P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

14 hours ago, Britboys said:

Mostly cloudy here today with a few heavy showers. Got a few odds and ends done this morning then went out for some shopping - greetings cards in the Old Town and food in the New Town. Had a coffee to steel myself for Tesco 😄.

Some friends have just booked a 28 night India Golden Triangle Tour plus cruise on Seabourn and thought I might be interested in joining them. Got a quote and for a solo it was going to be over £13,000 so maybe not...

Hi Andrew,your friends must be John Lennon fans like me.It's the Seabourn leg of the tour that bumps the price up.We did Golden Triangle (but not Shimla) and joined Aurora in Dubai for a worldie segment to Singapore for a lot less than your quote.I saw that Celebrity are doing a similar itinerary later in that year for a lot less.IMO, a trip of a lifetime,Brian.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ann141 said:

It's my Mum's funeral on Monday and I hope people will feel similar to how you feel afterwards 

So sorry to hear of your loss Ann. Losing our Mums is very tough at any age. Hoping all goes well on Monday.

Gill x

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ann141 said:

It's my Mum's funeral on Monday and I hope people will feel similar to how you feel afterwards 

I hope all goes well on Monday Ann. Such a sad time, but you will have many wonderful memories of your Mum that will last forever.

Avril

• Thanks 1

Just back from breakfast out.  Imagine.  If you’d told me, 40 years ago as I poured Rice Krispies for the children, that one day I’d write about “breakfast out”, I think I’d have found it difficult to comprehend

New place.  Tasty

15018E9E-804C-4293-9027-3CECF13B91DA.thumb.jpeg.895d31ae5aa852ce2246c95b70076f8f.jpeg

42C57EB6-EA0F-45AB-8DA6-3032B0498507.jpeg

• Like 8

It’s a lovely day here in Abingdon for my brother’s wedding, the sun is shining. Hubble has gone off to perform best man duties and to get him to the church on time so I’m lounging around our hotel room painting my nails and face! 

The Premier Inn did a good breakfast but I need to get in my dress so I was very restrained this morning, tomorrow I won’t be so good. The bed was very comfy, no servicing of rooms which suits us as we’re getting ready. 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

It’s a lovely day here in Abingdon for my brother’s wedding, the sun is shining. Hubble has gone off to perform best man duties and to get him to the church on time so I’m lounging around our hotel room painting my nails and face! 

The Premier Inn did a good breakfast but I need to get in my dress so I was very restrained this morning, tomorrow I won’t be so good. The bed was very comfy, no servicing of rooms which suits us as we’re getting ready. 

Have a lovely time and hope you’re feeling better.

Enjoy that breakfast tomorrow!

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Just back from breakfast out.  Imagine.  If you’d told me, 40 years ago as I poured Rice Krispies for the children, that one day I’d write about “breakfast out”, I think I’d have found it difficult to comprehend

New place.  Tasty

15018E9E-804C-4293-9027-3CECF13B91DA.thumb.jpeg.895d31ae5aa852ce2246c95b70076f8f.jpeg

42C57EB6-EA0F-45AB-8DA6-3032B0498507.jpeg

One of the Caldero lounges ?

Currently on Arcadia and have arrived in Malaga after a force 9 and 8 metre swell in southern bisca and Portuguese coast. Ship coped well most of the time but was difficult to walk around at times on Thursday.

Some observations so far:

We had to show our boarding card 8 or 9 times at various points during embarkation. We weren’t asked for the health declaration or proof of vaccination but was just asked if anything had changed since we completed the info online.

The embarkation process was efficient in general from the QE2 terminal 

Plenty of staff around in the bar, restaurant etc.

Food so far very good IMO in restaurant and buffet.

No turndown service.

Ship is in good condition, only tatty thing is of all things the surrounds to the light switches in the cabin.

Very few wearing masks 

More coughing about the last day or so.

Haven’t seen any sign of the disease, with rumours about quarantine etc, yet!!

