Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

5 hours ago, SunLakesBob said:

Congratulations. Still curious on how they are handling refunds. Cancelled on April 7, departing June 13 still waiting

Cancelled March 6, May 16 sailing.  Still waiting for refund😡

32 minutes ago, SunLakesBob said:

We are also Elite. It appears it doesn't mean anything any more. Even on Board they treat the Club class better

Why shouldn’t they treat Club class better? They pay more.

Edited by billco
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aulanis said:

Not sure why you would expect a refund already.

Sea Princess sailed 10 March cancelled 12 March

No-one has had cruise refund or FCCs , well none that I have seen on here or have contacted by email.

My bad posted a wrong cancelled date.  We cancelled on February 23 and it is getting near 90 DAYS.  Princess agent told us it would take 10 to 15 days, it was a joke.  Would you expect a refund if you have been waiting THIS LONG like us?.  How much longer should we need to wait?.

3 hours ago, ChattTenn said:

Your  Captain Club status has nothing to do with your cancellation and refund. Read up on it on the Princess website. 

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

A month ago we disputed with our bank the charges for our cruise and they credited us the money. Looks like this week Princess has given us the FCC. Half to my account and half to my wife's account. Except she doesn't have an account so we have no idea where that went. 😂

Don't really care as we will never cruise with Princess. Too bad I can't give the FCC to one of you. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SunLakesBob said:

We are also Elite. It appears it doesn't mean anything any more. Even on Board they treat the Club class better

God I hate that title "Elite". It really implies that some are better than others, and sadly some Elites believe it. Surely something else is a better title, like an extension of the Gold, Platinum etc categories.

Just my opinion.

Yours,

Humbly Platinum.

• Like 6

Today finally got our refund for 4 April Western Carrebian (Regal). Changed from option 1 to option 2 on March 31. Firstly, they mistakenly applied option 1, but in a week everything is settled. 

We also have a booking of a Carrebian cruise in November, would like to sail so much... 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, leck57 said:

God I hate that title "Elite". It really implies that some are better than others, and sadly some Elites believe it. Surely something else is a better title, like an extension of the Gold, Platinum etc categories.

Just my opinion.

Yours,

Humbly Platinum.

I do feel that loyal passengers with over 700 cruise days and 127 booked in 2020 should receive extra perks

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SunLakesBob said:

I do feel that loyal passengers with over 700 cruise days and 127 booked in 2020 should receive extra perks

No issue with that at all. You missed my point - it's the title "Elite" which I detest. I am currently Platinum and will feel embarrassed when we get to the next tier and I say to people that we are Elite (sounds like elitist to me).

Edited by leck57
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, leck57 said:

No issue with that at all. You missed my point - it's the title "Elite" which I detest. I am currently Platinum and will feel embarrassed when we get to the next tier and I say to people that we are Elite (sounds like elitist to me).

I'm not embarrassed! Worked many an OT to get to cruise once sometimes twice a year. I of course do not flaunt it ,and regardless what I read here I have never seen anyone flaunt it onboard! It is not a status ,simply because I worked hard to pay for my vacations . Working from 4PM to 8AM  Hubby worked on a farm the thing that kept us going was Vaca! Nothing more nothing less!  I am now retired so will never make it to Europe but will enjoy my Caribbean vacations , I hope you do too! 🙂

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 6:15 PM, azbirdmom said:
On 6/15/2020 at 4:33 PM, azbirdmom said:
On 6/13/2020 at 9:31 AM, azbirdmom said:

We are in a similar situation.  We cancelled our May 9th cruise two days before Princess did and we got a partial refund within days of cancelling.  The initial offer was that the cancellation fees would be set up as FCCs.  Then the pause happened and the offer changed to option 1 or 2, the same thing that was communicated for those cancelled by Princess.  We filled out the form indicating option 2 on March 12th, and again on May 5th when we got the email from Princess that was sent to those who cancelled in a specified window before the pause. 

On May 22nd we got a revised cancellation notice showing no cancellation fees on the fare but oddly no EZAir amounts and the PVP was shown as $0.01.  Since others have reported getting refunds soon after receiving similar notices I was hopeful.  But since then nothing has happened.  No refund, no bonus FCCs, FCD gone from Cruise Personalizer.  And we continue to wait.

Well there has been some movement.  The FCDs that had been applied to the cancelled cruise and then dropped off the Cruise Personalizer have been restored for use on another cruise.  That happened at some point this afternoon.  Hoping that means that we will see the remaining $1600+ that we are owed and the bonus FCCs soon!

