P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Well done - the crunch will come when final payment is due! I reckon there is only a 50:50 chance of the cruise going ahead, and if the odds remain the same in July, we will probably cancel.

I wholeheartedly agree, but as such a cheap price and small  deposit, it's rude not to chance it!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, brian1 said:

It's all a bit Victorian to me sis.I was only referring to the willy starch made by Pfizer.What's wrong with that,bro.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it bro, but if you really need advice, I can ask Frank😁🤣

Sis

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, wowzz said:

Well, call me stupid, but saw a good price for a 14 day cruise with Princess towards the end of October, and booked it. Only £50 pp deposit, so took a punt and booked it!

We will be joining you! Persuaded hubby and all booked 🙂 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Hopefully they will still have plenty of availability tomorrow, I am at work at the moment during my  rest break. I do think the hierarchy may object if I announce that I may be a bit late back 'cos I'm booking a holiday. Practically a forum  cruise!!!!

We have booked today! Nice to have a holiday to look forward to

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Here’s a bit of good news:

Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine found to be effective against Covid variant discovered in UK

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/20/covid-pfizer-biontech-vaccine-likely-to-be-effective-against-uk-variant.html

It is quite promising when noting that the mutations are recorded as only having 10 amino acid changes in the spike protein, which is approx 0.008% of the total chain length of a SARS/Covid virus. As some of the new strains are actually weakening to become more virulent but less fatal the vaccine should work well. It is good that we are now seeing the real effects of vaccinations and have something to work with for the next round of covid.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Understand your sentiments exactly. We’ve all been there! My advice would be to save as hard as you can for retirement so that you can make the decision when it suits you. As Kalos says, you never know what the future holds and I didn’t expect my wife to end up in a wheelchair, but thankfully I saved very hard into pensions all through my working life so was able to retire comfortably at just 54. Sadly, most people don’t start taking pensions seriously until it’s too late to make a big enough difference, as the critical factor is the time that you need for the investments to grow which, over decades, is substantial. 

I couldn't agree more, my husband is fortunate to have good pensions including a final salary one. We are in our 50's now and beginning to have those discussions over retiring early. Don't get me wrong, I love my job working with the Early Years and it is extremely rewarding, I am lucky to have the school holidays off albeit unpaid but the downside is I see so many amazing cruises we can't go on because they don't fit in with school holiday dates. I can't complain though and hopefully we will get those opportunities in the future health permitting. Meanwhile, once it is safe to travel again there is a whole world out there to explore which we can carry on doing via road trips 😀

• Like 4

Well I have just got my delivery email for tomorrow.

I know some of you live in areas where food supplies are just fine but I am getting a bit fed up with the lack of fruit and vegetables. This week yet again half my order is not available. I can get basics like carrots, turnip and onions but many, many other items (courgettes, aubergines, soft fruits, peppers, salad, cucumber, broccoli, cauliflowers etc,etc, etc) are just not available. 

If there are ever shortages then they hit up here first, that’s clear from the comments of those of you who have had no issues to date. Why ship things far north if you can sell them nearer the channel ports I suppose.  Add to that the snow storm coming in and next week is not likely to be any better.

The fresh food supply shortage is becoming really unacceptable. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ann141 said:

Definitely! The more the merrier.People had talked about a meet up.We will have to recruit a few more...

I have been looking and it is very tempting to book but we have a Celebrity one booked for Caribbean Feb 22...

Michelle

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I have been looking and it is very tempting to book but we have a Celebrity one booked for Caribbean Feb 22...

Michelle

We may book Ventura to the Caribbean in Feb 2022 but this is such a bargain and something to look forward to this year

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

I know some of you live in areas where food supplies are just fine but I am getting a bit fed up with the lack of fruit and vegetables. This week yet again half my order is not available. I can get basics like carrots, turnip and onions but many, many other items (courgettes, aubergines, soft fruits, peppers, salad, cucumber, broccoli, cauliflowers etc,etc, etc) are just not available. 

As yet we seem to be alright at the moment regarding the basic fresh fruit and vegetables. I have had the odd week that I couldn't get broccoli and fresh basil the last two weeks has been unavailable. The only thing that I'm finding hit and miss at the minute is Rowse honey! so when it's in I buy the max allowed, 3 jars. My home delivery is Asda.

Avril

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

If there are ever shortages then they hit up here first, that’s clear from the comments of those of you who have had no issues to date. Why ship things far north if you can sell them nearer the channel ports I suppose.  Add to that the snow storm coming in and next week is not likely to be any better.

I have to say I’m having no problems in Glasgow 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ann141 said:

Definitely! The more the merrier.People had talked about a meet up.We will have to recruit a few more...

Sorry, on Iona end of November (hopefully) so end of October as well would be too much of a good thing. ☹️

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

So far, I haven’t had any fruit or veg problems in my delivery, but, my location is a lot nearer Dover than you.

However, I’ve had some random items which are unavailable and have been substituted, things that have never been unavailable before. 

We didn’t go over the cliff, but it seems to me as if we are sliding down a slippery hill 

• Like 2