P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

At Denali lodge they instilled into us never to leave food around cos it attracts bears.After an excursion of never seeing one bear,next morning walking to breakfast "Yogi" was nicking pizza scraps out of the left open bins behind the restaurant.What peed me off was some ranger with a massive can of pepper spray shooing it off due to their incompetence.

When on holiday with our son and DIL in Kuantan, we wre warned never to leave the verandah doors open when not in the room. Coming back from a morning out, our son found a monkey sat on the floor, unwrapping a bag of Werther's toffees and eating them. Should have listened to the warning.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Haha 13

30 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

When on holiday with our son and DIL in Kuantan, we wre warned never to leave the verandah doors open when not in the room. Coming back from a morning out, our son found a monkey sat on the floor, unwrapping a bag of Werther's toffees and eating them. Should have listened to the warning.

Avril

Could have been worse sis.He might have been sitting down with a glass of Cognac smoking a cigar.Bro.

• Haha 11

7 hours ago, brian1 said:

At Denali lodge they instilled into us never to leave food around cos it attracts bears.After an excursion of never seeing one bear,next morning walking to breakfast "Yogi" was nicking pizza scraps out of the left open bins behind the restaurant.What peed me off was some ranger with a massive can of pepper spray shooing it off due to their incompetence.

How to Pizza-off a bear... only offer him pepperoni!

Ah the romance of travel.... Denali with the plastic moose-heards decorating reception, the cleverly crafted fibreboard piles to hide the steel girders below and the entire building clad in the most attractive local timbers... recreated durable polycarbonate look-a-likes. And the rustic tourist village opposite.... complete with "hitching' posts' outside the shops.

But really who cares... the scenery is wonderful... the wildlife can be exceptional... and it's a wonderfully immersive experience... we still have the gold that we panned and had made into a pendant... and have some very, very happy memories of the places we saw, the people we met and the experiences that we had.

• Like 9

15 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Not a pleasent day for me today. Rose, our very close friend and neighbour of over  45 years is being laid to rest today. She was 93 and finally succumbed to cancer. It's been a very long 4 weeks and now we can  say our final goodbyes. It's so sad not seeing her having a cuppa in the garden in the morning and having a chat. We were as close as family. I shall miss her so much.

Avril

So sorry to hear this Avril, I know how close you were. Sending love xx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning ,hope everyone's OK 🙂 

Why do some things that are nice and relaxing have to be spoilt ..?

As it's nice weather I made up a flask and some sarnies and headed for the coast.
On the beach it was quiet and a crowd of children playing nearby , very nice.
That was until a man and his wife set off fighting in front of all these kids.

They were screaming and shouting at each other whilst she clung on to a little baby !
It got even worse a policeman came and the wife's husband set off fighting 
with him as well and got the upper hand and started hitting the police man with his 
own truncheon . Then out of nowhere came a Crocodile that ate all these sausages !

I'd seen enough and went home ... Hope you all have a peaceful day ..Take care :classic_love: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 23

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning ,hope everyone's OK 🙂 

Why do some things that are nice and relaxing have to be spoilt ..?

As it's nice weather I made up a flask and some sarnies and headed for the coast.
On the beach it was quiet and a crowd of children playing nearby , very nice.
That was until a man and his wife set off fighting in front of all these kids.

They were screaming and shouting at each other whilst she clung on to a little baby !
It got even worse a policeman came and the wife's husband set off fighting 
with him as well and got the upper hand and started hitting the police man with his 
own truncheon . Then out of nowhere came a Crocodile that ate all these sausages !

I'd seen enough and went home ... Hope you all have a peaceful day ..Take care :classic_love: 

Nice punch line kalos. I hope your day is peaceful too☺️

Better avoid the beach though😁

Avril

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

How about this one sis.We had a hippo under our bed.On a Victoria falls land tour us and 4 other couples were upgraded to a AI riverside lodge.We had a thatched bungalow on stilts literally on the banks of the Zambese.In the night we had hippos walking around under us making that unique grunting noise.I was on our patio in my pants looking for them,lol.Lucky I was 10ft up.Bro.

• Haha 6

@Adawn47 Hello Avril. I was sorry to hear about your friend Rose. 45 years is a very long time to have someone in your life, especially in such a positive way, and she will no doubt be a huge loss. I hope yesterday was not too upsetting for you. This is where lovely memories will come into play and you can remember Rose with nothing but fondness and warmth. Best wishes. Jane xxx

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good morning ,hope everyone is ok  and @Host Sharon is getting sorted with her fractures.

