P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Britannia,Iona X2,Arvia and Aurora currently booked.

Only 3 for us. Azura x2 and Britannia,  but we have a gap in October. Oh, and flyaways to Majorca and South of France. Driving down to Devon and Dorset. Tough life this retirement lark. You should try it Graham. 😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Good morning everyone.  I love the idea that Spring is arriving but I don't love the idea that the birds think that I need a 4:10 am alarm call.

OH said last night that we should get up early to go shopping to get any new clothes, shoes etc that we may need for our upcoming holiday so I will wait with bated breath to see what he thinks is early.  I am worried about him, he has never before suggested going clothes shopping, I usually have to drag him out to the shops.

What ever you have planned today enjoy it.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Good morning everyone.  I love the idea that Spring is arriving but I don't love the idea that the birds think that I need a 4:10 am alarm call.

OH said last night that we should get up early to go shopping to get any new clothes, shoes etc that we may need for our upcoming holiday so I will wait with bated breath to see what he thinks is early.  I am worried about him, he has never before suggested going clothes shopping, I usually have to drag him out to the shops.

I don't mind clothes shopping albeit a short attention span, I do mind getting up early to do it. I haven't reverted to delivery yet for clothes as I like to try before I buy. Greggs have announced they will be delivering by drone, I think it is pie in the sky myself.

• Haha 14

Good morning to you all.

It wasn't birds that woke me this morning it was my daughter moving around at 5 am getting ready to go to work. She normally leaves early but had to leave earlier than normal due to the trains being on strike and needing to catch the bus into work.

OH's birthday today and having a celebratory meal tonight with some of the family.

Have and good day.

Pam 

• Like 6

May be a bit of a drive for you but have you tried the outlet in Talke? Lots of clothes shops, including M&S outlet and they don’t open until 10:00 a.m.

A typical Friday for us. Busy,busy,busy. Late breakfast, drive into town, wander around the shops, bank, lunch....spend the afternoon resting.🤣

• Like 2

Morning all hope everyone's ok 🙂

Men going shopping can seem strange and things like Josy's hubby intent on going 

first thing ,I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation ?

Like he wants to buy a morning suit :classic_unsure:

Hope  Pam's hubby has a great birthday too with his family and they don't force him to

go shopping as it's a well known fact us men are useless at shopping when under the 

supervision of our women .

The Mrs tried to get me to buy a camouflage shirt but I couldn't see my self wearing it .:classic_unsure:

Have a good day and take care :classic_love:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

Yesterday was an online shopping day for me . Our Granddaughter was showing us

how Google maps worked when out in a car .

Our trusty old Sat Nav is good but the maps are out of date and it would be cheaper 

to buy a new one ,than update . The other option was to buy a new car with one built in🙄 

So I looked online at Halfords and decided on a smart phone cradle that would cost 

£16 and a fiver P&P if I spent under £20 . So I bought a concentrate screen wash taking

my bill to 20.99  . Ordered yesterday here this morning . Now that's what I call shopping🙂

No more maps showing me in a cow field asking me to "Take The Next Left "🥴

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Yesterday was an online shopping day for me . Our Granddaughter was showing us

how Google maps worked when out in a car .

Our trusty old Sat Nav is good but the maps are out of date and it would be cheaper 

to buy a new one ,than update . The other option was to buy a new car with one built in🙄 

So I looked online at Halfords and decided on a smart phone cradle that would cost 

£16 and a fiver P&P if I spent under £20 . So I bought a concentrate screen wash taking

my bill to 20.99  . Ordered yesterday here this morning . Now that's what I call shopping🙂

No more maps showing me in a cow field asking me to "Take The Next Left "🥴

Once you’ve adjusted to the change you’ll never go back, I suspect. We ditched our Garmins about four years ago in favour of Google, and it’s much more up to date because of the constant traffic updates. Saved us from getting caught in a 10 mile jam a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

Once you’ve adjusted to the change you’ll never go back, I suspect. We ditched our Garmins about four years ago in favour of Google, and it’s much more up to date because of the constant traffic updates. Saved us from getting caught in a 10 mile jam a couple of weeks ago.

But don't you need to be connected to the internet for live updates ?

11 minutes ago, wowzz said:

But don't you need to be connected to the internet for live updates ?

4 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I suppose it depends on your network, but it's never been a problem, wherever we go. It soon picks up a signal and updates.

Our lad who does HGV uses it daily to guide his truck up and down the country .

I also found this on Google  ... On average, Google Maps uses around 2.19MB of data for every hour you're on the road. For comparison, Spotify uses the same amount of data to play a three-minute song. If you have a 1GB data cap, it would take you over 457 hours of driving with Google Maps to reach your limit.

• Like 3

Going out later to our Class of 61 Rivington & Blackrod Grammar School reunion. Only 14 of us this time, usually over 20. Some of us have been in school together since primary school in 1955. We always have lots of fun and lots of reminiscing. We all keep in touch throughout the year on Facebook too. 

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Going out later to our Class of 61 Rivington & Blackrod Grammar School reunion. 

enjoy.. have fun.

Our group is only from l976 and it's Round Table  and Circle, now 41 Club and Tangent.

I have moved now but still go to events and find the camaraderie like a blanket knowing they are a there in the background and would come running if needed.

• Like 2

Well I have just been for bloods and as ever it took numerous attempts to get any so I am now sporting large bruises. At least that’s it over for another year, annual MOT.

It’s cold here and the sleet is driving across the windows helped along with the wind. Not pleasant.

I’ll be coorying in for the day with a good book and hot drinks nursing my bruises!

• Like 8