunded so far, flights, pre cruise package, cruise and cruise tour inc grants and drinks package still to be refunded. Still worried.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Coral said:

What credit card company and what day did you dispute the charges? 

 

Congrats.

 

It was with my Costco CitiBank card.  I opened the dispute on April 11 about a week after the scheduled sailing date of April 4.  That way I could claim that the services were not received.  The credit card company settled on June 15.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was part of the 12th March cancellation, and completed my preference form on the same day. I received my refund in two parts on 15th and 16th June (I'd used two different payment methods).

 

I had raised a dispute with my credit card company, but they hadn't processed it. When I spoke to them they said they had something like 40,000 active disputes and they anticipated it taking 8-12 weeks to deal with it once received.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy to report....at long last, on day 98, we have received the refunds to both my husband's and my credit cards, AND the FCC's have been posted to our accounts.  This is for our 5/09/20 cruise.  Now all that is left is FCC's for the cruise we had booked for 5/17/20.   Will call to check on that today.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Alberto Aliberti, President of Atlas Ocean Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...