P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, AnnieC said:

. I love the northwards drive up the A1,

Hmm - one slight shunt, and an immediate log jam !

Living where we do, driving south is advantageous in that with enough warning,  there are various alternative routes driving south. 

Driving north, if the A1 is blocked north of Grantham, you really are stuffed. 

14 hours ago, AnnieC said:

I doubt I'm the only person from the southern half of the country who would rather drive northwards, avoiding the M25, than to Southampton. I love the northwards drive up the A1, hate the south western drive around London.

Hope you sort something out, Eglesbrech.

Living an hour,or so from Southampton, I have no wish to sail from anywhere that involves the M1, or M6.

5 hour drive to Brithdir yesterday, which was roughly 80 minutes more than it should have been thanks to the sat nav sending us into roadworks and traffic for the Creamfields festival. Sis-in-law has a Huntaway Collie cross breed (called Vala) who is lovely but she makes Teddy seem like a lightweight when it comes to playing (and we thought that he is relentless). No sign of the telephone box yet but we saw the church on our walk last night.

The first photo below shows the road leading down to the log cabin village. There are no street lights and it is very secluded so it is very peaceful and has a lovely calmness about it. Living in the city we don't really get much of a star display at night but it is spectacular here and I spent ages stood outside in the darkness taking it all in. Next time I'll bring our camera rather than relying on the mobile phone.

IMG_2385.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2389.jpg

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 20

Morning everyone(just), hope you are all well.

It’s a lovely day here, currently 19 degrees and sunny.

It is busy in St Annes, there is a Food, Drink and Music festival starting tomorrow and over the Bank Holiday so I expect it to get a lot busier especially with decent weather forecast.

We are going over to my daughters this afternoon and staying overnight. She gets married in nine weeks and we have a pre-wedding make-up appointment tomorrow. 

Have a lovely Bank Holiday everyone 

Michelle

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Freddie and I have just had a lovely morning in Poole. The weather here today is just perfect.

I hope everyone has a great Bank Holiday weekend  (and dare I say it, it is the last one before Christmas!!!)

AA070733-DF6A-4659-B2BE-A4362C750268.png

B1B32675-0C41-4BE2-A80E-C686F29756D0.png

Freddie looks so cute Gill.

Nice picture on National Dog day.

Graham.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

Soon to be seen on a P&O cruise ship.

24 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

Lol probably better than some of the entertainment onboard. Its the rhythm of the tail. Anyone who has ever owned a Lab will know it well! 😁

Agree. I’d love to see that Lab performing on board and would suggest he has more musicality in his tail than some of the artistes we have endured!

• Haha 5

Decided to increase the number of water butts we have went to 3 locations none in stock,  the man at B&Q said that as fast they get them in they go. 

Went online just found a few including this one with a planer on top, might put this one in front garden as quite decorative, but typically it’s current sold out in the colour we like.

https://www.freeflush.co.uk/collections/water-butts/products/180l-city-water-butt-planter?variant=32319059132503

I forgot to say that our walk was interrupted by volunteers asking us to “call back your dog” because they were dealing with a distressed badger who was *quite feisty*

We took a different path over the cliff walk and saw them heading off with a sturdy crate, presumably taking Brock away for help.  Hope he’s going to be OK 🦡 

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 2

Morning peeps

So tired. After not sleeping due to a little bit of stress the other two nights, last night I slept quite well which is typical when I need to set an alarm and get up. 
Hoping the 3.5hr drive down to Southampton is going to be smooth which with two kids is wishful thinking. 

Also have a very catchy song in my head “wellerman” and I can’t seem to get it out. 

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Morning peeps

So tired. After not sleeping due to a little bit of stress the other two nights, last night I slept quite well which is typical when I need to set an alarm and get up. 
Hoping the 3.5hr drive down to Southampton is going to be smooth which with two kids is wishful thinking. 

Also have a very catchy song in my head “wellerman” and I can’t seem to get it out. 

Have a great time.

• Like 3