P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

20 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Oh wow, that’s fantastic to get an upgrade to a private box!

I love seeing the live shows at the O2, I didn’t get tickets for this year though. 

Did you have a browse round the designer outlet while you were there? 😊 

It wasn’t a private box but good nonetheless. We didn’t get to see the shops - I thought we would but I looked at booking a couple of the restaurants and they were booked up so we decided to stop at Bluewater for something to eat. When we got there (about half 5 and the doors opened at 6 for the 7.30 show) there were long queues outside every restaurant 😱

We decided to go inside the venue and that’s when we met the ‘angel’ who upgraded us! When I thanked her she said I was nice and smiley!!

Her English wasn’t great and John was worried it was some sort of scam! She told us to wait at the top of the escalator for her and John wasn’t keen to hang around but luckily she got there the same time as us! 😊

• Like 3

Well good morning everyone at last. I think I had an attack of the CC gremlins yesterday, or maybe it was just the laptop having a sulk. The last post I saw was Phil's picture of the baby and the puppy at 11.45pm Sunday. Not one post at all yesterday and suddenly, there you all are🤔.

I thought I'd been sent to Coventry😁

Avril

• Haha 6

20 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

It wasn’t a private box but good nonetheless. We didn’t get to see the shops - I thought we would but I looked at booking a couple of the restaurants and they were booked up so we decided to stop at Bluewater for something to eat. When we got there (about half 5 and the doors opened at 6 for the 7.30 show) there were long queues outside every restaurant 😱

We decided to go inside the venue and that’s when we met the ‘angel’ who upgraded us! When I thanked her she said I was nice and smiley!!

Her English wasn’t great and John was worried it was some sort of scam! She told us to wait at the top of the escalator for her and John wasn’t keen to hang around but luckily she got there the same time as us! 😊

After all you’ve had to cope with lately how lovely to hear of your upgrade, well deserved!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Oh wow, that’s fantastic to get an upgrade to a private box!

I love seeing the live shows at the O2, I didn’t get tickets for this year though. 

Did you have a browse round the designer outlet while you were there? 😊 

Congratulations on getting an upgrade, you deserve it. Hope you both have a good week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Well good morning everyone at last. I think I had an attack of the CC gremlins yesterday, or maybe it was just the laptop having a sulk. The last post I saw was Phil's picture of the baby and the puppy at 11.45pm Sunday. Not one post at all yesterday and suddenly, there you all are🤔.

I thought I'd been sent to Coventry😁

Avril

Welcome back, computers are fine when they work!!!🥴

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, just catching up on all the news. John and I are on leave this week and it started brilliantly on Saturday with a trip to the O2 for the Strictly tour! Such a good show, lots of banter from the judges, Shirley, Craig and Anton.

There is a text vote each show and for our show Fleur won with Helen second. Helen has won the most so far.

Amazingly when we were queuing up to get in an ‘O2 Angel’ approached us and upgraded us to a ‘suite’ or box!! I couldn’t believe it. There were other people in the box but we had our own bar and a toilet close by! 

3CBADDB9-2FFD-4656-AEB1-F83567ACFC21.jpeg

AA6B46FF-695F-4C66-BD0E-A64CE624537A.jpeg

D1F25BA0-E52A-4DA0-82F5-3D7803379D4B.jpeg

I am a big Strictly fan and have been to see shows in Birmingham and Manchester with friends because DH likes to watch it on TV but is not interested in going to the live shows.  I have to admit that I am a Craig fan, we have been on 2 P&O Strictly cruises and both times Craig's talks were very interesting and he was so patient with what I thought were rude passengers who interrupted him when he was seated near to us in the MDR, his food must have been cold by the time he got to eat it.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I am a big Strictly fan and have been to see shows in Birmingham and Manchester with friends because DH likes to watch it on TV but is not interested in going to the live shows.  I have to admit that I am a Craig fan, we have been on 2 P&O Strictly cruises and both times Craig's talks were very interesting and he was so patient with what I thought were rude passengers who interrupted him when he was seated near to us in the MDR, his food must have been cold by the time he got to eat it.  

Ooh I’m jealous, I would love a Strictly cruise, I’ve heard several stories of how approachable Craig was on the cruises, happily chatting and having his photo taken.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DamianG said:

After all you’ve had to cope with lately how lovely to hear of your upgrade, well deserved!

Very kind of you, thank you. There was more mum stress last week but I don’t want to bore you all! She’s ok now.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Ooh I’m jealous, I would love a Strictly cruise, I’ve heard several stories of how approachable Craig was on the cruises, happily chatting and having his photo taken.

I was on a Strictly cruise a few years ago on Aurora and Craig was very pleasant and very chatty with passengers. Ian Waite was also on and very pleasant.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I haven't see the new version of Mrs Harris Goes to Paris, but I did watch the early '90's Mrs 'Arris Goes to Paris starring the wonderful Angela Lansbury, she was a fantastic character actress.

Avril

It's not often I post these days but I do follow along and sometimes cbip in,

Your mention of Angela Lansbury jogged me to respond.

About 10 years ago we were joining a Transatlantic cruise from New York.

Before joining the ship we did a tour of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.