Have already had 2 black tie nights and was almost 100% if including lounge suit and tie 

I don’t know which bingo ball machine they use for restaurant table allocation we requested a table for 2 at launch 2 years ago and were allocated on a table for 6 and when we moved, without hassle , were placed next to a couple on a table for 2 who had requested an 8! We get on well so they have stayed on the 2 next to us.

Plenty of room in our 2nd sitting but ship seems quite full, don’t know the numbers.

The buffet is busy if you time it wrong and can struggle to find a table, but only at peak times.

We went for the drinks package on the 2nd day after our restrained! first day on board cost £73! So for £39.95 each it is eye wateringly expensive but we haven’t got to keep thinking about the costs. If you buy £6.95 drinks 5.5 drinks a day is about break even.

Its our first time on P&O since 2015 and after reading some reports was wondering what it would be like but so far so good!!

At sea now for 2 days before Sicily , we’ll see how things progress or if the ‘coughs’ develop!

• Like 16

Good evening.

We have just got home after our short cruise on Ventura to celebrate Pauline's mam's 4th memory.

Ventura was Ruth's favourite ship and we took her on her last cruise for her 90th birthday over 10 years ago.

Ventura left Ocean terminal after midnight because of cleaning wires entangled in her propeller.

Our cabin was at the aft so we watched the divers going in the water several times.

We arrived this morning at Mayflower terminal.

We boarded about 12.45 and went to the My Holiday desk and booked 3 nights in Epicurean and 1 night in Sindu.

We had 2 nights and a long day in Amsterdam.

IMG_20221018_135604.jpg

IMG_20221019_175756.jpg

IMG_20221020_083955.jpg

IMG_20221020_131311.jpg

IMG_20221020_112954.jpg

IMG_20221020_190114.jpg

IMG_20221021_185650.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 21

Finally finished the stripping of the walls in one of the upstairs rooms, took me longer than expected as steamer plate split yesterday, and I was remove a layer of wallpaper and a think lining paper, which seemed to be stuck on with super glue. Tomorrow a bit of filling work and blocking some stain marks on the plaster so doesn’t come through the new wall paper.

Taking my OH for her Covid Booster & Flu jab tomorrow after seeing GP yesterday who believes as suspected she is suffering from Long Covid, a lung X-ray has been requested, plus she is seeing practice physio on Tuesday to work on an exercise routine to aid recovery, could be a long haul back to her previous level of health.

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Finally finished the stripping of the walls in one of the upstairs rooms, took me longer than expected as steamer plate split yesterday, and I was remove a layer of wallpaper and a think lining paper, which seemed to be stuck on with super glue. Tomorrow a bit of filling work and blocking some stain marks on the plaster so doesn’t come through the new wall paper.

Taking my OH for her Covid Booster & Flu jab tomorrow after seeing GP yesterday who believes as suspected she is suffering from Long Covid, a lung X-ray has been requested, plus she is seeing practice physio on Tuesday to work on an exercise routine to aid recovery, could be a long haul back to her previous level of health.

Sending your dear wife our best wishes in getting her health back to her previous level.

I hope she has no reaction to the vaccines and her lung x-rays are clear.

Graham.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, kalos said:

Fog here for us this morning .

Hope you who have bought yourselves an Air Fryer are getting the hang of using it.☺️

airfry.jpg.7cff0249054bd70636efe9890b1db3f4.jpg

And another (The Blessed Ranieri Frees the Poors from a Jail in Florence)

I never could fathom this one, but it was always a high spot for the children (and us!) on a visit to the Louvre!

Stefano di Giovanni: Blessed Ranieri Delivering the Poor from a Prison in Florence

Edited by Harry Peterson
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

And another one (I never could fathom this, but it was always a high spot for the children on a visit to the Louvre!):

Stefano di Giovanni: Blessed Ranieri Delivering the Poor from a Prison in Florence

I dunno either Harry 😑

Maybe its a very early version of Catchphrase ..Say what you see ☺️

"He's high on drugs and leg less ?" 

Or maybe "People withdrawing from the hole in the wall ?":classic_unsure: As you can tell I'm not good at this game but it's a nice picture ☺️

• Like 4
  • Haha 1