P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Sorry for the rant folks from a very frustrated Michelle 

You rant away, we all would in your situation Michelle. 

Let's hope you get it back soon. 

Just a thought ,could you invest in a fitted tracker for your scooter, to avoid ever going through this ever again.? 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Hi everyone, hope you are all well this afternoon and managing to keep cool-ish.

Well we landed back in Manchester yesterday from Salou after a lovely but very hot holiday with the grandchildren. They behaved fantastically well for us as well.

It took two hours from landing to getting our luggage, my mobility scooter did not arrive at all. We reported it to Global Baggage Solutions and they had a look too. No joy so lost luggage forms completed. Still heard nothing and they are not taking phone calls. This is a massive inconvenience for me as I can’t get out without it. It goes in the car attached to a hoist so I can get out and about. As look after my partly sighted mum too I am feeling a bit let down  at the moment. Sorry for the rant folks from a very frustrated Michelle 

Have a lovely weekend everyone 

Michelle

Sorry to hear that your mobility scooter has gone missing Michelle.

I hope you are reunited with it soon or a new one is provided to replace it quickly.

Graham.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, kalos said:

You rant away, we all would in your situation Michelle. 

Let's hope you get it back soon. 

Just a thought ,could you invest in a fitted tracker for your scooter, to avoid ever going through this ever again.? 

Great idea Kalos.

Quite a few Americans and Canadians have trackers in their cases.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

Love the Lake district, such a beautiful place.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you Eglesbrech.

When we got to Penrith I took the M6 up to Gretna Green and saw the blacksmiths shop then I drove to the Gretna retail park .

IMG_20220813_114519.jpg

IMG_20220813_121743.jpg

• Like 6

Back from my volunteer groups BBQ, well and truly stuffed, loads of food all tastes and diets, plenty of cold drinks in a basket of ice blocks, well attended, met a number of other volunteers who I don’t see as on different shifts, plus the the neighbours in the big house next to the site. First time I had met them, not what I expected, quite a bohemian family, with a very friendly black Labrador. 

• Like 2

Just checked my emails, seems my new car is now delayed until mid-January 2023, original date was late November 2022. Dealer is investigating the reason for the delay and will advise next week, but he has indicated this could change back to 2022. 

18 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Hi everyone, hope you are all well this afternoon and managing to keep cool-ish.

Well we landed back in Manchester yesterday from Salou after a lovely but very hot holiday with the grandchildren. They behaved fantastically well for us as well.

It took two hours from landing to getting our luggage, my mobility scooter did not arrive at all. We reported it to Global Baggage Solutions and they had a look too. No joy so lost luggage forms completed. Still heard nothing and they are not taking phone calls. This is a massive inconvenience for me as I can’t get out without it. It goes in the car attached to a hoist so I can get out and about. As look after my partly sighted mum too I am feeling a bit let down  at the moment. Sorry for the rant folks from a very frustrated Michelle 

Have a lovely weekend everyone 

Michelle

How annoying Michelle, hope you get it back soon. Glad you enjoyed the holiday although the ending was spoilt.

Still really hot in the SE. Should be more bearable by Tuesday. Quiet weekend here as John is working. We sat in the garden last night when it was in shade and it was lovely, went back indoors about 8.30 and still stuffy!

Have a good day everyone.

Already 27c outside and 24 in the lounge. It's getting increasingly difficult to keep cool in the house after 5 days of heat as it's got into the fabric of the house. I've been getting up at 6 am to throw open the windows when 'only' 16c outside but shut them when inside temperature starts rising.

MIL coming round for lunch today, nice cold prawn cocktail salad and chilled wine, got a viennetta in the freezer might be getting that out for pud. Prawn cocktail and viennetta very retro! We're not having Blue Nun wine though!

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Haha 2