Where do all the ships go for 30 days

2 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Yeah, will be sailing past them today and tomorrow, should be an interesting sight.  I can see them stooging around for a couple of days to top up water, and maybe even going out once a week or so to make water, but I can't believe some of this about them steaming around for 30 days.

If you have a chance please take a photo and post it here. I don’t know, it might just look the same as a normal Sunday.  Don’t know. 

My Daughter  in Gulfport, MS. texted me that WLOX News was reporting that the Carnival Valor and the Carnival Freedom will be docking there today with the possibility of another ship as well.  I know of at least one other cruise ship has done this in the past when the Mississippi River at New Orleans was too high to safely go under the power lines crossing the river.  

I also wonder if the Port of Mobile will also be used.  

XRAY

Adventure is currently moored to a sea anchor off the coast of Fort Lauderdale it would appear 

https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/

- open up the ' show marine traffic map and twitter feed' link below the cctv view  Show Marine Traffic Map and Twitter Marine Traffic Map and Twitter Feedow Marine Traffic Map and Twi

2 hours ago, xray said:

My Daughter  in Gulfport, MS. texted me that WLOX News was reporting that the Carnival Valor and the Carnival Freedom will be docking there today with the possibility of another ship as well.  I know of at least one other cruise ship has done this in the past when the Mississippi River at New Orleans was too high to safely go under the power lines crossing the river.  

I also wonder if the Port of Mobile will also be used.  

XRAY

Majesty is headed to Gulfport as well.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/MAJESTY-OF-THE-SEAS-IMO-8819512-MMSI-311734000

Looks like The Glory and The Getaway got the two slots in NOLA with the Valor and Majesty headed for Gulfport. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, caribbeanboy said:

Since Royal's ships are registered in the Bahamas, wouldn't it be easier for them to get some spot in Nassau? Labadee comes to mind also.

Where a ship is flagged would have nothing to do with it.  It would be first come, first docked, or highest pay gets the dock.  And, whether a dock is a busy dock, then the Bahamas wouldn't jeopardize that revenue with sticking a non or low paying laid up ship there.  And, as far as the Bahamas is concerned, the only thing they really care about when it comes to a ship flagging in their country is the registration fee, and that would come to them whether they give a ship a berth or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capt_BJ said:

Little Stirrup Cay is the navigational correct name for Coco Cay

Disney F just cleared the pier for Dream arriving in the morning to offload, and anchored just outside Canaveral .....

But for both Symphony & Harmony it says Coco Cay. 

Radiance of the Seas is anchored off Port Kembla which is just south of of Sydney, Spectrum of the Seas returns to Sydney along with Ovation and Voyager to debark pax on Wednesday. Spectrum has an anchorage in Sydney Harbour booked prior to the 30 day pause so presume will stay there. Time will tell about Voyager and Ovation.

Other ships due to debark Sydney in the next 7 days are Carnival Spirit, Carnival Splendor, Celebrity Solstice, Ruby Princess, Sun Princess, Sea Princess plus a few others. Interesting times ahead.

MSC Magnifica on a world cruise scheduled stop arrived in Sydney from Hobart (where the Captain did not allow anyone off not the port authorities). No word on what is happening there.

• Thanks 1

Off Oasis today...Captain said they will be anchoring somewhere in Bahamas. May go out into Atlantic a couple of times to test systems. 

He joked it will be first time Oasis has actually truly anchored...he hopes the anchor works!

Most crew will stay onboard, but will have choice to go home. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

Little Stirrup Cay is the navigational correct name for Coco Cay

Disney F just cleared the pier for Dream arriving in the morning to offload, and anchored just outside Canaveral .....

Yep, it looks odd sitting there all lit up. Fairly close to shore

IMG_6561.thumb.JPG.9131b2e8f20f350ed033757f38385034.JPG

• Like 2

Radiance of the Seas and Explorer have just cancelled their upcoming dry dock. Allure went into a 58 day $125 million dry dock today, Royal just announced the Allure Amped dry dock will be cut short by 30 days and only propulsion and maintenance issues will be performed.  We are on a B2B on Allure in Oct/Nov. in the Med, some crew members report Allure will cancel Mediterranean sailings and head back home empty. 

Where do we confirm this? We’re scheduled to sail August 9th out of Barcelona. So they think all Med cruises will be canceled? Wish we knew this for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

3 hours ago, Pratique said:

CocoCay is on Little Stirrup Cay. There are only two berths there, so presumably one ship will anchor offshore.

Probably, weird seeing 7 Cruise ships just parked outside Florida Ports...with many more to come. 20yrs ago 2 of my Royal Cruises got back too early pull in Port. Both times a woke in middle of nite as we were sitting stopped. Was weird as waves slowly rocked us side to side. Easy to notice as on Deck 3....

10 minutes ago, bigsky said:

Where do we confirm this? We’re scheduled to sail August 9th out of Barcelona. So they think all Med cruises will be canceled? Wish we knew this for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was mentioned days ago that Amped Drydocks postponed, only mandatory 5yr Marine Side Maintenance. Nothing said on canceled Med Cruises

Interesting that they decided to axe the amped work.  No doubt because of the cash flow issue it is not the best time to spend millions but they probably already spent much of the money buying what was needed to do the work.  It might be with the Virus situation in Spain they have no workers to do the job.  

21 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

If you have a chance please take a photo and post it here. I don’t know, it might just look the same as a normal Sunday.  Don’t know. 

I see 6 cruise ship docked in Miami right now, and only one MSC ship anchored outside.  Sweet spot in the Gulf Stream giving us a 3 knot boost is about 12 miles offshore, so can't see as much as we do coming south.  PEV has 3 inside and one RCI anchored.  Whole lot of them anchored or stooging around between Freeport and Nassau.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pratique said:

It appears that Oasis, Harmony and Symphony are all headed toward CocoCay.

Wow another meeting of 3 sisters even if it is 3 different ships. Sorry Allure is in Europe and can not join in. What a photo that would be.

Was fun to see Ovation meet Spectrum in Sydney

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Wow another meeting of 3 sisters even if it is 3 different ships. Sorry Allure is in Europe and can not join in. What a photo that would be.

Was fun to see Ovation meet Spectrum in Sydney

It would be cool if someone has a drone. I recently saw drone photos of two of the sisters at CocoCay a few weeks ago.