P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Not a good day today.

It was our monthly sisters lunch today abd baby sister started by telling us that one of our cousins rang her this morning to tell her that another cousin had passed away last night.  When I got home I had a message to let me know that an  ex-colleague had passed away this morning. 

I am now waiting for my god-daughter to arrive with her son, I child-proofed my house before I went out in readiness for their arrival.

Sorry to hear this, hopefully your visitors will cheer you up.

Pam

• Like 5

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Now then all you foodies who have sailed on Iona or Arvia, here's a question for you, how on earth does The Quays chippy turn out such pearly white fish?  It is delicious as are the chips, but in all my years I have never come across a chippy that consistently turns out fish so white.

Dipped in Dulux white emulsion before being battered😬

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Now then all you foodies who have sailed on Iona or Arvia, here's a question for you, how on earth does The Quays chippy turn out such pearly white fish?  It is delicious as are the chips, but in all my years I have never come across a chippy that consistently turns out fish so white.

I am intrigued. I will have to try some when we are on Iona 

20 minutes ago, happy v said:

am intrigued. I will have to try some when we are on Iona 

Please do.. it's the best.

The Asian in the Quays is also supposed to be great but I didn't get round to it..  Probably too busy eating the fish!🤣

• Like 4

On 3/16/2023 at 5:58 PM, terrierjohn said:

Snap, I have had a couple of those as well.

On 3/16/2023 at 7:04 PM, purplesea said:

In regards of scam e-mails I keep getting notifications that my facebook password has been changed. They will have a job as I do not have an account.

I got one to my work email address last week from Colonel Gaddafi’s daughter asking for financial assistance.

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Forgive me for putting this on here but didn't want to put up a titled thread.  Obviously I feel among friends on here.

Hopefully the source of  pain will be found soon, we are working on it, but just in case.  What is the procedure for taking  prescribed controlled drugs  both through customs and on to the ship.  I know I need to take the Pharmacy Box.  Would I have to tell P and O beforehand.

I seem to remember this being mentioned a long time ago. 

Thanks

6 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Forgive me for putting this on here but didn't want to put up a titled thread.  Obviously I feel among friends on here.

Hopefully the source of  pain will be found soon, we are working on it, but just in case.  What is the procedure for taking  prescribed controlled drugs  both through customs and on to the ship.  I know I need to take the Pharmacy Box.  Would I have to tell P and O beforehand.

Thanks

I have always kept mine in the original boxes and taken along a prescription slip as well and when I’ve been on stronger control drugs that you have to sign for at pharmacy I get a doctors letter stating that , never had a problem even on a flight and carrying over a months worth with me half in suitcase and half in hand luggage, always carrying extra for unexpected delays, if in doubt about your medication get a doctors print out or letter.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Thanks

Always carry you prescription counterfoil, check the countries you are travelling to as some meds are banned in certain countries or you would need to fill in the required documentation if needed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DamianG said:

I got one to my work email address last week from Colonel Gaddafi’s daughter asking for financial assistance.

It's not nice getting spam e-mails ,more so if your a vegetarian.

Should you get an email with the subject "knock knock", don't open it.

It's just a Jehovah Witness working from home.

What you need is a right good password, I just changed my password to Hercules on 

Twitter and they say my password is very strong 🥴

Just be very careful who you subscribe to as well . I signed up to Rolex ,only to find 

I had been put on a watch list 😉 It's a mad world out there 🙂

• Haha 17

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

My password is "incorrect". If I ever put in a wrong password,  I always get a message back, telling me that  my password is "incorrect" . A useful feature for us old folk.

I had an e-mail telling me they had hacked my PC and had all my passwords .

So I fired an e-mail back saying prove it ?

They sent me everything Bank ,insurance etc😲

I wrote back thanking them as that's the best forgot password service I know of .

• Haha 7

21 minutes ago, kalos said:

I had an e-mail telling me they had hacked my PC and had all my passwords .

So I fired an e-mail back saying prove it ?

They sent me everything Bank ,insurance etc😲

I wrote back thanking them as that's the best forgot password service I know of .

My password is ' shutupidiot'. DW reminds me of it quite often.

• Haha 6

I thought eveyone had the same same password - 'Password' 🤔

On a serious note though, I never reply to anything I don't recognise, even a message or email from the bank with the correct details, I always phone the bank and check with them first. I use a reverse directory site to check any numbers that aren't in my contacts list too and block them if need be. I know it may seem a little OTT, but you can't be too careful nowadays.

Avril

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I know it may seem a little OTT, but you can't be too careful nowadays.

Avril

Too true ,I just had an e-mail off P&O stating that if I want to see Olly Murs live

then reply now.

I think they chose the wrong person to send threatening / ransomware mail to and 

I will just ignore any further demands from them .

• Haha 9

56 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I thought eveyone had the same same password - 'Password' 🤔

On a serious note though, I never reply to anything I don't recognise, even a message or email from the bank with the correct details, I always phone the bank and check with them first. I use a reverse directory site to check any numbers that aren't in my contacts list too and block them if need be. I know it may seem a little OTT, but you can't be too careful nowadays.

Avril

Hi sis,you have to be especially aware of bogus bro's,bro.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/17/2023 at 10:04 AM, grapau27 said:

It is Oasis of the seas.

We were docked next to Enchantment of the seas in Coco Cay on January 30th during our 7 night western Caribbean cruise.

IMG_20230130_085858.jpg

The photo of Oasis and Enchantment was reassuring for me Graham as we are on the latter later in the year out of Athens.  We had a wonderful cruise on the giant (to my eyes) Anthem of the Seas in 2021 but it was only carrying around 1300 passengers.  Happier with smaller.  Thanks 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

The photo of Oasis and Enchantment was reassuring for me Graham as we are on the latter later in the year out of Athens.  We had a wonderful cruise on the giant (to my eyes) Anthem of the Seas in 2021 but it was only carrying around 1300 passengers.  Happier with smaller.  Thanks 👍

Thank you @mrsgoggins.

Enchantment being a Royal Caribbean Vision class ship is only 74,000 tons.

It is a lovely ship and we sailed on her out of Port Canaveral Florida to the Bahamas 6 years ago and had a wonderful cruise.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Too true ,I just had an e-mail off P&O stating that if I want to see Olly Murs live

then reply now.

I think they chose the wrong person to send threatening / ransomware mail to and 

I will just ignore any further demands from them .

One of the great things about e-mails is that it gives you the opportunity to make so many new friends. I'm getting lots of requests from female geometry students to write to them. I assume they are studying geometry, as they all say they are curvaceous.

• Haha 6

Had an interesting and rather clever scam email the other day. Best I’ve seen.

It came from PayPal (and genuinely was from PayPal) and contained an invoice. It’s a known scam (but not that widely) and the only thing that's fake is the person creating the invoice, along with the phone number shown. If you go into your actual PayPal account, you'll see no trace of it.

PayPal allows these fake invoices to be created, and because they’re issued genuinely by PayPal they’re pretty convincing to anyone not on their guard. If you phone the number that’s shown, you’ll pretty soon find out where the fraud lies, but it’s probably too late by then. Avril would have reverse searched the phone number, and I’m sure many others would do the same, but it’s a very effective fraud because it’s a genuine PayPal invoice.

• Like 2