P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I saw Mrs Harris goes to Paris on a long haul flight last month and I thought it was a charming film.

Thank you for posting today Michelle (and Sarah of course) because I took a quick look earlier and saw nothing, and then I think I should post something but can think of nothing of interest ...... , but I would hate this thread to die off!

I loved, loved, loved Happy Valley last night even though a few of the story ends could possibly have done with a bit more time.  Hope next week's replacement is even half as good.

Meanwhile, tonight we are going to watch Death in Paradise, where my DH will struggle to stay awake, despite liking the scenery 😁

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I saw Mrs Harris goes to Paris on a long haul flight last month and I thought it was a charming film.

Thank you for posting today Michelle (and Sarah of course) because I took a quick look earlier and saw nothing, and then I think I should post something but can think of nothing of interest ...... , but I would hate this thread to die off!

I loved, loved, loved Happy Valley last night even though a few of the story ends could possibly have done with a bit more time.  Hope next week's replacement is even half as good.

Meanwhile, tonight we are going to watch Death in Paradise, where my DH will struggle to stay awake, despite liking the scenery 😁

I loved Happy Valley too, brilliant actors and a very talented writer. I am sure it will win every award going. We used to live in the area where it was filmed so we were always looking for places we recognised 

Michelle

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Death in Paradise definitely for DH and for me if our bowling club AGM is over and I can get home in time.  The AGM starts at 7:30  but some people are very vocal if there is any suggestion of an increase in membership fees or subs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I was in exactly the same frame of mind as you mrsgoggins, when I saw there were no new posts this morning; and, like you, I thought I had nothing of interest to say that wouldn't just look like me me me.

I too loved the Happy Valley finale. Superb acting by Catherine and Tommy and at one point I almost, almost, felt sorry for him - for a nanosecond. It was so good to see a final episode played out with the word and not the knife or gun. Awards aplenty I would think.

I really must try to be a little less boring!

Best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Jane - you are certainly no more boring than many of us on this forum, particularly yours truly!

+1

I am hoping to be less boring when spring / summer arrives and I am out and about more. 🙂

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 6

Boring???     No its lighthearted chat (mostly 😄)... just like the film Mrs. Harris goes to Paris which was fun.  

Its somewhere great just to breeze in and out of when at the computer or the like.   I know when I come in here  someone I know (virtually)will be around.  It's exactly what the thread is all about and what it was originally  set up for,

I hope it's always here.

• Like 12

32 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I was in exactly the same frame of mind as you mrsgoggins, when I saw there were no new posts this morning; and, like you, I thought I had nothing of interest to say that wouldn't just look like me me me.

I too loved the Happy Valley finale. Superb acting by Catherine and Tommy and at one point I almost, almost, felt sorry for him - for a nanosecond. It was so good to see a final episode played out with the word and not the knife or gun. Awards aplenty I would think.

I really must try to be a little less boring!

Best wishes. Jane xx

7 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Jane - you are certainly no more boring than many of us on this forum, particularly yours truly!

Nobody’s boring, and certainly not either of you!

It’s the little things, the detail, the home life, the trivia, the ordinary stuff, in this thread that keeps it alive and keeps us coming back. It’s like a reality version of the Archers - but much more interesting because the people are real. Even my wife knows all the characters here!

Here’s another mundane question from someone who’s never watched Happy Valley. I think I know the answer though - should we start at Episode 1, Series 1 on BBC iPlayer?

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

It’s the little things, the detail, the home life, the trivia, the ordinary stuff, in this thread that keeps it alive and keeps us coming back. It’s like a reality version of the Archers - but much more interesting because the people are real. Even my wife knows all the characters here!

Here’s another mundane question from someone who’s never watched Happy Valley. I think I know the answer though - should we start at Episode 1, Series 1 on BBC iPlayer?

Definitely Harry. It's a hard watch sometimes but the writing and acting are superb. I hope you like it. Jane xx

• Like 1

Oh dear ladies, your not boring ! 🙂 You should do what I do ....🤣

Once I was so bored I started reading the dictionary from start to finish.
I am now just  past caring.
If you go on YouTube, try going on that site that shows the planet Earth 
revolving .I watched it go all the way round and decided to call it a day .
My Mrs says "If your'e bored,do some of those jobs you keep promising to do"
Now that really gets me mad cos if we men promise to do a job ,we will do it !
There's really no need to keep reminding us every six months !! 😉

Take care :classic_love:

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

22 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Oh yes Harry, do give it a chance. Often not an easy watch, as has been said, but worth it.  And worth starting at the beginning for the back stories.