Update!  Our Goodwill FCCs have appeared on the Cruise Personalizer this afternoon.  They are a bit overstated because they were calculated based on 25% of the cruise fare + the discount from our TA.  Only remaining thing is the rest of our refund but it's clear that they are working on it.  And after I get the refund, I plan to alert my TA about how they have calculated things so that she can make sure that she isn't hurt by the manner in which the Princess calculations occurred.  While it is nice to get more than expected, I don't want it to be at the expense of someone who has worked very hard for us in good times and bad.

Oh happy day.  This morning I saw the rest of our refund posted to our Chase CC. It was to the penny what we are owed.  It had a transaction date of June 18, one day after the Goodwill FCCs posted.  So at day 104 post cancellation we are finally all set for our cancelled pause 1 cruise.

We still have FCDs owed to us for our cancelled Tahiti cruise this October.  But $200 is nowhere near what we were out for the the first cancelled cruise so I am not worried about that one.

Sending best wishes to everyone else waiting for refunds / FCCs!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Oh happy day.  This morning I saw the rest of our refund posted to our Chase CC. It was to the penny what we are owed.  It had a transaction date of June 18, one day after the Goodwill FCCs posted.  So at day 104 post cancellation we are finally all set for our cancelled pause 1 cruise.

We still have FCDs owed to us for our cancelled Tahiti cruise this October.  But $200 is nowhere near what we were out for the the first cancelled cruise so I am not worried about that one.

Sending best wishes to everyone else waiting for refunds / FCCs!

A long 104 days...... Congrats. I am still waiting for the rest of my refund which is less than $200. I love how they said "we are doing this manually so that we can make sure we get everything right" and they still screwed up. I am not worried about this amount as much.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Coral said:

A long 104 days...... Congrats. I am still waiting for the rest of my refund which is less than $200. I love how they said "we are doing this manually so that we can make sure we get everything right" and they still screwed up. I am not worried about this amount as much.

Thank you!  Completely agree with your comments about the "manual" process.  I hope that you get the rest of what you are owed soon so you can put this behind you too.

4 hours ago, leck57 said:

Why would you have to tell anyone that you are elite?   No one asks and no one cares.     You get a card/Medallion so any discounts will be applied with your card.   A lot to do about nothing.

• Like 2

On 3/21/2020 at 3:13 PM, 2gonow said:

Just wondering if anyone that is receiving refunds was using EZAir, we were flying March 30 for a April 6th Cruise.

Thank you 

Cancelled my March 15th cruise on March 6th.  Chose Option#2 on March 12th.  Got my 100% FCC for basic fare on 5/21/20.  Got my full refund (EZair,Princess ins., etc) back to my credit card on 6/6/20.

Pooh

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/18/2020 at 4:00 PM, Criusewanderlust said:

Cruise - June 14, 2020 Alaska Cruise on the Emerald
Cancelled - April 14th by Princess
Cancellation Notice - April 14th 
We originally opted for #1 and moved our cruise to August 2nd, 2020.  We were given an extended deadline to put down a deposit since Princess knew we they our money.  We were informed on May 6th that the August cruise was a no go.  We then opted for 100% refund.  
Refund - 6/18, got an email from Paypal that $547 in shore excursions was being refunded from Princess.  Checked the 6 gift cards totaling $3,357.84 and those had been refilled.  Waiting on $4,465.18 still to be refunded to my 2 debit cards.   

At least seeing something.  It is interesting that last week I emailed our Princess TA and talk to her and now I am seeing some progress.  

I have gotten everything refunded except for you Shore Excursion purchased in December totaling $655.  I plan to call today to see what is going on with that.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AlanF65 said:

My Sept 12 on Grand Princess to Alaska from Vancouver was refunded to CC today, I had paid about 30%. Full refund was only option at the time they cancelled.

A-

Wow - September has been refunded and they are still working on March.

Congrats!

Well what you know my CC dispute with the travel guard insurance(ins for cancelled May 4th cruise booked from Costco) is now permanent after waiting  about 2 months.  I guessed either the ins company doesn't want to contest it or Citi-card just say heck with it, and just return  my money. I originally filled out the ins cancel form from travel guard web site and choose voucher caused their policy did not allow me to get refund. So the ending of this is a pleasant surprise. I was expecting them to fight it.  Now the only thing I am waiting for is my transportation reimbursement from Princess. Once its done, I can look forward to a cruise next year(finger crossed). 

Most of refund received 🙂

Cruise - May 24, 2020 Alaska cruise on Emerald

Cancelled - April 14th by Princess

Option #2 selected (full refund) - April 14th
Cancellation Notice from Princess - April 14th 

Cancellation notice from TA - April 15th

Refund of cruise and air adjustment - effective date June 18th, posted date June 21st - didn't see until today June 22nd

Just waiting on refund of excursions booked directly through Princess. 

PS - 66 days from cancellation date

Edited by magdeliene
  • Like 1