P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

34 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Just come back from walking round the local fields. The lambs are out gambolling in the sunshine.

Spring is here!

That's what happens when you close the betting shops in lockdown.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

I consider myself a lousy sleeper but compared to the early risers Avril, Angel and Annie my 8am awakening today was a long lie in!

Yesterday, I got up for work at 6am, thinking it was Friday...

Today, Michelle woke me up at 7.20 thinking it was Monday and I had overslept... 

So much for a weekend lie in... 😊

Andy 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

I consider myself a lousy sleeper but compared to the early risers Avril, Angel and Annie my 8am awakening today was a long lie in!

Not an early riser by choice Damian, just one of those nights where you toss and turn, with a 10 min catnap now and again.  So in the end I thought stuff it, and got up😒

Avril

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I'm on the road every morning at 6 doing my 4 mile powerwalk.Just to avoid people,even though I've had the jab and not so worried.It's still easier with nobody in my way.

My hubby feels the same so usually goes for his run at 5am.

Although an 'A' I was the opposite of Avril, Angel and Annie still being awake at 2 30am but I didn't wake until 8am and didn't get up until....!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Although an 'A' I was the opposite of Avril, Angel and Annie still being awake at 2 30am but I didn't wake until 8am and didn't get up until....!

......the streets were aired, as the saying goes😉

Avril

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DamianG said:

I cannot complain about sleep.
As a result of the Pfizer vaccine I was incredibly tired on Friday and Saturday and so on both nights I slept over 9 hours from 8pm to 5.15am.

I feel back to normal (🙄) today.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, ann141 said:

We live near a tube station and I pass another on my walk so it tends to get busy as time goes on.5 is a bit too early for me though,lol.

• Like 1

Todays topic seems to be about sleep or the lack of it and why not ,it's our bodies 

and they tell  us when to sleep and I understand that . I tend to be more comfortable 

when I sleep naked and I hope people are a bit more understanding the next time I 

catch the P&O cruise coach down to Southampton .:classic_unsure: Todays Sunday  and 

called the day of rest for those not out at work like our jabbers bless them :classic_love: 

We can all chill out and have 🎶 A Lazy Sunday Afternoon 🎶  That's unless you 

live where I live and have a mental dog that's stood growling and yapping  at 

a clothes peg !!  But hey I know I will play my tunes and drown the little blighter out .

Enjoy your Sunday afternoon folks and if your not tired give this tune a good old blast ! :classic_love:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Not an early riser by choice Damian, just one of those nights where you toss and turn, with a 10 min catnap now and again.  So in the end I thought stuff it, and got up😒

Avril

You should count gambling sheep sis,I bet that would work.

• Like 1

A very nice day to end February with,  wall to wall sunshine, early walk today, short route as normal route closed whilst water co fix a sewer, should be back to normal later in week. Will be glad when we can drive somewhere for a change, a trip to the coast will be nice have missed the sea, last time we saw it was Christmas 2019.

Mid morning tea break on patio soaking up sun, listening to calls of overhead buzzards, until someone started a chainsaw a few houses away. 

Pruned last of roses, cut down some the ivy which is get out of control, turned the compost heap, loaded the car with cardboard boxes, hearer from freezer which was replaced last week, the engineer not allowed to take it away due to Covid rules (it was inside freezer and we never touch it, weird rule) trip out to recycling centre tomorrow, trip to Screwfix to pick up new under counter lamp, like is so rock and roll. 😂

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

trip out to recycling centre tomorrow

We went to our recycling centre today. You have to book a slot online, and only certain items are allowed on certain days! 

As of next week, they are allowing you to bring any old rubbish on any day, but you still have to book a time slot. For goodness sake - an open air location with no physical contact.  

Can anyone tell me why this restriction helps the fight against CV19?  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, wowzz said:

We went to our recycling centre today. You have to book a slot online, and only certain items are allowed on certain days! 

As of next week, they are allowing you to bring any old rubbish on any day, but you still have to book a time slot. For goodness sake - an open air location with no physical contact.  

Can anyone tell me why this restriction helps the fight against CV19?  

Booking a slot sounds an excellent idea to us.

A trip to the tip here means waiting in a queue for up to an hour.  Was longer than that for the tip nearest to us last summer when they first re opened, so needed to travel further. The garden waste bins had not been emptied at all over the first lock down, but at least getting them done once a month now, instead of the normal two weekly interval.

Edited by tring

3 minutes ago, tring said:

Booking a slot sounds an excellent idea to us.

A trip to the tip here means waiting in a queue for up to an hour.  Was longer than that for the tip nearest to us last summer when they first re opened, so needed to travel further. The garden waste bins had not been emptied at all over the first lock down, but at least getting them done once a month now, instead of the normal two weekly interval.

I have to say, that the appointment system did mean that there were no queues. 

I suppose that, in the future, the appointment system will be the way to go. It just means that  spontaneity is lost - no more spur of the moment pruning and off to the tip!   

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I have to say, that the appointment system did mean that there were no queues. 

I suppose that, in the future, the appointment system will be the way to go. It just means that  spontaneity is lost - no more spur of the moment pruning and off to the tip!   

Hopefully by the time we get into the summer the bins will be emptied as per normal and tips open as they used to be.  I do not see social distancing being a problem as there is always space between parked cars at our tips.

We had to book slots to take things to the local charity shops as they are leaving bags for a couple of days in a garage or similar before they are unpacked.

Edited by tring

Just now, tring said:

Hopefully by the time we get into the summer the bins will be emptied as per normal and tips open as they used to be.  I do not see social distancing being a problem as there is always space between parked cars at our tips.

We had to book slots to take things to the local charity shops as they are leaving bags for a couple of days in a garage or similar before they are unpacked

Our tip wants us to wear masks! 

I've no problem in general with wearing a mask, but in the open air, no one else around, you do wonder if someone with a clip board  has just been carrying out a box ticking exercise. 

Just sheer nincompoopery! 

• Like 2