It's lovely and fresh this morning after an early morning thunderstorm , at least that's the garden watered.

I remember our next door neighbours lad used to be obsessed with thunderstorms .

His dad was trying to get him in out of the garden during a bad storm but he refused to 

come back in and just stood there holding his mothers metal clothes prop aloft and 

yelling at his dad " I AM HE- MAN , MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE ! "

His dad looked to me and said "What can I do ? "

I told him if he was my lad he would have been grounded 🙃

Have a good day :classic_love:

• Haha 14

We here I am in Guildford.  It is  like something I have never encountered before.  Its like 5 star but with Matrons.

I have extended my stay to ten days.  I think it will be worth it.  Most people here have had hip or knee jobs, and many have come straight from hospital.  The spirit of camaraderie is amazing, especially for new arrivals.  We don't have our own table for meals, so everyone mixes up.  Some people   who live alone come and want to be able to cope  at home after a week or two, and also enjoy the  company and more than a few laughs while here. It is such a happy optimistic place.Guests can come for lunch or supper, of just or coffee.

It's like 5 star hard work.  They push and twist you in all directions then chuck you in the hydrotherapy pool and try to drown you, then give you a large glass of sauvignon, a lovely meal and a manicure.  I have found bits of myself I never knew existed!

I wont walk properly but can feel the benefits already.

Whoever thought up this concept had a brilliant idea

be good   back for good soon  v xx
  • Like 18

57 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

We here I am in Guildford.  It is  like something I have never encountered before.  Its like 5 star but with Matrons.

I have extended my stay to ten days.  I think it will be worth it.  Most people here have had hip or knee jobs, and many have come straight from hospital.  The spirit of camaraderie is amazing, especially for new arrivals.  We don't have our own table for meals, so everyone mixes up.  Some people   who live alone come and want to be able to cope  at home after a week or two, and also enjoy the  company and more than a few laughs while here. It is such a happy optimistic place.Guests can come for lunch or supper, of just or coffee.

It's like 5 star hard work.  They push and twist you in all directions then chuck you in the hydrotherapy pool and try to drown you, then give you a large glass of sauvignon, a lovely meal and a manicure.  I have found bits of myself I never knew existed!

I wont walk properly but can feel the benefits already.

Whoever thought up this concept had a brilliant idea

be good   back for good soon  v xx

What ship is this? 😂😂😂

• Haha 9

On 6/16/2023 at 9:45 AM, Adawn47 said:

Not a pleasent day for me today. Rose, our very close friend and neighbour of over  45 years is being laid to rest today. She was 93 and finally succumbed to cancer. It's been a very long 4 weeks and now we can  say our final goodbyes. It's so sad not seeing her having a cuppa in the garden in the morning and having a chat. We were as close as family. I shall miss her so much.

Avril

Avril I’m just catching up on posts. So sorry to hear of your loss.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

What ship is this? 😂😂😂

😼🤣🤣    With every single person on crutches or one or two sticks, with dressings, bandages, and some in gowns,    It would be an amazing ship,, especially across BOB. 🤣

That is what is so strange, everyone hobbling about but exemplary service, food,  wine,  hairdresser etc 

• Haha 2

On 6/16/2023 at 7:17 PM, twotravellersLondon said:

How to Pizza-off a bear... only offer him pepperoni!

Ah the romance of travel.... Denali with the plastic moose-heards decorating reception, the cleverly crafted fibreboard piles to hide the steel girders below and the entire building clad in the most attractive local timbers... recreated durable polycarbonate look-a-likes. And the rustic tourist village opposite.... complete with "hitching' posts' outside the shops.

But really who cares... the scenery is wonderful... the wildlife can be exceptional... and it's a wonderfully immersive experience... we still have the gold that we panned and had made into a pendant... and have some very, very happy memories of the places we saw, the people we met and the experiences that we had.

We had a trip around the Canadian Rockies and Alaska. DW was most disappointed not to see a moose. I took these photos in Nova Scotia and the Fjords. She said " oh aren't you a wonderful husband."

The moose in Norway fell over.🤣

IMG_20190628_120052.jpg

IMG_20220718_101427.jpg

Edited by zap99
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1