Edited by mrsgoggins
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Absolutely definitely watch from the beginning on iPlayer

Michelle

• Like 1

Well took the plunge tonight and open the bottle of Gary Barlow Red Wine I had for Christmas, my wife first thought it was corked, but it was screw top bottle so unlikely. Not a wine to be drunk on its own, the pasta dish we had it with took away it tastiness fortunately. The wine sells in the £5 to £6 in supermarkets and that’s probably the right price for this wine, goodness knows what P&O charge for it.

We won’t be rushing out to ASDA or Morrisons to buy more!

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Well took the plunge tonight and open the bottle of Gary Barlow Red Wine I had for Christmas, my wife first thought it was corked, but it was screw top bottle so unlikely. Not a wine to be drunk on its own, the pasta dish we had it with took away it tastiness fortunately. The wine sells in the £5 to £6 in supermarkets and that’s probably the right price for this wine, goodness knows what P&O charge for it.

We won’t be rushing out to ASDA or Morrisons to buy more!

Gotta have a little patience or use it to relight your fire.If all else fails there's always the trusty Blue Nun.

• Haha 6

Morning all, just catching up on all the news. John and I are on leave this week and it started brilliantly on Saturday with a trip to the O2 for the Strictly tour! Such a good show, lots of banter from the judges, Shirley, Craig and Anton.

There is a text vote each show and for our show Fleur won with Helen second. Helen has won the most so far.

Amazingly when we were queuing up to get in an ‘O2 Angel’ approached us and upgraded us to a ‘suite’ or box!! I couldn’t believe it. There were other people in the box but we had our own bar and a toilet close by! 

3CBADDB9-2FFD-4656-AEB1-F83567ACFC21.jpeg

AA6B46FF-695F-4C66-BD0E-A64CE624537A.jpeg

D1F25BA0-E52A-4DA0-82F5-3D7803379D4B.jpeg

• Like 17

9 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, just catching up on all the news. John and I are on leave this week and it started brilliantly on Saturday with a trip to the O2 for the Strictly tour! Such a good show, lots of banter from the judges, Shirley, Craig and Anton.

There is a text vote each show and for our show Fleur won with Helen second. Helen has won the most so far.

Amazingly when we were queuing up to get in an ‘O2 Angel’ approached us and upgraded us to a ‘suite’ or box!! I couldn’t believe it. There were other people in the box but we had our own bar and a toilet close by! 

That looks fab-u-lous darling! 

How lovely that you got an upgrade Sue - you deserve something nice to happen for you. Helen really seems to have come out of her shell since doing Strictly. She started out as a timid little mouse and now her confidence appears to be blooming. Good on her. 

Hope you and John have a good rest of the week and who knows, maybe on your next cruise you'll get an upgrade to a Suite too.

Best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Oh wow, that’s fantastic to get an upgrade to a private box!

I love seeing the live shows at the O2, I didn’t get tickets for this year though. 

Did you have a browse round the designer outlet while you were there? 😊 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

I haven't see the new version of Mrs Harris Goes to Paris, but I did watch the early '90's Mrs 'Arris Goes to Paris starring the wonderful Angela Lansbury, she was a fantastic character actress.

Avril

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Beckett said:

That looks fab-u-lous darling! 

How lovely that you got an upgrade Sue - you deserve something nice to happen for you. Helen really seems to have come out of her shell since doing Strictly. She started out as a timid little mouse and now her confidence appears to be blooming. Good on her. 

Hope you and John have a good rest of the week and who knows, maybe on your next cruise you'll get an upgrade to a Suite too.

Best wishes. Jane xx

Thank you. I don’t know if you know but Helen is dancing with Kai on the tour as Gorka is on his own tour.

3ADA2BA2-88FE-462E-8E3D-E9635B2DCE44.jpeg

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Strictly Come Dancing is not something we watch, however it looks to have been a fantastic evening, and the upgrade was the cherry on top. I'm pleased you had a wonderful evening Sue and enjoy the rest of your well deserved break together.

Avril

• Thanks 1