On Ellis Island they were presenting awards to Immigrants who had become famous later in life.

We watched the award being made to Angela who had emigrated from England has a child, she was in her eighties at that time.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I haven't see the new version of Mrs Harris Goes to Paris, but I did watch the early '90's Mrs 'Arris Goes to Paris starring the wonderful Angela Lansbury, she was a fantastic character actress.

Avril

I was lucky enough to see Angela Lansbury playing Madame Arcati in the 2014 London production of Blithe Spirit. Well into her 80's by then, she was marvellous, even down to throwing herself over the back of a sofa!

I just had to check the year I saw that and shocked myself to find it was nearly 9 years ago...😱

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I was lucky enough to see Angela Lansbury playing Madame Arcati in the 2014 London production of Blithe Spirit. Well into her 80's by then, she was marvellous, even down to throwing herself over the back of a sofa!

I just had to check the year I saw that and shocked myself to find it was nearly 9 years ago...😱

Yes time does fly, the event I referred to at Ellis Island was in April 2012.

I remember it particularly because the cruise prior to our transatlantic was a special one to the site of the sinking of the Titanic 100 years before.

There was a display in the Manhattan cruise terminal with lots of information about the survivors arriving in New York.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Thank you. I don’t know if you know but Helen is dancing with Kai on the tour as Gorka is on his own tour.

3ADA2BA2-88FE-462E-8E3D-E9635B2DCE44.jpeg

I didn't know that Sue but I bet they are a great pairing. I think Kai is a really fab dancer. Gorka is too but I went off him a bit after his reaction when Hamza won Strictly. I find him (Gorka) a bit up his own arabesque these days.  Jane xx

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Yes time does fly, the event I referred to at Ellis Island was in April 2012.

I remember it particularly because the cruise prior to our transatlantic was a special one to the site of the sinking of the Titanic 100 years before.

There was a display in the Manhattan cruise terminal with lots of information about the survivors arriving in New York.

We went to the cemetery in Halifax where many of the victims are buried.  Those who set off full of excitement to start their new lives in the new world. Now remembered by a headstone bering a number and the date. That's it. 

• Like 5

On 1/28/2023 at 11:26 AM, kalos said:

Morning just sent for a new passport before they go up in price in 5 days .

I had only just over 10 months left anyway ,so the money saved paid  for

my passport to be sent back "signed for" post .

At least when the new one arrives I will not be fretting has it got 6 months 

left on it .

Next job renew my cars breakdown recovery policy that's due .

I never knew being retired could be so busy 😉

Have a good day everyone.

Renewed mine too. I wonder how long it will take?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scorpio41 said:

Renewed mine too. I wonder how long it will take?

Anyone's guess really .Mine still had a bit to go before expiry ,so was sent "signed for post."

I had a letter confirming they had my application and a reference number to  check progress.

At the moment it shows they are waiting for my old passport ,so they can continue renewal.

However my tracked post is showing they have it (Jan 31st) and as that is just over a week

ago, I will have to wait but when it does arrive, I can update you on the time it took .

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I did d a renewal passport for my mum, from completing the application online to receiving the passport was 12 days

Michelle

Last time we renewed our passports around 5 years ago we paid the post office to check our forms and they posted them off in special envelopes.

We got our passports back in less than 2 weeks.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, kalos said:

Anyone's guess really .Mine still had a bit to go before expiry ,so was sent "signed for post."

I had a letter confirming they had my application and a reference number to  check progress.

At the moment it shows they are waiting for my old passport ,so they can continue renewal.

However my tracked post is showing they have it (Jan 31st) and as that is just over a week

ago, I will have to wait but when it does arrive, I can update you on the time it took .

That would be helpful. 

I did my application online and sent the old passport signed for so I know they have them both. As long as I get before my May cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scorpio41 said:

That would be helpful. 

I did my application online and sent the old passport signed for so I know they have them both. As long as I get before my May cruise.

My son renewed his online in January, took 10 days, he was a little concerned as he is off to Belgium on Eurostar at end of the month for a short break, plus I think he has few trips overseas with work as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dinner and theatre last night, very nice meal in our favourite French Restaurant in Shrewsbury before we made our way to the the theatre. We had tickets for Wodehouse in Wonderland, who’d a a 2 for 1 offer and we had some credit to use up on our account following a cancellation of a visit when my wife contracted Covid last summer. It is a one man show with Robert Daws as P G Woodhouse, reflecting on his life talking to an imaginary biographer, witty and at times quite sad, with a number of his songs from various musicals he was involved. 

it was different and made a change from sitting in and watching something on TV. 

Tonight I will be catching up with Sunday’s episode of Digging for Britain, but first I have the evening meal to prepare and cook.

• Like 2

We'll be in a French restaurant on the 11th March.Our 1st leg of our journey back to Italy.Obernai a beautiful medieval German style town in the Alsace 6hr drive from Calais.I've already emailed them to get the Blue Nun in the ice bucket.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

After Obernai we will drive nonstop thru Switzerland to Piacenza between Milan and Bologna.The last stop will be Cassino,site of the WW2 battle North of Naples.2 pairs of return flights booked during the year and a final drive home in October,sorted.

• Like 5